• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Arlington Presents: *Pound* 3 Feb 2nd/3rd Be there by 11!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
stadium fd dreamland are the random stages UGH its like the horrendous OC stage ruleset all over again

is there a japanese player coming that we use those rules for or what, who decided that those are the more balanced stages

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I really want to make it to this, I am coming from Oregon so that is like $300 fp, I am pretty sure I will be coming but I am going to want to stay there for a while to make it worth it, my plan is to leave on the first after work and get down there at like midnight or so and then obviously stay sat and sun for the tournament then take a week off work and hang out with some smashers down there for 7 days and then see if I can make another tournament on the 9th before flying back home.

So my question is this, is there someone who could house me for 9 days or a group of people who could pass me around for 9 days? Thanks to everyone who can help me out.
a lot of smashers are coming in 2-3 days before the tournament, maybe the 28th or 29th then staying for the tournament. this would probably be your bestbet, i dont know if anyone would be willing to house you after the tournament as most people are going to need to get back to their normal lives, lol. if you can find someone thats cool, im just saying this is probably your best bet :p

edit: @gimpy we might just use all stages for random - the main point i was trying to make there is that we're not using any gay mute city jungle jape rainbow cruise BS cuz we're md/va and thats not how we roll. LOL

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i need to know if theres any interest on that hotel for $68 a night, once i know i can call the place and tell them to start reserving the rooms. A certain number of rooms have to be rented to get the discount rate, though, so if only like 3 rooms are rented at the price, id have to pay for the other rooms. so let me know if/when ppl may be interested in that. thats 136 bucks for 2 nights, if u have 5 ppl thats like 27 or 28 dollars per person for 2 nights of housing. not so bad. lemme know

D20

Smash Lord
Question:

Being that the tournament is in February, it could snow... badly. Is there any refund policy if we can't make it due to weather?

kiwiii

Smash Lord
HOTEL PARRTYYYYYY !! :D .. ?

eggz why am i in your mm list like 10x
i don't remember agreeing to them u ***** LOL
i dont feel like accepting anymore mms, i could be losing $20 ;_; and i'm poor

and the teams MM is for money, not for food. mango and i are just gonna blow all our earnings on ice cream and burritos. yayyyyyyyyuhz

ehh i should register soon.
btw i'm moving out of my place to a much cheaper apartment around the end of jan/beginning of feb (hopefully doesn't conflict with pound..x___x) sooo I TAKE BACK ANYTHING I SAID ABOUT HOUSING K SRY >_>

Watty

Smash Lord
how many WC are gonna be coming. 10 ppl is alot.

plank I dunno whats going on with cok but we may be up for a hotel not sir yet

edit: are tehre bands when you go random in crew battles?

kiwiii

Smash Lord
no gimpy..>_>....

tink are you talking to me? we already have 7 MMs. LOL
i'll replace our fox vs sheik MM for your DK >_>

kiwiii

Smash Lord
dang i hear pre-johns from gimpyfish. east coast embarrassed you guys at oc3, and we were still missing some of our best players. not that we even needed them. LOL ***** talks.*
>_> <3 hugs, gimpy, etc.

Sliq

Smash Master
i'm gonna try to come

YEAYUHZ!!!!
crewww batttleeezzzzz.....?!
kiwi mm me
Good job not spamming the topic. AND you're a mod. Seriously, I wish I could abuse my power.

I also do get the irony of complaining about spam, thus in turn spamming, but I'm an idiot. Gimpyfish is a mod, and is to be held to a higher standard.

Also, in case you didn't read it before, Plank, are you going to collect phone numbers from people so you can call them when their match is up?

I also realize how ironic calling my own post spam and then providing a legitimate suggestion that could very well expedite matches and lead to a better tournament experience is.

how is "i'm trying to come" and "kiwi mm me" spam.

the crew battles one was just so plank wouldn't ignore what eggz said

wtf are you talking about

sorry you are so bitter that i actually will mark your 900 random garbage pictures you post in every topic you've ever been to
1.) You assume that people care that you are or are not coming to this tournament, or that your presence or lack thereof will impact the tournament significantly, which it will not.

2.) Plank stated he wants MM requests and the such to NOT BE POSTED IN THIS THREAD. He wants us to the other one for random crap, to free up space in THIS thread for important announcements.

3.)

Wow Sliq why all the hate towards gimpy ill sure you've asked for a mm or said u were coming b4.
You mean in the tournament threads where the director didn't say DON'T POST THIS BS IN MY THREAD? Why don't you just mind your own beezwax and quit being such a nosey nelly.

I'm pretty sure every smasher there is loves gimpy. Hes a really fun, charismatic guy who plays an awesome character, as opposed to a weird looking forum troll who plays jigglypuff.
I'd rather be weird looking then fat.

i agree with Sliq

Plairnkk seriously asked everyone to keep down the spam, but everyone is posting a lot of non tourney related bull****

i dunno why sliq specifically went after Gimpy...
Me and Gimpy have an internet rivalry where I post and he gives me points for it.

Then we laugh and laugh and share milk and cookies and watch funny cartoons.

HAHAHAHA I got modded for Silent Wolf, someone who has posted about 4 times as much as me in this forum, for spam. What a jerk.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer

sorry you are so bitter that i actually will mark your 900 random garbage pictures you post in every topic you've ever been to

oh wait what am i doing

i'm a mod i dont have to justify anything i'll just ban soembody hahahahahahaha

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer

oh wait what am i doing

i'm a mod i dont have to justify anything i'll just ban soembody hahahahahahaha

Yeah that doesn't sound bad at all.

=/

I may come.

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
1.) You assume that people care that you are or are not coming to this tournament, or that your presence or lack thereof will impact the tournament significantly, which it will not.
Well, gimpy does have a fan club. Boozer <3!
WA + FL = <3

As of this point in time, I should be going with the rest of See You Later. So...
Raistlin, Dark Sonic, Bladeofapollo, Proteus, Harriettheguy, and now cultofrubik.

Like Raistlin mentioned earlier, we are driving up, with a slight change in plans. We will start driving up Thursday afternoon, and because we're leaving from Orlando, FL, we should arrive early morning Friday. [It's roughly a 14 hour drive] So the housing need is now 6 (it may go up to 7, however, as the future rolls out). We'll be sure to keep you posted if anything changes.

[Anyone feel like hosting some Sunshine residents?]

~cult

Eggz

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure every smasher there is loves gimpy. Hes a really fun, charismatic guy who plays an awesome character, as opposed to a weird looking forum troll who plays jigglypuff.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
how about we just wait until the tournament, and then you can simply ask them for a money match? i think people just wanna post for the sake of posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom