• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Move?

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
Banana Pull
Marth Fair
D3 Dthrow
MK Up B, B, and Dsmash
Snake Utilt. Grenades, and Ftilt
Jigglypuff Up B
Falco Laser
Bowser Fire Breath and Fortress
Ness Fair and Bthrow
Ice Climber throws

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
None of his moves are good. Not one of them even come close to being decent. Uair, maybe.

Ganon doesn't really have any good moves.
Actually, now that you mention it, I've lost matches with Falcon more than anyone else...It takes a bit of time to get used to him though :).

How come Flame breath isn't decent? It's good for racking up damage, and you can adjust the angle of the flames [slightly] as well. It's one of Bowser's few...agile moves :lick:?

Ganon has some EPIC moves, the problem is they're too slow for you to use them to PWN your enemy... I'm suprised you don't like Ganon's thunderstomp, it...kills...(Since I've already expained why it's so cool)..His A move is also good...for Ganon anyway :lick:.

Because the ICs have horrible grab releases. Their throws are pretty good, I hear.
I personally believe that ICs have the best grab combos in the game. D3 is better at chain-grabbing than the ICs, but since there are two of them... For example, for an easy grab combo, all you have to do is grab and have Nana (or Popo) and have him/her use dsmash while your grabbing your foe.

I know some players that can not only grab combo me, but grab SPIKE me as well :laugh:.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
So little people saying Wario's fart? Half charged is too good at killing, and fully charged can wreck shields or do 42% damage! Wario's dair and bite are also very good.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
So little people saying Wario's fart? Half charged is too good at killing, and fully charged can wreck shields or do 42% damage! Wario's dair is also very good.

Wario can fly around by farting. Wario's farts should kill. End of discussion :).
If Wario's mouth starts to farting, watch out.
(Well, when I use them, they never kill :mad:!)

Kudos for Wario's dair, the one that only true warriors spam ^-^.

[Edit] Sigging the part about Wario's fart for epic win xD.

BSP

Smash Legend
So little people saying Wario's fart? Half charged is too good at killing, and fully charged can wreck shields or do 42% damage! Wario's dair and bite are also very good.
the only reason i could think of is maybe the charge time. That could be a con.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kirby's bair.

Disjointed, kills decently, racks up damage, spaces, combos into itself, gimps, pressures shields, punishes dodges, and even cancels out lots of projectiles... And the fact that Kirby's pummel is so fast and his grab range is ********, he can refresh it everytime he needs to, making it fresh everytime you need it fresh!

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
I personally say G+W's down B might be it, in terms of defense. In mid-air, it nearly completely cancels any knockback. Also, It's the perfect (okay, maybe PSI Magnet beats it) anti camping attack.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I still have yet to see anyone post a better move then samus's zair.

everyone who says IC's grab or D3's grab hasn't thought it through. IC's grab is tiny, and useless. D3's grab is huge, and useless. Throws, however, are pretty darn nice. :p

Snake's u-tilt isn't fast, is punishable on reaction, if you use it to do damage then you can't use it to kill, it doesn't stop people from projectile spamming you, it doesn't work as a defensive move, all you can do is save it for a kill (and then your opponent expects it and punishes it)

Luxor

Smash Champion
Agreed, snake's utilt is by no means broken. And if you say snake's ftilt is the best move in the game, you just fail. Same goes for MK's loop and tornado.

Snake's Utilt is the best move in the game because it meets all of the criteria that makes a move good.

• Is it fast?
  • Can it kill?
  • Good priority?
  • Is it safe?
  • Does it have good range?

Other moves beat Zelda's Uair easily, like Meta Knight's Dsmash, Shuttle Loop, Dedede's Grab, and Marth's Fair. Her Uair isn't even... good, really.

I disagree with this list. I would say that a move is better rated by
  • Safety/Lack of punishability/Speed
  • Damage racking potential/comboability/shield drain
  • Range/Spacing potential
  • Priority/Disjointedness
  • SA/Reflector/spammability/miscellaneous etc.
  • Kill %
IN THAT ORDER.

