• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.....again

t3h Icy

Smash Master
0. Mango
1. PP
2. Armada
3. Hungrybox
4. M2K
5. Axe / Amsah
I like this list.

And I honestly think Dr.PP's Falco is going to very soon surpass Mango's. Watching his Falco today, it really is almost on par with Mango's (though a slightly different playstyle). Dr.PP also beat Armada with Falco. Mango couldn't, Zhu couldn't, DaShizWiz couldn't.

I still think Amsah is a top player, but just ran into probably the worst opponent possible (Hax). Still, I really, really believed he would destroy Dr.PP, but that didn't happen. Axe will soon become a Top 5 World player, which is amazing being a middle tier main.

And now that Armada has found a way to beat Hungrybox and doing so by a lot, I think he belong over Hungrybox, but that might change next time once Hungrybox is ready.

And a year and a half is long enough. If Mango does not win Genesis 2, his reign is over and we enter the (likely) PP era. Of course, if Mango wins, then he keeps his throne, but a lot of people are becoming skeptical. He still has world class skill, but when players like Armada and PP are becoming even better, Mango may lose.

Genesis 2 will also bring together the remaining players that haven't played the known best players, including Javi and Ice. I think Javi is very capable of placing well, and Ice too, but I don't think they're Top 10 material. We'll see. ;D

Melee lives on.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I think Armada's Young Link, and Axe's Pikachu.. have inspired my Yoshi even more.. than I've had... I'm really gonna do my best to get him tournament ready...

and goin to my first OoS tournament at Pound.. (which was awesome) I wanna get that done... so hopefully I can achieve ^^

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i guess we'll see if pp can make it to genesis 2.

if not, then it'll be tough to decide anything.

i have a feeling that PP is far from confirmed for G2 yet.

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
sorry guys but how can you put peepee above armada when they each have a match-count of 7-7 at pound? only because peepee got the prize money? if the set was best of 3 armada would have won both sets, wf and gf and if it was best of 7 (the european standard) armada could have easily brought this back especially without RC. i just think it was an unlucky choice with the bo5 in gf but still you cant say pp is better when they are at 7-7

Divinokage

Smash Legend
sorry guys but how can you put peepee above armada when they each have a match-count of 7-7 at pound? only because peepee got the prize money? if the set was best of 3 armada would have won both sets, wf and gf and if it was best of 7 (the european standard) armada could have easily brought this back especially without RC. i just think it was an unlucky choice with the bo5 in gf but still you cant say pp is better when they are at 7-7
Ya but one has a win and the other has not.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
id like to put armada over hbox as much as the next guy, but using a yl puts things alot more toward unfamiliarity. also hella people had food poisoning, I think juan was one of them.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Well Mr. PoundSlap, of you want to play that game...

WF Armada 3 PP 1
GF1 PP 3 Armada 2
GF2 PP 3 Armada 1

So it's 7-6 PP

l2math brobro

Now if we're talking sets also, it would be 2-1 in PP's favor.

So now that your argument's down the drain...

Stev

Smash Ace
Maybe Armada should stop losing in GFs. He's now, what, 0-5 in GF sets?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
they were so evenly matched lol, thats what matters more to me than who is better. great matches all around

Wake

Smash Master
Well not including Mango, I think after Pound 5, it's safe to say:

1) Dr. PeePee
2) Armada
3) Hbox (I heard he was sick at pound though...)
4) M2k

I think it'll all depend on what happens at Genesis 2 though...

Beat!

Smash Master
0. Mango
1. PP
2. Armada
3. Hungrybox
4. M2K
5. Axe / Amsah

If Mango doesn't win Pound V Genesis 2, I won't consider him the best unless he performs well in friendlies, MMs, crews, etc. But he and G$ did win 2nd in teams so he is still good.
Lol wow, this is exactly what I was thinking. Except I would've put Armada and PP next to each other, but that's probably just national bias :awesome:

DJRome

Smash Hero
what if it was best of 1?

joeplicate

Smash Master
mango's SUPER CONSISTENT team placings are still good empirical evidence of his skill level imo

2nd place is the lowest he's gotten in teams since.... ??

edit:
i guess mango/alex19 don't do quite as well sometimes =\

MaNg0 = God

MaNg0 vs Dr Peepee in friendlies was just, ****. MaNg0 was calm like everything was going well, and Dr Peepee's all super stressed out playing for his life while MaNg0 was ****** him. From what I've heard about their friendlies session

At Pound 5

Shoopman

Smash Journeyman
MaNg0 = God

MaNg0 vs Dr Peepee in friendlies was just, ****. MaNg0 was calm like everything was going well, and Dr Peepee's all super stressed out playing for his life while MaNg0 was ****** him. From what I've heard about their friendlies session

At Pound 5
Did those get recorded by anyone?

stelzig

Smash Lord
Lol wow, this is exactly what I was thinking. Except I would've put Armada and PP next to each other, but that's probably just national bias :awesome:
I would actually put armada above pp, but that may just be scandinavian/european bias. lol. But eh, I just kinda noticed the stuff that others (including poundslap) used as johns for him in the GFs.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
The grand finals were just amazing. Both players kept trading stocks with epic proportions. Every time I thought Armada had it with some great combo and put PP down by a full stock somehow PP would just epic combo right back and bring it even and vice versa. It was clear to me that they were very even in the matchup and I'm sure both would agree it could of gone either way.

I need to ask Dr. PP how he prepares himself for tech chasing. Both him and Armada are like GPS units.

Fernandez

Smash Journeyman
MaNg0 = God

At Pound 5
Too bad mango can't play like that in tournament anymore because hes too afraid to lose his title then.

Quic

Smash Journeyman
Pound V was amazing.
PP and Armada making their shots for the top spot now, can't believe how amazing those sets were, best melee I've seen in my life.

Bing

Smash Master
Quick question... Armada hasnt won a North American tourney yet right?(I mean like APEX, Pound, Genesis etc.)

And on another... I think Hungry box may need to develop a secondary thats near where his puff is at because he's slowly(VERY SLOWLY) dropping on the results sheet and I think its because people are not only becoming more and more aware of Puff, but his puff, and that became apparent when Armada beat him with Young Link pretty much only using projectiles and his Dair.

Regardless though, he is still a phenomenal player who deserves top 5 players.

1.DrPeePee
2.Armada
3,M2K (hes coming back to his old form :D)
4.Axe
5.KirbyKaze(Cause he's my homeboy)

btw I would actually like to say that Armada maybe over DrPeePee based on overall skill because for starters, he means Peach, and he also has more character variety there as PP ive only ever seen use falco...

Quic

Smash Journeyman
Quick question... Armada hasnt won a North American tourney yet right?(I mean like APEX, Pound, Genesis etc.)
He won a regional a week before APEX I believe, but none of the majors he attended.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
PP and Armada are tied for now. 2-2 in sets between them, Armada was the one that pushed PP into Losers in the first place, however PP did win two sets in GF, so there's no way you can put one over the other.

1. PP/Armada
2. PP/Armada
3. Hbox
4. M2K
5. Amsah? Axe? Jman? Hax? Things are blurry here. I don't think we can accurately say that anyone's the 5th best at this point. I really hope that Amsah is in the top 5, but I can't say for sure.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Although that image made in paint in the other thread was a little extreme, I don't think it can be argued that no one has improved as quickly and rose to the top like PP has. Arguably, mango did when he originally won pound 3 and started his reign, but I think that was more attributed to raw talent and understanding of the game that had not been realized by others yet.

Point being - Dr PP has put more effort, analysis, and time into his character and his play it seems than any other player and I don't see what is going to stop him from continued improvement furthering the gap between him and others. Obviously, he is talented as well.

And anyone aside from the top players opinions on the top players is very irrelevant. When I watched those grand finals it was almost unfathomable the level of play that they were playing at. For me to truly understand I would have to slow it down and really analyze it. And even then I doubt i could grasp the reasoning behind much of the play and I am a very competent mid level player.

Meaningless opinion
1. Dr PP
2. Armada
3. Debateable from here on down due to losses to other players and the fact that how good players are in matchups and certain days are so important as shown by Hax's placement and Axe's pikachu

I don't think Mango will ever have a comeback. What does he have to prove now that PP can beat Armada as well? Not saying that Armada couldn't have won, but that it definitely killed some motivation. If mango was "the only american" that could beat Armada then that would be pretty motivating.

DJRome

Smash Hero
pp also lost to kk before he beat m2k in gf. does that mean kk is in the talks? looking @ apex is dumb cause clearly pp has gotten better since then. it is 2-1 in favor of pp

and armada using yl ONCE is no indication of "versatility" or whatever. not that that even matters cause who wins the most is all that matters in the end whether u use falco or yl. **** if axe lost to people like vanz or whatever with pikachu u wouldn't say he's better unless he still actually beat them. so that is also a dumb argument

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
I think Peepee and Armada are equal right now. I wouldn't feel right putting either of them above the other. They're both just so damn good.

Also, keep at it Hbox. :p

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
i think if armada went on FD in the last match of gf set 1 instead of fountain he would have won the set. he has never lost a game on fd against peepee except the one where he did a suicide on the last stock (which also indicates how much out of game he was getting distracted by all the people yelling). i mean fod is better than yoshis but still not a peach stage. you can see that when peepee still got the shine kills. i really dont understand why he didnt pick fd when his last win was on yoshis and therefore DSR doesnt come into account.

anyway, armada played 3-1 peepee in WF, and peepee played 3-2 twice in gf. also armada played peepee 2-1 at apex which makes in total 9-8 for armada. this is why i put armada slightly over peepee altough i have to agree they are almost even.

1. Armada
2. PeePee
3. M2K
4. Axe

and im very disappointed about amsah. i always tell you guys that he doesnt care about winning and you could really see this when he went with this clowning attitude into the hax battle. how can the best sheik even lose a 70-30 matchup? if europe was without our peach god we actually would be considered to suck at smash.

Top Bottom