• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might VII! (September 12th, 2009) OC #3

4% APR

Smash Champion
im pretty sure i've seen watty forfeit tourney matches to watch the game. What a guy

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
uhhh OSU plays USC this day please reschedule accordingly
Wtf is the point.... osu is just gonna get *****.

Ok, for a melee player. Is this worth coming out to? like 20 people + is what i would consider worth driving out to this for. Someone give me an educated estimate as to the attendance of such a tourney.

4% APR

Smash Champion
ok well, last time we got around 28, but it was only a $5 entry fee. If it were $10 i would expect significantly less people to enter. Also no doubles, but something tells me that doubles isnt your game

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings

Ok, for a melee player. Is this worth coming out to? like 20 people + is what i would consider worth driving out to this for. Someone give me an educated estimate as to the attendance of such a tourney.
Melee attendance should be around 30. There are probably 15 players there specifically for melee only and about 15 brawl players that will also play melee. I'm hoping attendance will be 70+ overall but I'm expecting 60+ overall. Usually the LAN center has about 5 players that don't know about smashboards and didn't post and I've convinced about 5-10 players from akron to also attend. The pre-registration says about 70 but usually about 1/7 of the players drop out last minute or just don't show up.

Spread the hype people, tell the god kais, springfield, MI, even your mom.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Sadly I am also 100% confirmed to NOT go to this one...

I won't get back from NC until Saturday afternoon (which means I would get to Mentor at 9pm...)

Good luck everyone!

soap

Smash Hero

I will come and **** u if u r coming. Otherwise i may or may not go.

not really worth the drive for the melee tbh.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Steve we need to get together and play some Melee again before this happens. I need to be whipped back into shape lol.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Got my availability changed and... I think I can come now again.

Now ITT, pick me up this Thurs so I can get some practice in! :p

solecalibur

Smash Master
I do plan on coming if I can get a ride I'll bring my recording stuff for finals and such

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah Shugo I still have to play you 1 on 1 offline lol. We should all stand in line I guess.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I don't know why, but I found the "reschedule this tourney because of OSU vs USC" thing really funny... :laugh: Still, we do need to have that game on in one way or another... Perhaps I can figure something out...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I just realized... I don't have a teammate for this either, and I'm pretty sure Dayton's not going.

Anyone up for it?

4% APR

Smash Champion
nice, the attendance would be fine if more people felt that way. Trail, if for some reason i dont see you in bracket we should mm

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
So apparantly the venue got rid of 6 computers and those little towers in the middle. They revamped the place to give more room for the TVs (which means more room for us)

80+ ppl pre-regged now, let's keep this goin!

Western New York, Pittsburgh, and Springfield. Where you at?

Skyson

Smash Ace
Daaaamn to this tourney being so big. Like "thats what she said" big. You can totally count us butler duders in and most likely some pittsburgh fellahs. PA will be repped!
2good. We need to play low tier doubles in friendlies all day while Brawl's going on. ZELDA/KIRBY FTW. xD

steve + matt

host a smashfest please
I'd go to that
Actually next week i was thinking bout it. Since Matt will be around

This would be amazing, btw.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, yeah, someone get those Pittsburg Sonics to come. The goal of this event should be to have at least one Sonic in every pool. :laugh:

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
is there someone mom can call about finding a good place to park our 35 ft motor home?

Top Bottom