• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Well this is the last Pound V, so I'm guessing the mindset was that if melee at Pound IV had nearly 350 people and each Pound had more entrants than the last, then Melee alone would be epically big considering this is the last Pound. Not to mention brawl had like 200 people last time
Well I think it's silly to believe that Pound V could surpass Pound IV in entrants. Pound 4 was the largest tournament ever because for the first time pretty much all of Europe's best players came to America. Nothing is going to match that hype anytime soon. Especially considering that Pound V is scheduled in a less flexible time of the year than Pound IV was.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Melee has very little EC representation north of Md/va and brawl has no WC representation. I think that most big names are coming, but there is a lack of the mid skill of play...(pot fillers...i.e....me)

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Melee has very little EC representation north of Md/va and brawl has no WC representation. I think that most big names are coming, but there is a lack of the mid skill of play...(pot fillers...i.e....me)
Are you serious, WC has no brawl representation? lmao
WC represents a great portion of the community.

But I agree EC melee representation is very poor while WC still stands very strong.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Won't be coming to this, broke as ****. Good luck to everyone going and hope you all have a good time.
Plank ***** :]

Also.... Armada is winning this!!!

PS.... Genesis 2 hype >.>

I'd bet that the day with the most new registries will be the last day of registration

Prove me wrong

M

MysteryTigerTeen

Is brawl really only 130 entrants at this point in time or has Plank just not updated the list :3?

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Thats the major difference between this and last year. We have very few noobs. All the big names are coming (sans a few major exceptions) but the scrubs aren't here. I'm sure a ton of them got scared away by P4, but we could have put a more concerted effort to reel more in...local advertising would've helped. Especially at big events like MAGfest.

Half the registration list right now has the skill to make bracket.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Is brawl really only 130 entrants at this point in time or has Plank just not updated the list :3?
And we've had nationals every 6 months recently. Everyone's wallets been *****
This.

Also, its not even 6 months. weve been having nationals every 2-4 months now.

last year we had ROM, Pound, Apex, and the entire MLG season.

And in the next 12 months we have Pound, Genesis 2, Cat 5, Apex again, WHOBO, and probably 1-2 more that im forgetting.

smash community needs to start pooling its resources for individual events as opposed to every big TO trying to run the next biggest tourney ever.

eventually the people wont be able to support the massive number of 'national' tourneys that are being held, and the attendence for this so far is showing that.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Everyone knows Genesis 2 is the place to be this year.

KID, you also forgot Zenith.
Some tourney that "some guy" is trying to run here in jersey.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Heero go be a fgt somewhere else please, trying to hype Genesis 2 up in the Pound thread? dumb fvck

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol get em EE!
I gotta request off at least one of these days to watch live stream with a huge thing of chips n dip, drinks, popcorn and chickin wings!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol ya I am ready to tell my girlfriend I am sick as hell and I am staying home all day long to recover ;D

Alukard

Smash Hero
taking all doubles money matches in melee and ssf4 money matches Bo5's minimum 5$... even taking 3v3 money matches in ssf4 and chillin and G$ are the other 2

niqqaz

strawhats

Smash Master
Lol ya I am ready to tell my girlfriend I am sick as hell and I am staying home all day long to recover ;D
watch out she might surprise you and come visit you at home, "to cheer you up".

also, I don't even know if there will be a Cataclysm V anymore...Solid Jake hasn't really said anything about it. I think he's still working for MLG.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
after Reading the last 3 pages I'm positive 2 of the top 5 "Poster who should stop posting period" are in MD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom