• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Arlington Presents: *Pound* 3 Feb 2nd/3rd Be there by 11!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Since when have classes at Maryland been offered on Saturday mornings?
since they're orchestra rehersals that are 1 credit classes. Which makes it harder to miss, cuz you can get kicked out.

dude you go UMD? You should play with voodoo,aero and the rest of us.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Chinesahh 20$
D20 5$ mario vs YL
G-reg 5$ mario vs falcon
ErciChewman 1$ green greens marth ditto
ErciChewman 1$ my mario
ErciChewman 1$ my marth
ErciChewman 1$ my bowser
ErciChewman 1$ my fox
Kiwi 1$ green greens onry marth vs sheik
Kiwi 1$ my mario
Kiwi 1$ my marth
Kiwi 1$ my bowser
Kiwi 1$ my fox
Lajin 5$ fox vs YL or Mario vs YL
Boss8 - 10$ mario ditto
Eggm - 10$ + right to the egg prefix
Kiwi + Mango vs Eggz + Cactuar 5$ each
Milktea 5$ peach ditto
Eplox88 10$ 2 stock handicap match
Doyoung 5$ falco vs fox 5$ fox ditto
Venom NY 1$
phish-it 5$ DK vs mario
ChRed2AKrisp 5$ vs mario
Bailey 5$ Mario vs Marth 5$ Mario vs Jiggz
Aw yeah.

1, 5, or 10$ MM's anyone?

Laijin

Smash Hero
I will now openly Challenge ALL DK PLAYERS to a mm.
I'm confident I won't lose a single one.

The rules are you must use DK throughout the entire set.
Best 2/3 or 3/5
However much money you wanna put up.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
lets wait until a few weeks before the tourney til we make mm lists. theres more important stuff than that right now -_-
quoted because ill just assume people missed it (eggz) and arent intentionally ignoring my request. if you want to make a thread in atlantic north for MMS and **** go for it, but its too early for that on here. cut it out

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
hey chred you going to the charity smash event this sat at UMD?
probably not, i have a term paper due the friday after, a group paper due sat at midnight, and a 20 minute presentation with the same group to prepare for monday.

sorry plank. to make up for it, $5 MM? lolz, jk we'll stop. at least I will.

HAT

Smash Ace
--for those being housed by the one and only--

hugs proposed an interesting idea. to make the best of your trip, why don't you try to play most of the good players in the area before the tournament? after all, how many of these money matches are actually going to be carried out? how many friendlies can you actually partake in with the people you really want to play?

i think it's a good idea for some (WC and CA) to come earlier than friday and pay a bit of a venue fee to me. the money would go to my parents, and it would be so they could stay in a hotel room for the night, and we'll have a smash 'til dawn ordeal with as many MD/VA smashers that can make it. wed/thurs night, or something

this is just a proposal- nothing's finalized. just tell me what you think. the more people that want to do it, the more likely it'll happen. if 15-20 people want to do it, the cost per person would be like 5 bucks to get them outta here.

I think it's a cool idea. But maybe I'm just an idiot.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Hat, I'm down for that.

And seriously, if Hat has (well he doesn't HAS to but he seems open to it, and it seems people are taking advantage of his willingness to do that so they can be lazy and not have to house anyone) to house a lot of OOSers, I have no problem pitching in some money to make it easier on him.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
so i contacted tons of hotels within the area of BWI/UMBC, and the cheapest i could get was the Red Roof Inn which is actually affiliated with BWI so it's real close. their rate was $75.03 per night (tax included) for 2 full size beds, 1-4 people in the room are allowed. (you can sneak more obviously, just cant bring 4 at once). This way people who fly in could get to BWI, get transported to the hotel, and then to the venue without having to rely on any outside sources at all.

let me know if anyone would be interested in this so i can go about further steps with the hotel, but if not, thats fine too.

dotpwn

Smash Journeyman
Hey, can anyone around the area house me and my freinds who are gonna drive up from greensboro NC. There would be 4 or 5 of us. We cant afford a hotel since...we are full time students ^^;. We need to know if this is possible before we buy the tickets though so send me a pm or just reply here i guess if you could house us.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
"Less than 5 minutes from UMBC. Individuals can make their own reservations. This rate includes 1 complimentary room for every 15 rooms booked or free meeting and banquet space. Free Deluxe Continental Breakfast, Free Wireless Internet,Free Parking, Rooms with microwave and fridge, Fitness Center, and an Olympic Size Pool. Off I95 exit 50A. There is a restaurant/lounge on the property serving lunch and dinner. We have a newly renovated meeting space aprox. 1500 sq feet. Discounts on Oriole Tickets for groups. We are located 2.5 miles from the Downtown/Inner Harbor/Baltimore Convention Center and 7.5 miles from BWI Airport." Quality Inn baltimore, $68 per night. thats the newest best offer i have, but still working

Watty

Smash Lord
kiwii i love you 2 but i wanna shot at this free chipotle deal u got going on

ChuDat

Smash Master
and on february 1st it will be upped to $70. this is to ensure that the workload on the tournament hosts is spread out and everything wont have to be done at once.

all extra money will go back into the pot and will be used to pay out more places. so if you want to save money, register earlier.

thats all =)

REGISTRATION WILL END JANUARY 26TH AT MIDNIGHT

huh? no yayuhhzz

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
wow, chu just made a good point. i find it hard to believe, but he did. i forgot the tourney was so early in feb. im gonna fix those dates on the first post a bit to mid december/mid january for the upps.

Frozen

Smash Lord
"Less than 5 minutes from UMBC. Individuals can make their own reservations. This rate includes 1 complimentary room for every 15 rooms booked or free meeting and banquet space. Free Deluxe Continental Breakfast, Free Wireless Internet,Free Parking, Rooms with microwave and fridge, Fitness Center, and an Olympic Size Pool. Off I95 exit 50A. There is a restaurant/lounge on the property serving lunch and dinner. We have a newly renovated meeting space aprox. 1500 sq feet. Discounts on Oriole Tickets for groups. We are located 2.5 miles from the Downtown/Inner Harbor/Baltimore Convention Center and 7.5 miles from BWI Airport." Quality Inn baltimore, $68 per night. thats the newest best offer i have, but still working
I challenge anyone who will take it to a who can stay in the pool the longest money match.

5 dollars, any takers?

Fonz

Smash Ace
It is a trap. He's going to defecate in the pool near you. If you still remain in the pool after that, 5 dollars won't help with your problems.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
mid december is pretty early, people do have plane tickets to buy as well and those are much more time sensitive than registration.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Can you post crew rules? WC is developing their roster and discussing strats, but we need rules to finalize sheezy.
10 players per region
40 stock
stadium, fd, dreamland=randoms
yoshis/battlefield/FOD=counterpicks
if you pick a specific level, the opponent has the opportunity to switch chars. otherwise each crew will have everyone write down predetermined characters and who goes first.
The first stage is random or agreed on.

all crews will play each other in a round robin. best record of wins and losses win. If two crews die, aka go 4-1 or something, whoever won the head to head wins. If somehow the head to heads off set in a 3 way tie, winner will be determined by # of stock.

need anything else?

Binx

Smash Master
I really want to make it to this, I am coming from Oregon so that is like $300 fp, I am pretty sure I will be coming but I am going to want to stay there for a while to make it worth it, my plan is to leave on the first after work and get down there at like midnight or so and then obviously stay sat and sun for the tournament then take a week off work and hang out with some smashers down there for 7 days and then see if I can make another tournament on the 9th before flying back home.

So my question is this, is there someone who could house me for 9 days or a group of people who could pass me around for 9 days? Thanks to everyone who can help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom