• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Arlington Presents: *Pound* 3 Feb 2nd/3rd Be there by 11!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hova

Smash Champion
i agree with Sliq

Plairnkk seriously asked everyone to keep down the spam, but everyone is posting a lot of non tourney related bull****

i dunno why sliq specifically went after Gimpy, but a lot of people are just putting up useless post. cracking jokes and asking what someone is doing this weekend. also a ton of mm post when jon asked on multiple occasion to take that **** elsewhere

i'm also gonna start making a list of people i'm smacking for spamming the **** out of my boy's thread

bailey
silent wolf
kiwi
laijin
EE
NeighborhoodP

edit- the list is final...... don't cry about it

Laijin

Smash Hero
Question:

Being that the tournament is in February, it could snow... badly. Is there any refund policy if we can't make it due to weather?
Quoted because a refund policy that does not mean you defiantly get to keep our $60 if we can't go is needed.

and wtf? How am I spamming? I'm barely even posting here compared to most people.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
if someone says something to me or about me, i'm more than likely going to respond. that's how i've always gone about posting on the boards, dont start crying about it now.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i agree with Sliq

Plairnkk seriously asked everyone to keep down the spam, but everyone is posting a lot of non tourney related bull****

i dunno why sliq specifically went after Gimpy, but a lot of people are just putting up useless post. cracking jokes and asking what someone is doing this weekend. also a ton of mm post when jon asked on multiple occasion to take that **** elsewhere

i'm also gonna start making a list of people i'm smacking for spamming the **** out of my boy's thread

bailey
silent wolf
kiwi
laijin
EE

edit- the list is final...... don't cry about it
every post between hovas post and this post was one of those people he listed. and none of them were important. SHUT THE **** UP

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
wow, that's pretty sad. It's also sad that I'm not one of the spammers. I'm reformed now.

not sure if bailey or SW have met hova, but I personally would not enjoy being smacked by him. Just a heads up.

Everyone who enjoys spamming, go hang out in the fuxing shoutbox on the *pound*3 website. If anyone really wants a MM thread, just go make it. It doesn't have to be official or anything, it's not like plank's in charge of MMs, Eggz why don't you make it since you have so many.

If anyone really wants a MM thread, just go make it. It doesn't have to be official or anything, it's not like plank's in charge of MMs, Eggz why don't you make it since you have so many.
didnt he make one? lol

DrewB008

Smash Lord
i cant believe that even after plank pointed out that the spammers on hovas list were still spamming, silent wolf still posted something stupid

plank i dont think people are gonna know if theyre interested in the hotels or not until they know if housing is available, people usually go for housing first then hotels because none is available, at least in my experience

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i cant believe that even after plank pointed out that the spammers on hovas list were still spamming, silent wolf still posted something stupid
how is that posting something stupid if he was simply informing others there was already a money match thread? wouldn't that one post he made stop more of the spam?

well, either way, w/e lol.

so for those who don't know

POUND 3 MONEY MATCH THREAD

Keep your MM's in that thread.

Eggz

Smash Hero

plank i dont think people are gonna know if theyre interested in the hotels or not until they know if housing is available, people usually go for housing first then hotels because none is available, at least in my experience
i cant believe that even after plank posted, someone more ******** than the people spamming tried to suck up and ended up looking like a ******.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Can't believe I forgot to post this, I'm bringing a setup, and Rebel581 may as well, but don't put him down yet.

edit:Eggz, would that be referring to me? I'm sorry that I don't spend every waking moment keeping up with what's going on, and I'm really too lazy to read back. As a former spammer, it's easy for me to appreciate Plank's vexation. I'm not trying to suck up to plank. I don't give a **** what plank thinks of me. I don't plan on giving him a reason to hate me, but other than that, w/e. Jebus christ.

Oh and the thread for the last tourney I hosted was a haven for spam. It was very ugly, and for the next one I'll be making sure it doesn't look like that.

and if you weren't referring to me, and rather drew, now I ACTUALLY feel ********. How ironic.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Can't believe I forgot to post this, I'm bringing a setup, and Rebel581 may as well, but don't put him down yet.

edit:Eggz, would that be referring to me? I'm sorry that I don't spend every waking moment keeping up with what's going on, and I'm really too lazy to read back. As a former spammer, it's easy for me to appreciate Plank's vexation. I'm not trying to suck up to plank. I don't give a **** what plank thinks of me. I don't plan on giving him a reason to hate me, but other than that, w/e. Jebus christ.

Oh and the thread for the last tourney I hosted was a haven for spam. It was very ugly, and for the next one I'll be making sure it doesn't look like that.

and if you weren't referring to me, and rather drew, now I ACTUALLY feel ********. How ironic.
>_> was referring to drew. LOL ****.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't make me have to start handing out infractions. >.<

It's a shame I can't give any to silent wolf or gimpyfish.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Several Texas smashers are looking into coming to this. I don't know how many yet...but at least some of us will be there.

Also, this is the only post I have posted or probably will post for a long time in this thread...I see lots of spam >_>.

But yeah, Expect texas to come.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Several Texas smashers are looking into coming to this. I don't know how many yet...but at least some of us will be there.

