• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.....again

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Hard to say since all I have to go off of is teams but I felt fine vs it in them.

Teams is very different though so who knows? lol

I think the matches vs his puff wouldn't be one-sided at any rate.

Stev

Smash Ace
Yo Zhu, I'm not trying to knock on Eddie, the guy's amazing. I just don't consider him in yours and Lucky's league. It just sounded more like Mekuri was trying to make him sound like KA Master. S2J is mad good too. He's been playing really well over the last year

Also, who is Shu Shu then? I just assumed it was you

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Killa.For.Cash: How can some people still think Mango didn´t played serious?
Ofc he did.
I guess this rumor started cause people was afraid to face the truth or something.

hehe me and Dr PP is coming to tell everyone the tuth.
Now when did that start happening I wonder.

Ministry

Smash Ace
i think pps falco is better then mangos falcon. its pretty simple.

but i think if mango when falco from the start he would of won the set.

Armada

Smash Lord
Kage: More like i have heard the roumors a couple times (mostly scruc comments but still :p)
But yeah ofc the most players know/belivie he played serious.

PP: Our rematch will be so epic =).

LLDL

Smash Hero
Armada, this isn't a question on who you think is better, but who did you have more trouble fighting. Dr PP or Shiz?

Armada

Smash Lord
Shiz isn´t really playing more and PP have improved a lot so PP.
PP also have a better style to fight against Floatys/Slow chars.
Shiz style is really hard to play against if my deffense is not on point but i have to say PP.
But it´s really fun to play againgt both of them and if Shiz (cause i know PP is coming) will attend Pound 5 i really hope he will place good cause i love watching him play.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Can't wait for PP vs Armada 2.

In the (unlikely) case you guys don't meet in the bracket please have a best of 5 friendly/MM afterwards for your fans.

Fågelholken

Smash Apprentice
Shiz isn´t really playing more and PP have improved a lot so PP.
PP also have a better style to fight against Floatys/Slow chars.
Shiz style is really hard to play against if my deffense is not on point but i have to say PP.
But it´s really fun to play againgt both of them and if Shiz (cause i know PP is coming) will attend Pound 5 i really hope he will place good cause i love watching him play.

What about Mangos Falco and PP's Falco then? :)

Kira-

Smash Champion
Such as? Please cite me one of those tournaments where this happened if you're not talking out of your ***.
I can attest that he's not lying, there are plenty of moments where both Zhu and Lucky have lost to lower level players at small, local tournaments (where the results are not as important as they would be at a national).

Some losses include Alex19, DEHF, MacD, Eddie Mexico, Light (very good peach from AZ), S2J, Lovage, Fly Amanita (before he was known for his amazing showings at WGF and DGDTJ), and myself.

Not to say any of these players didn't deserve their win, they are extremely good players that don't get enough credit, but just letting you know Stev isn't making stuff up. It is also a pretty well accepted opinion that Lucky and Zhu are both a level ahead of the rest of these players (except maybe Fly now?) and there would not be a lot of debate there.

But everyone's catching up =) S2J also had good results at DGDTJ

Shu Shu is ConnortheKid

Anyone who thinks Mango sandbagged at Genesis is full of it (talking to you KFC! lol! we stood next to each other how did we get different perceptions of the match lol) or they are just trolling. Also that was the best set of Melee I have ever seen in my life. Armada definitely shocked all of the US that tournament, not only going through a brutal bracket but also losing the first match of many sets and figuring them out by game 3.

I still believe Mango is by far the best in the world and given enough games he could figure everybody out and consistently 3 stock them. Nobody adapts to Mango, only the other way around, and he does it faster than anyone else.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i didnt think mango sandbagged when i was there watching it, i was too caught up in the hype for that

when i say mango sandbagged... i was mostly thinking game 2.1 when watched on youtube, it doesn't look like mango was playing at his fullest that game

mangos falco vs armada lol go watch it yourself and tell me he wasnt sandbagging http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMckFTdPlus
i know you've probably already seen it but lol just watch it again

the rest of the set though was good

sorry to anger anybody

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
i didnt think mango sandbagged when i was there watching it, i was too caught up in the hype for that

when i say mango sandbagged... i was mostly thinking game 2.1 when watched on youtube, it doesn't look like mango was playing at his fullest that game

mangos falco vs armada lol go watch it yourself and tell me he wasnt sandbagging http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMckFTdPlus

the rest of the set though was good

sorry to anger anybody
Just bc someone isnt playing up to par during a match doesnt mean he's sandbagging.
People have fluke and/or off games all the time.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
for 2.1 it looked like mango just wasnt feelin it, which is prob why he went back to puff right away and got off

Kira-

Smash Champion

To me it looks like Mango gave up halfway through the match. I don't think he would have won that first game even if he was playing well, Armada has his Falco's number by that point.

Armada

Smash Lord
The Doug: Sounds awesome =).

Fågelholken: Haven´t played against a serious Mango for a long time.

KFC: Just cause someone is losing (big) it dosen´t mean they are sandbaging.
After loseing WF he had a lot pressure and the set could turned out either way why should he start sandbaging?

D

Deleted member

i beat lucky in losers last grev in a very good set except the commentary is abysmal and actually takes away from the set

lucky and fly are the wildcards like i stated before... both very good players but they can easily lose if they aren't playing up to par and worse people like me are playing their best game if their life

what i like about fly is he always learns from his mistakes so beating him = he's 2x harder next time i face him

zhu is way too consistently **** lately and I can only see myself beating him if he's playing bad, he used to be a wildcard when he was rusty... now his only real counter is fly

col bol is super impressive. just seeing him play on a good day he's easily at least 3rd best fox. sadly i don't think its possible to stay **** level as fox because of tech skill consistency. Even from the best foxes I see like 15 technical mistakes per match.

regarding eddy mexico, he's probably the best luigi now. I played a really close set with him at wgf (ghey tournament) and lost but he's a very smart, creative player and also happens to be one of the biggest homeys ever. He's top 10 socal and like me is one of the guys who has the potential to pull upsets. He has one very bad habit though

so basically, if someone better than me is playing bad, then i'll be there to poop on them, otherwise..

--

no question that pp is the best, his style is very practical and consistent, something that i try to achieve as falcon by n-airing 50 times a match. His safer, smart style makes beating him extremely difficult and you just have to be better to win

--

hbox is a *** and he is going to regret calling me a socal random

Vist

Smash Champion
ka master is prob still best luigi imo

other than him tho it's prob either eddie mexico or myself based off of recent tournament results

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
ka master is prob still best luigi imo

other than him tho it's prob either eddie mexico or myself based off of recent tournament results
Well sadly he prob wont be playing for another year and a half or so....he is on a mission in Nicaragua.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
0. Mango
1. PP
2. Armada
3. Hungrybox
4. M2K
5. Axe / Amsah

If Mango doesn't win Genesis 2, I won't consider him the best unless he performs well in friendlies, MMs, crews, etc. But he and G$ did win 2nd in teams so he is still good.

Top Bottom