• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which option should we go with? I can't operate both the wikia and front page anymore.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I know it's too late since the job is concluded but I never got to comment on this, since I was busy yesterday and Friday, but yeah, Burrito and Cocker Spaniel were never counted in the food and Nintendogs job, despite being quoted. Partially my fault for not checking the thread on the one day I should've, but I assumed it was safe after submission. Just really bad luck that mine just happened to be the one that was missed on the day I was busy.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I'm gonna switch Goroh to Chibi Robo. He's a way bigger request and I honestly forgot we had already added an F-Zero villain.

Big_Chibi-Robo (1).png

Chibi-Robo
Just a funny little guy. Would fit well with the Isaacs and Samis that we've already added. His series isn't currently active but it has had a few games and Nintendo keep liking to come back to it now and then. He'd fight with his plug and various house hold obejcts.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submissions are NOW CLOSED

We will begin our discussion round concerning our newcomer submissions.

During our discussion, I would like us to keep in mind particular points:

1) These characters will be making that jump from assist to playable
2) Will be held to a bit higher scrutiny compared to the rest of our roster castmembers
3) Will be apart of a 6 (7) roster cast
4) Will represent their franchise (especially if its a returning franchise) in our roster
5) Will prevent that franchise or even playstyle to be represented again in the roster (example, magical swordfighter will may cause another magical swordfighter to be ineligible). This is to keep our roster diverse and unique as we are working with a more limited canvas

I forgot to post our submissions up:

Assist Trophy to playable: Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment)

I feel like Saki could be a fun wild card pick in the assist trophy list. Sin & Punishment is a niche series, but it's also one that managed to get a cult following as well. The sequel, Star Successor, was made soely because the Virtual Console release of the first one on the Wii was a success thanks to Saki being an assist in Brawl, which was mainly thanks to fan demands from Japanese fans. And to this day, people are still discovering S&P thanks to the Nintendo Switch Online release of the first one.

Moveset-wise, I'd feel like he'd have enough tricks in his sleeve to stand out than the usual Marth or Mii Gunner. He'd be a light and speedy shooter with a beam sword that could be used to parry some projectiles or attacks. Not to mention he could even switch between the manual shooting mode and the lock-on mode, something we didn't see for characters like the Starfox crew. He could also have a gimmick of its own where he'd be using his Ruffian blood to increase his attacks after recieving more damage, as well as having a great Final Smash as his Ruffian form that'd be able to shoot down your opponents from above, sort of like Giga Bowser.

Kudos to P-Fritz on Deviantart and Twitter for the image above, that serves as inspiration for my ideas.

On top of it, his son from the sequel, Isa Jo could also work as an echo fighter where he'd be utilizing the jetpack as a recovery. He could have the same kit as Saki, right down to his Ruffian Form.

And finally, he could also work as a representative of Treasure's vast library of games where he could also bring spirits and music tracks from games like Gunstar Heroes or even Mischief Makers, basically like how Terry was able to bring 50 music tracks from SNK series like King of Fighters and Metal Slug.

But if he doesn't get to be a fighter, can we at least bring him back as an assist pretty please?
Fighter: Lyn (Fire Emblem)
Alright I personally never was a huge fire emblem fan, or a fire emblem fan from the start of it, but I think there is a lot of potential to explode here, because most of the cast is based on just the protagonist and leaves other popular characters from the series with some very cool moves out, and probably Lyndis is a very cool choice because yeah, she use a sword, but the technique of she is quite unique since it's more about thrusting, asides, she also has dextery in bows like in one of the images above (I also saw images where she uses fans and a spear but those are Heroes variants and I ain't sure how much it actually represents her of it is just for the event).

In Awakening (that it is where it comes my fav design of her, definitively not my bias for Shirow Miwa), she use a dual wielding style so that also works.
Assist Trophy to Playable Character: Paper Mario

View attachment 376011

Paper Mario is the eponymous protagonist from the RPG game series Paper Mario,this game series is an alternate universe of the original Mario series,because Mario have allies from different species,each toad are very different (only in 2 games),Bowser's ally is a female version of Kamek and other things.

Paper Mario in Smash is a good choice,Smash have 3 Mario spin-off series on Smash games,an only """crossover""" of Mario with Paper Mario was in Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam,and it's a great addiction for have Mario,Luigi and Paper Mario reunited on a Smash game.
Cranky Kong
Donkey Kong is a name passed down through the generations, and Cranky's time as the prime DK has passed. He now spends his days helping his grandson by teaming up with him on adventures, selling items to DK and co., but otherwise enjoying his retirement. Cranky had a sizable role in the recent Mario Movie and I think Nintendo might want to capitalize on that.

People often complain that Donkey Kong's moveset just has him be a stock gorilla, but with Cranky you could more reasonably integrate some classic arcade DK imagery. Give him barrels, vines, Trouble Bugs, bee hives, and hammers. Including Squaks somehow would be cool. And of course, his standard weapon would be his cane, which could come with a down air that spikes and lets him bounce off opponents like Scrooge McDuck. Cranky would be a very tricky fighter, but an entertaining one whether you're luring the opponent into a trap or watching yourself getting outsmarted by the old geezer.
And as far as why Cranky deserves the promotion over other characters, I think it's high time Smash respects its elders - both from a classic gaming perspective and from a demographical representation perspective. Smash has always featured Rare's or Retro's take on Donkey Kong, but never Nintendo's, so this could be a fun way to bring in more first-party DK rep, especially from the arcade days. And then I think it's important we represent those of all walks of life in Smash so every player feels like someone on the roster resonates with them - that doesn't just go for gender or race, but also (among many other things), age. So having an older dude on the character select screen would be pretty cool.