Also, this is the only post I have posted or probably will post for a long time in this thread...I see lots of spam >_>.

But yeah, Expect texas to come.
sounds awesome, should be fun to play you guys again =)

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Um. ChRed you smell. Also why are you being rEEtarded in shout out box? It isn't funny
That actually was not me. Unless you're implying it was EE.

Who else remembers Dlim? Wait GODDAMMIT MY SPAMMING IS RETURNING. I'm gonna stop posting now, i've said everything i can think of that's acutally related to the tourney.

other than EAST COAST WILL RAPPPPPEEE.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Let's stop lowering the collective IQ of the universe everytime a post is made on this thread please

Sliq

Smash Master
Let's stop lowering the collective IQ of the universe everytime a post is made on this thread please
I agree with this.

Also, Plank, do you plan on using cell phones as a means of tracking people and alerting them to matches. I keep asking, but you keep ignoring me.

Personally, I think being able to call someone and tell them their match is up would be greatly beneficial, especially with a tournament of this magnitude.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Question:

Being that the tournament is in February, it could snow... badly. Is there any refund policy if we can't make it due to weather?
i would have to lean towards no, BUT if there is a HUGE weather problem that deters seriously a LOT of people i could see what I could do. At the very worst writing checks to some people after the event or something.

edit: sliq if people want to leave their cell phone # in the additional info box when they register, ill be sure to make a list of them.

its completely up to the person though

g-regulate

Smash Hero
phone calls will be utilized, but only to keep things moving. its not a smash-pager that lets you know when to play your matches. also, it will probably only be used for big names in big matches (Chu/m2k/g-reg/etc.), so in other words, we will not hesitate to DQ Fox123 and DBZmarthlover01 in early pool matches, phone call or not. 1 phone call will be made if you are late. only 1. no johns if you are DQed after the phone call. TA has ways of dealing with whiners and complainers, and his name is Hova.

also, im going to try to take a bigger role in running this tournament to help the load off plank. any questions regarding pools, seeding, tournament rules, stages, setups, anything tournament related can be directed at me.

i usually check the boards once a day

Sliq

Smash Master
phone calls will be utilized, but only to keep things moving. its not a smash-pager that lets you know when to play your matches. also, it will probably only be used for big names in big matches (Chu/m2k/g-reg/etc.), so in other words, we will not hesitate to DQ Fox123 and DBZmarthlover01 in early pool matches, phone call or not. 1 phone call will be made if you are late. only 1. no johns if you are DQed after the phone call. TA has ways of dealing with whiners and complainers, and his name is Hova.
I didn't mean for a cell phone to be a smash pager, or anything like that, but I figured when you announce the bracket matches, you go ahead and call them also to make sure they play it.

It is obviously the person's own responsibility to listen for and subsequently play their matches, but there can be circumstances where conventional methods might fail (taking a poop, fighting off ninjas, inadvertently time traveling, cowering in fear of g-reg, etc.).

Sliq

Smash Master
Cell phone #'s? lulz

raftbuilder should just get a megaphone. I like g-regs idea though. Only big name smashers like me get phone calls =D
I played you in crew finals, and when I asked you to sign my hat you didn't even know who I was. =(

Also, wtf, you signed it, "To My Biggest Fan; Chu Dat." What an arrogant butt.

I just realized I inadvertently posted in this thread (i.e. I was posting like an idiot and didn't realize what thread it was until it was too late).

To productivity:

Any reason in particular why wobbling is banned outside the fact that it is kind of gay?

OTRU...

Smash Champion
So far it seems like 23 people from FL are planning on attending this, FL is gonna rep its name hardcore at this... and we still have more people that just might decide to go

For the first time everyone from FL will be at a big OOS tourney, hype hype!

Raistlin

Smash Lord
So far it seems like 23 people from FL are planning on attending this, FL is gonna rep its name hardcore at this... and we still have more people that just might decide to go

Truuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Florida could have its own crew, lol.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace

us north florida boys are looking into going to this also. just to add some more florida hype

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Cell phone #'s? lulz

raftbuilder should just get a megaphone. I like g-regs idea though. Only big name smashers like me get phone calls =D
We will have one or two cordless mics with speakers all around the room. There is no need for a megaphone.

We will have a projector which will display onto a ~15x15 ft screen. Our plan is to have it display pool info and on Sunday the Super Bowl.

There are some other details which haven't been finalized yet. For instance, we're thinking of designating all the setups in the main ballroom as tournament only, then having the other two rooms + lounge area for friendlies.

All of these extra details should be sorted out before Christmas. These are all just extras though, but hopefully we'll be able to get all of them.

edit: Korn, you should PM Plairnkk about pricing rather than posting your complaints here. However, I doubt there will be any change since you're asking him to change it after the system has been made and people have already registered.

If you can offer housing, post here. If you want housing, PM those who offer it. Post if you seriously plan to come or if you can bring a setup. Questions about the tournament should go in PMs toward Plairnkk. If your post isn't about one of the above, then perhaps you should question whether it's worth posting.

Eggz

Smash Hero
The lounge area should have a TV with movies n stuff, so when I get tired of smash and get sad I can go sleep on it and have people yelling at me to move my fat *** off the couch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom