• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.....again

Merkuri

Smash Lord
oh you're ignoring herb 3 on purpose because your counting actual "sets".

i was counting tournament victories.

w/e.
If you want to count it as the last 3 tournament victories instead of sets then hungrybox still beats Dr PeePee 2-1.

CEO: Hbox won
TO6: Hbox won
Rom3: PP won.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I really wish people would stop trying to reason with Merkuri. Just save yourselves the frustration.
Right because something I said was erroneous? 1 + 1 does not equal 2? You're an idiot.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
hes only beaten europe once and it was close as ****, so shut up. unless off course you count friendlies at pound 4, in which case you should also count the friendlies at apex, in which case armada>mango.
and how does a bunch of idiots being ******** mango fanboys with their heads stuck up his huge ******* change anything?
if he wants to keep on having the title he should prove it.
what youre saying is as if i would say that ek is still the best player in the world, but he still doesnt win because he doesnt care (he doesnt). but hes still the best because he proved it in the past! noone beats this logic, it is impenetrable.
when has ek ever been the best player in the world?

PB&J

Smash Hero
i love these threads, i wonder who will get top 5 at pound 5..i bet they will all be the new top 5 in the world right?

pound is going to have alot of so called upsets after another..honestly..who ever is playing better during the tourny will win the sets.

so many good players,such little time. so much hype..cant wait

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah I'm ready to see that one.

There will be so many good players at pound... PBnJ is right... amongst the top players it's mostly going to come down to who is playing better at that moment. **** is gonna be sick

strawhats

Smash Master
lol...we all know whats gonna happen if mango plays hbox (he's gonna sandbag) and go captain falcon and maybe marth. Mango's not gnna try at Pound V...he said he doesn't even wanna go and will only go because Lucky will probably wanna go. He said Mr. Try Hard MaNg0 comes out at Genesis 2. PP/Armada/Hbox will win Pound V. I'm confident PP can win.

P.S. i'd love to mention Jason's name, but like mango he doesn't give a **** anymore and doesn't really play this game with much consistency. He also has had problems fighting falco and armada has that clutch factor over him. Plus he's got controller issues as always.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
mango told me even if i didn't pay his ticket to apex2 (i did to try to save the tournament but then he sandbagged singles anyway but beat me in teams :/ ) he was going to go anyway, so i kinda paid his ticket for nothing

so i think his attendance at pound5 is guaranteed

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I wouldn't doubt that by the time mango decides to quit ****ing around PP will have already surpassed him. I'm not doubting mango but it really seems like he doesn't give a **** anymore lol. I hope he proves me wrong tbh.

That sucks about that ticket m2k.

strawhats

Smash Master
Mango needs to bring out the puff again. It's not like his tech skill with jigglypuff has gone anywhere.
I'd love to see a rematch b/w. armada vs mango's puff. Also pp vs mango puff. PP can beat mango fox...although it's really tough. Mango's fox is the scariest thing I've seen since m2k's 07 fox (technical as ****). In fact his falco is even deadlier. PP still says mango is better than him for now, but he's not unreachable. I think if anyone can beat mango it's pp (Maybe Armada if he learns how to fight puff or improves his fox). We'll just have to wait and see if PP will have increased level of skill by Pound V to be on par or better than mango. PP's potential is just ridiculous. I don't mean to **** ride him, but it's just inspiring to see someone come from obscurity and **** face thereafter. Same **** with Jesiah TEG, I have a good feeling about that guy.

Here's to hoping I become **** someday.

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
ok i couldnt keep track of the discussion here because i also have a real life and dont watch this all day.

but what i noticed from skipping through the pages is that a lot of people overestimate and at the same time underestimate amsah as a player. the first major reason why he can never be a top 2 candidate is because of his mindset. not only that he just relies on mindgames rather than standard situations that would work guaranteed, he also treats his opponents too lightly. first of all mindgames can fail. and if he decides to mindgame an edgeguard instead of covering all options he would be more succesful. then about his opoonents: amsah always claims how good his opponents are not even analysing what he did wrong. if he went through his matches and notices that he missed an l cancel then this could be a reason for making a mistake that leads to a death which could be a reason for losing a match. and not because his opponents were too good. but instead amsah seems to doesnt care about winning and always falls in love with the playstyle of his opponents and even hungrybox.

thats why i cant see amsah winning pound.

then i heard the name armada quiet often in this thread. i want you to realise that armada is the potential candidate for spot 1, there is no one who is so consistent in playing like he is. (not taking into account his sickness at pound and the overheat at apex)

Super

Smash Apprentice
if you disagree with me tell me who you think is going to win pound 5. i dont think youre expecting amsah to win and thats exactly what i wrote in my post. ignorant guy.
Didn't say I expected Amsah to win did I?

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
Didn't say I expected Amsah to win did I?
didnt i say i skipped through the pages and only gave a global statement? if you really think amsah can win (yes he has the cheap ntsc boost, but still) then you havent studied his playstyle too much because he gets easier into bad situation than other top players.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Why is everybody so obsessed with mango's puff? He's retired it, and he's said so many times, not to mention that tbh I wouldn't be surprised if his fox/falco are better. That said, as far as I can tell, try hard mango =/= mango's puff... talking about mangos puff in singles is about the same as talking about how ken is going to win genesis 2 >_>

Top Bottom