• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Move?

JOE!

Smash Hero
how early does the Zair kill though?

are we talking: "yeah! it can kill at 9001%!!! so it's a kill move!!!"

I still say MK's Dair

zeldspazz

Smash Master
We've done this kind of thread before havent we?

Snake's utilt was best
Mario's dtilt was worst

?

Smash Master
The top 5 are...

1. Tornado
2. Shuttle Loop
3. MK's D-Smash
4. MK's Dair
5. MK's f-tilt

Then MK's uair then Snake has his crap and then things get interesting

Tiender Bocks

Smash Cadet
FALCON PAWNCH. Just because it's epic.

Otherwise, I would say Wario's nearly-fully charged waft.

Edit: Ninja Kirby, I swear you read my mind or something.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
The top 5 are...

1. Tornado
2. Shuttle Loop
3. MK's D-Smash
4. MK's Dair
5. MK's f-tilt

Then MK's uair then Snake has his crap and then things get interesting
Spam? (Meta Knight)

the best move i think is the best is probably..ummm probably snake's uTilt. i hate it sooo much, but it can kill. :)

no, scratch that. Falcon Punch is the best. its also fun, funny, and epic to use. like when you land it on the air or at a point off the stage.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It refreshes the rest of Samus's moveset, which is much appreciated when it comes to someone like her.
I thought Samus' Zair didn't even refresh other moves. I knew it never decayed, but it still counts as a tally?

If that's true, then this attack really does ****.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I change that. Falcon Pawnch is best move when someone is on an edge. Especially an Olimar player :laugh:.
Do we really need a Punch/Knee joke in every thread from multiple people? They're both horrible moves.

And no, Threemanuel, Dedede's Ftilt isn't the best poking move in the game.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Horrible laggy moves, yes. But the most epic moves in Brawl >_>. Seriously, nothing is more epic than the falcon pawnch :laugh:. Unless Snake does it :ohwell:.
I'd disagree. We aren't talking about your opinion on "epic" moves.

If we were, I'd probably tell you Mario's Fair (The Rihanna) is the coolest.

And I'm liking the Samus Zair arguments. :)

Slasherx

Smash Ace
I don't find Snake's move to be fairly hard to counter,
just use your shield option, or moves with longer range.

However I find that Olimar grabs can be hard to punish, especially on a full on defenses Olimar.

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
I would make a punch joke, but it seems it's been overused... I sincerely think Mach tornado has to be the best. It builds a good amount of damage, it can pressure shields (and if you attack a shielding opponent you have enough time to DI the tornado to a safe location from them), It actually can KO on it's last hit so long as you don't spam it; and it's near impossible to escape.

And please don't reply saying the mach tornado is 'easy to escape', cause it's not.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
I'd disagree. We aren't talking about your opinion on "epic" moves.

If we were, I'd probably tell you Mario's Fair (The Rihanna) is the coolest.

And I'm liking the Samus Zair arguments. :)
I guess so :ohwell:...Captian Falcon is bottom tier for a reason...He has total epicness rather than quick and lagless moves :urg:...

I have to say for me, Kirby's bair, due to the fact that I can quickly use it, and is K.Oable, but that's MY opinion :dizzy:.

Samus's Zair is pretty cool as well, due to the fact that it quickly comes back as soon as you touch the ground..

I'm also gonna stop talking to you, due to the fact that Mods scare me >_<. No offense...I'm just scared to be penalized for doing something is all D:.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Tornado isn't even a top ten move. Tornado>Bad players, like...completely... but it is completely avoidable. Certain characters are destroyed by it, but most have decent ways around it.

Also...It's not too easy using moves that outspace Snake's Ftilt...

Slasherx

Smash Ace
I would make a punch joke, but it seems it's been overused... I sincerely think Mach tornado has to be the best. It builds a good amount of damage, it can pressure shields (and if you attack a shielding opponent you have enough time to DI the tornado to a safe location from them), It actually can KO on it's last hit so long as you don't spam it; and it's near impossible to escape.

And please don't reply saying the mach tornado is 'easy to escape', cause it's not.
Alright...Howbout shield option?
Btw jabs or other short-frame moves allow you to clash with mach tornado and cancel it...
Also I'm not saying that everyone can cancel it, but they still have the ability to shield it.

BSP

Smash Legend
I would say snake's u-tilt. But i think snake's whole moveset is too good, i mean like every single move he has can kill.

cutter

Smash Champion
Tornado is good and it does see use in high levels of play, but Shuttle Loop is overall better in terms of versatility. I'd probably put tornado in the lower top 10.

Shuttle Loop gimps at alarmingly low %s, is a kill move on the ground, rejects most approaches because of the range and invincibility frames, goes right into a glide to keep it from being easily punishable, and it gives MK ways to safely recover back to the stage (ie Shuttle Loop into the ledge, or ground-cancelled Shuttle Loop).

Shuttle Loop is the "best" move in the game because it is just an incredibly versatile move.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I'm gonna go out on a long shot here and say Samus's Zair.
Amazing range.
No lag.
High priority.
If only everything else about samus wasn't so bad.

lil cj

Smash Lord
If Samus' Zair was the best move then she would be s tier, but shes not.
There is no best move overall, it depends on what kind of move.
Like best dsmash is MK's
Best uair is ZSS
Best jab is Ike's
and so on.
I admit Samus has the best zair but not the best move in the game...thats just crazy.
Its nowhere near as good as Shuttle Loop....if your gonna pick the "best move" then your best bet is Shuttle Loop

IxxI

Smash Fence
Snake's Utilt is the best move in the game because it meets all of the criteria that makes a move good.

• Is it fast?
  • Can it kill?
  • Good priority?
  • Is it safe?
  • Does it have good range?

Other moves beat Zelda's Uair easily, like Meta Knight's Dsmash, Shuttle Loop, Dedede's Grab, and Marth's Fair. Her Uair isn't even... good, really.

Snake's UTilt 10x. That for FTilt. MK's Shuffle Loop comes in close though.

Phir3

Smash Apprentice
If Samus' Zair was the best move then she would be s tier, but shes not.
There is no best move overall, it depends on what kind of move.
Like best dsmash is MK's
Best uair is ZSS
Best jab is Ike's
and so on.
I admit Samus has the best zair but not the best move in the game...thats just crazy.
Its nowhere near as good as Shuttle Loop....if your gonna pick the "best move" then your best bet is Shuttle Loop
I have no idea, but i thought ROB's Dsmash was better..... and I'd say Wario's Uair is better than ZSS's....

Oh, and a while ago Gates said that D3's grabs were far superior to Shuttle loop and Mach Tornado.

cutter

Smash Champion
G&W's Usmash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lucas's Usmash

G&W's Usmash has a 2-3 frame charge release and is safe on block.

Get ***** Lucas.

BSP

Smash Legend
G&W's Usmash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lucas's Usmash

G&W's Usmash has a 2-3 frame charge release and is safe on block.

Get ***** Lucas.
lol speaking of which, i was fighting a g and w, got hit by a full charge u smash DIED AT 63% yeah it's pretty strong.

flyingpork002

Smash Apprentice
yeah lucas' upsmash is nowhere near being the best move, not even best up-smash. Maybe if we were talking about best killing move against a lvl 1 gannondorf who spends more time doing the standard idle motions than moving, Lucas' upsmash would have a chance. But... other than that, it's just too situational to be that good.

lil cj

Smash Lord
I have no idea, but i thought ROB's Dsmash was better..... and I'd say Wario's Uair is better than ZSS's....

Oh, and a while ago Gates said that D3's grabs were far superior to Shuttle loop and Mach Tornado.
I think ROB's is just a fast as MK's, but not good at killing though
Zelda's is also just as fast.
Oh yea Wario's uair is better than ZSS's lol...i forgot
D3's grabs better than Shuttle Loop and Tornado???
I dont get that one lol

yeah lucas' upsmash is nowhere near being the best move, not even best up-smash. Maybe if we were talking about best killing move against a lvl 1 gannondorf who spends more time doing the standard idle motions than moving, Lucas' upsmash would have a chance. But... other than that, it's just too situational to be that good.

I dont think he was saying it was the best, he was just pointing out how strong it is.
Its the 2nd strongest upsmash after Ivysaur's
Lucas' upsmash is more of a punishing move.
Also its works best on Brinstar....mindgames

JOE!

Smash Hero
Ivysaurs is stonger then both of them

Anywho, I still say MK's D-Air is the best move

flyingpork002

Smash Apprentice
as far as u smashes go g&ws is by far the best balance between speed and damage. And after that i'd probably prefer ivysaurs over lucas... not that i would ever play as ivysaur

Top Bottom