^aw hell nah cranky with the janky ass forward aerial
View attachment 376014
Assist to Playable: Bokoblin - The Legend of Zelda Series
The reason why we should put Bokoblin in is because
A.) Another non Triforce LoZ Rep can't go wrong
B.) It's good to have another mook fighter
AT fighter submission:

Alright, Tankman. You've got a lot of assists to pick for fighters. Let's see... which character you wanna pick for the game?

Me:
Krystal (Star Fox)
View attachment 376009

"I'm not here to fight you. I came here because of a distress call"
Okay, I know that Krystal isn't my one of most wanted characters for smash, but I had no choice to give Star Fox a new rep...

Krystal is the one of major characters from Star Fox video game series, made by Nintendo & Argonaut Software and she is a vixen that came from planet Cerinia and she ended up in Sauria planet due to her home planet being destroyed and she was the survivor of her family. She befriended various dinosaurs on the planet, but she was attacked by Sharpclaw Galleon and she started to despise the tribe.

During the events of Star Fox Adventures, Fox saved her from General Scales and potentially Andross and she joined the Star Fox crew. After the time, she was married to Fox McCloud and they gave birth to Marcus McCloud (their offspring).

Krystal is considered as one of popular SF characters and she became popular among furry-obsessed people due to furry fans being ravenously obsessed with female furries.
Also she became one of most requested fighters for smash games because of her popularity.

As for their moveset, she would use her staff that can use a lot of ice-related moves. Heck, she could even borrow some moves from Fox & other Star Fox characters.

She would use her Adventures design as default alt, but she could get Assault design as her alt.

I'm submitting her because:
1. We haven't got a new star fox rep since Smash Brawl.
2. She is one of most requested fighters for the game.
3. We haven't got too much ice users in smash.
4. She is one of most popular Star Fox characters in star fox franchise and furry fandom.
5. First female fighter in definitive edition.
6. Also her inclusion in the game would potentially cause Nintendo to bring back the interest of making Star Fox games.
7. And for the last reason, she is very sensible choice for smash (like most of request fighters for smash bros)

Excitrebiker (Excitebike)
While not a noteworthy series in regards to the legacy of Nintendo's IPs but still is a noteworthy entry into its library. Excitebiker as a whole would be a great way to bring back a character long-considered for Smash in it's earlier days but, due to constraints, was never included. The Excitebiker would bring new content from the Excitebike series along with a potential stage plus new arrangements. In addition, the character would also lend itself to be quite a challenge to developing a moveset but something I think the thread could benefit from. While the character and series doesn't scream "MARKETING", it's still a legacy character that ticks off several boxes while still holding that golden Smash/Nintendo pedigree.
View attachment 376022
PRINCE EUDEN
Euden is the player character and main protagonist of the now-defunct mobile game created in collaboration with Nintendo by CyGames, Dragalia Lost. Though the mobile game is no longer available to play since that's how most CyGames games usually go, Dragalia Lost held particularly strong on its own for being an entirely new mobile franchise going up against the likes of Super Mario Run, Mario Kart Tour, and even their biggest mobile moneymaker of which Dragalia Lost has had several collabs with, Fire Emblem Heroes.

Now those of you who were around during the game's 4-year run may recall a bunch of similarities between Euden and Corrin, and for those who weren't around allow me to elaborate: Dragalia Lost was a touchscreen action RPG where you brought a party of four to fight various enemies and bosses. You tapped the screen to attack and used swipe motions to dodge and move. You had two abilities that were exclusive to each character. Still, a mechanic stood out as a Euden-Corrin similarity: the ability to turn into a mighty dragon. Now instead of Corrin's partial transformations, this was a full-on transformation into a completely separate entity. Canonically, Euden could transform into the first dragon he ever forged a pact with, the mighty Midgardsormr.
Despite it now being discontinued, fans today remain hopeful that Dragalia Lost would return in some way, shape or form. Perhaps as a brand new game for the Nintendo Switch in a similar manner to GranBlue Fantasy Re:Link. Maybe as something else entirely. Either way, Dragalia Lost shows that Nintendo can still make a strong, all-original mobile game.

For the moveset, Euden would be a highly-mobile character who loves to weave in and out of attack range and build up quick damage before finishing them off with Midgardsormr's strong, heavy-hitting attacks and abilities. Both forms would have their own strengths and weaknesses, but the fact of the matter is that there's a synergy between the two that, if you know it well, can turn this duo into a near-unstoppable force.
This one took a bit of pondering to think about. I had a few ideas in mind but....

E.M.M.I. Commences Its Pursuit!
View attachment 376028

While I am not the hugest Metroid fan, the E.M.M.I. or the Extraplanetary Multiform Mobile Identifier are the secondary antagonists for Metroid Dread. These identifiers can quickly identify Samus in the game and track her footsteps. They are completely invulnerable to her attacks. However, these robots can be destroyed with the Omega Blaster and Omega Stream. Simply put, these robots are some deadly threats.

Why should the E.M.M.I. be the lucky assist trophy to be promoted to fighter?

While Super Smash Bros Ultimate got 2 new Metroid fighters being Ridley and Dark Samus Samus's echo fighter, Super Smash Bros Infinite did not receive any fighters from Metroid. Metroid Dread was one of the most popular video games of 2021. In fact, it was nominated for Game of The Year of The Game Awards that year. The game itself is the best-selling Metroid game. Thus, the E.M.M.I is easily recognizable. Metroid is currently in its renaissance as we also got the Metroid Prime Remastered. Plus, we still have the inevitable Metroid Prime 4 that has yet to come out. Thus, when looking at the E.M.M.I. in itself, it's truly a marketable pick. Plus, who doesn't love playing as superheavies in platform fighters? Speaking of which...

How would the E.M.M.I. play?

A great video that explains the E.M.M.I's potential!

Overall, FeliciaFan put it best. The E.M.M.I. would be a super heavy and have incredible burst options. Range would be your best friend here when it comes to the attacks. However, when the E.M.M.I. in a disadvantage, it will be hard for it to escape from such state.

Alongside this, some sort of pursuit gimmick would be essential for such a character as that's what it does in Metroid Dread.

Overall, the E.M.M.I. would truly be the best pick for the assist trophy promotion. Another Metroid fighter, recognizable, could have a very fun playstyle and lots of other boxes ticked off. An overall, fun pick for sure.​
Midna

Midna is one of the most popular companions in the Zelda franchise.

Even with Infinite, Zelda as a franchise has only scratched the surface in terms of representation with how many popular and iconic characters there are in the series.

In terms of a moveset, Midna could utilize Wolf link or even her true form,
Skull Kid
Skull Kid | Slender Fortress Wiki | Fandom

Skull Kid is perhaps an iconic antagonist from the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Most notably for its appearance and the mask himself. He is the main villain of Majora's Mask who attempted to destroy Termina by crashing the Moon upon it.

With Zelda being Nintendo's second most popular franchise. I can see many people wanting Skull Kid in due to Majora's Mask being one of the most beloved games at the time and still has a strong fan following now. Leading for fan projects and even an well-known creepypasta based on the game itself. Skull Kid even has enough fans who wanted to see him, appeared as an asset trophy for Smash Ultimate. But this time? I think he should bring more of the pain as a fighter for Infinite Beyond. Being a fan favorite pick and all. Nostagia is marketable nowadays for good or bad reasons, so he fits that pretty well.

As for his moveset, Skull Kid has lot of potential for a moveset especially with lot of Youtube videos and well-written online ones being made for him. Generally, Skull Kid is an intuitive character who can use dark magic to his whimes. Making him a sorcery based floaty character with ranged attacks but lightweight as well, allowing him to fire the power of curses onto other fighters but leaving him a bit open where he could get easily thrown off the stage if not careful enough.

Finally of course, the Final Smash would be the Moon from Majora's Mask falling. This time, personally I think it should be more cinematic like Yoshi's Final Smash for example where Skull Kid sends/attacks the fighter into Termina where they are forced to see the Moon quickly approaching down the town, leading for an massive explosion that can instantly kill anyone if their damage percentage is above 100.

Overall, I believe Skull Kid is a very good pick for an assist trophy promotion and an fan favorite one for old and new fans alike. definitely being an iconic and recognizable villain as well along with a fun magical moveset in general.
Ray Mk II (Custom Robo)

Was mixed between this or Chibi Robo, like the idea of adding a new series & Custom Robo seems like an interesting series & having a mech fighter who can maybe utilize some of the series customization could be a fun, unique idea.
Character Job

Adeleine & Ribbon

File:KSA Adeleine and Ribbon pause screen artwork.png

Adeleine and Ribbon are a duo from Kirby 64 that were recently playable in Star Allies. Adeleine would use a painting based moveset while Ribbon would attack with crystal shards. They are a popular fan favorite, and Kirby 64 was recently rereleased on NSO, giving many Switch owners a chance to reexperience their game as well. I feel they would be an interesting and unique addition to our Kirby representation as they are some of the few humanoid characters from the series.
looks like I'll have to be the one to do it

Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club)
View attachment 376049
Ayumi Tachibana is a major character in, and the face of, the Famicom Detective Club series of murder mystery adventure games. She oftentimes plays the role of helper to the protagonist on the various cases explored, though she's definitely the most recognizable character in the series to the point of getting her own starring role in a Satellaview sequel. The FDC series is very popular in Japan, being treated as one of the Famicom's major first-party releases and considered pretty influential on later visual novels/adventure games. This reverence has been shown by way of various remakes, rereleases and cameos in other games. I would argue it's one of the few Nintendo properties missing from Smash that could genuinely be considered "classic". I also think Ayumi would be a pretty fun archetype to have in our game and could provide an interesting counter to characters like Phoenix.
I'm gonna switch Goroh to Chibi Robo. He's a way bigger request and I honestly forgot we had already added an F-Zero villain.

View attachment 376050
Chibi-Robo
Just a funny little guy. Would fit well with the Isaacs and Samis that we've already added. His series isn't currently active but it has had a few games and Nintendo keep liking to come back to it now and then. He'd fight with his plug and various house hold obejcts.
In LIsted Form. * means it would be a new series represented in Smash as a character
  • Saki (Sin and punishment) *
  • Lyn (Fire Emblem)
  • Paper Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
  • Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong)Bokoblin (Legend of Zelda)
  • Krystal (Star Fox)
  • Excitebioker (Excitebike) *
  • Euden (Dragalia Lost)
  • E.M.M.I. (Metroid)
  • Midna (Legend of Zelda)
  • Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda)
  • Ray MK II (Custom Robo) *
  • Adeleine & Ribbon (Kirby)
  • Ayumi Tachibana (Famicon Detective) *
  • Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo) * <- Please note we do have a veteran stage form our Stage Pass from Infinite. This is "Sanderson House"

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I like a lot of these submissions and there a few that I think are decent but there are also a few glaring ones that I dislike.

A Tier
  • Saki (I have always wanted Sin & Punishment to be added and, as a legacy series, it would be a good move for us to add a series from its collection. In addition, Saki's history in Smas is legendary with being both an Assist and Mii Costume in two games. It would eliminate potentially a "new series rep" and a "shooting rep" but I feel Saki is a good rep for both.)
  • Euden (I am interested in adding Euden due to the potential the character has and it being a new series but also the possibility of using his induction into Smash history as a springboard to reboot the Dragalia Lost in creation thread fashion. Maybe have a job making a new DL game?)
  • Krystal (Adding Krystal in Smash, especially in a game where we are adding content that should have been there in the first place, feels like the right move. She has her fanbase behind her and is consistently a popular request. We could tick off the "heavily requested" character box.

B Tier
  • Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo would tick off the box of a new series while also being rather unique. My concern is we have a lot of Chibi-Robo content already sO adding him, in regards to the thread, would be a quick and potentially lackluster affair.)
  • Skull Kid (I know this is biased but I would personally prefer a new Zelda rep, like Master Kohga, to represent Zelda. Especially given the TotK emphasis in the game. Still, Skull Kid was a favorite of mine for nearly all Smash speculation cycles including Infinite. My only concern with adding another Zelda character is that Marin and Impa were adding in Infinite so we got two Zelda characters already so I question the need to add another one so quickly. The only reason why he is at a B is due to bias and, even then, I demoted him down from A due to the "another Zelda fighter" factor.)

C Tier
  • Cranky (I can never get behind Cranky. I am sorry. I get the appeal and I enjoy some of the ideas behind him but, to me, it seems like it would be a waste... especially given we have all three monkeys plus King K. Rool. Cranky, in my opinion, seems it would be adding a character to expand an already expanded franchise. The same could be said for Lyn and Paper Mario which I fully understand but Paper Mario has his own line of games while Lyn has her Smash pedigree while Cranky does not.)
  • Paper Mario (Paper Mario at this point seems like a good move. We already have our Mario mainstays so adding a spinoff Mario character that has his own series would be a great move. Even though, you would still get annoying detractors decrying about "wasted slots" due to "another Mario" which could potentially hurt hype and marketing. I mentioned earlier about Zelda has two reps in Infinite. Mario also had 2 reps (Waluigi and King) and Ashley and Dixie Kong being distantly connected to the series. We also added Geno as well. One could say this was waaaay too much Mario but this series is so important to Smash and Nintendo that Mario is sort of given a special pass from this.)
  • Midna (Midna was another character I have had a soft spot for but, if given the choice of Skull Kid and Midna, I would choose Skull Kid, and if given the choice of either and Master Kohga, I would choose the latter FOR Infinite Beyond. Midna would be a great addition though by not only being a female fighter but also being extremely unique with a playstyle and moveset that would be amazing to craft together. My concern above for Skull Kid can also be applied here.)
  • Lyn (My only concern with adding Lyn is forgoing the typical pattern of adding the "lord of the month" which would be Alear. in Alear's defense, they would have an amazing character gimmick that I would love to explore here while Lyn has.... sword strikes. Her Smash pedigree is even higher than Saki's.. Much like with the Master Kohga issues, I would rather see Aalear or no FE characters at all and this is coming from a person who has wanted Lyn for a long time.)
  • E.M.M.I. (Raven Beak is my choice for a Metroid character. I like the idea of E.M.M.I. but Raven Beak wins out and I would be more than willing to sacrifice the character to see if we add Raven Beak. Metroid is already represented well currently so not getting a rep at all is fine in my book but, if we were to get a rep, I would be willing to put all my money on Raven Beak. I will say though that E.M.M.I. would be a good addition as a "stalk and attach" character.
  • Ayumi (I have always been on the chair with Ayumi. I know I submitted Excitebiker and so this might seem a bit... hypocritical but there isn't much content to go from. Her addition, IMO, would just be a character addition and nothing much else. I would also be more open to adding a Fatal Frame character instead to fit this role.)

F Tier
  • Ray MK II (Custom Robo is a mostly dead franchise and, while what I said for Dragalia Lost could be also said for Custom Robo, its public consciousness isn't the same. Brawl was really the perfect time for a character to be added due to its success but that never happened. I feel Ray's ship has set sail and, given the series and it's general decline, I feel adding the character at this point in time would be the correct direction for our roster. That being said, unlike those below, I wouldn't be against its inclusion.)
  • Bokoblin (I understand the allure of a mook fighter but I am fully against the idea of a Bokoblin playable. If we were to add a Zelda mook fighter, a Deku Scrub, Octorok, or Moblin would be my choice. The difficulty with a Zelda mook fighter though is there are tons of differences in appearances and these can be so different that they wouldn't work as alternate costumes so one would be created from scratch. From a creation thread viewpoint, this is hard to do as we don't have a way to create "new renders" for characters. We saw this with Anna. In addition, there are far better characters that aren't "triforce wielders" that would do better. Adding this character in, IMO, would be detrimental to our roster and game.)
  • Adeleine & Ribbon (Again, this feels like just "adding another Kirby" character in to fulfill the "assist trophy promotion"; especially given the fact there are far better additions like Magalor, Marx, and Gooey. Kirby also ate really well in Infinite with two new fighters (Bandana Dee and Galacta Knight) so I question the need to add another character shortly after. I brought this up with Zelda additions as well but I feel Midna and Skull Kid are better candidates than Adeleine & Ribbon as a whole.)

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Here's my opinions about these characters

PERFECT CHOICES
1- Krystal (i'm not a Star Fox fan,but i think that Krystal deserved to be playable,Star Fox Adventures have development by Rare before it bought by Microsoft,Krystal is also kinda a Rare character,same from Diddy,K. Rool and Banjo and Kazooie)
2-Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo is a very good choice,he's not very popular as Mario,Zelda,Kirby and other franchises,but Chibi-Robo deserve more recognition)
3-Saki (Saki is very obscure character,and his franchise too,but also deserved more recognition and relevance,also since Sin and Pushiment was developed by Treasure (the same company of Mischief Makers),it means that Saki will be a 2nd party character)
4-Euden (well...i don't know a lot about Dragalia Lost,but i liked that GolisoPower said,the importance of Dragalia Lost looks like very interesting,and the mobile game market is been relevent on the modern times)

GREAT CHOICES
5-Cranky Kong (Cranky Kong is a good choice,the moveset fits very well of he being a legacy character,Cranky is the Donkey Kong from Arcade games,but i think he isn't a perfect choice)
6-Skull Kid (i understand of people are chosing Skull Kid as a fighter,it's a good choice of have a Zelda main villain who is not Ganondorf,and Majora's Mask on Smash Infinite Beyond is a good rep,but i prefer a Majora's Mask stage than Skull Kid as playable)
7-Midna (same from Krystal,she deserved to be playable,and i like midna,her moveset would be great,some people debate if Midna fights with or without Wolf Link,i prefer she fights same from Hyrule Warriors,and i had to choice who will be on 6th place,Midna or Skull Kid)

GOOD CHOICES
8-Paper Mario (Paper Mario is a character where i submitted,but my submission in my opinion is okay,Mario have 4 spin-offs of the franchise,and was i said,will be very good Mario,Luigi and Paper Mario reunited,but i don't want the slot have one more Mario,will be same with Link who have 3 of them)
9-Ayumi (another obscure character,Ayumi is not my personal pick,it's okay of a japan only character have mote popular on West,if Ayumi was in a official Smash game before the Switch remake it will be a good choice,and also think Retro reps are important for Smash on general)
10-Lyn (i don't know a lot about Fire Emblem,Lyn as a playable is just good,and she will be a good choice of a non-avatar protagonist,and a female character who is not a female avatar as an alternate costume)

OKAY CHOICES
11-E.M.M.I. (um...sorry,i prefer Raven Beak as playable and...i don't like mooks as playable characters)
12-Adeline & Ribbon (i like of fighters who are two characters fighting together,but Adeline and Ribbon as fighters is not my pick,i prefer more Magolor,Marx,Gooey and Dark Matter)

MEH CHOICES
13-Ray MK II (i don't know about this character,i just know he is very very obscure and that's end of it)
14-Bokoblin (Just one word)

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Euden (I miss Dragalia Lost, I miss it a lot...)
2. Krystal (If any Star Fox character gets in, it should be her)
3 & 4. Midna & Skull Kid (Honestly, both picks make sense, While I prefer Midna, Skull Kid is a character I know people want)
5. Ayumi Tachibana (I think Famicom Detective club is a fun part of Nintendo's history and she could be interesting)
6. Saki (I really like Star Successor so any Sin and Punishment stuff is a W)
7. Chibi-robo (I have no real opinion on Chibi-robo as a character in Smash, I just really like that Little Dude)
8. Paper Mario (If any Mario variants get in, it should be Paper Mario, I would just rather have a Partner)
9. Lyn (I like Lyn, But I really want an Engage rep instead)
10. Cranky (I guess he would be a good kong pick, I'd rather have Funky)
11. Ray MK II (No Opinion, I played custom robo when I was a kid and I keep confusing it for Cubix.)
12. Adeline & Ribbon (I can think of Worse Kirby characters, not my preference though)
13. E.M.M.I. (I would much rather have Raven Beak)
14. Bokoblin (Bokoblin's I don't feel have the same level of Icon status as Piranha Plants or Goombas so having one as a mook choice would be weird)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
11-E.M.M.I. (um...sorry,i prefer Raven Beak as playable and...i don't like mooks as playable characters)
In E.M.M.I.'s defense, isn't it more of a mini-boss than a mook? I mean, while it does appear throughout play, it tends to be given a more mini-boss or "strong enemy" treatment. My image of a Metroid mook would be a Space Pirate or something.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Our discussion round is finished!

When voting, please keep the following in mind:

1) This character will be promoted from assist to newcomer. This has been done for the likes of Little Mac, Isabelle, Dark Samus, Ashley, Isaac, Waluigi, Takamaru

2) This character will be apart of a 7-character roster that is available upon purchasing the game. So far, we only have Master Hand who is a promotional fighter who will be made available upon pre-ordering and registering the game and available for free at a later date.

3) This character will be used to market the game. "Everyone is Here" won't be a marketable factor as this is an enhanced port with all the DLC content available from the start. This character needs to be able to not only get people interested but also generate revenue.

4) This character's inclusion will have a heavy impact on future newcomer jobs with their inclusion barring them way for future potential characters.

5) With the lack of available slots, our roster will be held up to more scrutiny than usual and consumer disappointment means loss of revenue.

With that being said, we will begin voting! We have Ranked Voting with 5 to 1 point being given.

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VOTE!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Mii Costume Job: Submit a Mii Costume based on an Animal

Submit a Mii Costume based on an animal. We previously included the following animals:

:ultbrawler:Gorilla
:ultbrawler:Dinosaur
:ultbrawler:Ant
:ultbrawler:Cat
:ultswordfighter:Monkey
:ultgunner:Bear
Lion Hat
Dog Ears
Frog Hat
Chicken Hat

Now, the above hats are from Smash 4 which did not return but I decided to make them unsubmittable to create a new set of costumes for us to choose from.

When submitting, please provide a picture followed by the name of the animal, what Mii Fighter class it is, and how that costume may affect the weapon of that fighter.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Mii Costume

Elephant (Brawler)

View attachment 376057

Elephants are the largest living land animals and have recently been given a spotlight role in Super Mario Bros Wonder. The costume would be a Brawler, with a Elephant head and tusks as the hat and the Elephant body as the body.
This will be a Smash that we will never forget.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Mii Costume

Zebra (Brawler)
1691973728198.jpeg

While many zebras in fictionland are depicted as friendly, they are far from defenceless. Their hooves can shatter bones of their predators and they cause more harm to zookeepers then any other animal.

Their costume will be a Zebra head as the hat and Zebra striped body as the body. The hooves represent the fists.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Mii Costume Job: Submit a Mii Costume based on an Animal

Submit a Mii Costume based on an animal. We previously included the following animals:

:ultbrawler:Gorilla
:ultbrawler:Dinosaur
:ultbrawler:Ant
:ultbrawler:Cat
:ultswordfighter:Monkey
:ultgunner:Bear
Lion Hat
Dog Ears
Frog Hat
Chicken Hat

Now, the above hats are from Smash 4 which did not return but I decided to make them unsubmittable to create a new set of costumes for us to choose from.

When submitting, please provide a picture followed by the name of the animal, what Mii Fighter class it is, and how that costume may affect the weapon of that fighter.
Mii Costume
Pistol Shrimp (Gunner.)

A Mii Costume primarily inspired by the pistol shrimp, an animal perhaps most notable to the majority of people due to its oversized claw - capable of snapping together with enough force to immobilise prey and allow for easier pickings.

Unlike the other costumes, the Pistol Shrimp costume is instead intended to moreso take inspiration from its origin as opposed to accurately reflecting it, partially due to its less humanoid build - with armour plating looking akin to its tail or layered samurai armour, additional arms from its back (which are admittedly only small and purely decorative), and the associated headgear featuring the long tendrils seen on its head as well as a ponytail-like "tail" on the back of the helmet. Most prominently, the arm-cannon is replaced with an oversized claw which opens when attacks utilising the arm-cannon are performed. Representing an aquatic species feels like a long-overdue decision given the costumes as they are skew heavily in favour of mammals.

I should note the species' common name may result in potential issues with Super Smash Bros. Infinite: Beyond's age rating in certain regions, so I'd be just as happy to suggest "Shrimp" as the name as opposed to "Pistol Shrimp".

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Champion
Mii Costume

Tanuki (Mii Brawler)

IMG_0254.jpeg

One of the most iconic animals in Japan. There’s even the power-up in the Mario games as well based off of the iconic Japanese raccoon dog seen in Japanese myths.

The costume is the Tanuki head with eyes. The Tanuki fur is the body with the tail. Alongside this, the paws will be for the hands and feet.

Janx_uwu

Smash Master
Writing Team
Our discussion round is finished!

When voting, please keep the following in mind:

1) This character will be promoted from assist to newcomer. This has been done for the likes of Little Mac, Isabelle, Dark Samus, Ashley, Isaac, Waluigi, Takamaru

2) This character will be apart of a 7-character roster that is available upon purchasing the game. So far, we only have Master Hand who is a promotional fighter who will be made available upon pre-ordering and registering the game and available for free at a later date.

3) This character will be used to market the game. "Everyone is Here" won't be a marketable factor as this is an enhanced port with all the DLC content available from the start. This character needs to be able to not only get people interested but also generate revenue.

4) This character's inclusion will have a heavy impact on future newcomer jobs with their inclusion barring them way for future potential characters.

5) With the lack of available slots, our roster will be held up to more scrutiny than usual and consumer disappointment means loss of revenue.

With that being said, we will begin voting! We have Ranked Voting with 5 to 1 point being given.

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VOTE!
Cranky Kong and Bokoblin have the same spot

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Cranky Kong and Bokoblin have the same spot
Thank you for letting me know. It was like that in the listing but I didn't realize it so I copied and pasted it from the forum listing to the form voting. I thought I had checked everything. Creating Forms shorten entries that are too long and so I saw Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong) but not the Bokoblin that came after it.

Everyone, I am so sorry to do this but I will be resetting our votes. Please make sure to vote again.

The following people voted:
sal ig sal ig
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
TheMicRula TheMicRula
nirvanafan nirvanafan
GolisoPower GolisoPower
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
C chocolatejr9
cashregister9 cashregister9
BowserKing BowserKing
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer
ivanlerma ivanlerma
Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Truth the Ceomasterz33 Truth the Ceomasterz33

I do hate to ask you to do this but could you resubmit your votes? We will leave voting up for a little while longer to compensate.

PLEASE GO HERE TO VOTE

Last edited:
Aninal mii costume submission:
Kangaroo (Brawler)
1691996742731.png
1692011871008.png

(I put my boy Roger as a picture for my submission along with generic kangaroo picture)

"Oi mates, we gotta do a lot of smashin' on this platform fighter"
Kangaroo is a marsupial (from family of mammals) that is native to Australia (a continent/country that is part of Oceania) and it's known for it's jumping that can beat 9 meters/30 feet by a one leap and the pocket on belly where it's child is found (it applies to female kangaroos).
It can also do box-like moves just to assert it's dominance.

Kamgaroo is considered as one of most known animals on the planet due to it's abilities and being the national animal of Australia.

As a mii costume, it would consist of:
Headgear: Kangaroo mask (covers the whole mii head)
Outfit: The kangaroo's body (make it more humanoid to fit the costume. Also when it's on female mii, the small baby kangaroo is seen in the pocket. Awww)
(Also the mii's feet are slightly larger due to kangaroos having bigger feet)
Gloves: It's hands.

I'm submitting the kangaroo as mii costme because it would be one of obvious choices for animal costumes since kangaroos are very popular in media & culture.
Heck, we have an outback dungeon, which is based on Australian outback and it totally makes sense to add a kangaroo mii costume in.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Did my vote get in? I remember resubmitting, but the list didn't look changed or anything.
Are you saying the list wasn't fixed to separate the two entries? I actually didn't notice it when I resubmitted because I didn't vote for either of them, and I can't exactly check again since I already submitted, but yeah, I'd also like to verify if my vote was counted.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We have our votes in! Thank you to everyone for voting despite my goof-ups earlier! I really appreciated it!

Name5 Points4 Points3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Saki2 (10)2 (8)3 (9)3 (6)133
Lyn002 (6)2 (4)212
Paper Mario1 (5)1 (4)1 (3)1 (2)216
Cranky Kong003 (9)0211
Krystal3 (15)003 (6)121
Excitebiker1 (5)2 (8)02 (4)118
Euden3 (15)4 (16)00132
E.M.M.I.01 (4)2 (6)2 (4)014
Midna001 (3)2 (4)29
Skull Kid2 (10)1 (4)1 (3)0017
Ray MK II001 (3)1 (2)05
Adeleine & Ribbon1 (5)1 (4)0009
Bokoblin1 (5)00016
Ayumi Tachibana1 (5)5 (20)2 (6)0132
Chibi Robo3 (15)1 (4)2 (6)1 (2)330

With that being said, we have four contenders who are within a point range to be able to nab victory. Those are:

• Saki (33)
  • Euden (32)
  • Ayumi Tachibana (32)
  • Chibi Robo(30)
Now, based on my viewpoints, Saki is a solid candidate with consistent points through all five categories while the others have zeroes in some areas. I have been doing this "job" for a long time for me to be able to see who the preferred candidate is but, of course, there can be upsets. Ayumi Tachibana was one notable upset, nabbing just 1 five point vote for 5 four point votes which vaulted her to victory. That being said, with all four characters within striking distance, we will commence with a run-off vote.

PLEASE GO HERE TO VOTE FOR THE RUN-OFF

In addition, I will also be including our Mii Costume voting...

Here are the submissions...

Mii Costume

Elephant (Brawler)

View attachment 376057

Elephants are the largest living land animals and have recently been given a spotlight role in Super Mario Bros Wonder. The costume would be a Brawler, with a Elephant head and tusks as the hat and the Elephant body as the body.
Lobster (Brawler)
Lobsters are not only the tastiest seafood in the world (and even something you can eat in Smash), they'd also fill a niche that animal Mii Costumes don't have: sea creatures.
Mii Costume

Zebra (Brawler)
View attachment 376062
While many zebras in fictionland are depicted as friendly, they are far from defenceless. Their hooves can shatter bones of their predators and they cause more harm to zookeepers then any other animal.

Their costume will be a Zebra head as the hat and Zebra striped body as the body. The hooves represent the fists.
Japanese Rhinoceros Beetle

For Swordfighter.

This would essentially look like a set of Armor inspired by the beetle, the Sword is the Beetle's Horn and the hat part also has the horn.
Mii Costume
Pistol Shrimp (Gunner.)

A Mii Costume primarily inspired by the pistol shrimp, an animal perhaps most notable to the majority of people due to its oversized claw - capable of snapping together with enough force to immobilise prey and allow for easier pickings.

Unlike the other costumes, the Pistol Shrimp costume is instead intended to moreso take inspiration from its origin as opposed to accurately reflecting it, partially due to its less humanoid build - with armour plating looking akin to its tail or layered samurai armour, additional arms from its back (which are admittedly only small and purely decorative), and the associated headgear featuring the long tendrils seen on its head as well as a ponytail-like "tail" on the back of the helmet. Most prominently, the arm-cannon is replaced with an oversized claw which opens when attacks utilising the arm-cannon are performed. Representing an aquatic species feels like a long-overdue decision given the costumes as they are skew heavily in favour of mammals.

I should note the species' common name may result in potential issues with Super Smash Bros. Infinite: Beyond's age rating in certain regions, so I'd be just as happy to suggest "Shrimp" as the name as opposed to "Pistol Shrimp".
Mii Costume

Tanuki (Mii Brawler)

View attachment 376064

One of the most iconic animals in Japan. There’s even the power-up in the Mario games as well based off of the iconic Japanese raccoon dog seen in Japanese myths.

The costume is the Tanuki head with eyes. The Tanuki fur is the body with the tail. Alongside this, the paws will be for the hands and feet.

Penguin :ultbrawler:

The Penguin Suit is for the Mii Brawler. Waddle your way into the brawl, flippers at the ready, and a gut full of digested fish to gourge on afterwards.
Animal: Wasp :ultgunner:

The needle will be the gun.
Animal-Based Mii Costume: Tiger (Brawler)

View attachment 376065

The Tiger costume is almost Tiger suit,the fists are paws and the head is faceless
Aninal mii costume submission:
Kangaroo (Brawler)
View attachment 376073View attachment 376085

(I put my boy Roger as a picture for my submission along with generic kangaroo picture)

"Oi mates, we gotta do a lot of smashin' on this platform fighter"
Kangaroo is a marsupial (from family of mammals) that is native to Australia (a continent/country that is part of Oceania) and it's known for it's jumping that can beat 9 meters/30 feet by a one leap and the pocket on belly where it's child is found (it applies to female kangaroos).
It can also do box-like moves just to assert it's dominance.

Kamgaroo is considered as one of most known animals on the planet due to it's abilities and being the national animal of Australia.

As a mii costume, it would consist of:
Headgear: Kangaroo mask (covers the whole mii head)
Outfit: The kangaroo's body (make it more humanoid to fit the costume. Also when it's on female mii, the small baby kangaroo is seen in the pocket. Awww)
(Also the mii's feet are slightly larger due to kangaroos having bigger feet)
Gloves: It's hands.

I'm submitting the kangaroo as mii costme because it would be one of obvious choices for animal costumes since kangaroos are very popular in media & culture.
Heck, we have an outback dungeon, which is based on Australian outback and it totally makes sense to add a kangaroo mii costume in.

Capybara (Brawler)
Goofy ahh animal.

This would be a brawler costume that would give the Mii that big head, complete with shout and a body costume that adds some chub and also paws.
In listed form....

• Elephant Mii Brawler
  • Lobster Mii Brawler
  • Zebra Mii Brawler
  • Rhinoceros Beetle Mii Swordfighter
  • Pistol Shrimp Mii Gunner
  • Tanuki Mii Brawler
  • Penguin Mii Brawler
  • Wasp Mii Gunner
  • Tiger Mii Brawler
  • Kangaroo Mii Brawler
  • Capybara Mii Brawler

In case you forgot, the link is above. It's a combined vote.

Janx_uwu

Smash Master
Writing Team
I do want Saki in smash at some point, but in retrospect, maybe not for our first on rails shooter rep. So i'm goin with ayumi and chibi-robo personally. not one of these is a miss though like i said.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'm a little sad Krystal couldn't make it to the runoff, she's someone I've been wanting since the original Infinite's base game and this was probably her last and best chance. Regardless, all four of the runoff characters seem like solid choices and I wouldn't be angry or disappointed with any of them.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I think the candidates here are really cool! Even aside from just the animals (which have fantastic variety, I'm a fan!), there's a great selection of characters that I think is really refreshing to see - Ayumi feels like a great pick to me especially, though all of the submissions feel really awesome!

Top Bottom