• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.....again

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
In Brawl one of the reasons I have been doing so well lately is because I have been using the same good controller for the past year, but honestly that won't last much longer because it is very old and I can feel it very slowly getting worse as I use it more and more (that happens after a point of many many uses). I got lucky and found a great perfect controller for that game so my mistakes are almost zero. Melee it is not only harder to find a good controller but I have had bad luck with them. The one I used at Apex and used to beat Hbox in a set at Wato12 got stolen right after the tournament. I was amazing w/ that controller. Then Tyrant gave me a great white one which I took to australia but then one of the days I was at shaya's hosue he accidenetally spilled water on it and broke the inner circuits so it become significantly worse. I was REALLY REALLY good w/ that. It does affect how I play in both melee and brawl (matters more in melee by far, but it still affects me in both). I would say having a perfect controller matters more than 20+ hours of practice before a tourney (to me anyway) because I won't be held back by limitations. The main issue is sensitivity (and looseness is 2nd to it imo). If I can dash backwards easily without getting stuck in my turn-around animation taht is very useful for fast movement. 2nd would be ledge wavedash and wavedash in general. Some controllers let you do that way better than others do. and finally 3rd would be just the buttons working nice, which is usually not an issue but in rare cases it can be (example: pressing X lightly and it doesn't register to light touches every time. One pretty good controller Anti gave me sadly had this problem which makes me not want to use it in either melee nor brawl).

t3h Icy

Smash Master
regarding amsah, i'd like to see him go to more American tournaments. Having 1 3rd place in a major national is very good but its only 1 tournament. People are divided between whether he's top 5 or whether he's just an extremely strong, yet overhyped shiek.

(i think hes overhyped)
Granted, it was one tournament, but it was the biggest tournament in history (347 entrants), only placing under Mango and Hungrybox, and destroying Losers' Bracket. He also got 2nd at Beast most recently, only losing to Armada twice.

But, consistency is key, so we'll see what happens at Pound 5. We still need to see how he does vs M2K and DrPP. =D

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
amsah overhyped
D:
I don't really see how you can be overhyped if you rock up to an american national and come third (above the person perceived to be the best in europe). Plus he consistently places 2nd in European tournaments.

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!

I think that pound 5 will be a good indicator of the current standings, being the biggest tournament in a while. I'm thinking:

top 3 will be either armada, mango or hbox. Personally leaning more towards armada because he looked tasty at beast and I'm biased and it feels great.
4-6 amsah, pp, m2k.
Not entirely sure what lies beneath, there may be some upsets from the likes of KK and wobbles, we shall see.

Also ice will win genesis 2.

Linguini

Smash Master
Lol no. Forget his spacies or falcon, TBH Mango could probably beat you with mario or link,
haha, i'm so down for him to go link or mario.....fvckin auto-win for me, I actually know matchups man.

Armada is beast and I hope he pushes mango's **** in at pound 5,also i'm interested in seeing who wins in the Armada vs Amsah match in NTSC. Amsah isn't over-hyped at all, he's a top player who ***** europe consistently second to Armada and got 3rd at the last national he came to....pretty great track record.

lots of **** going down at pound 5

D

Deleted member

D:
I don't really see how you can be overhyped if you rock up to an american national and come third (above the person perceived to be the best in europe). Plus he consistently places 2nd in European tournaments.

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!

I think that pound 5 will be a good indicator of the current standings, being the biggest tournament in a while. I'm thinking:

top 3 will be either armada, mango or hbox. Personally leaning more towards armada because he looked tasty at beast and I'm biased and it feels great.
4-6 amsah, pp, m2k.
Not entirely sure what lies beneath, there may be some upsets from the likes of KK and wobbles, we shall see.

Also ice will win genesis 2.
not knocking europe but the only 2 superstar smashers are armada and amsah, I simply think that he has to do well in at least 1, but more realistically 2 more nationals before he can be rationally be up there with the best. There are up and coming Europeans though but Armada and Amsah are miles from the rest (for now)

What i meant to say but didn't finish is that I'm not sure if he's wildcard status (in america) like fly or lucky or an actual elite. 1 tourney is too small too judge. if he ***** everyone again then thats fine. but till then i'm still a skeptic

the amsah > armada in ntsc argument i'm also not a big believer. One tournament shouldn't judge these things

and just because he got 3rd at the BIGGEST tourney doesn't seem to really mean anything to me. Any respectable national will have the best players compete and the amount of non-top players going to me doesn't mean much

if i were to make a prediction i think zhu/jman/PP can mess amsah up pretty bad

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
not knocking europe but the only 2 superstar smashers are armada and amsah, I simply think that he has to do well in at least 1, but more realistically 2 more nationals before he can be rationally be up there with the best. There are up and coming Europeans though but Armada and Amsah are miles from the rest (for now)

What i meant to say but didn't finish is that I'm not sure if he's wildcard status (in america) like fly or lucky or an actual elite. 1 tourney is too small too judge. if he ***** everyone again then thats fine. but till then i'm still a skeptic

the amsah > armada in ntsc argument i'm also not a big believer. One tournament shouldn't judge these things

and just because he got 3rd at the BIGGEST tourney doesn't seem to really mean anything to me. Any respectable national will have the best players compete and the amount of non-top players going to me doesn't mean much

if i were to make a prediction i think zhu/jman/PP can mess amsah up pretty bad
Amsah beat Jman last time, how is that messing up?

Anyway, Amsah told me months before Pound 4 that he could beat Armada in NTSC. If you want proof of his performance in PAL watch his most recent matches at BEAST. He had a problem killing Peach, which NTSC fixes.

I cannot vouch for Amsah's performance at Pound 5, but his third place was not luck.

Another thing I'd like to address is the fact that you for some reason don't want to acknowledge Amsah's skill because he only played in one American tourney. Obviously this originates in the fact that you seem to think of America as an authority in Smash. Just some advice: don't talk about stuff you don't know about.

Quic

Smash Journeyman
I don't even know what you guys are going on about, Amsah hasn't placed outside of top 3 at any tournament for years.
So saying he's either not quite as consistant, or over-hyped is simply flawed.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
Amsah beat Jman last time, how is that messing up?

Anyway, Amsah told me months before Pound 4 that he could beat Armada in NTSC. If you want proof of his performance in PAL watch his most recent matches at BEAST. He had a problem killing Peach, which NTSC fixes.

I cannot vouch for Amsah's performance at Pound 5, but his third place was not luck.

Another thing I'd like to address is the fact that you for some reason don't want to acknowledge Amsah's skill because he only played in one American tourney. Obviously this originates in the fact that you seem to think of America as an authority in Smash. Just some advice: don't talk about stuff you don't know about.
amsah mad mad good idk about top 5 but what do i no im not even top 5

but he beat me in a close set that came down to me sdin if u want to call it luck or skill its up to u

but next time we play im sure that wont happen ;)

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
amsah mad mad good idk about top 5 but what do i no im not even top 5

but he beat me in a close set that came down to me sdin if u want to call it luck or skill its up to u

but next time we play im sure that wont happen ;)
Of course, I in no way wanted to discredit your performance. The match was used as an example to prove him wrong, it was very close and without that SD Amsah couldn't have used the strategy that made him win the match. I'm looking forward to your next encounter.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
well start running global tournaments so players from all over the world are always playing each other

-.-

idk what you're expecting
or you guys stop being *****es and actually come over here yourself.
but knowing americans, with their insecurities and low self-esteem, wont be able to handle the pressure or live up to the superior mindsets and consistency of eurpoean players, and place lower then expected (by themselves). knowing this, flopmericans wont attend.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Lmao. Listen to yourself. top Americans would gladly come over there if given the opportunity, they just don't for personal reasons. Why don't they? Notice how a lot of our top players besides mango are mad rusty and only play this game maybe a tournament every couple of months? Devote 95% of their time not to smash. but to college, work etc. and could still **** on y'all besides amsah or armada? yeah. has nothing to do with low self esteem lol. Perhaps more along the lines of not wanting to go over there, only to lose to armada + amsah, and get third lol. Oh wait, isn't that about what Armada did in reverse? I don't quite see your point?

Top Bottom