• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which option should we go with for our winter/star-based fourth party Mii costume

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Not even as an echo fighter? Which would be much easier then promoting a Pokeball Pokémon to playable fighter, even if I want Lugia more, I’m not accepting exclusion of a Gen 8 rep, at least when it comes to echo fighters (Which has at least 3 options that can work)
We had a chance during Infinite for a Gen 8 rep. I will not veto submissions when it comes to echo fighters but, if we were to have a Pokemon newcomer submission, it will focus on the newer gen.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
It seems the best question is which Gen IX Pokémon rep gets added, which feels very hard when there are so many standout fan favs from it.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
It seems the best question is which Gen IX Pokémon rep gets added, which feels very hard when there are so many standout fan favs from it.
Honestly out of all of them I'd pick one of the Paradox Pokemon. I don't care if it's Iron Valiant as a completely unique fighter or Scream Tail as a Jigglypuff Echo, we need something from that lineup. After feeling robbed of a playable Ultra Beast in Ultimate I think we deserve this much because Paradox Pokemon are such an interesting niche.

sal ig

Smash Apprentice
If we are allowing assist trophies to be promoted to fighters I think E.M.M.I, paper mario or bomberman would be great choices but if you want an original idea raven beak, oatchi and cuphead

- E.M.M.I or raven beak

These two would be great metroid reps to have bcs out of the four metroid reps we have samus, samus, evil samus and ridley

Out of the two raven beak would be cooler but I do think E.M.M.I is more popular in terms of casual players bcs of all the trailers that featured them

- paper mario

Now yes we do have mario and doc in the game but paper mario is a whole different character compared to normal mario in terms of moveset potential

First of all the most iconic weapon from him

THE HAMMER -
Would be used for his foward tilt, up air, back air, down tilt, down smash, up smash and nair

THE PARTNERS -
He could use a variety of different party members for his specials

- Down b

admiral bobbery or bombette depending on what era you want to represent would be placed down after pressing down b and would either explode normally after a specific amount of time or would explode after hitting the opponent

- Side b

Mario would kick kooper launching him fowards the direction that mario chooses
Kooper would come back to mario if he hits someone but if he doesn't hit someone he would come back after his animation is finished

- up b

Paper mario could use parakarry to fly towards the stage similar to olimars up b but without the pikmin gimmick

But he could also use 1,000 fold arms as an up b that would kind of function like joker (without arsene) or minmin

- Side smash

Paper mario would summon vivian and make her do the attack shade fist that she can do in game

- jab

Bow would do the attack fan smack that turns into a rapid jab (fan smack is an ability she can do in combat just like vivians attack)

- down air

Yoshi kid would do a ground pound that functions like steves anvil but mario can't stay on top of him while he's going down

TAUNTS
- side taunt

Mario would do a shorter version of this dance but if you want to include the whole dance then you can make it cancellable after doing it

- down taunt

Paper mario would do his famous winning animation of him wagging his finger at the camera

- up taunt

Paper mario would give a high-five to his bro paper luigi

GIMMICK

After hitting the opponent a specific amount of times marios hammer moves would get powered up by paint but paint will be a limited resource so make sure to use it effectively

- Bomberman

Bomberman is a very highly requested character from the brawl days to the dlc pass 2 days of ultimate so just kind of feels right to include him in this roster of highly requested superstars of smash speculation

He also has massive custom potential

- oatchi

Pikmin 4 is the most sucesseful game in the pikmin franchise to date plus in the actual game oatchi has massive moveset potential just from the fact that he can upgrade his existing abilities

Nintendo "the main developers of the game" would also financially gain from since it's promoting pikmin 4

Moss would be a really cool costume kind of like alph

More pikmin content in smash
(Im going insane over pikmin 4)

- cuphead

Cuphead is one of the few specific mii costumes that got a song to go along with it so that defenitly shows that nintendo is on good terms with studio MDHR

Cuphead interms of gameplay would have a very interesting gimmick to him

The gimmick is that he can choose his shots and power-ups before the match starts just like in his game

But not only that he would also be able to choose his charms

He would also be the first
character to have a straight up dash as an ability

Parrying a projectile would only work on smaller ones (for example megamans lemons) so that you can't just parry a samus charge shot but those parrys could be used to charge up cards that be used as EX versions of the normal shots (go down on the wiki page to see the EX versions of the shots)

But they could also be used to use a super art (but only at five cards) that you can also choose from the character select screen like most things from his moveset (the invincibility one would obviously be nerfed to maybe 2/3 seconds)

Mugman and ms. chalice also would be very cool customes for cuphead

Im really tired I might have forgotten some things but hope you enjoyed my ideas!

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Could we have a schedule of upcoming jobs (at earliest convenience of course)? I understand the slower pace and being busy in real life, just like I said before, if people might not check the thread as often because of pace, it's nice to know the schedule.
I haven’t sat down to flesh the whole thing out. Last time I did it, I went out of the schedule to keep things fresh. What looks good on paper sometimes isn’t fun in practice.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Name: Giganto
Class: Ace
Type: Primary Neutral
Effect: Weight up
  • Puppet Fighter: Giant Black Shadow
  • Stage: Starfall Islands
  • Music Track: Undefeatable
  • Match: 1 Stock 1:30 timer
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy has super armor
    • The enemies physical attacks are more powerful
Name: Elder & Hermit Koco
Class: Advance
Type: Support Neutral
Effect: Stamina Up
  • Puppet Fighter: Olimar and a Green Snake
  • Music Track: Emerald Hill Zone
  • Match: 200 stamina
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy is made of metal

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Name: Giganto
Class: Ace
Type: Primary Neutral
Effect: Weight up
  • Puppet Fighter: Giant Black Shadow
  • Music Track: Undefeatable
  • Match: 1 Stock 1:30 timer
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy has super armor
    • The enemies physical attacks are more powerful
Name: Elder & Hermit Koco
Class: Advance
Type: Support Neutral
Effect: Stamina Up
  • Puppet Fighter: Olimar and a Green Snake
  • Music Track: Emerald Hill Zone
  • Match: 200 stamina
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy is made of metal
Giganto
Alternate Track: Gangnam Style

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you for the submissions!

Here are additional Spirits we can include in Sonic Frontiers Spirit content...

• Sage
  • The End
  • Knight
  • Wyvern
  • Supreme
I will be adding these to our Spirit database even if they do not get Spirit Battles.

Our next job will be to revamp Sonic's gameplay to better reflect that of Sonic Frontiers.

Moveset Update: Sonic and Sonic Frontiers

This will not be a permanent change though as future Smash games may revert to the previous moveset in some way. We will be replacing Sonic's DOwn Special, Spin Charge, with a move from Frontiers. The available moves and their general description in regard to Frontiers is:

Cyloop: Runs in a circle which creates an updraft; launching opponents upwards.
Sonic Boom: Sends projectile shockwaves forward.
Wild Rush: Performs a series of quick dashes before striking the targeted enemy.
Homing Shot: Creates ten swirling energy spheres which then home onto the targeted enemy.
Spin Slash: Spins in a battle and delivers a shockwave.
Loop Kick: An upwards kick followed by a dive kick.
Recovery Smash: A parry attack that results in Sonic doing a spin dash attack.
Grand Slam: A parry attack that is multiple spin dash attacks.
Cyclone Kick: Performs a spinning kick that creates a vortex.
Cross Slash: Launches dozens of x-shaped projectiles.

Now, I have never played Sonic Frontiers so some of these attacks I have only seen in videos. I appreciate any knowledge on if these attacks are usable within the confines of Smash. There is also Auto Combo and Phantom Rush but I did not include them as I felt they couldn't be usable in Smash.

What we need to do is submit one of these moves but adapt it to be usable in Smash. Please select one and write a description of how the attack functions within Smash and detailing damage percentages, hit box locations if applicable, and other useful information.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry if I missed it, did we ever get Smash themed Mii Costume results?
Opps! Yeah sorry, my schedule was all over the place last week and, even when off, I was busy with stuff. This next week should be more stable but I am putting in 12-hour work days with only a few small breaks every day next week so we will see. It will be ending thankfully next Friday. Sometimes, I come home and hop onto the computer and find myself asleep at the desk hours later.

Here are the results of the voting for a Smash Bros. Mii Costume

Name5 Points4 Points3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Master Giant Mii Brawler1 (5)01 (3)0110
Ancient Magister Mii Swordfighter01 (4)2 (6)0212
Tabuu Mii Swordfighter03 (12)1 (3)2 (4)120
Puppet Fighter Mii Fighter3 (15)000116
Mr. Sandbag Mii Fighter1 (5)2 (8)2 (6)0322
Galleom Mii Brawler2 (10)01 (3)2 (4)118
Fighting Polygon Mii Fighters5 (15)4 (16)2 (6)0037
Duon Mii Gunner001 (3)3 (6)09

While Tabuu and Mr. Sandbag did well in this round, the clear winner by a huge margin was the Fighting Polygon Team Mii Fighter which encompasses all Mii Classes. Here is a refresher what this Mii Costume brings:

Fighting Polygons

Not sure if possible but would be cool to have it be like Bombermans with your mii color changing costume color so we can have colorations based on the Dragon King prototype characters.

This is a mix between the Polygon aesthetic that we see in Smash Bros Melee...

1691261784809.png

Mixed with the color variations we see for the Bomberman Mii Costume...

As a tie-in crossover with Sakurai's original fighter "Dragon King" which would eventually become Super Smash Bros. The design of the costume mimics that of the Mii standard outfits albeit with the polygonal design.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My submission....

Cyloop:
By holding down the down special button, Sonic will rotate rapidly. Upon release, it causes a massive gush of wind to shoot up which has a high windbox. The attack doesn't deal much damage but has high knockback for those caught in the center of the attack. The longer the attack is held, the higher the knockback. In addition, Sonic can enter into a jump by immediately pressing up following release of the attack to further propel him up into the air.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Side Special: Wild Rush:
1691304586124.png

Instead of the hold-and-charge Side Special from before, Sonic now has an attack that is a cross between Pikachu's Up Special and Sora's Side Special: Sonic will bolt towards the foe and if the player decides, redirect in any direction up to two times before rushing one more time. Hitting someone with a Wild Rush deals 11% damage and medium-high knockback.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
First off, back in the original Infinite thread, I gave each character their own post with 2B waiting to be made. This is because the original post is damn near impossible to edit without crashing the site for me. Even selecting code and copying it for each character took a while. Then, on the front page of this thread, I made it possible to go and click on each Veteran picture to be taken to the past in the OF Infinite thread.

I am guessing that we won't be getting any more submissions. I still would like to get a bit more variety so, instead, I will be unpacking the above moves and putting them into a voting form for us to vote on. If the above submissions, Cyloop or Wild Rush get picked, we will go with those submissions for the moveset description. If we vote for something that didn't get a description, we will create a new one.

I am also removing the following:
  • Cross Slash
  • Cyclone Kick
  • Grand Slam
Due to being more powerful and choreographed versions of weaker moves. Here are our choices. Italics means we have a Smashified version of it already:

Cyloop: Runs in a circle which creates an updraft; launching opponents upwards.
Sonic Boom: Sends projectile shockwaves forward.
Wild Rush: Performs a series of quick dashes before striking the targeted enemy.
Homing Shot: Creates ten swirling energy spheres which then home onto the targeted enemy.
Spin Slash: Spins in a battle and delivers a shockwave.
Loop Kick: An upwards kick followed by a dive kick.
Recovery Smash: A parry attack that results in Sonic doing a spin dash attack.

GO HERE TO VOTE

Now, I haven't really had a chance to sit down and write up a week's roadmap but here is a general idea that I will loosely be following:

1) Assist Trophy
2) Sonic Moveset (if applicable)
3) New Gameplay Mode
4) Gameplay Mode Workshop
5) Item Submission

You can expect the new job in a little bit.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be doing two Assist Trophy submissions in one. Here is our full list of "returning" Assist Trophies. This may change when we fully release in case of previous Assist becomes playable...

1. A2 (NeiR Automata)
  2. Adeleine & Ribbon (Kirby)
  3. Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)
  4. Arle (Puyo-Puyo)
  5. Asterius (Hades)
  6. Ayumi Tachibana (Famicon Detective)
  7. Balance Board (Wii Fit)
  8. Big the Cat (Sonic the Hedgehog)
  9. Bokoblin (The Legend of Zelda)
  10. Buzz Bomber (Banjo-Kazooie)
  11. Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo!)
  12. Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong)
  13. Creeper (Minecraft)
  14. Dan Hibiki (Street Fighter)
  15. The Darklord (Miitopia)
  16. DJ Adore & the Love Posse (Rhythm Heaven)
  17. Dr. Nefarious (Ratchet & Clank)
  18. Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot)
  19. Dragonlord (Dragon Quest)
  20. Eggplant Wizard (Kid Icarus)
  21. Elite Beat Agents (Elite Beat Agents)
  22. E.M.M.I. (Metroid)
  23. Erica Fontaine (Sakura Wars)
  24. Euden (Dragalia Lost)
  25. Ethel (Xenoblade Chronicles 3)
  26. Flick (Animal Crossing)
  27. Franziska von Karma (Ace Attorney)
  28. Futaba Sakura (Persona)
  29. Imposter & Crewmates (Among Us)
  30. Jenna Anderson (Astral Chain)
  31. Jena (Golden Sun)
  32. Jinx (League of Legends)
  33. Jody Summers (F-Zero)
  34. The Knight (Hollow Knight)
  35. Kula Diamond (Fatal Fury/King of Fighters)
  36. Kuma (Tekken)
  37. Medli (The Legend of Zelda)
  38. Meow-Wow (Kingdom Hearts)
  39. Mike Jones (Star Tropics)
  40. Mona (WarioWare)
  41. Monokuma (Danganronpa)
  42. Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
  43. Muddy Mole (Mole Panic)
  44. Mumbo Jumbo (Banjo-Kazooie)
  45. Nintendog (Nintendogs)
  46. Paper Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
  47. Pokey (Super Mario Bros.)
  48. Poochy (Yoshi)
  49. Psycho Mantis (Metal Gear Solid)
  50. Pyoro (WarioWare)
  51. Seteth (Fire Emblem)
  52. Space Invaders (Space Invaders)
  53. Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)
  54. Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy)
  55. Wave Racers (Wave Race)
  56. Yoshimitsu (SoulCalibur/Tekken)
  57. Yuri Lowell (Tales)
  58. Zeke & Pandora (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
  59. Zombie Horde (Plants vs Zombies)

Assist Trophy: Submit a First-Party Assist Trophy
When submitting, please make note that this will cause the character to be ineligible for submission as a playable character. When submitting, please provide the name, series, and what sort of attack or technique the character does.

Assist Trophy: Submit an Assist Trophy from One of the Following Companies

We will be submitting a character whose series has yet to appear in Smash Bros. within playable, assist, mii costume form. Spirits are ok. For example, if we went with Capcom, Amaterasu would be usable as she has yet to appear within a Smash game but a character like Frank West is ineligible as he was a Mii Costume previously. Please go to the front page to see a full list of content that is already included. PING me if you have a question.
  • Konami
  • Sega
  • Capcom​
  • Bandai-Namco​
  • Square-Enix​
  • SNK​
  • Atlus​
  • Microsoft​
  • Arc System Works​

Assist trophy submission:
Alex Kidd (Alex Kidd)
1691339172581.png
Alex Kidd is main protagonist of platformer game series of the same name made by SEGA back in the 1980's and he is a monkey-looking boy who trains Shellcore (a fighting style that exists in the series) and fights off threats that appear on his planet Aries.

Alex Kidd was used to be SEGA's mascot back in the 80's and it was used to be Mario's competitor but the place was taken by Sonic in 1991 and he is now considered as historical SEGA character from now on.

When summoned as an assist, he would choose a random enemy and use his "Jan-ken-pon" move that would stun the opponent if it losses to him.
If the opponent wins, then he doesn't do anything besides punching it many times.

I think Alex Kidd should get an assist troohy considering that he is a second SEGA mascot that was used to be on top until Sonic kicked him from top in 1991 during "SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis" era.

sal ig

Smash Apprentice
Idk if this counts as a first party assist trophy but I think representing abit of the switch era with labo is a great choice plus robots are cool

The assist trophy would chase the closest person next to it and when it gets close enough it throws out a very strong punch ( it would do about 20/30 percent, great knockback and also with the added bonus of doing around half of your shields health)

Bandai- namco

The prince from katamari

He doesn't have much of a chance but he would be great representation for a series that is massively underrated

The prince would have abit of rng involved with him (since I wanted to keep the mechanic of his ball getting larger)

His only attack is trowing a ball towards the other players but there would be three different sizes small, medium and large

Small has a 25% chance of happening and it would be almost pokeball size and wouldn't do much damage or knockback

Medium has a 50% chance of happening and in a stage like battelfield it would make it so that the player has to jump towards one of the two platforms on the sides
Decent damage and okayish knockback

Large would have 25% chance of happening and again with the battlefield comparision the players would have to jump to the top platform to avoid it
Great damage and the best knockback out of all of them but not the biggest amount either

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I forgot but Mars People were technically Smash Dungeon enemies but I will be allowing it.

Idk if this counts as a first party assist trophy but I think representing abit of the switch era with labo is a great choice plus robots are cool

Bandai- namco

The prince from katamari

He doesn't have much of a chance but he would be great representation for a series that is massively underrated
Please provide a detailed description on how these assist trophies would work.

Nintendo assist trophy submission:
F-Type (Stunt Race FX)
1691341900536.png

F-Type is one of playable vehicles from Nintendo's 1994 racing game "Stunt race FX", released on SNES/Super Famicom. It is a formula 1-esque racing car is the fastest and weakest vehicle in the game and it's one of default vehicles that you have in game.

Despite Stunt Race FX is considered as one of obscure Nintendo franchises (even if it has a one game in the series), it still manages to be part of Nintendo's history due to being Nintendo's first true 3D racing game and even this game felt like an actual racing game due to it's physics (like dynamics and gravity being in the game).
Plus it was promoted by Nintendo, Kellogg's (in form of proofs from cereal boxes) and Mattel in form of a Hot Wheels car called "Shock factor" (it was reskinned into F-Type in order to promote the game) in United States.

When summoned, F-Type would start to drive around the stage, drifting on the edges of stages and boosting straight at opponents, sendong flying.
The hit deals 15% damage per hit.

It can occasionally jump when driving to hill or just jump to reach the fighter in aerial state.

It can be KOed and if you KO him, he would explode into polygons ans it would harm the enemy player.

His design is based on his clay model.

Since Smash is a celebration of Nintendo's and gaming history, I think F-Type is one of the deepest choices that might be fun as an assist. Also we haven't got an miscellaneous "SNES/Super Famicom" assist trophy in smash since Dr. Wright's appearance.

Also despite being an obscure Nintendo character, he plays some part in Nintendo's history (especially during 1990's, where Nintendo was experimenting with 3D games via FX chip).

GolisoPower

Smash Master
First Party Assist Trophy:
1691342738039.png

Gloom Spawn (The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom)
A new enemy spawned from the Gloom and replacing the dreaded Guardians of Breath of the Wild, the Gloom Hands will slowly wander the stage before pursuing anyone that gets close to them with a loud screech. When in range, the Gloom Spawn will swipe to grab at a foe, dealing 7% damage with a hefty squeeze and granting them a 1.2x damage multiplier to their hurtbox for 6 seconds.

Third Party Assist Trophy:
1691342629121.png

Ragna the Bloodedge (BlazBlue)
The cover character and main protagonist of the fighting game series BlazBlue. When summoned, Ragna will function identically to Alucard, having a slew of moves taken from his movelist in the BlazBlue series that could make him easily modded into the game.
  • Hell's Fang: A forwards-advancing fist strike that deals 9% damage and low-medium knockback.
  • Gauntlet Hades: Ragna will leap into the air and perform a hefty overhead fist smash that deals 13% damage and spikes.
  • Dead Spike: With a swing of his blade, Ragna summons a forwards-advancing projectile identical to Power Wave. This deals 11% damage and medium knockback on hit.
  • Inferno Divider: If his foe is too far up in the air for him for most of the attacks in his set, he'll instead use Inferno Divider, a leaping uppercut slash that deals 8.5% and medium-high upwards knockback.
When Ragna reaches 50% HP, he gets access to the following:
  • Carnage Scissors: When forwards advancing attack identical to Buster Wolf that deals 24% damage total and extremely high knockback with a double slash.
  • Devoured by Darkness: Ragna's arm morphs into a more monstrous form before he swipes to grab the foe. Should he land this, he will siphon 16% off the foe to heal himself, making him the only Assist Trophy to do so.
When Ragna reaches 10% HP, he can sacrifice his remaining time as a summon to use his Astral Finish, Black Onslaught, in which he attempts to catch any nearby foes with an uppercut sword slash. After his sword transforms into a scythe, he barrages them with scythe swings imbued with darkness before finishing with a final, more demonic scythe slash that results in an Instant KO. As a unique twist, if a match ends with a Black Onslaught, the announcer will instead go "ASTRAL FINISH!" like in BlazBlue before going to the results screen for whoever won.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
We gotta represent some of the newer Nintendo games in these Assist Trophies, and what better way to start off than...

Gloom Spawn

1691343775028.png

These infamous little menaces from Tears of the Kingdom would be slightly less scary in Smash. As indicated in the image above, only one hand would spawn at a time, just to save space on the stage. The gloom-infused hand acts as expected, traveling across any fitting ground to chase down the opponents of the one who summoned it. When in range, it will swipe at an enemy in attempt to grab it. If successful, it'll squeeze them for a meager amount of damage before throwing them with set knockback. Doesn't sound super threatening at first, but this is where the gloom mechanic comes in. Being grabbed by the Gloom Spawn will poison the fighter with gloom, just as it does in TotK. This works essentially the same as Eiha, with damage slowly growing over time to a set amount. Like some other assists, they can be attacked, but they only take damage from a hurtbox on their palm, and getting close enough to do that is a danger.

As for the third-party assist...

Slime & King Slime

1691344138757.png
1691344145305.png

One of the most iconic enemies in gaming needs a bigger role here. In this case, the Assist Trophy activating will spawn a bunch of regular Slimes around the stage, let's say four or five. These slimes will move toward each other slowly, not looking to attack any fighters just yet. Meanwhile, if anyone except the summoner deals enough damage to them, they'll vanish. Once the Slimes reach each other, they combine into a huge King Slime, which is impervious and will deal big damage by jumping into the summoner's opponents. The amount of damage it does will depend on the amount of Slimes that were still alive when it formed, so if the opponents were diligent about taking down the Slimes, it won't be much of a threat. If they ignored the Slimes, there is now a massive hitbox on the stage that they have to avoid.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
It's come to my attention that I got sniped to the Gloom Spawn 😭 I'll change my submission probably later today.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
First Party Assist Trophy:

MC Horace

horse switch face.png

Many of his attacks will be based around the minigames in Everybody 1 2 Switch.

MC Horace will begin dancing on stage with two Joy Cons in hand, accompanied by dance music similar to the one in the video. He will then do one of three randomly generated attacks, each with a 1/3 chance of being selected. The first will be based on the balloon minigames where he releases around 4 fighter sized balloons onto the stage, which will pop after 4 seconds, damaging players in their vicinity. The second will involve summoning 3 UFOs which will fire beams onto the stage, damaging players caught in the blast. The third and last attack involves jump rope, in which a giant jump rope will go around the entire screen and damage players that touch it (it can be dodged by shielding/rolling and will go a little slower than in the game as to not be too overpowered). It will swing around the stage 4 times before disappearing. Once any one of the three attacks has concluded, MC Horace will do a wacky pose then disappear. The design of the balloons, UFOs, and jump rope will all be taken directly from Everybody 1 2 Switch as seen in the video.

Third Party Assist Trophy

Frogger

undefined

Frogger will hop around the stage, and occasionally summon a car or truck to drive through the stage and ram opponents. He will summon around 3 cars or trucks, one at a time before disappearing. Cars are faster, but are smaller and do less damage, trucks are slower, but are larger and do more damage. Each of the three attacks has a 75% of being a car and a 25% of being a truck.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We gotta represent some of the newer Nintendo games in these Assist Trophies, and what better way to start off than...

Gloom Spawn

View attachment 375696

These infamous little menaces from Tears of the Kingdom would be slightly less scary in Smash. As indicated in the image above, only one hand would spawn at a time, just to save space on the stage. The gloom-infused hand acts as expected, traveling across any fitting ground to chase down the opponents of the one who summoned it. When in range, it will swipe at an enemy in attempt to grab it. If successful, it'll squeeze them for a meager amount of damage before throwing them with set knockback. Doesn't sound super threatening at first, but this is where the gloom mechanic comes in. Being grabbed by the Gloom Spawn will poison the fighter with gloom, just as it does in TotK. This works essentially the same as Eiha, with damage slowly growing over time to a set amount. Like some other assists, they can be attacked, but they only take damage from a hurtbox on their palm, and getting close enough to do that is a danger.

As for the third-party assist...

Slime & King Slime

View attachment 375697View attachment 375698

One of the most iconic enemies in gaming needs a bigger role here. In this case, the Assist Trophy activating will spawn a bunch of regular Slimes around the stage, let's say four or five. These slimes will move toward each other slowly, not looking to attack any fighters just yet. Meanwhile, if anyone except the summoner deals enough damage to them, they'll vanish. Once the Slimes reach each other, they combine into a huge King Slime, which is impervious and will deal big damage by jumping into the summoner's opponents. The amount of damage it does will depend on the amount of Slimes that were still alive when it formed, so if the opponents were diligent about taking down the Slimes, it won't be much of a threat. If they ignored the Slimes, there is now a massive hitbox on the stage that they have to avoid.
King Slime is not eligible. Please read the job ruleset. It must be from a series NOT REPRESENTED IN SMASH via character, assist, item, or mii costume as of Infinite Beyond.

Beedle
The Legend of Zelda

Beedle will appear and set up shop. If players hits Beedle, Beedle will either give out an item or cower in fear. The stronger the hit, the better chance at a more powerful or rare item but also the greater chance of surprising him. His model is based on TotK.

Pyramid Head
SIlent Hill - Konami

Pyramid Head will lurch about until an opponent gets into striking distance. It then heaves out its gigantic sword and slashes down; creating a vortex of blood-red-like energy that sucks in opponents into the strike. It has a huge reach and high knockback but is easily telegraphed and is predictable. Pyramid Head can be KO'd but it has superarmor throughout its appearance.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Please read the job ruleset. It must be from a series NOT REPRESENTED IN SMASH via character, assist, item, or mii costume as of Infinite Beyond.

View attachment 375704
Klonoa
Klonoa

Klonoa fires out wind bullets. When it makes contact with a player, it causes them to swell up and float into the air much like the Beetle albeit at a slower rate. Struggling against it can cause the player to deflate. Hitting the opponent as they ascend upwards causes the to move to that side while continuing to float.
Klonoa is a Mii Costume.....

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
First Party Assist Trophy
1691371652261.png

Puffstool
Pikmin

Pikmin 4 just released, so new content for the Pikmin series is always nice. The Puffstool is an iconic boss in the series due to its unique spores that allows it to take control of your allies and put it under its command. The Puffstool is a medium sized assist trophy that will try to walk towards your opponents and scatter its spores, anyone who inhales these spores will have gain a multitude of various bad effects. These effects include a poisonous damage over time effect, having your controls reversed, making the screen darker (and unlike other assist trophies doesn't hinder the summoner), or causing sleep. When attacked the Puffstool flips over just like in its game of origin, but after getting up it will release another cloud of spores. The rubbery cap of the Puffstool can be jumped on like a trampoline by the summoner, allowing for an extra jump. A simple but straight to the point assist trophy from a franchise that needs more representation.

Also Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom is Clippy eligible, I have a cool idea for it and it seems like a good out of the box idea, I am asking since he did appear in a few games?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Would Activision/Blizzard characters be elligible? The Microsoft deal will likely have gone through by the time Infinite comes out, let alone Beyond.

First Party Assist Trophy: Iono

After being summoned, Iono appears close to the screen, in the lower left-hand corner, much like a v-tuber. A stream chat appears above her, with messages flying by. Iono has speech bubbles which will display various messages based on how the players perform, like "Player 1 is on a roll!" or "Ew, Player 4 needs to stop spamming!" After a bit, she waves goodbye and despawns, along with the stream chat. Based on their comments from Iono, each player either gets a snazzy item or is momentarily buried/stunned/sleeping/whatever.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
First Party

Glimmer (Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Future Redeemed)

Glimmer would appear and stand in place, attacking opponents that get near her with her Kithara.

She would also play her Kithara and increase the damage of the summoner or fire 3 heat seeking projectiles.

She may also spin around with the kithara and heal the summoner.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Oatchi_from_Pikmin_4.png

Oatchi
The loveable space hound companion from recent smash hit Pikmin 4. When summoned, the yellow pooch will look for items and will bring them to the player, picking up anything that is dropped and dragging them to the player's character. The player can also direct him to an opponent via a little prompt that pops up, and he will proceed to chomp that fighter.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Would Activision/Blizzard characters be elligible? The Microsoft deal will likely have gone through by the time Infinite comes out, let alone Beyond.

First Party Assist Trophy: Iono

After being summoned, Iono appears close to the screen, in the lower left-hand corner, much like a v-tuber. A stream chat appears above her, with messages flying by. Iono has speech bubbles which will display various messages based on how the players perform, like "Player 1 is on a roll!" or "Ew, Player 4 needs to stop spamming!" After a bit, she waves goodbye and despawns, along with the stream chat. Based on their comments from Iono, each player either gets a snazzy item or is momentarily buried/stunned/sleeping/whatever.
Activision is allowed but not Blizzard-based properties. So like no StarCraft or Warcraft though both franchises are repped as Mii Costumes.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Third-Party Assist Trophy: Axel Steel (Guitar Hero)

Guitar Hero is one of the most popular game series ever, and while it does heavily rely on licensed content, Axel Steel is very memorable as the game's original playable character for heavy metal songs. When he appears, Axel plugs into an amp and then initiates his attack, which is basically DK's old bongos Final Smash, just with a (copyright-free) heavy metal song instead of Jungle Hijinx. The attack ends, and he then lifts his guitar triumphantly and despawns.

Last edited:
Top Bottom