• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
You DI towards the stage, not away from it. Technically you'll still end up off stage by DI'ing away from the stage, wouldn't risk that. But lets try not to share this information to other boards unaware of this DI.

Dittos: Umm, ban FD... platform stall somewhere.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
You DI towards the stage, not away from it. Technically you'll still end up off stage by DI'ing away from the stage, wouldn't risk that. But lets try not to share this information to other boards unaware of this DI.

Dittos: Umm, ban FD... platform stall somewhere.
lmao every good player should already know this though, as well as able to tech it

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I've never seen a falco ditto where they actually tech it. It's like the thing all falco players say you should be able to do and it never happens. SDI'ing onto the stage is a lot more common and 10x better anyways. Lylat cruise is probably the best for falco dittos (if you don't wanna get ****ed over by cg's).

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
I've never seen a falco ditto where they actually tech it. It's like the thing all falco players say you should be able to do and it never happens. SDI'ing onto the stage is a lot more common and 10x better anyways. Lylat cruise is probably the best for falco dittos (if you don't wanna get ****ed over by cg's).
well I meant tech it on stage o.o

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Thanks Vlade :D

So I was talking to teh spamerer recently, who randomly Falco dittos with me, and he says if you grab too close to the ledge you can't down throw to spike characters cause the downthrow throws them too far out.

True or false?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I'm thinking the Lucario avoided the knockback with the invincibility frames on his get up, but got hit by the rest of the attack which has hitstun but no knockback.

clowsui

Smash Legend

So I was talking to teh spamerer recently, who randomly Falco dittos with me, and he says if you grab too close to the ledge you can't down throw to spike characters cause the downthrow throws them too far out.

True or false?
it depends on the decay
the lower the decay, the less likely...but if they're still in hitstun and you have relatively low decay you have to be good at the buffer

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yo the Falco boards are as dead as hell, cmon gaiz, isnt there some exciting new AT we can hype onlike the DDD, ICs, and Pikachu boards?

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
I'd say some stuff, but I got kicked outta' the FBR.

):

lol, I'll get to updating the video thread tonight. Hopefully.

Homework killin meh.

M@v

Subarashii!
Me and melon are going to Battle Royale 2 On Saturday. Wish us luck. Keitaro was trying to make it too, but he has work :(

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri

True or false?

true,, I thought this was known D:

Gmoney_

Smash Journeyman

True or false?
If u Dtrhow someone too close to the ledge, you wont have enough space to buffer a dash, so it wont be possible to spike.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
So the characters that falco can't chaingrab go too high or go too far? If it is too far then we can input a boost grab (Like boost pivot without the pivot) so we will go farther in the short amount of time. This may help CG characters we couldn't before.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
So the characters that falco can't chaingrab go too high or go too far? If it is too far then we can input a boost grab (Like boost pivot without the pivot) so we will go farther in the short amount of time. This may help CG characters we couldn't before.
I suggested this before, but it was instantly rejected. So I assume it won't help

Keitaro

Thanks guys I just wanted to make sure that Spam was right. I always assumed this but wanted to make sure it was true.

I'm also trying to get some discussion in these boards that can help some people.

On that note, I have trouble reverse boost pivot grabbing consistently. I used to use cstick right-Z but now I use cstick down-Z cause it feels more comfortable.

Either way I still have loads of trouble getting it to work when I need to making me almost never take the chance during a tourney match when it could be useful. Glide tossing, boost smash, and even that snake fake throw grenade up thing are easy for me but the timing for RBPG just kicks me in the ***.

Anyy tips?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I use L (shield) for RBPG, while R (attack) for DACUS, this way I wouldn't mix up the timing of the move. And I read somewhere that Falco's boost grab sucks ***, as in you get like maybe a couple of pixles extra range so that it basically help at all.

Denzi

Smash Master
I just Dash -> C-stick right (always right for some reason) -> Back +Z. I don't really know how else to explain it.

Also: I'm back :D

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Uh...did anybody answer my question? Would boost grabbing help CG any characters that we can't?

Keitaro

I'll just practice it during friendlies and someday I'll hopefully be able to rely on it.

Glad to see you back Denzi.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Red, you remember the grab games we have when we Falco mirror?

SOOOOO legit.

Falco's boost grab is amazing. Use it.
yeah, its been a while.

Also, for those just learning to boost it, or those that have learned it but need applications, look outside of the chain grab for opportunities. Boost pivot grabs are BRUTAL against rolls, especially Falco's BPG. It covers the distance of many characters rolls by itself, and if you predict a roll farther than it's reach, dashing a little before hand is quite easy. Reading a player that is coming from the air and then reacting with a BPG is also always a good option.

Watch this recentvideo of SK92 against MoJoe and notice how at, beginning at 2:28, SK92 reads MoJoe's aerial trajectory and accordingly boost pivot grabs him, eventually leading to the kill. Just some tips for those looking for some :]

Top Bottom