• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Arlington Presents: *Pound* 3 Feb 2nd/3rd Be there by 11!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
dude, JUST MISS CLASS, jesus christ, it's not a big deal.

really, if you're not ditching ~10 classes per semester depending on how often you meet, you're failing at life anyway. no johns.

i really think people just want to be noticed and are like, "WOW LOOK AT ME I GO TO SCHOOL I HAVE A LIFE HEY NOTICE ME YET?"
or maybe he just doesn't wanna miss a class because of melee, i mean i would but some people have higher priorities than smash. I doubt hes bragging that he goes to school lol, that's just silly.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I mean, I really want to come but there are some classes you just can't miss. Hopefully I don't have any exams in them by early February :(

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
lol i mean it's one day - nothing going to happen, just go talk to the teacher the next day or the next class and grab what you need.

Frozen

Smash Lord

really, if you're not ditching ~10 classes per semester depending on how often you meet, you're failing at life anyway. no johns.

i really think people just want to be noticed and are like, "WOW LOOK AT ME I GO TO SCHOOL I HAVE A LIFE HEY NOTICE ME YET?"
You have a fine life of scrubbing toilets ahead of you.

Edit: j/k <3

Banks

Smash Hero

rn't u basically saying "WOW LOOK AT ME I SKIP CLASS I'M COOL"

phish-it

Smash Champion
rn't u basically saying "WOW LOOK AT ME I SKIP CLASS I'M COOL"

NeighborhoodP said:
****, I'd better miss another 7-8 classes in the next 2 weeks before the cool kids start making fun of me.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
Im coming to this. signing up now. me and about 6 other guys are coming so we will probably need housing as well (not sure right now) im gonna tell them 2 save up their money so we can get like a cheap hotel or something... but Eggz your good man... I definetly wanna see PC Chris play... Do yall know if bombsoldier is coming to this, i didn't feel like reading all 28 pages, but man im gonna ENJOY LOSING AND WINNING... either way this is gonna be GREAT...

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Im coming to this. signing up now. me and about 6 other guys are coming so we will probably need housing as well (not sure right now) im gonna tell them 2 save up their money so we can get like a cheap hotel or something... but Eggz your good man... I definetly wanna see PC Chris play... Do yall know if bombsoldier is coming to this, i didn't feel like reading all 28 pages, but man im gonna ENJOY LOSING AND WINNING... either way this is gonna be GREAT...
i dont think bombsolider is, ive heard nothing of the sort lol.

i have a really good hotel deal worked out, its on the first page. i would suggest people do that for the most part, otherwise maybe you can get some help if people stop being lazy =D

aho43

Smash Lord
i think itd be more fun to do regular crews over regional crews, and that way people won't be left out. thats my 2 cents. we'd just mandate that your crew has to be contained to one region. we could use the same existing regions. so no supercrew like azen chillin m2k pc chu could be created. altho azen chillin chu is already pretty super.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yeah, regular crews would be awesome, The tunes would like to try their luck at that, however, North east pa and up and md/va/nc are separate regions for this tournament so... theres not gonna b a super crew, just 2 really good ones lol.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Florida's going to have quite a few reps at this. The technical state is comming to Pound.

I challenge Cactuar to a $2.00 money match, just because I like giving to charity. Lol

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
skipping class = standard = why would i see it as a brag.
some people(me) have classes they cant afford to skip. if your majors mad easy then yeah, skip. but dont assume everyone can just skip class

on topic: i liked the way crews were handled at vls. id also like to participate in crews and im sure others would too. thats not happening if you do regional crews

phish-it

Smash Champion
If regular crews were to occur, would there be enough time for a losers bracket? I mean, no one really enjoys single elimination tournies...

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
If regular crews were to occur, would there be enough time for a losers bracket? I mean, no one really enjoys single elimination tournies...
hence the reason i dont want to do regular crews. i need to be sure theres enough time for whatever other event happens. Regional crews can be done in a round robin form so it is much quicker and more accurate. But i mean, at the very last melee tournament why not prove whos the best once and for all, WC thinks theyre good since evo :/

aho43

Smash Lord
i say regular crews! there will be time. make it with the presumption that most crews will be 5 people, and everyone gets 3 stock. So all crews get 15 stock. Crews would be 4-6 people, 1-2 alts, players must be deactivated/activated prior to playing the other crew, done at the same time characters are written down, etc. Regional crews is just not inclusive enough imo.

or we could give Team Crews a try. i dunno, there is no point in doing Regionals anymore. -_-

but yea, time constraints. if you did what i had in mind for the last pound. where you have crew battles going on simultaneously with all over events, i think it would work. you set aside 4-6 tvs just for crews. at most only two people per crew have to be playing at a time. so 12 people at most are going to be removed from teams/singles play at any given moment.

with the nature of crews it can be stop and go, if everyone for a particular crew battle is in the middle of tourney matches, no biggie, just go whenever the next person on call is available. you could do something like, first and 2nd rounds are 12 stock to speed things up a little bit, and do the same thing in losers bracket, then push it to 15 stock. finals could be like 20 stock like its supposed to be. i think we can do it.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i say regular crews! there will be time. make it with the presumption that most crews will be 5 people, and everyone gets 3 stock. So all crews get 15 stock. Crews would be 4-6 people, 1-2 alts, players must be deactivated/activated prior to playing the other crew, done at the same time characters are written down, etc. Regional crews is just not inclusive enough imo.

or we could give Team Crews a try. i dunno, there is no point in doing Regionals anymore. -_-

but yea, time constraints. if you did what i had in mind for the last pound. where you have crew battles going on simultaneously with all over events, i think it would work. you set aside 4-6 tvs just for crews. at most only two people per crew have to be playing at a time. so 12 people at most are going to be removed from teams/singles play at any given moment.

with the nature of crews it can be stop and go, if everyone for a particular crew battle is in the middle of tourney matches, no biggie, just go whenever the next person on call is available. you could do something like, first and 2nd rounds are 12 stock to speed things up a little bit, and do the same thing in losers bracket, then push it to 15 stock. finals could be like 20 stock like its supposed to be. i think we can do it.
possibly, but whats the fun of crews if you cant even watch and cheer your crew on? loses all intensity. i would feel like a **** having to take people from watching their crew battle to play a singles or teams match.

either way, none of this **** matters til people register, since crews wont be able to form til ppl are registered anyway.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
i think regular crews would be fun. everyone can participate.

as someone from the south, i know south isnt going to win. so theres one pointless crew.
everyone knows EC is going to win anyways, so it isn't very epic ;) srsly

DoooooDah

Smash Rookie
I'll go, as long as I get to be the South Captain.

I mean seriously, I'm really gonna go this time, I took off work for that whole week.

And please don't make DoH the captain either.

Make me the captain, I'm the most qualified.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Florida's going to have quite a few reps at this. The technical state is comming to Pound.

I challenge Cactuar to a $2.00 money match, just because I like giving to charity. Lol
You mean WA? ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh trash talk sup sup

jk i love florida smashers

kiwiii

Smash Lord
Do they really think that, or are they saying that to be funny?
lmao i second this. wc can't honestly think they're the best region. it confuses me sometimes when they trash talk. it's pretty much the only reason there should even be regional crews: to shut everyone the **** up if they're not md/va and/or east coast

ta 4 lyfe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom