• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which option should we go with? I can't operate both the wikia and front page anymore.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Say, I just realized... we added some Twitter stuff back in the base game. Are we gonna have to update it not that they're burning to the gro-AHEM, I MEAN rebranding and changing so much?
The Twitter stage will now be updated with a "move limit". Characters can only perform 200 inputs in a match before the entire game freezes and reboots the whole system. The game will then be unplayable until the next day.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you to those who submitted the content! I will be piecing it together but I will be paying special attention to the submissions made by Golisopower and KneeofJustice.

We will begin submitting the following content...

Saki Additional Content

This includes the following additional content that comes with a character:

• Entrance Animation (1)
  • Idles Poses (2)
  • Taunts (4)
  • Victory Animations (3)
  • Victory Theme (1)
  • Boxing Ring Title (1)
  • Kirby Hat (1)
  • Crowd Cheer (1)
  • Reveal Splash Tagline (1)
  • Snake Codec (1)
  • Palutena's Guidance (1)
  • Classic Mode Route (1)
In addition, we will also be taking

Saki Alternate Colors

I was considering allowing Saki to have Isa Jo alternate costumes but, for the sake of simplicity, I decided to forgo that. However, if you have an argument to allow his son to become an alternate costume, you may voice your idea here.

Yellow
Default​
Color #2Color #3Color #4Color #5Color #6

Color #7
Color #8Color #9Color #10Color #11Color #12

When submitting, please provide the color slot the alternate color takes up and, if needed, a reference. One per person and, if we need more, I will open it up to more submissions.

TheMicRula

Smash Apprentice
Alternative costume: Ruffian Saki

The last two slots of the costumes line could go to Saki's semi-ruffian form.
The first being his normal colors, and the other being one inspired by Isa's Ruffian form from S&P 2.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Airan.png

A grey and purplish color based on Airan Jo.

Entrance:
Saki drops down to the ground and gets out his weapon

Taunts
Up Taunt: Saki tosses his Dolphin Gun in the air and catches it.
Right Taunt: Saki points his Cannon Sword straight forward
Left Taunt: Saki spins his Cannon Sword around
Down Taunt: Saki spins the Dolphin Gun and blows its barrel

Victory Animations:

1. Saki does a backflip and poses
  2. Saki tosses the Dolphin Gun and points it the to the screen, shooting.
  3. Saki does a few quick slashes towards the camera

Kirby Hat: Kirby gets Saki's hair

TheMicRula

Smash Apprentice
Idle animation (1): Saki stretches his torso and puts his hands behind his head, letting a sigh of relief. (the same voice clip when the assist trophy version of Saki disappears gets used too)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you to everyone who submitted! We will continue to allow for alternate content related to Saki. We will not be including any new Spirits from Sin & Punishment as those in Infinite.

Counting Battlefield, we have five stages so far. That is three more to add before we get to the eight that we decided on. I am running a poll to decide if Sin & Punishment should get a stage.

EDIT: Nevermind, I decided to count Battlefield and Final Destination outside of the total so while we have 10 stages, two of them are BF and FD so we have 8 total stages and currently added 4 already so we will add 4 more.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I feel like any new character that originates from a new franchise (new in that they did not have any playable characters before and don't already have a stage) should get a stage tbh, it would be very weird to have a character that doesn't have a stage for their franchise.
This. There's a reason I suggested a dozen stages and why I didn't think Frontiers needed a stage.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It would be called Master Stage

Not going to lie but a stage based on Master Fortress would be sick. I do have an idea I may pitch at a later date though.

I’m locking in our votes with a vast majority of voters saying Sin & Punishment should get a stage. Keep in mind this does leave the potential for other series to not get a stage…

So while a lot of the decision making process does fall onto me regarding what content gets included and how we direct this game. It makes sense as I run the thread but I do want input from our participants. With a game that is both massive as Infinite Beyond but also small in what we are packing in; picking and choosing is far difficult than before. I’m actually having a harder time doing this than before as there’s a limit to what we can ibclude

I will be instituting a voting system in the near future of content that I’m considering adding in that we will get to vote on as a collective to either say “yes, let’s include it” and we will hold submissions for it or “no, that’s not a good idea”. I will also hold submissions for concepts that you create for us to accept or deny. This stems from my desire to make Infinite Beyond an enhanced port but also provide something new for players. To set Infinite Beyond into something that transcends being what “an enhanced port” is as Smash continues to redefine not only itself but games in general and how they are approached.

Expect further news of this over the weekend.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submit a Stage from Sin & Punishment

Being a new series, it makes sense to include a stage for it. It’s understandable that a new series typically gets a stage to go along with it. With that being said, we will be submitting a stage from Sin & Punishment. When submitting, please adhere to the typical stage requirements which includes:​
  • Picture
  • Name
  • Game where it’s from
  • Design and layout
  • Aesthetics
  • Any gimmicks
  • Any enemies or stage hazards
  • Appearance of Omega and Battlefield forms

I apologize if this is all formatted weird but I’m using my phone.

We will also be submitting musical tracks for Sin & Punishment. I know two tracks were included with Menu Theme and Discipline being in Infinite. Please submit 3 tracks.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
sin-and-punishment-wii-screenshot-kachua-has-her-revenge-by.jpg

Shinjuku Station
It is surprisingly hard to find good images of this game. Based on the real world Shinjuku Station in Japan. This is the second level of the original N64 Sin & Punishment and is where Saki and Airan make their stand against the Ruffian commanders before battling with the bosses Radon and Kachua.

This area features as a stage in the fan game Super Smash Brothers Crusade, and while it'd have some similarities and shared elements, it wouldn't be an exact copy

The stage takes place on a sort of landing pad area that's pretty wide and flat, with a smaller closed off area bellow that can be accessed by an elevator that goes up and down. You can knock opponents off the stage. Tyoko can be seen in the background. Achi & Airan cameo.

Kachua will eventually appear in the back and become the major stage hazard. She'll summon her Armed Volunteers, who you simply have to avoid, then will attempt to bring a pillar down on the fighters, before finally attempting to being a plane down on on her foes. She'll then let our a blood curdling scream and fall into the background.

1. Within Earshot
2. Risk One's Neck
3. Blood Infactor

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Submit a Stage from Sin & Punishment

Being a new series, it makes sense to include a stage for it. It’s understandable that a new series typically gets a stage to go along with it. With that being said, we will be submitting a stage from Sin & Punishment. When submitting, please adhere to the typical stage requirements which includes:​
  • Picture
  • Name
  • Game where it’s from
  • Design and layout
  • Aesthetics
  • Any gimmicks
  • Any enemies or stage hazards
  • Appearance of Omega and Battlefield forms

I apologize if this is all formatted weird but I’m using my phone.

We will also be submitting musical tracks for Sin & Punishment. I know two tracks were included with Menu Theme and Discipline being in Infinite. Please submit 3 tracks.
Stage Name: Shinjuku Station
Stage Origin: Sin & Punishment (N64, 2000)
Stage Series:
Sin & Punishment

The central background & concept.

Design & Layout:
Shinjuku Station is based primarily on the boss battle in the first game's second level, Stage 1-1, as well as the entire level in general. Taking place in a futuristic cityscape under attack by the Seemers and the Armed Volunteers, it's intended to represent the game's futuristic nature and vibe as opposed to purely the gameplay That said, some creative liberties would be taken with this - including elements like the overhead beams present in other parts of the level whilst having Shinjuku Station in the background, and having the Crab and Centipede Seemers crawling over it over time. Not only this, but Achi and Airan Jo will cameo in the background, fending off the attacking beings.

Some of the background buildings besides purely Shinjuku Station.

The actual stage takes place on the bridge going toward Shinjuku Station, though some of the ruined buildings can be seen in the background - and there's also an upper platform, made up of one of the overhead bars seen earlier in the stage. I should note that the Seemers, nor Near Zero, would actually influence gameplay - though they do appear in the background and cause chaos.

An indication of what the platform might look like.

In terms of layout: assume that areas indicated in black are actual platforms, with grey areas being purely decorative background elements, and a silhouette of Mario for the sake of scale. I opted to remove the side parts mostly because it'd have made the stage pretty unbalanced, honestly.

As for its appearance in Battlefield and Omega forms, I'd say that it'd have a similar sort of vibe - albeit with the remade platforms that are intended to match the layout of the new form. Of course, that means the background would still be the same, war and all!

In terms of music:
  1. Agave (Remix)
  2. Risk One's Neck
  3. Morph (Star Successor)
I think this (on top of the menu theme and Discipline) would allow for a decent variety of tracks that could represent the games pretty decently. Plus, this series' music isn't half bad, either!

It occurs to me that I've been ninja'd. Not a problem - would you like me to change this submission as to make it not Shinjuku Station?

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Stage Name: Shinjuku Station
Stage Origin: Sin & Punishment (N64, 2000)
Stage Series:
Sin & Punishment

The central background & concept.

Design & Layout:
Shinjuku Station is based primarily on the boss battle in the first game's second level, Stage 1-1, as well as the entire level in general. Taking place in a futuristic cityscape under attack by the Seemers and the Armed Volunteers, it's intended to represent the game's futuristic nature and vibe as opposed to purely the gameplay That said, some creative liberties would be taken with this - including elements like the overhead beams present in other parts of the level whilst having Shinjuku Station in the background, and having the Crab and Centipede Seemers crawling over it over time. Not only this, but Achi and Airan Jo will cameo in the background, fending off the attacking beings.

Some of the background buildings besides purely Shinjuku Station.

The actual stage takes place on the bridge going toward Shinjuku Station, though some of the ruined buildings can be seen in the background - and there's also an upper platform, made up of one of the overhead bars seen earlier in the stage. I should note that the Seemers, nor Near Zero, would actually influence gameplay - though they do appear in the background and cause chaos.

An indication of what the platform might look like.

In terms of layout: assume that areas indicated in black are actual platforms, with grey areas being purely decorative background elements, and a silhouette of Mario for the sake of scale. I opted to remove the side parts mostly because it'd have made the stage pretty unbalanced, honestly.

As for its appearance in Battlefield and Omega forms, I'd say that it'd have a similar sort of vibe - albeit with the remade platforms that are intended to match the layout of the new form. Of course, that means the background would still be the same, war and all!

In terms of music:
  1. Agave (Remix)
  2. Risk One's Neck
  3. Morph (Star Successor)
I think this (on top of the menu theme and Discipline) would allow for a decent variety of tracks that could represent the games pretty decently. Plus, this series' music isn't half bad, either!

It occurs to me that I've been ninja'd. Not a problem - would you like me to change this submission as to make it not Shinjuku Station?
They're pretty different I think having a vote between both would be fine (I like yours better anyway)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Urban Ruins

1692380287631.png

This is from Star Successor. It involves a battlefield within a city surrounded by chaos. The stage is a traveling stage with a Northern Cave-like Platform with two additional floating platforms on either side. The platforms are made to resemble the destroyed infrastructure of the city. As the stage travels around much like what you see below here....

Enies will fire and can damage players on the stage but those who get close to the platform can be destroyed. The number of enemies and firepower is obviously far less than the actual source material. Besides weaving around destroyed skyscrapers, under overpasses, collapsing towers, and other post-apocalyptic scenes. These do not have any impact on the stage itself. Now, I know we already have an "abandoned" stage in the form of Alivel Mall and I like having diversity in our stages. I feel like, those that were submitted offer something different we do not have yet in terms of stages but I feel this would be better articulated and executed than those.

Battlefield and Omega variants would be the stage set up against the beginning sequences of the traveling portion of the stage. Nothing happens in the background.

I will post music later.

Spiral Up Fortune
Nebulox - Orion Tsang (Star Successor)
Anokoroe ([Isa Jo] (Star Successor)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Last edited:

TheMicRula

Smash Apprentice
We will begin voting for the stage in a little bit while still taking music submissions. We can probably include a few more tracks from the original game or remixes.

Our current list:
  1. Agave (Remix)
  2. Barrage
  3. Risk One's Neck
  4. Spiral Up Fortune
  5. Menu Theme - Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
  6. Discipline (Star Successor)
  7. Hakai/Desolation (Star Successor)
  8. Nebulox - Orion Tsang (Star Successor)
  9. Morph(Star Successor)
  10. Anokoroe ([Isa Jo] (Star Successor)
That's a pretty sweet music list.

It's kind of a shame that we can't add new spirits though, since I actually did a modded spirit board that includes all kinds of Sin & Punishment spirits, including all of the Nebulox.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hi everyone, sorry but I got busy last night so I could not prepare the document for voting. Here is our document for voting for a new Sin & Punishment stage.

VOTING LINK HERE

I am still open to submissions for alternate content for Saki as well as music but we will be ending it in a few hours.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be taking more votes for the S&P stage but I have a number of things I would like to run by this thread in the form of voting. I do understand a large amount of the decisions for this thread are those that I make but obviously have input provided by you guys. I do try to provide good direction for this thread without forcing my own hand too much. That being said, there are a number of things I have thought of that I would like us to vote on:

You can find the voting link at the bottom of this thread.
  • Game Modes
    • Would you be open to an episodic adventure mode with updates after release?
      • This would be a mode where we dictate each episode that is gradually released. Narration would be at a bare minimum and instead, a synopsis of each episode and central characters as well as any bosses would be what we submit.
    • If you don't want one, would you rather see an Adventure Mode like how we saw in Melee?
    • Would you be open to introducing a new collectible that could continue in future Smash Bros. that is in the same vein as Trophies?
      • Spirits took the form of Trophies. I am not asking about adding Trophies back but a new collectible that incorporates the universes of Smash but in a new way,
    • Would you be open to including a game hub world similar to what we see in Street Fighter VI? This could be used for matchmaking, purchasing items, trading, etc.
    • Would you be open to a game mode that is a management simulation-type experience where players make their own "esports team" and compete against other teams online?
      • This could be used in conjunction with the battle hub idea. Basically, create your own in-game teams and partake in established team matches against others online.
  • Mii Fighters
    • Would you be open to us adding new Mii Fighters classes? This is something we discussed in the past. At most, 2 would be included.
    • Would you be open to allowing further customization options for the Mii Fighters? (colors, interchangeable parts, voice clips for select few, etc)
      • Basically allowing characters to swap the head, chest, torso, and weapons around within a class. Color swaps would be only for Smash-only costumes save for a select few.
    • Would you be open to Mii Fighters having a more centralized role in a potential episodic adventure mode? (previously mentioned)
      • Take your Mii and give them a whirlwind tour of the metaverse
    • Would you be open to seasonal-related Mii Costumes included as free updates after release?
      • This is something I avoided in Infinite but something I do want to bring up here
  • Characters
    • Would you like "Custom Moves" to return?
      • We would have to create Custom Moves for every Smash 4 DLC fighter, every returning fighter to Ultimate, every newcomer in Ultimate and every fighter in Infinite PLUS our own
    • How many Echo Fighters do you want to see on the launch roster? We have 2 out of 7 characters confirmed so five more.
  • Stages
    • Would you be open to a stage concept that is a Stage Inverse (see post for explanation)
      • This is basically an online event concept where a stage you pick has a 40% or 25% chance of being a 'Stage Inverse" which takes the concept of the stage and reverses it. For example, a story version of Delfino Plaza. An Umbra Clock Tower that is "falling upwards", A Suzzaku Castle that is on fire. Not all stages would get this; only a select few per event. Playing on them may reward gold, gifts, and points. I originally got this idea in Dissidia NT where stages would transform after a certain time to be more dangerous.
    • If you are not cool with the idea of Stage Inverse, how about Cross-Over stages like PSASBR? We can't have both.
      • While PSASBR had ONLY stages that had this, we could have a mechanism available where we could combine a certain stage with another stage. That being said, it can only work with certain stages. To make it even more "event"like, only certain ones could be open during a set time with new ones released every so often.

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO VOTE HERE

You can discuss these prompts here in this thread.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
If we add a new class of Mii Fighter, would it take the place of one of our currently reserved character slots (in other words, would it replace a regular newcomer)? And would we be able to migrate current Mii Fighter costumes in Ultimate and Infinite to that new class of Mii Fighter?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If we add a new class of Mii Fighter, would it take the place of one of our currently reserved character slots (in other words, would it replace a regular newcomer)? And would we be able to migrate current Mii Fighter costumes in Ultimate and Infinite to that new class of Mii Fighter?
No, it would not.

And yes, we can migrate.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As we wait, we will do two Mii Costume Jobs. We haven't decided fully to include Mii Classes so please keep that in mind:

Submit a Final Fantasy Mii Costume

In Infinite Beyond, we will start to move away from a focus on FF7 and even include more Spirits from other FF games. That being said, we will be submitting a Mii Costume of the protagonist from a mainline FF game. This includes the following:

FF1 - Warrior of Light
FFII - Firion
FFIII - Onion Knight
FFIV - Cecil
FFV - Bartz
FFVI - Terra
FFVIII - Squall
FFXI - Zidane
FFX - Tidus
FFXI -
FFXII - Vaan
FFXIII - Lightning
FFXIV -
FFXV - Noctis
FFX - Clive

Please note I removed XI and XIV as there aren't any specific main characters and, while there are two that represent those games, I wanted to go to the "certified main protag" route.

Submit a Mii Gunner Costume
We are lacking a notable Mii Gunner costume. Please submit either a first-party or third-party Mii Gunner costume. Please note this will prevent this character and possibly the series from being added to our roster.

Here is our list of added Mii Gunners from Infinite that come from a video game (meaning not a Smash original)

1. Sylux Outfit / Helmet (Metroid)
  2. Galarian Slowpoke / Mask (Pokemon)
  3. Kumatora Outfit / Mask & Wig (Earthbound/MOTHER)
  4. Marina Outfit / Wig (Splatoon)
  5. Mach Rider Outfit / Helmet (Mach Rider)
  6. Tails Outfit / Mask (Sonic the Hedgehog)
  7. Mega Man.EXE Outfit / Helmet (Mega Man)
  8. Barret Wallace Outfit / Wig (Final Fantasy)
  9. Gargomon Outfit / Mask (Digimon)
  10. Buck Bumble Outfit / Mask (Buck Bumble)
  11. Gemini Sunrise Outfit / Hat & Wig (Sakura Wars)
  12. Sans Outfit / Mask (Undertale)
  13. Cuphead Outfit / Mask (Cuphead)
  14. Vault Boy Outfit / Mask (Fallout)
  15. Earthworm Jim Outfit / Mask (Earthworm Jim)
  16. Master Chief Outfit / Helmet (Halo)
  17. Duke Nukem Outfit / Wig & Headgear (Duke Nukem)
  18. Quote Outfit / Mask (Cave Story)
  19. Heavy Outfit (Team Fortress 2)
  20. Commander Shepard Outfit / WIg (Mass Effect)
When submitting for both or either, please provide a picture plus name as well as where this character is from. As well, seeing as most of these will either be a swordfighter and/or gunner, please highlight the weapon they use and how it changes the look of the default weapon.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
An episodic adventure mode sounds cool. But I think an game hub world mode sounds better personally.

It's perfect for a game like this where you can openly explore the world of smash that features locations, characters, items, etc from all the games combined. I think that be awesome to see.

We can take inspiration from something like these images I've seen on twitter and other sites.
CDN media

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Final Fantasy Costume:
1692487613347.png

Onion Knight (Final Fantasy III)
The protagonist of FF3 as well as a class in the game. This would be an outfit for the Mii Swordfighter using the Onion Knight's outfit and sword.

Mii Gunner Costume:
1692487733909.png

Powerwasher (Powerwash Simulator)
From the breakout relaxing simulator game, the Powerwasher will be the Mii Costume for the gunner, its body suit having different colors for each of the 8 player colors with the blue one (pictured above) being the default. The gun in question for this will be the powerwasher gun that is used in the game.

TheMicRula

Smash Apprentice
That's a pretty sweet music list.

It's kind of a shame that we can't add new spirits though, since I actually did a modded spirit board that includes all kinds of Sin & Punishment spirits, including all of the Nebulox.
In case you were wonderin' here's the whole spirit board I did. As well as a few misc Treasure spirits.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are my submissions

Tidus
(Final Fantasy X)

Tidus is, well, an interesting guy. Considering that Final Fantasy X was released on the Nintendo Switch, adding Tidus would make slightly more sense than a character who has not. Tidus would wield the Brotherhood which is a unique-looking sword. Tidus all in all would make for an interesting costume with all of his 2000's bells and whistles that came with Square character design back then. Plus, Final Fantasy X is one of the best FF games out there and really took the series up a notch in gameplay, design and graphics, story, and more. Plus, it was the last game legendary Nobuo Uematsu took the composer helm on.

Ring Fit Trainee

Considering that Ring Fit Trainee was never included in Infinite and I have my reservations about them being in this game so why not make them a Mii Costume! While technically both hands are used to hold the Ring Fit Wheel, the Mii Gunner typically uses one hand. There would also be a male equivalent.

And here are the results of our Sin & Punishment Voting

Name2 Points1 PointTotal
Shinjuku Station (DarkVortex)1 (2)46
Shinjuku Station (KneeofJustice)4 (8)210
Urban Ruins3 (6)28

While we typically do vote if there is a point difference between two or more entries that necessitates a runoff vote, I will concede victory to KneeofJustice's Version of Shinjuku Station due to the fact Urban Ruins is similar in idea to The Forgotten Land aesthetic.

Shinjuku Station will be our next stage!

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
All my wanted FF mii's where added so I'm just including gunner.

MII GUNNER: THE ROBOT (Enter the Gungeon)
1692541094309.png

Probably the second most iconic character from the series asides of The Bullet (that it would be hard to put unless it was hat-only), being the first thing you see when you open the game in the Dodge Roll logo. I think is cute.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Final Fantasy Mii

Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII)

The main protagonist of FF8, This would be a Mii SwordFighter using Squall's sword and outfit, with a wig of his hair for the top and the outfit and sword for the bottom.

Mii Gunner

John Marston (Red Dead Redemption)

1692551189463.png

The first game just got a port on Switch so now would be a perfect time to add this gunner costume. The main protagonist of the first RDR, this costume would compose of John's hat for the top and his outfit and gun for the bottom.

Last edited:
Top Bottom