• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which option should we go with for our winter/star-based fourth party Mii costume

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for the submissions! I will be putting them up this week. Some are already there.

So we elected to debut our trailer at TGAS and Master Hand being first or last in terms of revealed characters. We had a split down the middle in votes so I’m casting my vote for first.

Creating Our Debut Trailer

We will be including our returning cast in a way that signals that this is a deluxe version of Infinite rather than a new game. We will also indicate several changes to the cast in the trailer. The following characters that will be included in the trailer consist of:

Master Hand comes at the end of the trailer which would be a false lead that this is just a deluxe version with some added content but nothing beyond that. Master Hand's appearance indicates that a new character is being included.

Please provide a debut trailer that shows off content that will be in the game and then a follow-up Master Hand reveal that builds up during the trailer until finally revealed as a newcomer.

The trailer is 5:00 minutes in length.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
The trailer begins with a dark room with a golden sigil on the floor, a Mii approaching it with interest...the moment they stand in the center, however, the darkness gives away and reveals a familiar battlefield. The Mii then hears footsteps behind him and sees Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Pikachu behind him with looks of determination on their faces. As soon as he turns back around he's met with the inside of a familiar double-barreled hand cannon, causing him to jump back, revealing Noah & Mio, Doom Slayer & 2B. Both sides charge at one another, with the Mii looking in awe. With a familiar gloved hand watching in the distance, an epic battle draws close until a flash of gold fills the screen...
1695863756552.png
As soon as the title screen is finished, the gameplay is shown, announcing the bundling of all DLC fighters including Phoenix, Sol Badguy, Ahri, and Nightmare. For the next minute, we're shown a few new Assist Trophies in MC Horace and Mallow, a suite of new Spirits to collect, and a bunch of new Mii Costumes to pick from. We're also shown specific Veteran changes from Infinite, such as Ganondorf's new appearance based on Tears of the Kingdom and a few new Specials for characters like Sonic and Wario that haven't been seen before.

Then, the trailer shows off the Smash Trials, a series of tutorials and character-specific combos that show off each character's strengths and weaknesses and teach players specific techniques found often in competitive play. The Trial Studio is also revealed, giving players the opportunity to create their own combos for players to attempt to replicate. We're also shown the eSports Management mode, showcasing a Guild-like group where people form teams online and collectively build up power.

We're then shown off the new Story Mode, anthological scenarios regarding the Smash roster, showcasing such battles as Kirby VS. Pac-Man, Joker VS. Reimu, and Link VS. Piranha Plant. The trailer tells us that more stories in this Smash anthology will be coming so "Stay Tuned!" Then we see the new Beginning Destination, the game's hub area identical to Street Fighter 6's Battle Hub where the player can explore an entire map leading to the modes from Smash Infinite as well as interact with other players.

At this point, the 5 minutes are almost up and the trailer cuts back to the CGI battle from the beginning, which continues for a few seconds before Mario & 2B point fireball and sword at one another in a close-quarters stand-off. Eventually, both sides smile at one another and firmly shake hands with one another, with Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Pikachu, Doom Slayer, Noah & Mio regathering. Master Hand then shows up with a cackling laugh, catching the attention of the 8 fighters, who are confused and wary of this hand's arrival. Master Hand, however, waves a finger in a rather dismissive manner before flying next to the Smash 64 veterans. The quartet watches in awe as the original Smash boss curls his fingers as if to smile and promptly counts down from 3 before snapping his fingers, revealing...

MASTER HAND
Shows Who's Boss!

The final minute is a brief trailer showing off Master Hand's moveset, a legacy to his 7-entry-strong appearance throughout the Super Smash Bros series. The trailer ends with the Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond logo appearing before we see one final CGI animation: after a good Round 2, Master Hand snaps his fingers one more time and summons the entire Smash Infinite roster onto the stage. Master Hand curls into a fist and soars into the air as a sign saying that Super Smash Bros is back, much to the resounding, uproarious approval of the roster, the final shot shows the celebrating Fighters looking at Master Hand floating in front of a golden Smash Ball in the background.

© 2023 Nintendo
Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA / CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / Mojang AB / Disney / Activision Blizzard, Inc. / Team Shanghai Alice / PopCap Games, Inc. / Supergiant / ArcSystem Works / Embracer Group / Sony Interactive Entertainment / Rovio Entertainment / Bethesda / Treasure Co. Ltd. / Extremely OK Games / Koei-Tecmo / Taito / Skip Ltd. / Rockstar Games, Inc. / Twitter

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you GolisoPower GolisoPower for the submission! It was amazing to read that and it truly made me so happy to be apart of such a great project. To continue being apart of it. You truly captured the essence of the game and the feelings out into it. We will be utilizing Goliso’s submission for this trailer

Submit Alternative Mii Fighter Mechanics

We elected to allow certain Mii fighter outfits to be lawyered slightly such as giving them voice lines based on their outfit or additional colors such as Bomberman.

We will be opening up submission for Mii Costumes that can have color swaps. Now, in order for this to work, we need to have a Mii costume that makes sense for a color swap feature. Bomberman makes sense considering how there are multiple Bomberman colors. The outfit needs to have color variations available from its source game for this to work

Please submit which costume you want to include to have the swapping mechanic and what colors it would include.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I think the Cinder (Fire Element) line of Mii Costumes would have alternate colors, on the premise that fire becomes a different color based on what's burning...so green fire because it's fueled by copper sulfate, white fire is magnesium sulfate, purple is potassium chloride, etc. Basically, take any material used to color your fireworks explosions and apply that to the Cinder Miis.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Master Chief Outfit
It has access to the default green as well as a red armor suit and a blue armor suit.

Galarian Slowpoke Outfit
It has access to the default pink one as well as a yellow alternate color to reference Shiny Galarian Slowpoke

Elephant Outfit
It has access to the default grey color as well as a light pink outfit and a light yellow outfit as a nod to Peach and Daisy

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will also continue the submission of Mii Costume variations up until tomorrow but I do want to move us to our next job...

Third-Party Spirit and Spirit Battle Submissions

We will be moving into third-party Spirit Submissions from third-party series that are represented by a character in Smash. The following franchises can have new Spirits added to their listing:
  • Street Fighter (Due to SFVI)
  • Final Fantasy VII (Due to Remakes)
  • King of Fighters (XV DLC Fighters)
  • Tekken (Due to Tekken 8)
  • Resident Evil (Due to Re:Verse and 4 DLC)
  • Guilty Gear (Strive DLC characters)
  • League of Legends (ever-expanding roster)

In addition, I have updated the front page with a Table of Contents throughout the opening post to allow for better ease of access.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Did we get the results from the enemy at voting?

also did we already add real 8 spirits?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1696002994831.png
Name: Marisa
Class: ★★★
Type: Attack Primary, 2 Slots
Effect: Armor Knight
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultkazuya:
  • Stage: Coliseum Omega
  • Music Track: Pankration
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy has increased punch attacks
    • The enemy has armor
1696003253176.png

Name: Manon
Class: ★★
Type: Defense Primary, 2 Slots
Effect: Dodge Frames ++
  • Puppet Fighter: Jeanne (Blue)
  • Stage: Nintendo Land
  • Music Track: Walk With Grace
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy has increased kick attacks
    • The enemy has increased dodge frames
    • The enemy likes to grab
1696003358949.png
Name: A.K.I.
Class: ★★
Type: Attack Support, 2 Slots
Effect: Poison Touch
  • Puppet Fighter: Ahri (Black)
  • Stage: Shopping District, Taiping Street
  • Music Track: Poisonous Passion
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy's attacks inflict poison.
    • The enemy has increased dodge frames
    • The enemy is attracted to items (Wither Skeleton Skull)

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Alternate Mii Costumes
I think the Rock Legend outfit would lend pretty well to this. My thought process is that the different colours you can go with are references to different rock musicians through the ages - though obviously only through recolours, and not featuring direct iconography beyond just vague allusions, so as to avoid lawsuits. Given Ultimate gives you twelve colours to choose from, I'd say:
  • Red: A mostly red and black look with an old-school wooden colour on the guitar - coupled with a reoccuring icon a little akin to an Irish knot. This is a reference to King Crimson (with the knot being in reference to their 80s logo.)
  • Orange: An orange and black costume with a reoccuring pattern of concentric circles of different colours, a reference to New Order and the cover art for Blue Monday.
  • Yellow: A predominantly yellow and white costume with an ornate-looking coat of arms on the back, an obvious reference to Queen.
  • Lime: A predominantly lime look with golden trimmings that uses the old-school guitar model in orange wood, a reference to John Lennon's appearance in the cover art for Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
  • Green: A fairly simple look that's mostly green and brown, though gives the guitar the appearance of the British flag. This one's a subtle reference to both Oasis and the Britpop genre in general, which was a pretty prominent form of rock in the 90s.
  • Blue: A mostly blue look with white shoes and again using an orange wood colour for the guitar - being a reference to Chuck Berry.
  • Turquoise: A mainly turquoise look with small hints of beige, white, dark blue, and black. The guitar's also beige here. This is a reference to Weezer, and their self-titled debut album (also known as "the Blue Album".)
  • Pink: A mostly pink look with a reoccuring white-to-rainbow motif on certain trim, as well as a white brick pattern for the guitar - an obvious reference to Pink Floyd.
  • Purple: A mostly purple look with some yellow and gold hints here and there, plus an orange-wood guitar, being a reference to Prince.
  • Brown: A mostly brown look with some splashes of colour in the form of certain regions being made of colourful, psychedelic fabrics - complete with a light-wood guitar. This one's a reference to Santana.
  • White: A mostly white design with lots of small glistening diamonds all over it, coupled with a wooden guitar in the same old-school style. This is, of course, a reference to Elvis Presley.
  • Black: A mostly black and silver costume that colours the guitar black and white as well as giving the Mii a warpaint-like facepaint in black. This is a reference to KISS, as well as the black metal genre in general.
I wanted to represent a decent variety of forms of rock as well as eras, so whilst I totally get it if it seems weird that Santana, Chuck Berry and Weezer are all here, but I felt this would be a fun opportunity to be really creative.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Name: Bridget (Guilty Gear)
Class: Advanced
Type: Support Defense
Effect: Mr. Saturn Equipped
  • Puppet Fighter: Blue Peach
  • Minion: Invisible Ness
  • Stage: Mayship
  • Music Track: Smell Of The Game
  • Match: 1 Stock
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy starts the battle with a Mr. Saturn
    • The enemies up smash is more powerful :ultness:
Name: JP (Street Fighter)
Class: Legend
Type: Primary Neutral
Effect: Magic Attack Up
  • Puppet Fighter: Mewtwo
  • Stage: Shadow Moses Island Omega
  • Music Track: The Plunderer
  • Match: 150 Stamnia
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy's Magical Attacks are more powerful
    • Jump Power Down
    • The enemy has Super Armor
Name: Sylvie Paula Paula (King Of Fighters XV)
Class: Novice
Type: Support Neutral
Effect: Electric Attack Up
  • Puppet Fighter: Pikachu Libre
  • Stage: KOF Stadium
  • Music Track: NOW OR NEVER
  • Match: 1 stock
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy's Electric attacks are more powerful
    • The enemy likes to taunt

Last edited:

TheMicRula

Smash Apprentice
We will also continue the submission of Mii Costume variations up until tomorrow but I do want to move us to our next job...

Third-Party Spirit and Spirit Battle Submissions

We will be moving into third-party Spirit Submissions from third-party series that are represented by a character in Smash. The following franchises can have new Spirits added to their listing:
  • Street Fighter (Due to SFVI)
  • Final Fantasy VII (Due to Remakes)
  • King of Fighters (XV DLC Fighters)
  • Tekken (Due to Tekken 8)
  • Resident Evil (Due to Re:Verse and 4 DLC)
  • Guilty Gear (Strive DLC characters)
  • League of Legends (ever-expanding roster)

In addition, I have updated the front page with a Table of Contents throughout the opening post to allow for better ease of access.
Does it include new series as well?

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Spirit Battles:
Name: Asuka R. Kreutz (Guilty Gear Strive)
Class: :starman::starman::starman::starman: Legend
Type: Support Neutral (3 Slots)
Effect: Gear Maker (Greatly increase Magic/ESP Attacks, starts battle with 30% damage)
  • Puppet Fighter: Robin
  • Stage: Shinjuku Station
  • Music Track: Talk About You
  • Match: 300HP Stamina
  • Conditions:
    • Jump Power Down
    • The enemy's magic attacks does more damage
    • The enemy's projectiles does more damage
    • Objects will appear frequently (black holes)
1696045728681.png
Name: Odin (Final Fantasy VII)
Class: :starman::starman::starman::starman: Legend
Type: Support Neutral (2 Slots)
Effect: Sword Attack +++
  • Puppet Fighter: Ganondorf
  • Stage: Midgar (The only spawn summon is Odin)
  • Music Track: Those Who Battle Further
  • Match: 1 Life
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy is made of gold
    • The enemy has a Killing Edge
    • The enemy's sword attacks does more damage
    • You'll suddenly receive damage during the battle.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I did indeed forget to announce our first-party enemy submissions.

Here are the results!

Name5 points4 Points3 points2 Points1 pointTotal
Bunnit01 (4)01 (2)511
Waddle Doo1 (5)4 (16)1 (3)2(4)230
Enemy Archer1 (5)1 (4)02 (4)215
Tengu2 (10)01 (3)1 (2)116
Toadies02 (8)2 (6)1 (2)117
Wheelie2 (10)03 (9)1 (2)021
Shy Guy3 (15)1 (4)2 (6)1 (2)028

We will be accepting two submissions: Shy Guy from Yoshi and Waddle Doo from Kirby

Hi everyone! I do apologize but I actually have this weekend off but I have a hellish week coming up. I would rather get us started later on it but I want to make sure I am here for when our submissions are made as it involves submitting our last first-party character on the roster. I know we just had a prior one earlier with Shadow and there will be more time between our first-party and third-party submissions.

I know the Spirit Submissions have not been out for very long and I intend to reopen them at a later date. We will also do Bayonetta 3 Music and Spirits at a later date. That being said, due to having more time to observe, we will be opening submissions for our final first-party character! This character will join Master Hand, Saki, Gholdengo, and Louie as our first-party fighters.

Submit Our Last First-Party Fighter
Now, as for the rules, they are pretty simple:
  • The character needs to be noteworthy within the annals of Nintendo's history​
  • The character will be joining a limited roster​
  • The character needs to have moveset potential​
  • Pokemon, Pikmin, Sin & Punishment, and Smash are not available for a second newcomer.​

As for the rest, anything is really on the table in regards to submissions as long as we have not included them as content within Infinite Beyond. This means prior Assist Trophies, Mii Costumes, Spirits, and whatnot that we included in Infinite as well as earlier Smash games are on the table. Do keep in mind that we already have a new series represented with Sin & Punishment. We could go the route of having another new series represented or expanding a current series.

When submitting, please provide the following information
  • Picture​
  • Name and Series they come from​
  • Detailed explanation as to why this character not only should be included in our limited roster but to be our last revealed first-party fighter​

Last edited:
Alright, Tankman. You've got a lot of assists to pick for fighters. Let's see... which character you wanna pick for the game?
Wait, are you trying to resubmit Krystal?

Me: Yes.
Krystal (Star Fox)
View attachment 376009

"I'm not here to fight you. I came here because of a distress call"
Okay, I know that Krystal isn't my one of most wanted characters for smash, but I had no choice to give Star Fox a new rep...

Krystal is the one of major characters from Star Fox video game series, made by Nintendo & Argonaut Software and she is a vixen that came from planet Cerinia and she ended up in Sauria planet due to her home planet being destroyed and she was the survivor of her family. She befriended various dinosaurs on the planet, but she was attacked by Sharpclaw Galleon and she started to despise the tribe.

During the events of Star Fox Adventures, Fox saved her from General Scales and potentially Andross (the greater scope villain of the game) and she joined the Star Fox crew. After the time, she was married to Fox McCloud and they gave birth to Marcus McCloud (their offspring) and her son became a leader of new team Star Fox.

Krystal is considered as one of popular SF characters and she became popular among furry-obsessed people due to furry fans being ravenously obsessed with female furries.
Also she became one of most requested fighters for smash games because of her popularity.

As for their moveset, she would use her staff that can use a lot of ice-related moves. Heck, she could even borrow some moves from Fox & other Star Fox characters. Heck, we can give her original moves for creative liberty's sake.
She would be middleweight all-around fighter with no additional movement abilities.

She would use her Adventures design as default alt, but she could get Assault design as her alt. Her alts could reference Dinosaur tribes from SF Adventures.

I'm submitting her because:
1. We haven't got a new star fox rep since Smash Brawl (Wolf was the last one).
2. She is one of most requested fighters for the game.
3. We haven't got too much ice users in smash.
4. She is one of most popular Star Fox characters in star fox franchise and furry fandom.
5. First female fighter in definitive edition.
6. Also her inclusion in the game would potentially cause Nintendo to bring back the interest of making Star Fox games.
7. And for the last reason, she is very sensible choice for smash (like most of request fighters for smash bros)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Character Name: Kracko
Character Origin: Kirby's Dream Land (1992)
Character Series: Kirby

Okay, so I'm aware this is probably a bit of an oddball pick, but please hear me out - I think this one's warranted and has a ton of potential.

First things first, Kracko is one of the single most reoccuring characters in the Kirby franchise, having been a boss who's existed since the very first game and continues to maintain relevance throughout - with him probably being only second to Whispy Woods in terms of reappearances of this kind beyond the main reoccurring cast and certain varieties of minor enemies. He's also a character who acts as an actual antagonistic force - we don't really have any villains in this roster yet, so it could potentially be really fun to include Kracko in this role! On top of this, this would actually be the first time Kracko's ever been playable, and it'd be a good opportunity to represent elements of how larger bosses in the franchise tend to work.

"But he doesn't have arms or legs, how would he fight?" Well, appearing in over 30 years of games gives him plenty of moveset potential! His primary form of attack would either have him change the shape of his own body, or utilise lightning-based attacks similar to that which you'd see from Kirby's Spark ability (and his various boss appearances, too!) That said, there's also plenty of potential beyond that - he's got a history of summoning in Waddle Doos which could work as a grounded form of projectile, and you could even give him a passive buff as he attacks more and darkens in colour! On top of this, attacks otherwise inspired by clouds or electricity would work wonders - he's already got things like a rainstorm, powerful lightning bolts, and smaller versions of himself known as Lil Krackos, so he's got potential in spades.

Plus, I think he'd be a very visually and mechanically unique character compared to others on the roster. Whilst the whole "large lightweight" has sort of been done with Mewtwo, Kracko's large size paired with his aerial prowess and large number of AoE attacks and full-body hitboxes would really make him feel like you're playing as a traditional Kirby boss, and I can imagine there's a lot of fun you could have with his animations to give him a really unique look compared to anyone else. That way, even those who aren't fans of the Kirby series can get something out of his inclusion! It's also worth considering that there's only five Kirby characters so far (with Infinite introducing two, one of which was an Echo Fighter!), so he wouldn't feel like he was bloating certain parts of the roster too much.

Overall, whilst I think he is a little bit of an unusual choice compared to those that people typically tend to suggest for the series (like Magolor, Gooey, Marx or otherwise), Infinite hasn't been a stranger to these kinds of choices before now (like Marin or Stylist, both of whom seem kind of bizarre at first glance but make sense in context) and Kracko kind of feels like he'd fit right at home. He's got unique potential in spades, plenty of legacy in one of Nintendo's flagship franchises, and a history of appearances to the point where he's arguably a natural candidate. Also I just think he's fun

side note as like, a fun little trivia tidbit, if kracko gets in he'd technically be the second kirby boss introduced in infinite beyond

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Last 1st Part Character: Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club)

famicom-detective-club-the-girl-who-stands-behind-switch-description-char.png

Ayumi Tachibana is the main character from Famicom Detective Club, she is a school girl who is solving a mutder mystery of her friend and she is a company of the protagonist from Famicom Detective Club.

Ayumi was considered was a fighter on Super Smash Bros. Melee,but she was cut,but while the remake of her games was released,it's a good option for Ayumi joins the Smash,also she appears on Super Mario Maker as mushroom costume.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1696094429778.png

VIRIDI

Who Is She?
Viridi, also known as Nachure (ナチュレ) in Japan, is the initial antagonist and eventual deuteragonist of Kid Icarus: Uprising, a 2012 rail-shooter/action game that put the perception of the franchise back on the map after Pit's debut in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. A diminutive Goddess of Nature, she holds a great desire for vengeance against and hatred for humanity, and her first moments involve dropping a Reset Bomb that wipes out a large-scale human battle and turns it into a sprawling forest. This puts her at odds with the goddess Palutena and to an extent the god Hades, who eventually becomes the true antagonist of the story.

After the invasion of the alien species called Aurums and the temporary lapse of Palutena into evil due to the Chaos Kin, Viridi develops somewhat of a bond with Pit, though it's somewhat more of an "annoyed sister-brother rivalry" type bond as they bicker about things despite the circumstances that made them work together. This was significant enough that she's become a major part of Smash 4's, and Smash Ultimate's, Palutena's Guidance dialogues where she gives her thoughts on certain characters, ranging from a crush on Link to a burning hatred for Mewtwo to motormouthed encyclopedic knowledge on Piranha Plants.

Why Viridi?
Viridi has been in a non-player role for three games, being a stage element in Reset Bomb Forest, a character in Palutena's Guidance, a Trophy in Smash 4 and a Spirit in Ultimate & Infinite. Her story role is significant enough and would represent the newer age of Kid Icarus, as everyone from the franchise we can play as in Smash (Except Dark Pit) only debuted in the NES game all those years ago. Furthermore, despite what you may think, Viridi would absolutely not be an Echo for Palutena, we already have that in Medusa. No, she could have abilities that revolve around both her abilities as a Goddess of Nature and her command over the Forces of Nature, with a Reset Bomb being a perfect Final Smash.

How Would She Play?
While Palutena and Medusa are more defensive in their kit, Viridi would lean a lot more towards being an aggressive fighter, dealing lots of damage quickly and reflecting her hatred for humans. She could use the Forces of Nature as aesthetic attacks, such as Nutskis as an aimable Neutral Special, Clobblers for a Side Smash, and riding a Meeba for an Up Special. Overall, Viridi would want you dead and want you dead fast.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
MAGOLOR
1696098347463.png
Alright I ain't like extremely huge Nintendo fan, honestly most of their franchises are okaish for me, but there are two that are between my most loved ones until this day, one of them is Metroid and I do have ideas for Raven Beak and the Omega Metroid but I turned my head with a more likely and popular series, Kirby. I love Kirby it makes me happy, put a smile in my face no matter the ocasion, thought, something that makes me a little sad is the little to no representation of post-Air Ride content in Smash, while in Infinite we got the likes of Bandana Dee and Galacta Knight that are awesome, I would like to broad it a little more.

Now, I would like a lot of Kirby characters like Adeleine, Susie, Dark Meta Knight, the Mage Sisters or Dark Matter Blade that is the one I was more near to include since I think it would be awesome to play with it but it was also a retro pick and I'm more focused in rep Kirby's new era, so why not the game that had a remaster this year? That's why I'm submitting everyone's favorite capitalist cat egg Magolor! Magolor isn't just my option for the lols he is very popular (heck, over all dream friends that they could add in Fighters 2, they put him!) and is also kinda more important when you consider that his game is the first in this new era of Kirby with a particular style.

But well, how this dude would fight? We already were able to control him in three games: Star Allies, Kirby Fighters 2 and Return to Dreamland and considering that Kirby uses a control very similar to the one in Smash is easy to think that his moves could be translated for this context with a few tweaks. Some of his most notorious abilities are the use of portals to move, casting multiple types of elemental spells, summoning great swords and dark needles, gem apple bombs, heck do you want him sillier? you can put some references to his minigames from Merry Magoland too! This man is quite flexible in terms of options for moves. Depends of the selections how we will play but most likely his role would be a zoner with control over the distance of his opponents deciding when he can be afar of them with his multiple projectiles and large distance attacks and when to get closer with teleports and less damaging but helpful melee attacks.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Alear

Alear is the protagonist of Fire Emblem Engage, The Divine Dragon of Elyos and can call upon the Emblem Rings to summon heroes from Other Worlds.

Let me address the elephant in the room How can Alear differentiate themselves between the other Fire Emblem characters?

1. Weaponry

Alear has the sword Libération so they have access to the typical sword fighter range of attacks, Alear is also commonly depicted using Fist Arts,

this could be used to add a fist fighting, brawler aspect to their character. If that isn't enough Alear can also use legendary weapons given to them by the...

