• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
to the thing about the stream: we all would be highly disappointed if theres none. i cant even understand how this becomes a problem two weeks before the actual tournament when it was announced 7 months in advance. i guess this must be the result of bad planning, sorry but theres no other way.

it shouldnt be too hard though to convince some people to bring their portable (fast) internet. just reward them with a lowered entry fee or some **** like if they would bring tvs.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
to the thing about the stream: we all would be highly disappointed if theres none. i cant even understand how this becomes a problem two weeks before the actual tournament when it was announced 7 months in advance. i guess this must be the result of bad planning, sorry but theres no other way.

it shouldnt be too hard though to convince some people to bring their portable (fast) internet. just reward them with a lowered entry fee or some **** like if they would bring tvs.
Do it then. o.O if it looks that easy.

alright, pay my tickets and all the other upcoming costs and i bring a good internet connection.
I don't like how you'll sit back and talk **** about the situation at hand when you aren't willing to help realistically, or even attend the tournament. Have you dropped any cash for this tournament? No? Then shut up. Maybe YOU should have saved up for the aforementioned 7 months and planned on coming here instead of getting mad at Plank and them for not spending money to provide you a free service for no pay.

Free **** you don't need or deserve, mind you.

And as for portable internet, yes, this has/is being discussed right now as a plausible solution.

Plank. You could probably afford this.

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/mobile-broadband/ovation-mc760.html

It's a mobile broadband router. $80 for the device. $40 for 1 month Unlimited usage. So that's around 120 for each game as apposed to $700 for a stream. No contracts. Do it
Good thing you read the thread since yesterday, right?

Oh wait.

Lobos

Smash Master
If I have known earlier we could have teamed chibo......I teamed with nacker at pound 4 and did pretty good...despite nackers rust against double mk >_>

We also had to play lee/atomsk 1st round.....but we did come close to beating them lol

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
IF anyone wants to MM me

in either game

PM me

I'm not touching melee till after brawl is over though, just keep that in mind.

Brawl: MK/DDD
Melee: Sheik

LETS GO!

Ps. I'm better than you if you're reading this

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR

I'll explain it to you even though you're trying and failing to be sherlock Holmes by assuming what happened with little to no evidence to back up what you're saying.

First of all, when planning a non-sponsored tournament you have to get the venue before you know how many people are coming. Since the amount of people = how much money you're receiving you don't even have a budget until a couple weeks before the tournament. Because of this you have to predict how many people are coming and get a venue based off of your prediction. Also, you have to make a list of priorities just in case your budget isn't as high as you would like it to be. Obviously, venue internet is on the bottom since a live stream is not necessary to getting the tournament finished on time which is the number one priority. I feel after the hype of pound 4 Plank assumed that pound 5 would be even more hype so he got a bigger and better venue. I feel he had the right to assume this since so many people were happy about how awesome Pound 4 was.

Secondly, a live stream is a privilege not a right. You should be thankful if there even is one, and if not, just be prepared for the awesome videos that will be coming from the event. Everyone is working their hardest to get this resolved and your negativity doesn't help. The audacity to say that Plank planned something badly without ANY evidence to back it up just angers me.

Plank, I hope you don't mind me posting this

I'll explain it to you even though you're trying and failing to be sherlock Holmes by assuming what happened with little to no evidence to back up what you're saying.

First of all, when planning a non-sponsored tournament you have to get the venue before you know how many people are coming. Since the amount of people = how much money you're receiving you don't even have a budget until a couple weeks before the tournament. Because of this you have to predict how many people are coming and get a venue based off of your prediction. Also, you have to make a list of priorities just in case your budget isn't as high as you would like it to be. Obviously, venue internet is on the bottom since a live stream is not necessary to getting the tournament finished on time which is the number one priority. I feel after the hype of pound 4 Plank assumed that pound 5 would be even more hype so he got a bigger and better venue. I feel he had the right to assume this since so many people were happy about how awesome Pound 4 was.

Secondly, a live stream is a privilege not a right. You should be thankful if there even is one, and if not, just be prepared for the awesome videos that will be coming from the event. Everyone is working their hardest to get this resolved and your negativity doesn't help. The audacity to say that Plank planned something badly without ANY evidence to back it up just angers me.

Plank, I hope you don't mind me posting this
Exactly, I'm sick of these stream monsters whining about stuff like they're entitled to it, when they should be counting their blessings that they're even getting a stream.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
$MM in Melee?
you are a massive brawl hater and you have a maroon colored name. this indicates to me that you are a brawl hack player, that gives me 2 reasons out the gate to not only not like you but to assume you are bad at smash as well. That being said,

10 dollar melee match. PLEASE accept.

$MM in Ballz 3D (SNES version)?
never heard of it, Im pretty sure somebody in my region has, and is amazing at it, I doubt that person is coming with me to this tho.
pass
so even without a livestream can we get some vids with commentary up?
I like this.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
ps3 son. I main litchi, and my friend mains tager.

my impression of seagull after pound:

'wtf, is an upstate new york and why did they take all my money?'
Litchi you say? K I'll accept. 5 Dollars. *360 controller johns* shall be said now. :awesome: inb43dragonscomboandcornercombo's.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
who honestly gives two sh*ts about livestream and commentary? all the commentary sounds like arse anyway, its just stupid inside jokes and slang from the commentators and i never have a clue wtf they are talking about

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Can't a 4G network be able to handle streaming? I thought 4G was awesome from what all I've heard.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Lol that legendary Famous commentary. so hot.

also commentary or not I'd still rather have like a mic next to the TV and not just getting the TV sound so you can hear the hype during matches.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
good post gimr, basically took the words off of my fingertips!

poundslap i would suggest not trying to act like you know anything when you obviously do not or make assumptions based on...well...nothing! livestream is NOT a priority for a tournament, be lucky you EVER get to have one. My focus is catering to the people who are supporting this community, not the people who aren't.

Stop thinking that you are just sooo entitled

anyway

names and such fixed, if i didnt catch ur problem ill review the thread when im home from work today!

we are looking into some of the 4g stuff

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
KID, MM my Marth?

I cant even remember who I have MMs with at this point. I know I had one with Stingers but he isnt coming anymore.

Still got a $15 MM with Chillin, lmao.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
KID, MM my Marth?

I cant even remember who I have MMs with at this point. I know I had one with Stingers but he isnt coming anymore.

Still got a $15 MM with Chillin, lmao.

I DEFINITELY gotta get you back for beating me on aib yesterday.

Melee or brawl? and name a price

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i mean, watching epic matches between two players is cool and all..... but is that REALLY the inspiration for going and watching really big tournaments? its all about PLAYING with people and meeting people..... id personally rather be PLAYING all weekend then just "watching good people" and listening to two @ssholes say "so hype" and "U MAD" and "happy feet" for the entirety of, what are otherwise, good matches.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
How about we do what we use to do back in the days. Record the matches wait for like 3 weeks for whomever has them on their comp to upload them on youtube, just to torture everyone a bit more.

I like G-reg's idea of playing the people instead of just watching them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom