• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.....again

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Colbol = one of the most talented players in the country

fact
He also has one of the highest standard deviations in skill. Some days he'll beat you and almost Mew2King, while others he loses to Luigi or gets 33rd at Apex.

Kira-

Smash Champion
He also has one of the highest standard deviations in skill. Some days he'll beat you and almost Mew2King, while others he loses to Luigi or gets 33rd at Apex.
hey.. Eddie Mexico (the luigi at Genesis) is pretty legit, he's beaten Lucky twice at some local tourneys lol =P

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahah, perhaps, but eddy mexico taps.

man, i kinda felt proud of myself for nearly beating scar last tourny

then i kinda remembered his record as of late

sall good

hes still scar

he lets it rock. sometimes he did a combo and i was like 'holy ****'

Merkuri

Smash Lord
doesn't that happen to everyone though?

beat hbox one tourney

lose to eddy mexico the next

it's a common story
Nah, that gap is particularly huge. You don't beat one of the best players in the country and then lose to someone few people have ever heard before.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Move to So Cal before you talk about something you don't know anything about
Realize that America is bigger than Socal and that in regards to the larger population that Socal is a just few people, before you talk about something you don't know anything about.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I don't see why any matches that happened at Genesis even matter anymore...

I mean Scar got 6th
He got 5th ;)

Umm... why is m2k below amsah? Especially nowadays, m2k hasn't been playing the game and it shows... if he keeps up the lack of playing, while amsah has been playing (and was debatably the same skill/better before) the chance of amsah being worse is minimal.

I can't wait to see amsah armada PP hbox mango go at it... hypeeee /wrong thread

Stev

Smash Ace
Realize that America is bigger than Socal and that in regards to the larger population that Socal is a just few people, before you talk about something you don't know anything about.
You're talking about a player in So Cal (eddie mexico) who really only plays players in So Cal. You have no understanding of the tournament scene in So Cal. Move to So Cal before you talk about something you don't know anything about.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
You're talking about a player in So Cal (eddie mexico) who really only plays players in So Cal. You have no understanding of the tournament scene in So Cal. Move to So Cal before you talk about something you don't know anything about.
I guess you're not smart enough to make the connection from my post.

Socal = a few people.

Therefore I do know what I am talking about and you don't.

@Tehicy: My web browser facilitates multiple tabs. Therefore I can browse multiple web pages at once.

t3h Icy

Smash Master

Socal = a few people.

Go back to the Unhappy Thread and whine some more.

Stev

Smash Ace

Socal = a few people.

@Tehicy: My web browser facilitates multiple tabs. Therefore I can browse multiple web pages at once.
Then you'd know that both lucky and zhu randomly lose to people

Stev

Smash Ace
Such as? Please cite me one of those tournaments where this happened if you're not talking out of your ***.
Last August at Grev 11, Lucky was sent to losers by Smoke2Joints. I also recall MacD winning some tournament and Lucky has lost to Shroomed numerous times recently. Those are all matches he should have won. S2J also beat Zhu at Grev 11. I'd find more, but I'm actually leaving to go play smash...

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i think todays smash scene is the most legit its ever been in a while

with so many good tournament series on the rise (pound and genesis), its hard to see melee dying at all, i actually think its getting bigger

whoever the best player is, i think its still mango. he sandbagged against armada at genesis1, just so we can have a more hype grandfinals.

who's to say he didn't sandbag against drpp, just so he can hype the community up, and then beat PP at the next pound/genesis? i'm not saying that mango did sandbag, im just saying its a possibility. you never know with that kid.

can't really count mango out... as he beats amazing players with his secondary and tertiary characters

i mean i don't really care who the best player is, all i really care is that the top players in smash continue to give us amazing videos to watch :)

also no disrespect to DrPP, he's one of my favorite players, and a win against mango is still a win ... especially in grand finals

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Mango told me he didn't sandbag, and I played his tryhard in friendlies all weekend and it felt the same.

He's still the best but I'm trying what I can to catch up lol.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
yeah i watched the set a lot, it didn't look like he sandbagged, he just underestimated you with going falcon, and he only gave you real respect when he wooped out the falco, and you still beat him (not many players get the honor of playing vs mango's falco in grand finals)

PP, I have a question regarding you and armada

the last set you guys had was SUPER close, also one of my favorite sets i've ever seen...

you've super improved since then, but i heard armada has been training hard too

how do you feel your next set with armada will go? and also, how do you feel your next set with mango would go? assuming he goes falco from the start

Armada

Smash Lord
Killa.For.Cash: How can some people still think Mango didn´t played serious?
Ofc he did.
I guess this rumor started cause people was afraid to face the truth or something.

hehe me and Dr PP is coming to tell everyone the tuth.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Colbol lost to DEHF and Eddie at Genesis. DEHF has a habit of beating really good Fox players at Melee / Brawl nationals. I think he beat Silent Wolf (I can attest that he's very good) and recently beat Lucky too, so imo it's not really a random loss. Eddie has established himself within socal, and his name isn't as well known because he's from Mexico and can't attend as many of our tournaments. Sure it's not that characteristic for Colbol to get 33rd in those circumstances but it's not that far of a stretch either. ionno if people know but I lost to g$ in pools at Genesis, the same tournament I beat m2k. What if I had g$ in bracket?

But I guess that's why Colbol and I aren't candidates for top 5. I think it's actually cool that the top 5 or so Melee players are known to lose only to each other, because then being in the top 5 actually means something.

Last August at Grev 11, Lucky was sent to losers by Smoke2Joints. I also recall MacD winning some tournament and Lucky has lost to Shroomed numerous times recently. Those are all matches he should have won. S2J also beat Zhu at Grev 11. I'd find more, but I'm actually leaving to go play smash...
I don't think I've lost to s2j yet haha.

whoever the best player is, i think its still mango. he sandbagged against armada at genesis1, just so we can have a more hype grandfinals.

who's to say he didn't sandbag against drpp, just so he can hype the community up, and then beat PP at the next pound/genesis? i'm not saying that mango did sandbag, im just saying its a possibility. you never know with that kid.
I really don't think Mango sandbagged against Armada at Genesis. When he was down against Armada in Grand Finals, he looked defeated (as opposed to apathetic).

yeah i watched the set a lot, it didn't look like he sandbagged, he just underestimated you with going falcon, and he only gave you real respect when he wooped out the falco, and you still beat him (not many players get the honor of playing vs mango's falco in grand finals)
By going Falcon at all, he's sandbagging himself to some degree. Also, I still believe that the only reason he went Falco at all was because of Hugs' request, I'm pretty sure Mango would've started the third match as Falcon without hesitation otherwise LOL.

so cal is so good at melee
we da bess

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer

PP, I have a question regarding you and armada

the last set you guys had was SUPER close, also one of my favorite sets i've ever seen...

you've super improved since then, but i heard armada has been training hard too

how do you feel your next set with armada will go? and also, how do you feel your next set with mango would go? assuming he goes falco from the start
Well I have a lot of different thoughts about my next set with Armada, but I think I'm much more prepared now than I was at Apex, I'll say that much. =) I certainly feel much more confident this time around haha.

As for Mango if he goes Falco....

I have some new ideas but I haven't really tested them yet. I'm hoping that my general improvement along with a couple new tricks could give me an edge(that would help me win the defining moments of matches I lost such as those in GFs), but it's hard to say with Mango having access to the videos as well.

Simply put, I think I can beat Mango as well, but I'm unsure about my odds.

@Armada: Let em know haha

Top Bottom