• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Should we give Team Fortress the Team Match/Deathmatch option?

• Yes (Doing so allows players to play as a single character and a new Down Special)

• No (Doing keeps the character swap mechanic as intended.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please keep in mind also that the dog is typically the puppy variant so we will be going with puppy version of the dog.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of the original item voting!

Name4321Total
Bear Trap1 (4)1 (3)3 (6)114
Eletrichakus3 (12)2 (6)0220
Mini Master Hand2 (8)2 (6)2 (4)220
Flashlight1 (3)1 (2)038
Possess1 (4)3 (9)0114
Parachute Bombs2 (8)1 (3)5 (10)122

I decided to accept the top three items which are:

• Parachute Bombs (22)
  • Electrichakus (20)
  • Mini Master Hand (20)

Next, here are our submissions for the food and the Nintendog! I will be accepting more than one food as a winner.

Food: Burrito (10%)

Assist Trophy: Cocker Spaniel, a popular breed of dog loved by many.
Item:

Mochi

View attachment 375933

The famous Japanese rice cake treat. It will spawn in large quantities and only heal 4% of damage.

Dog for Nintendog Assist Trophy

Chocolate Labrador Retriever

View attachment 375934

Labrador retrievers are super iconic dogs. They are one of the most popular breed of dogs around the world. In fact, I used to have a chocolate lab as a family pet. Thus, I believe the breed of the Nintendog should be a Chocolate Lab.
Food: Pupusas (7%)
Trying to put something of my own country, thought it is a plate common of most part of Central America afaik. Pupusas are tortilla-like food made of either corn or rice mass and with practically anything you want inside, most commonly fried beans with cheese.
View attachment 375936
Dog Breed: Chow Chow
Idk I never had a dog but I thinked they are cute due their fluff.
View attachment 375937
Food:
View attachment 375941
BBQ Ribs (6%)
One of the greatest cuts of meat in the world. I can vouch for this.

Dog:
View attachment 375940
Saint Bernard
Saint Bernards are relatively well-known dogs, known for being rescue dogs in northern parts of the world.
Nintendog Breed: Pomeranian
Pomeranians with Skin Allergies - Nom Nom

Some of the most popular dogs on the internet are Pomeranians such as Gabe the Dog
Dog breed: Beagle

Idk, im just going full biased with this since i have a pet Beagle.

Food: Bacon (4%)

Surprised this wasnt already in Smash being a pretty popular iconic food.
Dog Breed: Dobermann
View attachment 375962
One of my choices for the new dog breed
Food: Croissant

View attachment 375963

The croissant heals 5%

Dog Assist Trophy: Poodle

View attachment 375964
Food: Taco

How is this not in smash already?
View attachment 375982
Dog Assist Trophy: Dalmatian
Pretty iconic dog and visualy striking

Food item: Oatmeal
I'm back. With a dachshund.
View attachment 375983
Borzoi

they're really funny looking. I need to see a borzoi's big 'ole nose bonk against the screen while leon s kennedy fights red angry birds

Dinosaur Nuggets

They appear on a plate of 5 with a side of BBQ. Heals 6%.
Borscht 2%

A red Russian soup.
I will also be submitting...

Food
Preztle.....4%
1691847261798.jpeg

Dog

Siberian Husky

Huskies are a beloved breed known for the love of cold weather and snow. They are also an actual breed found in Nintendogs.

Here they are as a list:

Food
  • Mochi
  • Pupusas
  • BBQ Ribs
  • Croissant
  • Oatmeal
  • Preztle
  • Dinosaur Nuggets
  • Borscht
Please note Tacos were included in Infinite so I removed it from that list. I never got a chance to comment on that as I worked a long shift yesterday and went promptly to bed.

Nintendog
  • Labrador Retriever
  • Chow Chow
  • Saint Bernard
  • Standard Poodle (please note we already have a Toy Poodle in past Smash games)
  • Dobermann Pinscher
  • Siberian Husky
  • Borzoi
  • Dachshund
  • Dalmatian
  • Beagles
  • Pomeranian
Also, it is important to note that aside from the Golden Retriever, the Toy Poodle, French Bulldog, and Shiba Inu are all popular dog breeds in Japan. The Chihuahua is also a popular dog breed. Typically, larger breeds are not so popular or commonly seen. From this list, the Dachshund and the Pomeranian are the most popular followed by the Husky and Beagle. The rest are largely uncommon breeds. If you want to vote based on this trend of Smash using dog breeds that are not only popular worldwide but also in Japan (like how we did in Infinite), then vote that way.

PLEASE VOTE HERE>

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I will be pushing the game mode a bit until next week I have the entire weekend off. I did 12-hour shifts every day this week so I am planning on relaxing. I actually worked to the point of physical injury but I was unable to take that time off due to a skeleton staff being available. It's a very active job without many breaks if any so I am looking forward to finally a weekend off and resting up.

That being said, I have had this on my mind for a while and was planning on running it this weekend. Yes, my friends. It is time for us to give Master Hand some company

Submit a First-Party Character that was Previously an Assist Trophy

PLEASE READ THE WHOLE JOB GUIDELINES FROM START TO FINISH

This also applies if the character was a Mii Costume along with being an Assist Trophy. This will remove them from the Assist Trophy pool. THIS WILL BE THE ONLY CHARACTER THAT WE UPGRADE FROM BEING AN ASSIST TO A PLAYABLE CHARACTER.

Here is a list of applicable characters. I removed certain characters, like Thwomp, who wouldn't make sense as a character.

From Infinite
  1. Adeleine & Ribbon (Kirby)
  2. Ayumi Tachibana (Famicon Detective)
  3. Bokoblin (The Legend of Zelda)
  4. Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo!)
  5. Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong)
  6. The Darklord (Miitopia)
  7. DJ Adore & the Love Posse (Rhythm Heaven)
  8. Eggplant Wizard (Kid Icarus)
  9. Elite Beat Agents (Elite Beat Agents)
  10. E.M.M.I. (Metroid)
  11. Euden (Dragalia Lost)
  12. Flick (Animal Crossing)
  13. Jenna Anderson (Astral Chain)
  14. Jena (Golden Sun)
  15. Jody Summers (F-Zero)
  16. Medli (The Legend of Zelda)
  17. Mike Jones (Star Tropics)
  18. Mona (WarioWare)
  19. Muddy Mole (Mole Panic)
  20. Paper Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
  21. Pokey (Super Mario Bros.)
  22. Poochy (Yoshi)
  23. Pyoro (WarioWare)
  24. Seteth (Fire Emblem)
  25. Wave Racers (Wave Race)
  26. Zeke & Pandora (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
From Previous Smash Games
  1. Hammer Bro
  2. Lakitu and Spikes
  3. Tingle
  4. Ghirahim
  5. Midna
  6. Skull Kid
  7. Metroid
  8. Knuckle Joe
  9. Chef Kawasaki
  10. Nightmare
  11. Andross
  12. Krystal
  13. Jeff
  14. Samurai Goroh
  15. Lyn
  16. Black Knight
  17. Magnus
  18. Phosphora
  19. Kat & Ana
  20. Riki
  21. Squid Sisters
  22. Spring Man
  23. Sheriff
  24. Devil
  25. Excitebike
  26. Prince of Sable
  27. Sukapon
  28. Saki Amamiya
  29. Starfy
  30. Barbara
  31. Dr. Kawashima
  32. Jill
  33. Ray MK II
  34. Vince
  35. Nikki
  36. Dillon
  37. Arcade Bunny
  38. Dr. Wright
Please keep in mind that the character will be joining a very limited roster. We already have 1/7 characters added so this will be our second character added. This means we will have only 5 left to add in. In addition, we will be using this roster to market our game so adding in important, beloved, and impactful characters will be important regardless of the job criteria. While it might be "lolz" to add a character like Pyoro or Dr. Kawashima, we need to be mindful of our submissions and ensure they make sense from a developmental and marketable standpoint. Our roster will be held under far for scrutiny by the Smash fanbase due to "a waste of slot"-mentality due to a lack of roster spots. In addition, this will be an Assist to Playable character. In the past, characters that got this treatment were:

• Little Mac
  • Dark Samus
  • Isabelle
  • Isaac
  • Waluigi
  • Ashley
  • Takamaru

When submitting, please provide the following:

• A picture
  • Name
  • Series the character is from
  • Why they deserve to be included in Infinite Beyond (While keeping in mind they will be apart of a 7 character roster, 6 at launch if not reserved WHILE also keeping note they will be snatching the coveted "assist to playable mantle" that the above characters also received.)
PLEASE SUBMIT AND VOTE WISELY

Last edited:

TheMicRula

Smash Apprentice

Assist Trophy to playable: Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment)

I feel like Saki could be a fun wild card pick in the assist trophy list. Sin & Punishment is a niche series, but it's also one that managed to get a cult following as well. The sequel, Star Successor, was made soely because the Virtual Console release of the first one on the Wii was a success thanks to Saki being an assist in Brawl, which was mainly thanks to fan demands from Japanese fans. And to this day, people are still discovering S&P thanks to the Nintendo Switch Online release of the first one.

Moveset-wise, I'd feel like he'd have enough tricks in his sleeve to stand out than the usual Marth or Mii Gunner. He'd be a light and speedy shooter with a beam sword that could be used to parry some projectiles or attacks. Not to mention he could even switch between the manual shooting mode and the lock-on mode, something we didn't see for characters like the Starfox crew. He could also have a gimmick of its own where he'd be using his Ruffian blood to increase his attacks after recieving more damage, as well as having a great Final Smash as his Ruffian form that'd be able to shoot down your opponents from above, sort of like Giga Bowser.

Kudos to P-Fritz on Deviantart and Twitter for the image above, that serves as inspiration for my ideas.

On top of it, his son from the sequel, Isa Jo could also work as an echo fighter where he'd be utilizing the jetpack as a recovery. He could have the same kit as Saki, right down to his Ruffian Form.

And finally, he could also work as a representative of Treasure's vast library of games where he could also bring spirits and music tracks from games like Gunstar Heroes or even Mischief Makers, basically like how Terry was able to bring 50 music tracks from SNK series like King of Fighters and Metal Slug.

But if he doesn't get to be a fighter, can we at least bring him back as an assist pretty please?

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Fighter: Lyn (Fire Emblem)
1691852667866.png
Alright I personally never was a huge fire emblem fan, or a fire emblem fan from the start of it, but I think there is a lot of potential to explode here, because most of the cast is based on just the protagonist and leaves other popular characters from the series with some very cool moves out, and probably Lyndis is a very cool choice because yeah, she use a sword, but the technique of she is quite unique since it's more about thrusting, asides, she also has dextery in bows like in one of the images above (I also saw images where she uses fans and a spear but those are Heroes variants and I ain't sure how much it actually represents her of it is just for the event).

In Awakening (that it is where it comes my fav design of her, definitively not my bias for Shirow Miwa), she use a dual wielding style so that also works.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Assist Trophy to Playable Character: Paper Mario

images (6).jpeg

Paper Mario is the eponymous protagonist from the RPG game series Paper Mario,this game series is an alternate universe of the original Mario series,because Mario have allies from different species,each toad are very different (only in 2 games),Bowser's ally is a female version of Kamek and other things.

Paper Mario in Smash is a good choice,Smash have 3 Mario spin-off series on Smash games,an only """crossover""" of Mario with Paper Mario was in Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam,and it's a great addiction for have Mario,Luigi and Paper Mario reunited on a Smash game.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Cranky Kong
Donkey Kong is a name passed down through the generations, and Cranky's time as the prime DK has passed. He now spends his days helping his grandson by teaming up with him on adventures, selling items to DK and co., but otherwise enjoying his retirement. Cranky had a sizable role in the recent Mario Movie and I think Nintendo might want to capitalize on that.

People often complain that Donkey Kong's moveset just has him be a stock gorilla, but with Cranky you could more reasonably integrate some classic arcade DK imagery. Give him barrels, vines, Trouble Bugs, bee hives, and hammers. Including Squaks somehow would be cool. And of course, his standard weapon would be his cane, which could come with a down air that spikes and lets him bounce off opponents like Scrooge McDuck. Cranky would be a very tricky fighter, but an entertaining one whether you're luring the opponent into a trap or watching yourself getting outsmarted by the old geezer.
And as far as why Cranky deserves the promotion over other characters, I think it's high time Smash respects its elders - both from a classic gaming perspective and from a demographical representation perspective. Smash has always featured Rare's or Retro's take on Donkey Kong, but never Nintendo's, so this could be a fun way to bring in more first-party DK rep, especially from the arcade days. And then I think it's important we represent those of all walks of life in Smash so every player feels like someone on the roster resonates with them - that doesn't just go for gender or race, but also (among many other things), age. So having an older dude on the character select screen would be pretty cool.

^aw hell nah cranky with the janky ass forward aerial

TheMicRula

Smash Apprentice
Cranky Kong
Donkey Kong is a name passed down through the generations, and Cranky's time as the prime DK has passed. He now spends his days helping his grandson by teaming up with him on adventures, selling items to DK and co., but otherwise enjoying his retirement. Cranky had a sizable role in the recent Mario Movie and I think Nintendo might want to capitalize on that.

People often complain that Donkey Kong's moveset just has him be a stock gorilla, but with Cranky you could more reasonably integrate some classic arcade DK imagery. Give him barrels, vines, Trouble Bugs, bee hives, and hammers. Including Squaks somehow would be cool. And of course, his standard weapon would be his cane, which could come with a down air that spikes and lets him bounce off opponents like Scrooge McDuck. Cranky would be a very tricky fighter, but an entertaining one whether you're luring the opponent into a trap or watching yourself getting outsmarted by the old geezer.
And as far as why Cranky deserves the promotion over other characters, I think it's high time Smash respects its elders - both from a classic gaming perspective and from a demographical representation perspective. Smash has always featured Rare's or Retro's take on Donkey Kong, but never Nintendo's, so this could be a fun way to bring in more first-party DK rep, especially from the arcade days. And then I think it's important we represent those of all walks of life in Smash so every player feels like someone on the roster resonates with them - that doesn't just go for gender or race, but also (among many other things), age. So having an older dude on the character select screen would be pretty cool.

^aw hell nah cranky with the janky ass forward aerial
HE'S GONNA BE A STAR
HE'S GONNA BE ADMIRED BY JAMES DEAN
OR MISTER BEAN

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Bokoblin - Zelda Dungeon Wiki, a The Legend of Zelda wiki

Assist to Playable: Bokoblin - The Legend of Zelda Series
The reason why we should put Bokoblin in is because
A.) Another non Triforce LoZ Rep can't go wrong
B.) It's good to have another mook fighter

AT fighter submission:

Alright, Tankman. You've got a lot of assists to pick for fighters. Let's see... which character you wanna pick for the game?

Me:
Krystal (Star Fox)
1691850346059.png

"I'm not here to fight you. I came here because of a distress call"
Okay, I know that Krystal isn't my one of most wanted characters for smash, but I had no choice to give Star Fox a new rep...

Krystal is the one of major characters from Star Fox video game series, made by Nintendo & Argonaut Software and she is a vixen that came from planet Cerinia and she ended up in Sauria planet due to her home planet being destroyed and she was the survivor of her family. She befriended various dinosaurs on the planet, but she was attacked by Sharpclaw Galleon and she started to despise the tribe.

During the events of Star Fox Adventures, Fox saved her from General Scales and potentially Andross and she joined the Star Fox crew. After the time, she was married to Fox McCloud and they gave birth to Marcus McCloud (their offspring).

Krystal is considered as one of popular SF characters and she became popular among furry-obsessed people due to furry fans being ravenously obsessed with female furries.
Also she became one of most requested fighters for smash games because of her popularity.

As for their moveset, she would use her staff that can use a lot of ice-related moves. Heck, she could even borrow some moves from Fox & other Star Fox characters.

She would use her Adventures design as default alt, but she could get Assault design as her alt.

I'm submitting her because:
1. We haven't got a new star fox rep since Smash Brawl.
2. She is one of most requested fighters for the game.
3. We haven't got too much ice users in smash.
4. She is one of most popular Star Fox characters in star fox franchise and furry fandom.
5. First female fighter in definitive edition.
6. Also her inclusion in the game would potentially cause Nintendo to bring back the interest of making Star Fox games.
7. And for the last reason, she is very sensible choice for smash (like most of request fighters for smash bros)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Excitrebiker (Excitebike)
While not a noteworthy series in regards to the legacy of Nintendo's IPs but still is a noteworthy entry into its library. Excitebiker as a whole would be a great way to bring back a character long-considered for Smash in it's earlier days but, due to constraints, was never included. The Excitebiker would bring new content from the Excitebike series along with a potential stage plus new arrangements. In addition, the character would also lend itself to be quite a challenge to developing a moveset but something I think the thread could benefit from. While the character and series doesn't scream "MARKETING", it's still a legacy character that ticks off several boxes while still holding that golden Smash/Nintendo pedigree.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1691863889190.png

PRINCE EUDEN
Euden is the player character and main protagonist of the now-defunct mobile game created in collaboration with Nintendo by CyGames, Dragalia Lost. Though the mobile game is no longer available to play since that's how most CyGames games usually go, Dragalia Lost held particularly strong on its own for being an entirely new mobile franchise going up against the likes of Super Mario Run, Mario Kart Tour, and even their biggest mobile moneymaker of which Dragalia Lost has had several collabs with, Fire Emblem Heroes.

Now those of you who were around during the game's 4-year run may recall a bunch of similarities between Euden and Corrin, and for those who weren't around allow me to elaborate: Dragalia Lost was a touchscreen action RPG where you brought a party of four to fight various enemies and bosses. You tapped the screen to attack and used swipe motions to dodge and move. You had two abilities that were exclusive to each character. Still, a mechanic stood out as a Euden-Corrin similarity: the ability to turn into a mighty dragon. Now instead of Corrin's partial transformations, this was a full-on transformation into a completely separate entity. Canonically, Euden could transform into the first dragon he ever forged a pact with, the mighty Midgardsormr.
1691864344560.png
Despite it now being discontinued, fans today remain hopeful that Dragalia Lost would return in some way, shape or form. Perhaps as a brand new game for the Nintendo Switch in a similar manner to GranBlue Fantasy Re:Link. Maybe as something else entirely. Either way, Dragalia Lost shows that Nintendo can still make a strong, all-original mobile game.

For the moveset, Euden would be a highly-mobile character who loves to weave in and out of attack range and build up quick damage before finishing them off with Midgardsormr's strong, heavy-hitting attacks and abilities. Both forms would have their own strengths and weaknesses, but the fact of the matter is that there's a synergy between the two that, if you know it well, can turn this duo into a near-unstoppable force.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Tiki isn't eligible because of the Mii costume correct?
She is eligible. She was an assist trophy previously which returned. I just forgot to add her to the list. It doesn’t matter if there is a Mii Costume or not for an Assist. But we are just promoting an AT right now

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My taco submission doesn’t seem to be in the poll
Please note Tacos were included in Infinite so I removed it from that list. I never got a chance to comment on that as I worked a long shift yesterday and went promptly to bed.
This was also added in the Job Guideline post.

The Food items in Smash:
  • Turkey (15%)
  • Steak (12%)
  • Strawberry Shortcake (11%)
  • Bread (10%)
  • Macron (10%)
  • Spaghetti (8%)
  • Hamburger (7%)
  • Pancakes (7%)
  • Pizza (7%)
  • Salisbury Steak (7%)
  • Pho (6%)
  • Cherry Pie (6%)
  • Tacos (6%)
  • etc

This is exactly why I would like people to read submission guidelines and follow-up notes in their entirety instead of reading the job submission title and skimming the text before submitting content.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
This one took a bit of pondering to think about. I had a few ideas in mind but....

E.M.M.I. Commences Its Pursuit!
emmi.png

While I am not the hugest Metroid fan, the E.M.M.I. or the Extraplanetary Multiform Mobile Identifier are the secondary antagonists for Metroid Dread. These identifiers can quickly identify Samus in the game and track her footsteps. They are completely invulnerable to her attacks. However, these robots can be destroyed with the Omega Blaster and Omega Stream. Simply put, these robots are some deadly threats.

Why should the E.M.M.I. be the lucky assist trophy to be promoted to fighter?

While Super Smash Bros Ultimate got 2 new Metroid fighters being Ridley and Dark Samus Samus's echo fighter, Super Smash Bros Infinite did not receive any fighters from Metroid. Metroid Dread was one of the most popular video games of 2021. In fact, it was nominated for Game of The Year of The Game Awards that year. The game itself is the best-selling Metroid game. Thus, the E.M.M.I is easily recognizable. Metroid is currently in its renaissance as we also got the Metroid Prime Remastered. Plus, we still have the inevitable Metroid Prime 4 that has yet to come out. Thus, when looking at the E.M.M.I. in itself, it's truly a marketable pick. Plus, who doesn't love playing as superheavies in platform fighters? Speaking of which...

How would the E.M.M.I. play?

A great video that explains the E.M.M.I's potential!

Overall, FeliciaFan put it best. The E.M.M.I. would be a super heavy and have incredible burst options. Range would be your best friend here when it comes to the attacks. However, when the E.M.M.I. in a disadvantage, it will be hard for it to escape from such state.

Alongside this, some sort of pursuit gimmick would be essential for such a character as that's what it does in Metroid Dread.

Overall, the E.M.M.I. would truly be the best pick for the assist trophy promotion. Another Metroid fighter, recognizable, could have a very fun playstyle and lots of other boxes ticked off. An overall, fun pick for sure.​

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Midna

Midna is one of the most popular companions in the Zelda franchise.

Even with Infinite, Zelda as a franchise has only scratched the surface in terms of representation with how many popular and iconic characters there are in the series.

In terms of a moveset, Midna could utilize Wolf link or even her true form,

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Skull Kid
Skull Kid | Slender Fortress Wiki | Fandom

Skull Kid is perhaps an iconic antagonist from the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Most notably for its appearance and the mask himself. He is the main villain of Majora's Mask who attempted to destroy Termina by crashing the Moon upon it.

With Zelda being Nintendo's second most popular franchise. I can see many people wanting Skull Kid in due to Majora's Mask being one of the most beloved games at the time and still has a strong fan following now. Leading for fan projects and even an well-known creepypasta based on the game itself. Skull Kid even has enough fans who wanted to see him, appeared as an asset trophy for Smash Ultimate. But this time? I think he should bring more of the pain as a fighter for Infinite Beyond. Being a fan favorite pick and all. Nostagia is marketable nowadays for good or bad reasons, so he fits that pretty well.