Samus' zair is excellent because it is safe, does a nice 10% damage when sweetspotted (or something in that area), is moderately fast, and has godly range and priority. Snake's ftilt is decent but not excellent because it has godly damage racking potential, great range on the 2nd hit, and can kill- but it's not safe. Utilt is rather similar. MK's Loop is quite punishable in some scenarios, but is still quite useful. Dedede's grab-->dthrow (which imo counts as a single move for all intents and purposes) racks damage well, has great range for a grab but is still short-ranged compared to other moves, has poor priority, and can't kill, all while being quite punishable. IC's grabs and throws (again, essentially a single move) are unsafe, have terrible range and priority, but they do have the best "comboability" of anything in the game leading to a kill- but you need both of them to do it.

Going by my own list, I would say that the best moves in the game (in no particular order) are MK's dair, Marth's fair and dancing blade, Samus' zair, and quite a number of fast projectiles (read: falco pewpew). MK's dair is safe, can camp and rack damage like no other, has good range and priority, is notoriously spammable, and can kill via gimp. Marth's fair is safe, racks damage well, is nigh unbeatable at spacing, has good priority, and can kill. DB is less safe but racks damage and eats shields like no other while having laser priority and the ability to kill. Projectiles are simply unpunishable, can rack up damage, have godly range (if you can call it that) and disjointedness, and some can kill.

My two cents, I'll add more later.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Shuttle Loop has invincibility frames, it's fast, has good range, can be used for recovery, can kill, and can lead into glide attack.

CAN YOUR UTILT SAY THAT??

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Can't this thread be summed up with Meta Knight's everything?

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
its defintiely shuttle loop without a doubt.
has invunerability
can kill as low as 0 on certain stages, 60ish as traditional edgeguard
will sweetspot any edge
sends you into glide which is a great recovery
shuts some aproaches completely down
reliable kill move on ground or air
is safe on block
has huge range
disjointed
comes out on frame 5
grounded SL sets up very well for glide attack at lower percents
even reversed it can still have the same knockback as if it was forward, but allows perfect recovery

dancing blade is great but its not better than SL
learn to powershield and samus zair is useless, it can be shielded on reaction
and it does 7% sweet 4% sour

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Yeah because forcing your opponent to sit there while not being punished makes a move useless, especially when it's safe on PS.

Kantō

Smash Champion
any spike move is pretty good since it can kill at low percents.

my new fav. move is squirtle water gun to gimp people who have ****ty up B's lol

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
any spike move is pretty good since it can kill at low percents.

my new fav. move is squirtle water gun to gimp people who have ****ty up B's lol
No move that 'spikes' is really any good, and Marios FLUDD is much better at gimping than Squirtles water gun.

Just sayin'.

Samus Zair.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
The best move in the game or at least one of the best is sheik ftilt

Being able to true combo into jabs, tilts, grab, smash attacks, aerials and even footstools it’s combo potential is only rivaled by Zss dsmash and it’s flexibly only the ice climbers chain grab. With a 14 frame adv cap it can combo into every single one of sheiks attacks and when decay it can combo into smash attacks that can kill even with perfect DI by the opponents. If you hit someone with the tip of the ftilt it can also be very hard to time a shield grab if not impossible with those of very short reach mix that with it's only 15 frames of cool down and with a hit box the length of de3 grab that comes out in only 5 frames it's hard to not say it's one of the best moves in the game.

There’s even more feature to this move that people don’t seem to realize like for example it’s a good anti aerial move. It hits not just in front and upper side of sheik but even below so it’s possible to hit people of ledges and platforms. Can be combo into by other moves of sheiks like Sweet spot fair, dtilt, and if you count jab cancels as a combo then those as well. Has decent priority and clings with a good some of ground attacks as well like marth fsmash. Is not only very hard to SDI but isn't effected by it as much as other moves. With the ftilt it’s even possible to do such things like Ftilt – Sweet spot Fair – Ftilt and maybe more if someone is capable of follow decay correctly.

Top Bottom