• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.....again

Armada

Smash Lord
Chain-Ace: i hope you are not serious with that post.

1: Everyone mad rusty in a couple years? No
2: Yeah cause only Americans have a "life"- No
3: Yeah cause no one else from Europe wasn´t even close to beat a good American player (Like Over/Zgetto/Strawhat).

LLDL

Smash Hero
Lmao. No. I was trolling MikeHaggarTHAKJB. All his posts are jokes.

Armada

Smash Lord
Hehe ok.
So many trolls/stupid people so impossible to know if the next one is a troll/stupid to.

But yeah sorry man :p

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I just want to say, Hbox is going to Europe this Summer I heard, which is awesome, and once I'm good enough, where I know it won't be a waste, I am definitely coming to play vs the Europeans on their home turf. This is when I have a chance of winning, and who knows how long that will be though.

Until then, I really really respect Europe for their ability to come over here and have two players in our top 5, in a different version of the game, in an environment they are not familiar with, with two characters who never place that high in the states.

And thank you all for coming and travelling so far to play here. If I can make it to Pound 5 and find a ride, I'm going to ask for matches with all of you haha

Armada

Smash Lord
Isa: Nej egentligen inte.
Alltså med troll/dum menade jag att det finns många av dem.
Därav svårt att avgöra om en del andra är det.
Men kagg har saftat på rätt bra så inte alls det jag menade =).

JesiahTEG: Hopefully you can make it and if you does i promise to play with you =).

LLDL

Smash Hero
Zhu..I think you're top 5 material. I agree, not quite top 5 yet, but theres basically just a thin line between you and maybe 4 to 5 more people ahead of you.

I didn't used to think so, but after watching you vs Jman, I realized how much better you were than I thought you were. Don't take that the wrong way.. I don't mean "Hey you lost the set, I thought you were gonna get *****, but it was close, you did better than I thought". I don't mean that at all.

True you did lose, but I notice some key points. Your edge guards, you missed quite a few of them. You had Jman on the ropes with them combos. If you go back and watch the set, all of your matches would've been 4 stocks against him if you could just cleave him off. I thought you were nervous or something. And also, your combos are too good, and your platforming is near flawless. Remember that shine, backwards triangle jump forward waveland to spike kill on battlefield? No other falcos do that in tournament. And it was mad smooth to. Just work on them edge guards, your falco will be unstoppable :)

D

Deleted member

Amsah beat Jman last time, how is that messing up?

Anyway, Amsah told me months before Pound 4 that he could beat Armada in NTSC. If you want proof of his performance in PAL watch his most recent matches at BEAST. He had a problem killing Peach, which NTSC fixes.

I cannot vouch for Amsah's performance at Pound 5, but his third place was not luck.

Another thing I'd like to address is the fact that you for some reason don't want to acknowledge Amsah's skill because he only played in one American tourney. Obviously this originates in the fact that you seem to think of America as an authority in Smash. Just some advice: don't talk about stuff you don't know about.
hey ******, i wasn't trying to be confrontational or anything i just don't see how after 50 years since pound 4, the ONLY major American national amsah went to, people still think with absolutely NO question that amsah is still 3rd, 4th best in the world. I just don't like how people cling to results (actually more like 1 tourney result) roughly a year (or however amount) ago.

also i'm not a dum **** either no **** amsah can beat armada in NTSC but many people are saying that amsah > armada NO QUESTOIN IN NTSC because Amsah beat him at pound 4. Who says that Armada can't beat him? Oh ur going to use a tourney set from a YEAR ago and use that to prove that Amsah > Armada in NTSC?

and if u weren't ******* blind or had some reading comprehension I already stated that Amsah is extremely good. If he repeats his accomplishment then no doubt he is among the elite.

I don't know why you use the word authority, sort of a loaded word but no doubt America's top players > Europe's top players.

People said the same thing about Mango when he first beat M2k and question whether his win was a fluke. Until he proves himself again I just don't think people can jump to conclusions so fast

Hax

Smash Champion
oh wtf i didn't mean to put amsah in mid; i meant to put him in high after m2k and jman. i thought i put him in that row when i typed it

t3h Icy

Smash Master
DrPP's ultimate test will be against the Europeans tyrants, who both happen to be amazing against Falco.

Don't forget that even Mango couldn't beat Armada with Falco. ;D DrPP came really close at Apex though, so we'll see what happens come Pound 5.

I also really hope no major upsets happen with Armada or Amsah this time. Pretty funny though that despite losing in Round 3 each, they met at the end in Loser's Semis.

If this is true, they're all +2/-2:

Merkuri

Smash Lord
It's a cool graph except you can't really put Dr Pee Pee as beating Hbox. Hbox beat him like 3 sets in a row before rom 3.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
lol @ that graph. like m2k would beat amsah... in a serious set m2k would be lucky to take a single game lol.
Lmao. No. I was trolling MikeHaggarTHAKJB. All his posts are jokes.
its funny how you say that, yet noone is ever able to properly counter my arguments.
but off course, its easier to just dismiss me as a troll since i have a vulgar way of expressing myself instead of facing the challenge :roll: sigh...

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
and what makes you say m2k is on amsahs level? even FRIENDLIES? lol.
he has a much less impressive track record of tournament results. id like to see him placing 2nd at beast, or his sheik even having a chance vs hacks kirby in PAL...

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
We can just say Fly is better than me if you want.

At least I got to enjoy my title for a month or two before it was revoked lol.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
what about the part where he put M2k as beating Hbox?

wanna point that out?

In their last 3 sets Mew2king has beaten Hungrybox 2-1. There is nothing unreasonable with placing M2k over Hbox.

You sound like a fanboy.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
In their last 3 sets Mew2king has beaten Hungrybox 2-1. There is nothing unreasonable with placing M2k over Hbox.

You sound like a fanboy.
hasn't PPMD also won 2-1 vs hbox in their last 3 sets?

im thinking rom3, herb 3, and TO6...

Merkuri

Smash Lord
hasn't PPMD also won 2-1 vs hbox in their last 3 sets?

im thinking rom3, herb 3, and TO6...
In their last 3 sets Hungrybox has beaten Dr PeePee 2-1. Hbox beat PP at TO6, not vice versa.

Kira-

Smash Champion
I would say mango is like 7th best right now i think that's like the highest he's gotten recently and he was beating hbox but then he lost to him last time so he's probably 7th

Top Bottom