2. Emblem Rings

So the Emblem Rings are the biggest part of engage Alear can summon the main characters of all previous fire emblem games, and with the DLC other major character as well. This could be used in countless ways, Summon each Emblem to use their abilities, Using each emblem as an extension of Alear's own attacks and even Engaging with the Emblem and fuse together powering alear up and even granting Alear that heroes weapon

3. Sommie

Look at them

Not incorporating them in some aspect would be a tragedy.

---------
Alear would be a great pick because Alear is a new character with the ability to reference the rest of the franchises long history

darkvortex

Smash Lord
MPS_Kamek_Artwork.png

Kamek
a pretty iconic Nintendo character at this point, having roles in all sorts of games and even a big role in the Mario movie. He'd serve as a second rep for the Yoshi franchise, which is the only original 12 franchise without a second rep. He'd be a magic user, with plenty of creative spells and things he could summon and conjur. He could also use his broom to fly. We haven't really added a villain yet unless you count Louie. We do have a lot of Mario associated characters already but it is super freaking mario, after all.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Ok so since Venus said the last first-party fight has to be a well-known place in Nintendo's history, I have a perfect historical pick to cap off the first party newcomers for Infinite Beyond. Sure, it's a bit of an out-there pick but...it holds high significance to Nintendo and its games.

The Golfer/Sportsman (Golf, 1984)

1573236215884.jpeg

What is Golf and who is the Golfer?

Golf was one of the seven original launch titles for the Famicom and was programmed by the former President of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata. This game was one of Iwata's first projects for Nintendo themselves. This simple game involved you basically playing golf. Sure, this game has many re-releases and other versions. But, it's worth noting that Golf itself has been an Easter Egg across many other Nintendo games. It was even hidden in the Switch firmware for some time as a tribute for Iwata himself! It shows how much this game has been looked back on. The NES/Famicom sports games have even led to things such as the Wii Sports games and Nintendo Switch Sports.

As for the Golfer himself, some materials say he is Mario. In Captain Rainbow, his name was Ossan. However, here, he won't be considered Mario and be considered a part of his own series. But, it's up for debate. He's just simply a man with a mustache and a golf outfit. Not too much personality but a simple icon here.

Why should the Golfer/Sportsman be the last first-party fighter?

Given that Super Smash Bros Infinite and Infinite: Beyond were made as continuations of Super Smash Bros Ultimate's vision, it's to be noted that Ultimate was one of Iwata's final missions and requests for Sakurai himself. Sakurai honored the vision as best as he could. Now, we honor it by bringing one of Iwata's first creations to Nintendo to the Smash Bros series in this universe.

Plus, I do not think we have many fighters that have movesets based around sports. Therefore, the Golfer/Sportsman fills that niche. We also get another retro/historical rep here as well so that's a first. Given all the picks so far have catered to fans, we should have at least one pick with a focus on historical significance to Nintendo/a more nicher pick. Now, moving forth in terms of moveset and content...

How would the Golfer/Sportsman fight? What content would he bring?

I believe the Golfer can fight with various sports equipment not just from Golf but also from games like Baseball, Tennis, Ice Hockey and even references to other sports games like the Wii Sports games. The character would have that 8-bit charm with it too. I would also like to think the character can also have a female alternate costume as well as Smash has never been afraid to add its own original twist on characters.

As for content, he can come with a slew of Nintendo sports game spirits and if there is room, a stage based on the NES Sports games and all that fun stuff.

Overall, the Golfer/Sportsman is an overlooked pick but here, I feel he would be a super fitting final first-party character for Super Smash Bros Infinite: Beyond given this game is for Iwata. Thank you Iwata-San for everything.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Newcomer Submission - Vatti (The Legend of Zelda)
1696107798330.png

Vatti is probably the second most important Zelda villain, after Ganon(dorf). A powerful minish mage, he fought the second known incarnation of Link, in The Minish Cap. He also makes a more monstrous appearance in the Four Swords games, and with the seeming destruction of Ganondorf I wouldn't be surprised if he was the main antagonist of the third Wildverse game. Our last Zelda addition was Marin, who is... unconventional, Vatti would be more interesting to many fans. His wind spells would be nifty.

sal ig

Smash Apprentice
Captain Toad finally finds his treasure! - newcomer submission

718eO82bfJL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

(look at the little guy)

captains toads (or normal toad) exclusion from the roster feels really weird especially since the toad species has been around since the first 2d side scrolling mario game and continues to appear in the new games

toads have also been playable in other games like smb 2, the nsmb games and 3d world (so if you really wanted to you could pull moves from those games normally using the power-ups available)

he could fight using turnips, the super pickaxe, his backpack and power-ups! (also potential heavyweight depending on how we make him)

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
EVR Racer (EVR Race)
5BC5A209-981B-4CC4-941E-C146A084DF5E.JPG

Believe it or not. The character I am submitting is from Nintendo's very first video game back in 1975. The EVR Racer is from EVR Race (1975) which was a horse racing simulator. Sorta like an arcade where players would bet on a horse or a racecar. Nintendo's first experiment to work with video output to screen technology, eventually leading to their most well-known history with video games. Making this racer to represent the late 70s which was an era that played a good part into shaping Nintendo into what we know today. Not to undermine Mr. Game and Watch in general.

But how would we translate this obscure betting simulator character into Smash? Well, this character would be a racer and horse together. Kinda acting similar to Johnny Joestar from JJBA ASB who uses a horse to walk around. The textures and model of this racer would be hand-drawn style or least something similar to Mr. Game and Watch but more colorful. Or perhaps an reimagining like Duck Hunt.

As for moveset, the racer could reference things from his time period such as using Sheriff, Space Fever, and Color TV-Game to fight and summon. Maybe be able to briefly change into an race car with the use of the cabinet operator able to put the tapes in where the clips would play race cars rather than horses. This racer can develop an unique moveset that represents an era in Nintendo's history as a whole. For content, we could bring sprites from the late 1970s period of Nintendo like the ones I mentioned above or even across from the company in general.

Even if he is from an obscure game in general, he is rather important in the company's history as Nintendo's entrance into making video games. It would really be a good send-off as the last first-person rep for this game.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1696121721657.png
Virtual Boy

Virtual Boy Franchise
I am going to try and convice everyone to vote for Virtual Boy supremacy. The Virtual Boy was a handheld Nintendo console released in 1995, two years before the N64. It was marketed as a 3D virtual reality handheld, the first of its kind. However despite the ambition the console failed due to several factors. From eye searing red and black graphics, a linited library of games, and a clunky design that barely qualifies as a handheld. So it flipped hard and was discontinued in barely a year. However the console has gained a cult status due to a few strong games like Wario Land and Telriboxer and paving the way to modern VR systems like the Oculus Quest. It is even referenced by Nintendo unlike their other flopped systems like the N64 DD.

The unique design of the Virtual Boy, with its leg like stand and commercials which portray it as a robotic terminator, could make it a unique fighter in Smash. Since its the final fighter revealed it would be cool to have it be an oddball pick like Sora or Bayonetta from the previous games. Its moveset could reference both the Virtual Boy library and bad gaming peripherals in general like the Wii Zapper or Power Glove. With all this history, why shouldn't the Virtual Boy be the last fighter revealed for this game.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
View attachment 378596Virtual Boy
Virtual Boy Franchise
I am going to try and convice everyone to vote for Virtual Boy supremacy. The Virtual Boy was a handheld Nintendo console released in 1995, two years before the N64. It was marketed as a 3D virtual reality handheld, the first of its kind. However despite the ambition the console failed due to several factors. From eye searing red and black graphics, a linited library of games, and a clunky design that barely qualifies as a handheld. So it flipped hard and was discontinued in barely a year. However the console has gained a cult status due to a few strong games like Wario Land and Telriboxer and paving the way to modern VR systems like the Oculus Quest. It is even referenced by Nintendo unlike their other flopped systems like the N64 DD.

The unique design of the Virtual Boy, with its leg like stand and commercials which portray it as a robotic terminator, could make it a unique fighter in Smash. Since its the final fighter revealed it would be cool to have it be an oddball pick like Sora or Bayonetta from the previous games. Its moveset could reference both the Virtual Boy library and bad gaming peripherals in general like the Wii Zapper or Power Glove. With all this history, why shouldn't the Virtual Boy be the last fighter revealed for this game.
This submission is not viable due to it being a system rather than a character. While the rules didn't stipulate " no systems", it was pretty clear that a character must be submitted. Even using a commercial that had limited visibility in the grand scheme of things is not a justifiable option to portray the character. It's also not the last character. Just first-party. We have one more character to include.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Master Kohga

Villains within the Zelda universe that have staying power in the minds of Zelda fans include Skull Kid (one game discounting remasters), Vaati (the single most villain with more appearances other than Ganon/dorf), and Ghirahaium (again, one appearance discounting remasters). However, one character who has made such an impact within the franchise to the point that, despite not being a main boss, still has staying power within the series is the villain from Breath of the Wild, Age of Calamity, and Tears of the Kingdom is the leader of the Yiga Clan, Master Kohga.

While Master Hand does serve as a villain on the roster, his appearance might not be exactly the type of villain we all want to see. Master Kohga just oozes personality and uniqueness. I was considering having the Four Guardians with a switching mechanic but I feel a lot of people sleep on this beer-belly ninja. He would not only be goofy and bizarre in his taunts, poses, and such but could utilize various attacks and weapons that he uses in the games.

I feel going in and looking at not only one kind of move he uses in the Zelda games but the Yiga Clan, in general, would be a lot of fun when crafting his moveset. I also think we could get VERY creative with his animations. It is rather unfortunate that a lot of people sleep on this character despite the content he could bring as a character. It would also be a great juxtaposition to have as a counter against Sheik. While I still want the Four Guardians, I think Master Kohga would truly be an amazing addition to the roster. Furthermore, he could have some mechanics that incorporate those from TotK despite being absent in Link's moveset.

If you are still on the fence, here is a video of what Master Kohga can do in AoC

And his boss battle in TotK

What does it check off?
Includes a character from two insanely popular games? Check
Includes a bizarre/wtf character to the roster? Check
Would have a fun and unique moveset? Check
Adds another villain? Check

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok so since Venus said the last first-party fight has to be a well-known place in Nintendo's history, I have a perfect historical pick to cap off the first party newcomers for Infinite Beyond. Sure, it's a bit of an out-there pick but...it holds high significance to Nintendo and its games.

The Golfer/Sportsman (Golf, 1984)

View attachment 378588

What is Golf and who is the Golfer?

Golf was one of the seven original launch titles for the Famicom and was programmed by the former President of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata. This game was one of Iwata's first projects for Nintendo themselves. This simple game involved you basically playing golf. Sure, this game has many re-releases and other versions. But, it's worth noting that Golf itself has been an Easter Egg across many other Nintendo games. It was even hidden in the Switch firmware for some time as a tribute for Iwata himself! It shows how much this game has been looked back on. The NES/Famicom sports games have even led to things such as the Wii Sports games and Nintendo Switch Sports.

As for the Golfer himself, some materials say he is Mario. In Captain Rainbow, his name was Ossan. However, here, he won't be considered Mario and be considered a part of his own series. But, it's up for debate. He's just simply a man with a mustache and a golf outfit. Not too much personality but a simple icon here.

Why should the Golfer/Sportsman be the last first-party fighter?

Given that Super Smash Bros Infinite and Infinite: Beyond were made as continuations of Super Smash Bros Ultimate's vision, it's to be noted that Ultimate was one of Iwata's final missions and requests for Sakurai himself. Sakurai honored the vision as best as he could. Now, we honor it by bringing one of Iwata's first creations to Nintendo to the Smash Bros series in this universe.

Plus, I do not think we have many fighters that have movesets based around sports. Therefore, the Golfer/Sportsman fills that niche. We also get another retro/historical rep here as well so that's a first. Given all the picks so far have catered to fans, we should have at least one pick with a focus on historical significance to Nintendo/a more nicher pick. Now, moving forth in terms of moveset and content...

How would the Golfer/Sportsman fight? What content would he bring?

I believe the Golfer can fight with various sports equipment not just from Golf but also from games like Baseball, Tennis, Ice Hockey and even references to other sports games like the Wii Sports games. The character would have that 8-bit charm with it too. I would also like to think the character can also have a female alternate costume as well as Smash has never been afraid to add its own original twist on characters.

As for content, he can come with a slew of Nintendo sports game spirits and if there is room, a stage based on the NES Sports games and all that fun stuff.

Overall, the Golfer/Sportsman is an overlooked pick but here, I feel he would be a super fitting final first-party character for Super Smash Bros Infinite: Beyond given this game is for Iwata. Thank you Iwata-San for everything.
Keep in mind that we have agreed to include new Mii Fighter classes in the future. They are not apart of our launch package. The number has yet to be decided as well. We could incorporate this idea into them for the future.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While a lot of these submissions are excellent, I want to remind everyone that we would need to also submit moves and other additional content. For some, it would be easy and, for others, it would be hard. If I don't get content, then it's up to me to generate and include it. Submissions should also keep in mind that it should encourage submissions and activity by our community - not just a character you think would be fun or obscure. One of the hardest part of running this thread and the past one is getting a character who was submitted and having them win only for people to not want to submit content as they aren't sure what to submit. We need to keep this in mind when submitting and voting that this is a community-led project. Likewise, sometimes I also see submissions that are voted in because, well, the submission as content makes sense but not the execution of the submission does not. One such example was Shy Guys. SHy Guys as an assist trophy makes sense but the execution of the submission did not so I had to fill in the spaces and correct things that did not make sense in the submission so it was realizable in the game.

We should be reading submissiosn to ensure what we are voting for makes sense not only as content to add to the game but how it can be executed in a way that works. In some cases, the way it is written is simply impossible to execute/is poorly written.

Is Paper Mario eligable for entry
Yep

keleyeemoh

Smash Apprentice
Paper Mario joins the fold!

Paper Mario is a long-requested character with moveset potential that would differentiate him from regular Mario, using things like his hammer, his various partners, etc., and could use timed attacks as well. He's also relevant with the recently announced Thousand Year Door remake. I also just think it would be kind of neat, with Mario being the first Smash character, bringing it full circle to have a different Mario as the last first party character.

Edit:

Is Paper Mario eligable for entry
I'm so sorry, this popped up on my screen after I hit submit!

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Pauline (Mario)

Super Mario Odyssey

Pauline is one of the first 3 characters of the Mario franchise and the DK franchise, alongside Mario and DK themselves, coincidentally the characters labeled #1 and #2 in Ultimate and Infinite. Pauline has had a breakout role in Mario Odyssey and has slowly been added to many Mario spinoffs, quickly becoming the Rosalina of the Switch Era Mario franchise, with her most recent addition being Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Much like Rosalina used Mario's Galaxy moves, Pauline could utilize Mario's Odyssey moves and have a truly unique moveset. We haven't added a single female character in Infinite Beyond yet, which every game since 64, even counting Infinite and all the DLC seasons separately has, so Beyond could quite use some for gender diversity. Pauline would be a great addition to cap off Beyond as an iconic first party with a long history in her franchise, that has made a large resurgence in modern times as well.

Concept art of Pauline for Super Mario Odyssey

Last edited:
Top Bottom