As for his moveset, Skull Kid has lot of potential for a moveset especially with lot of Youtube videos and well-written online ones being made for him. Generally, Skull Kid is an intuitive character who can use dark magic to his whimes. Making him a sorcery based floaty character with ranged attacks but lightweight as well, allowing him to fire the power of curses onto other fighters but leaving him a bit open where he could get easily thrown off the stage if not careful enough.

Finally of course, the Final Smash would be the Moon from Majora's Mask falling. This time, personally I think it should be more cinematic like Yoshi's Final Smash for example where Skull Kid sends/attacks the fighter into Termina where they are forced to see the Moon quickly approaching down the town, leading for an massive explosion that can instantly kill anyone if their damage percentage is above 100.

Overall, I believe Skull Kid is a very good pick for an assist trophy promotion and an fan favorite one for old and new fans alike. definitely being an iconic and recognizable villain as well along with a fun magical moveset in general.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of voting for Food and Nintendogs! I will be accepting more than one winner for the food category.

Name5 Points4 Points3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Mochi1 (5)1 (4)2 (6)1 (2)219
Pupusas1 (5)003 (6)112
BBQ Ribs2 (10)2 (8)2 (6)2 (4)129
Croissant03 (12)2 (6)1 (2)323
Oatmeal1 (5)1 (4)02 (6)318
Pretzel3 (15)1 (4)3 (9)0129
Dinosaur Nuggets2 (10)3 (12)2 (6)2 (4)032
Borscht1 (5)00005

Name5 Points4 Points3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Labrador Retriever1 (5)1 (4)2 (6)2 (4)219
Chow Chow1 (5)2 (8)00114
Saint Bernard1 (5)01 (3)2 (4)012
Standard Poodle001 (3)003
Dobermann Pinscher01 (4)02 (4)08
Siberian Husky5 (20)1 (4)1 (3)1 (2)231
Borzoi2 (10)01 (3)0114
Dachshund1 (5)1 (4)2 (6)2 (4)120
Dalmatian01 (4)1 (3)2 (4)213
Beagle02 (8)2 (6)0216
Pomeranian1 (5)2 (8)00013

With that being said, here is how our winnings look.

For Food, I will be accepting the top 5 entries including ties:

1. Dinosaur Nuggets (32)
  2. Pretzel (29)
  3. BBQ Ribs (29)
  4. Croissant (23)
  5. Mochi (19)
In regards to Nintendogs, it is pretty clear that the Siberian Husky swept the voting. I was a bit worried since both Pretzle and the Husky were my submissions and I have noticed that a number of my submissions have been getting voted in. Here is voting proof of the Nintendog results.

Forms response chart. Question title: Please vote. Ranked voting is on. We have 5 points as the most and 1 point being the least. Number of responses: .

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I like all the submissions quite a lot

Midna would be our first Zelda companion (big checkbox) and would be a unique long-range grappler (without the absurdity that was Min-Min's moveset)

Goroh would be really fun. I would say three F-Zeroes are too many, but then again, Fire Emblem has 9

EMMI is actually sick, especially with the freaky-ass way that they move, I want more crazy Metroid bosses playable

Euden would be a game preservation W for sure, I honestly don't think Infinite has enough swordies tbh

Excitebiker is a long-time favorite of mine so no objections from me

Krystal is awesome in SSF2, the back half of Infinite's DLC definitely had a few wild cards so I'm not opposed to another fan-demand pick. Same with Skull Kid though I must say I've never seen a moveset for him that is super interesting other than his final smash being you-know-what. Open to the idea of him in Infinite though, I love Skull Kid!

Bokoblin would be funny, we've already got TotK content out of the way so we could just focus on giving him a really cool moveset and extras

Cranky Kong is such a fantastic character choice! Someone really smart and handsome must have submitted him.

Paper Mario would be equal parts badass and hilarious. You could do some very creative stuff even if you only stuck to "he's made of paper lmao"

Lyn would be really cool actually. The Fire Emblos are known for kinda blurring together, so after Byleth and Anna, having yet another character who breaks the tradition of just another basic sword character would show Smash fans that, even if we have too many Fire Emblem characters, at least they're getting more creative now.

Saki was actually my first crush (although back then I just knew him as the cool gun girl in brawl) and I love on-rails shooters so yeah get this guy in smash

I'm extremely surprised we didn't get Ayumi submitted. She gets submitted a LOT in creation threads which I sometimes find a tad annoying, but that does not detract from the fact that she'd be an incredible and unique inclusion.

TheMicRula

Smash Apprentice
I like all the submissions quite a lot

Midna would be our first Zelda companion (big checkbox) and would be a unique long-range grappler (without the absurdity that was Min-Min's moveset)

Goroh would be really fun. I would say three F-Zeroes are too many, but then again, Fire Emblem has 9

EMMI is actually sick, especially with the freaky-ass way that they move, I want more crazy Metroid bosses playable

Euden would be a game preservation W for sure, I honestly don't think Infinite has enough swordies tbh

Excitebiker is a long-time favorite of mine so no objections from me

Krystal is awesome in SSF2, the back half of Infinite's DLC definitely had a few wild cards so I'm not opposed to another fan-demand pick. Same with Skull Kid though I must say I've never seen a moveset for him that is super interesting other than his final smash being you-know-what. Open to the idea of him in Infinite though, I love Skull Kid!

Bokoblin would be funny, we've already got TotK content out of the way so we could just focus on giving him a really cool moveset and extras

Cranky Kong is such a fantastic character choice! Someone really smart and handsome must have submitted him.

Paper Mario would be equal parts badass and hilarious. You could do some very creative stuff even if you only stuck to "he's made of paper lmao"

Lyn would be really cool actually. The Fire Emblos are known for kinda blurring together, so after Byleth and Anna, having yet another character who breaks the tradition of just another basic sword character would show Smash fans that, even if we have too many Fire Emblem characters, at least they're getting more creative now.

Saki was actually my first crush (although back then I just knew him as the cool gun girl in brawl) and I love on-rails shooters so yeah get this guy in smash

I'm extremely surprised we didn't get Ayumi submitted. She gets submitted a LOT in creation threads which I sometimes find a tad annoying, but that does not detract from the fact that she'd be an incredible and unique inclusion.
I'm also glad tons of people liked my Saki submission.
This was the first time where I wrote a pitch for a project like this and I'm happy it got positive reception.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Character Job

Adeleine & Ribbon

File:KSA Adeleine and Ribbon pause screen artwork.png

Adeleine and Ribbon are a duo from Kirby 64 that were recently playable in Star Allies. Adeleine would use a painting based moveset while Ribbon would attack with crystal shards. They are a popular fan favorite, and Kirby 64 was recently rereleased on NSO, giving many Switch owners a chance to reexperience their game as well. I feel they would be an interesting and unique addition to our Kirby representation as they are some of the few humanoid characters from the series.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
looks like I'll have to be the one to do it

Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club)
SSBU_spirit_Ayumi_Tachibana.png

Ayumi Tachibana is a major character in, and the face of, the Famicom Detective Club series of murder mystery adventure games. She oftentimes plays the role of helper to the protagonist on the various cases explored, though she's definitely the most recognizable character in the series to the point of getting her own starring role in a Satellaview sequel. The FDC series is very popular in Japan, being treated as one of the Famicom's major first-party releases and considered pretty influential on later visual novels/adventure games. This reverence has been shown by way of various remakes, rereleases and cameos in other games. I would argue it's one of the few Nintendo properties missing from Smash that could genuinely be considered "classic". I also think Ayumi would be a pretty fun archetype to have in our game and could provide an interesting counter to characters like Phoenix.

Top Bottom