• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Arlington Presents: *Pound* 3 Feb 2nd/3rd Be there by 11!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
so how much does first take for regionals?
enough to motivate you to not get annhilated by jiano?

anyway, silent wolf ur modding may allow u to be immune to warns, but u arent immune to a punch in the face.

beware of hova, hes big

the price is set at $60, bring a tv and its $50, bring 2 its $40. i dont understand why its so bad, even at $60 thats just like c3 at $30-day. either way it doesnt matter, its up to you.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I'm confused, sw doesn't have the moderator tag, yet he's immune to warnings? I is confuzzled.

oh snap we had monetary incentives for bringing TVs? I was just bringing one from the goodness of my heart.

Bailey

Smash Hero
He is a moderator but he also has other things like being a Smash Backroomer and a Premium.

When you have all those you can change it and hide whatever or just put whatever

Eplox88

Smash Journeyman
hmmm I am gonna bring a TV Plank, I also may bring a cube just to have another full set up, was going to anyway but its nice to see we dont gotta pay as much lol.

edit @ below post - okay

g-regulate

Smash Hero
I didn't mean for a cell phone to be a smash pager, or anything like that, but I figured when you announce the bracket matches, you go ahead and call them also to make sure they play it.

It is obviously the person's own responsibility to listen for and subsequently play their matches, but there can be circumstances where conventional methods might fail (taking a poop, fighting off ninjas, inadvertently time traveling, cowering in fear of g-reg, etc.).
its ok sliq, i wasn't speaking to you in particular, you just brought up the subject and i thought i would elaborate on it for everyone. with all the ******** questions being asked, its the least i can do. i mean come on, what part of "$60 flat rate for everything" dont people understand? whether you play just teams or just singles, you will be entered so might as well find a teammate.

keep in mind, bring a COMPLETE setup to this tournament will reward you $10!!!! its too good an offer to pass up.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
housing needed, coming from near chicago. 1 person (me) definite, trying to get people to come (1-3 more possible).

also i will be bringing 1 setup (definite) and possibly another (if i have free space in my car)

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
cuz I'm not good at this game -__- but w/e
but I enjoyed played w/ pros.. especially Azen & PC ..they're so nice to me.
I'm a pro too.... :psycho:

Any one is welcome to stay at my place Sunday night if they don't feel like driving back to Florida or whatever.

chaddd

Smash Lord
WHEN FWOOTS ATTACK!
mango and i are challenging teams to money matches. preferably OOS (non-md/va) teams
we want money for ice cream and chipotle T_T LOL
min amount: $2/person ($4 total in case you can't add)
max amount: $5/person
any challengers? ^_~
How about me and a level 9 computer versus you guys? Fun fun fun.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
sounds good.
now i can punch you in the face AND take your money. good ish ^_^

chaddd

Smash Lord
Looks like me and Linguini are going to money match at this, because I heard he's been telling everyone I was afraid to money match him at VLS. This is after I ***** him in friendlies and I asked him if he still wanted to money match and he told me he'd let me know, only to never bring it up for the rest of the tournament. Also, if Lambchops can manage to keep hold of a bus ticket for 15 minutes then we'll have to 100$, too.

EDIT:

kiwii: I don't know about the teams, but my Bowser is going to pwnz your Fox.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
Looks like me and Linguini are going to money match at this, because I heard he's been telling everyone I was afraid to money match him at VLS. This is after I ***** him in friendlies and I asked him if he still wanted to money match and he told me he'd let me know, only to never bring it up for the rest of the tournament. Also, if Lambchops can manage to keep hold of a bus ticket for 15 minutes then we'll have to 100$, too.

EDIT:

why so much hate, he is our ganon brethren...

if he pussied out of a mm, then he pussied out. I'd like to mm both of you, but regardless of what happens I'm not gonna hate.

Can't wait to play a bunch OOS and pros.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Do you know what time the tournament will stat? And could have directions on getting to UMBC coming from Virginia on 395? I've had previous encounters with Mapquest giving directions for Baltimore that weren't very accurate.... turn Left onto Market st. Now turn right onto Market st. WTF!!! T.T

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Thanx. I dunno why it's so bad for Baltimore. It's pretty accurate for DC. That market street thing actually happened to me...

Pmac

Smash Cadet
Why was the date changed from mid-January to early February? Every college kid possible has school during February, but definitely not during January. Plus, the deeper into Winter we get, the worse the weather will be. I really think January 19th/20th is a great date to do the tournament, the biggest amount of smashers will make this the best tournament before Brawl.

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I

EDIT:

I cant wait to take your money im not gonna ***** out like you and linguini did. I think you both pussied out different stories form both of you. But when I go I wont hesitate to force you to mm me.

Skler

Smash Master
Could we get an idea of what events will be when so people can determine when they will be leaving? I can't be the only one who has classes Monday and may need to leave the tournament early, I'd like to know when I could book a flight without missing anything important.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Why was the date changed from mid-January to early February? Every college kid possible has school during February, but definitely not during January. Plus, the deeper into Winter we get, the worse the weather will be. I really think January 19th/20th is a great date to do the tournament, the biggest amount of smashers will make this the best tournament before Brawl.
The date was never set for the 19th/20th, it was just the date we wanted the most. The earliest weekend we could host the tournament turned out to be February2nd/3rd. The building is closed every weekend before that. End of discussion. Plenty of people will come anyway, and it's not just the number of smashers that make a tournament. This tournament will be better organized than Pound2 and have much nicer facilities.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
well no one has school on the weekends so who cares if school has started?!

also yay xelic!!! <33333333333333333333333333333333333333

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
dude, JUST MISS CLASS, jesus christ, it's not a big deal.

really, if you're not ditching ~10 classes per semester depending on how often you meet, you're failing at life anyway. no johns.

i really think people just want to be noticed and are like, "WOW LOOK AT ME I GO TO SCHOOL I HAVE A LIFE HEY NOTICE ME YET?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom