• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
remind me in person then zoro, if you dont make it out of pools, that u paid online for amateur bracket already

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
just dthrow techchase.

its good, but hard to do and if you are a bit too slow and get hit by a shine u get punished very, very hard

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Dr. PeePee has widely been recognized as the best Falco recently, even before he won ROM 3. I'd been consiudering him the best for at least half a year now. Some other people have, too. Plus, he did take Armada too the last game. And, for experience, he's a mod on smashboards, so he must know alot of things from lurking, and he just won ROM 3, and I'm pretty sure he's won more tournies than that and been to alot more nationally. He was DEF at Apex where he outplaced Jman and almost beat Armada, and I'm pretty sure he was at Pound 4. He definitely has done enough, experienced enough, knows enough, and, seeing ROM 3, is good enough to win Pound 5. I don't honestly think Zhu, Dashizwiz, mango's falco, or any other comes close to his now.

On a side note: How on earth do you get "legendary" ath the Falco Shiek MU? When your shiek, i'm pretty sure it sucks. D-throw comboes dont work well, right? With a bad MU, Dr.PeePee might win that match. Also, the only people that I think can beat him are maybe Hungrybox and Mango, and only cause I think that MU is not 50:50 for jiggly. I think it's one of falco's worse.
Lol trust me Mango's falco is just as good if not better than PP's falco.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
I didn't even know you could do that... I just always ftilt out of dthrow, and try to follow with fair. Which doesn't work on Falco.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
To help, imagine he's going to tech in place everytime. If he techs in place you're ready for it so it's easier to react to. If he techs left or right you have enough time to react to it and catch him with a dash attack canceled grab.

I'm not sure, but is jab ->grab a frame trap when Sheilk dthrows falco? So if he doesn't tech you jab reset him and if he does tech, your jab cancels fast enough where you can grab him before his animation is over?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I'm not sure, but is jab ->grab a frame trap when Sheilk dthrows falco? So if he doesn't tech you jab reset him and if he does tech, your jab cancels fast enough where you can grab him before his animation is over?
no. that would be silly and broken and sheiks would never mess it up cuz its so easy.

the fact that sheiks mess up the tech chase and don't always do this makes me think it doesnt work.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
But Falco's pillar comboes **** Shiek, so it's evenish, right?

God, I need to lurk the melee boards more.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
My boy pikapika could use a really good teammate for brawl doubles if anyone is interested.

Plays pikachu very well (i.e. SUPER homo) and Seconds mk for doubles as well.

teams best with heavys like snake, other mks, and people that do a ton of damage while he stock tanks like a champion.
I'll team with Pikapika if he's interested. o:

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
So, who else do you guys think is gonna take this home? I'm still with Dr. PeePee.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
1. Dr.PeePee
2. Hungrybox
3. Amsah
4. Armada
5. M2K

If mango comes, and tries and goes puff the whole way, put him at number two and bump everyone down one, cept for PP.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
no. that would be silly and broken and sheiks would never mess it up cuz its so easy.

the fact that sheiks mess up the tech chase and don't always do this makes me think it doesnt work.
people subconsciously mess it up to avoid pure homo. I don't think its possible to even have fun like that.

brawl players could probably do it tho. pass the control homie.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
PeePee's gonna win. Then, it won't be meatriding, it'll be fortune-telling.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
You people need to stop responding to Mr-0. He always posts constantly and usually nonsensical. Stop feeding him with more reasons to post...

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I just realized this but MaNg0's name is on the registration list. Plank works miracles. I guess that mean lucky wasn't able to go. Wonder who mango's gonna team with...m2k maybe.

lol...imagine like 50 more people going to this who aren't even on this list. The wonders of registering in person.
M2K said he would team up with Cactuar in the Armada GPF thread.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Important notice

So with the internet not being a viable option, I've come up with a solution for a livestream!

I will be running a livestream for brawl via my 3G phone as a tether. I can get about 0.45MB upload speed which is enough to get a fluent stream running. I've tested it today with multiple people and everyone has told me things look good. The quality won't be the sharpest, but hey, it's better than nothing. The sound will also work at full quality as well, so we will still be able to have people commentate. We won't be able to see the chat though, due to the bandwidth limits. If anyone has a 4G EVO phone that they'd be willing to let me borrow for the weekend, I can install an app on your phone that will work with my computer to tether and stream it online, which will allow us to see the chat and raise the quality. Otherwise, I'll just work with my phone.

Please do not call me during the stream! It will knock the stream out.

Regarding Pools

With at the door registration an option, we will be using a smaller format. Currently, we have 140ish entrants in the bracket. We are going to use the same pool format we used last year, which is based off 192 entrants, which is 2 rounds of top 3 advancing. The first round at this point may have some pools with as few as 4 people, meaning 75% could advance. With at the door registration, though, I don't see this happening very much. I will have all the singles pools done and posted on Tuesday. They will be uploaded via AiB.

HIGH SEEDS REGISTERING AT THE DOOR- if you think you'll be a higher seed and you're planning on registering at the door, please PM me in advance so I don't seed you as a random. Thanks much

I can't wait to see you all there. We'll be running a tight ship, so please don't be late as always and most of all, have fun~!

Edit: Melee folks- if you'd like some help putting a stream together, just PM me. I can't use my equipment, but I can tell you what you'll need and how to set it up. If there is a will there is a way!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Tant, let me ask my friend if he can bring his 4G router, that might work better than streaming things at 3G

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
1. Hungrybox
2. ARmada
3. Dr Peepee
4. Amsah
Interesting, but in this setup Amsah has to lose to either Armada or Dr Peepee.
Amsah won vs Armada last time and is extremely confident in the matchup in NTSC. Furthermore, considering Amsah's proficiency in the Falco matchup and Dr Peepee's lack thereof in the Sheik matchup, it's premature to say Dr Peepee will win that match.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
^ Azen got this.

Edit: Melee folks- if you'd like some help putting a stream together, just PM me. I can't use my equipment, but I can tell you what you'll need and how to set it up. If there is a will there is a way!
He's just saying that, he doesn't care about Melee, welp, see what all dat bashing gets u queers.
Tant, let me ask my friend if he can bring his 4G router, that might work better than streaming things at 3G
Do it. Brawl going in.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
PP thinks that shiek is falcos worst matchup FYI. so him vs amsah will be... interesting

and mangos not trying here lmao

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Amsah and Kirbykaze should team for doubles.

KK doesn't have a teammate since vwins dropped out last checked. Amsah where you at?

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Mmm...I think Europe finally pulls off a victory at this one

1. Armada
2. Hbox
3. PPMD
4. M2K
5. Amsah
6-10 (in no order): Over Triforce (!!), KirbyKaze, Mango (going Falcon & Marth), Zhu, Hax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom