• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah haven't played the new TvC, didn't know it was released in US :p

Or isn't it?

Trying to get into SF4 too.

Naruto looks awesome lol, never really got into it but someone set it up at the last tourney I went to and it seemed fun

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Vlade you should totally play it. I don't want to spoil anything for Xonar but I went to see the new character specials (a compilation video on youtube) and There are some characters I didn't expect to see thar. I need this game as well as New Super Mario Bros Wii for christmas >:^o

I'm being rather weird. I'm dropping Falco for a Snake/Peach combo. Falco will always have a special place in my mind where I won't forget him.

You should drop Snake and go all Peach.
I have actually considered doing that, but with me constantly using AiB ladder, I need Snake to compete since my Falco gets eaten by certain characters in lag, and Peach I am just not skilled enough with. However, I want to be.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
I'm too used to Melee Peach to use Brawl Peach. Impossible for me. Gdubs covers most of Falco's bad match ups except Marth and he's easy/fun to use. After playing Falco for a few matches and getting frustrated on not killing till like 200%, switching to G&W and killing at 90 is . . . comforting.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I don't think I post in any character boards but this one.

I don't really have a comfortable secondary, and I don't really care either.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I'm too used to Melee Peach to use Brawl Peach. Impossible for me. Gdubs covers most of Falco's bad match ups except Marth and he's easy/fun to use. After playing Falco for a few matches and getting frustrated on not killing till like 200%, switching to G&W and killing at 90 is . . . comforting.
That's what I do, and I just use MK for marth rofl.

Denzi randomly switches 2ndaries all the time, he's all over the character boards, he was in IC's for about a week a little bit ago.
J4pu is quite the dedicated stalker to follow someone for a week.

Need help on the Rob match-up.
It feels like I can't punish him...
What exactly are you having problems with? It sounds like you are getting outspaced by Ftilt/jab/dtilt.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
That's all my friend does when I'm close to him. I can't kill at the right moments cause ROB is blocking and punishing everything. Maybe I need to back off and camp more? But then he just uses sideb.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
lol side b is crap if he ever uses it thats a free kill for you. And ROB does have decent amount of lag on his moves, but if you just rush at him you will be punished. I say learn the timing of his attacks and punish w/o running into his attacks.

Denzi

Smash Master
Denzi randomly switches 2ndaries all the time, he's all over the character boards, he was in IC's for about a week a little bit ago.

Yeah, but I've had Peach as a solid secondary for a while now. And IC's are just plain fun :p
And now I'm picking up Shiek (I like Shiek).
I want to eventually become proficient with every character. It's one of those "know your enemy" things.

ROB's an easy (ish) one. Lasers everywhere. Do that and he won't be able to spam his projectiles and he'll be forced to approach, which is probably what you're doing when your getting punished (approaching). Just fire more of thoso awesome blue lines.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
That's all my friend does when I'm close to him. I can't kill at the right moments cause ROB is blocking and punishing everything. Maybe I need to back off and camp more? But then he just uses sideb.
I play Flayl (who subs ROB) on a very regular basis. One thing you must know is the fact that Falco doesn't stand a chance against ROB at close range. He just gets ***** by shieldgrabs, spotdodge-dsmash, d-tilt, and other moves. However, ROB has lots of trouble approaching a campy. So camping is obviously by far your best option. Remember not to make an obvious pattern out of your camp game, such as the very predictable sequence of SHDL --> side-b. Try to mix it up at all times. Also, whenever ROB attempts an air approach, punish him: you have far better air options, and if you see he's gonna use nair, wait for the move to finish and hit him.

Another important detail: you CAN chaingrab ROB using the buffered chaingrab. But don't attempt to grab. Wait for the opportunity (shieldgrab is your best option), because failed grab attempts leads to ROB punishing you (and ROB punishing is not a joke lol free 20-30%).

Imo the Falco-ROB matchup is 50-50 or maybe even slightly in Falco's advantage. In short, don't fight a grounded ROB at close range, make him follow you through the stage by camping him, and beat him in the air.

J4pu

Smash Champion
I won't say I don't stalk Denzi, but I have a justification for that part, I play IC's
and now it seems like denzi is stalking me, err maybe copying is a more appropriate word, I 2nded sheik.
Do you also play pikachu denzi?
and Luigi, ddd, marth, mk, jigglypuff as late quarternaries?

knowing every character inside and out is a pretty good idea tho, the only problem is that (most) chars will evolve as time goes by so you will have to constantly play them if you want to stay up to date.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Something which shuts down a lot of ROB's options is simply picking up his gyro and camping. You can still use your b moves, whilst ROB loses one of his most important tools

Top Bottom