• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which Final Smash should we include?

• Payload

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you to everyone who submitted the content! I greatly appreciate all the work you put forth into crafting submissions and then dedicating time and energy to crafting them. I truly appreciate it!

Alright, Tankman. You've got a lot of assists to pick for fighters. Let's see... which character you wanna pick for the game?
Wait, are you trying to resubmit Krystal?

Me: Yes.
Krystal (Star Fox)
View attachment 376009

"I'm not here to fight you. I came here because of a distress call"
Okay, I know that Krystal isn't my one of most wanted characters for smash, but I had no choice to give Star Fox a new rep...

Krystal is the one of major characters from Star Fox video game series, made by Nintendo & Argonaut Software and she is a vixen that came from planet Cerinia and she ended up in Sauria planet due to her home planet being destroyed and she was the survivor of her family. She befriended various dinosaurs on the planet, but she was attacked by Sharpclaw Galleon and she started to despise the tribe.

During the events of Star Fox Adventures, Fox saved her from General Scales and potentially Andross (the greater scope villain of the game) and she joined the Star Fox crew. After the time, she was married to Fox McCloud and they gave birth to Marcus McCloud (their offspring) and her son became a leader of new team Star Fox.

Krystal is considered as one of popular SF characters and she became popular among furry-obsessed people due to furry fans being ravenously obsessed with female furries.
Also she became one of most requested fighters for smash games because of her popularity.

As for their moveset, she would use her staff that can use a lot of ice-related moves. Heck, she could even borrow some moves from Fox & other Star Fox characters. Heck, we can give her original moves for creative liberty's sake.
She would be middleweight all-around fighter with no additional movement abilities.

She would use her Adventures design as default alt, but she could get Assault design as her alt. Her alts could reference Dinosaur tribes from SF Adventures.

I'm submitting her because:
1. We haven't got a new star fox rep since Smash Brawl (Wolf was the last one).
2. She is one of most requested fighters for the game.
3. We haven't got too much ice users in smash.
4. She is one of most popular Star Fox characters in star fox franchise and furry fandom.
5. First female fighter in definitive edition.
6. Also her inclusion in the game would potentially cause Nintendo to bring back the interest of making Star Fox games.
7. And for the last reason, she is very sensible choice for smash (like most of request fighters for smash bros)
King Hippo

Punch-Out is long overdue for some more representation and I think King Hippo would be a good candidate. His large size would make for a different enough character from Little Mac and considering how big bosses are in the series I think a boss would be a good choice for a character.
Character Name: Kracko
Character Origin: Kirby's Dream Land (1992)
Character Series: Kirby

Okay, so I'm aware this is probably a bit of an oddball pick, but please hear me out - I think this one's warranted and has a ton of potential.

First things first, Kracko is one of the single most reoccuring characters in the Kirby franchise, having been a boss who's existed since the very first game and continues to maintain relevance throughout - with him probably being only second to Whispy Woods in terms of reappearances of this kind beyond the main reoccurring cast and certain varieties of minor enemies. He's also a character who acts as an actual antagonistic force - we don't really have any villains in this roster yet, so it could potentially be really fun to include Kracko in this role! On top of this, this would actually be the first time Kracko's ever been playable, and it'd be a good opportunity to represent elements of how larger bosses in the franchise tend to work.

"But he doesn't have arms or legs, how would he fight?" Well, appearing in over 30 years of games gives him plenty of moveset potential! His primary form of attack would either have him change the shape of his own body, or utilise lightning-based attacks similar to that which you'd see from Kirby's Spark ability (and his various boss appearances, too!) That said, there's also plenty of potential beyond that - he's got a history of summoning in Waddle Doos which could work as a grounded form of projectile, and you could even give him a passive buff as he attacks more and darkens in colour! On top of this, attacks otherwise inspired by clouds or electricity would work wonders - he's already got things like a rainstorm, powerful lightning bolts, and smaller versions of himself known as Lil Krackos, so he's got potential in spades.

Plus, I think he'd be a very visually and mechanically unique character compared to others on the roster. Whilst the whole "large lightweight" has sort of been done with Mewtwo, Kracko's large size paired with his aerial prowess and large number of AoE attacks and full-body hitboxes would really make him feel like you're playing as a traditional Kirby boss, and I can imagine there's a lot of fun you could have with his animations to give him a really unique look compared to anyone else. That way, even those who aren't fans of the Kirby series can get something out of his inclusion! It's also worth considering that there's only five Kirby characters so far (with Infinite introducing two, one of which was an Echo Fighter!), so he wouldn't feel like he was bloating certain parts of the roster too much.

Overall, whilst I think he is a little bit of an unusual choice compared to those that people typically tend to suggest for the series (like Magolor, Gooey, Marx or otherwise), Infinite hasn't been a stranger to these kinds of choices before now (like Marin or Stylist, both of whom seem kind of bizarre at first glance but make sense in context) and Kracko kind of feels like he'd fit right at home. He's got unique potential in spades, plenty of legacy in one of Nintendo's flagship franchises, and a history of appearances to the point where he's arguably a natural candidate. Also I just think he's fun

side note as like, a fun little trivia tidbit, if kracko gets in he'd technically be the second kirby boss introduced in infinite beyond
Last 1st Part Character: Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club)

View attachment 378574

Ayumi Tachibana is the main character from Famicom Detective Club, she is a school girl who is solving a mutder mystery of her friend and she is a company of the protagonist from Famicom Detective Club.

Ayumi was considered was a fighter on Super Smash Bros. Melee,but she was cut,but while the remake of her games was released,it's a good option for Ayumi joins the Smash,also she appears on Super Mario Maker as mushroom costume.
View attachment 378577
VIRIDI

Who Is She?
Viridi, also known as Nachure (ナチュレ) in Japan, is the initial antagonist and eventual deuteragonist of Kid Icarus: Uprising, a 2012 rail-shooter/action game that put the perception of the franchise back on the map after Pit's debut in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. A diminutive Goddess of Nature, she holds a great desire for vengeance against and hatred for humanity, and her first moments involve dropping a Reset Bomb that wipes out a large-scale human battle and turns it into a sprawling forest. This puts her at odds with the goddess Palutena and to an extent the god Hades, who eventually becomes the true antagonist of the story.

After the invasion of the alien species called Aurums and the temporary lapse of Palutena into evil due to the Chaos Kin, Viridi develops somewhat of a bond with Pit, though it's somewhat more of an "annoyed sister-brother rivalry" type bond as they bicker about things despite the circumstances that made them work together. This was significant enough that she's become a major part of Smash 4's, and Smash Ultimate's, Palutena's Guidance dialogues where she gives her thoughts on certain characters, ranging from a crush on Link to a burning hatred for Mewtwo to motormouthed encyclopedic knowledge on Piranha Plants.

Why Viridi?
Viridi has been in a non-player role for three games, being a stage element in Reset Bomb Forest, a character in Palutena's Guidance, a Trophy in Smash 4 and a Spirit in Ultimate & Infinite. Her story role is significant enough and would represent the newer age of Kid Icarus, as everyone from the franchise we can play as in Smash (Except Dark Pit) only debuted in the NES game all those years ago. Furthermore, despite what you may think, Viridi would absolutely not be an Echo for Palutena, we already have that in Medusa. No, she could have abilities that revolve around both her abilities as a Goddess of Nature and her command over the Forces of Nature, with a Reset Bomb being a perfect Final Smash.

How Would She Play?
While Palutena and Medusa are more defensive in their kit, Viridi would lean a lot more towards being an aggressive fighter, dealing lots of damage quickly and reflecting her hatred for humans. She could use the Forces of Nature as aesthetic attacks, such as Nutskis as an aimable Neutral Special, Clobblers for a Side Smash, and riding a Meeba for an Up Special. Overall, Viridi would want you dead and want you dead fast.
Alright I ain't like extremely huge Nintendo fan, honestly most of their franchises are okaish for me, but there are two that are between my most loved ones until this day, one of them is Metroid and I do have ideas for Raven Beak and the Omega Metroid but I turned my head with a more likely and popular series, Kirby. I love Kirby it makes me happy, put a smile in my face no matter the ocasion, thought, something that makes me a little sad is the little to no representation of post-Air Ride content in Smash, while in Infinite we got the likes of Bandana Dee and Galacta Knight that are awesome, I would like to broad it a little more.

Now, I would like a lot of Kirby characters like Adeleine, Susie, Dark Meta Knight, the Mage Sisters or Dark Matter Blade that is the one I was more near to include since I think it would be awesome to play with it but it was also a retro pick and I'm more focused in rep Kirby's new era, so why not the game that had a remaster this year? That's why I'm submitting everyone's favorite capitalist cat egg Magolor! Magolor isn't just my option for the lols he is very popular (heck, over all dream friends that they could add in Fighters 2, they put him!) and is also kinda more important when you consider that his game is the first in this new era of Kirby with a particular style.

But well, how this dude would fight? We already were able to control him in three games: Star Allies, Kirby Fighters 2 and Return to Dreamland and considering that Kirby uses a control very similar to the one in Smash is easy to think that his moves could be translated for this context with a few tweaks. Some of his most notorious abilities are the use of portals to move, casting multiple types of elemental spells, summoning great swords and dark needles, gem apple bombs, heck do you want him sillier? you can put some references to his minigames from Merry Magoland too! This man is quite flexible in terms of options for moves. Depends of the selections how we will play but most likely his role would be a zoner with control over the distance of his opponents deciding when he can be afar of them with his multiple projectiles and large distance attacks and when to get closer with teleports and less damaging but helpful melee attacks.
Alear

Alear is the protagonist of Fire Emblem Engage, The Divine Dragon of Elyos and can call upon the Emblem Rings to summon heroes from Other Worlds.

Let me address the elephant in the room How can Alear differentiate themselves between the other Fire Emblem characters?

1. Weaponry

Alear has the sword Libération so they have access to the typical sword fighter range of attacks, Alear is also commonly depicted using Fist Arts,

this could be used to add a fist fighting, brawler aspect to their character. If that isn't enough Alear can also use legendary weapons given to them by the...

2. Emblem Rings

So the Emblem Rings are the biggest part of engage Alear can summon the main characters of all previous fire emblem games, and with the DLC other major character as well. This could be used in countless ways, Summon each Emblem to use their abilities, Using each emblem as an extension of Alear's own attacks and even Engaging with the Emblem and fuse together powering alear up and even granting Alear that heroes weapon

3. Sommie

Look at them

Not incorporating them in some aspect would be a tragedy.

---------
Alear would be a great pick because Alear is a new character with the ability to reference the rest of the franchises long history
View attachment 378586
Kamek
a pretty iconic Nintendo character at this point, having roles in all sorts of games and even a big role in the Mario movie. He'd serve as a second rep for the Yoshi franchise, which is the only original 12 franchise without a second rep. He'd be a magic user, with plenty of creative spells and things he could summon and conjur. He could also use his broom to fly. We haven't really added a villain yet unless you count Louie. We do have a lot of Mario associated characters already but it is super freaking mario, after all.
Ok so since Venus said the last first-party fight has to be a well-known place in Nintendo's history, I have a perfect historical pick to cap off the first party newcomers for Infinite Beyond. Sure, it's a bit of an out-there pick but...it holds high significance to Nintendo and its games.

The Golfer/Sportsman (Golf, 1984)

View attachment 378588

What is Golf and who is the Golfer?

Golf was one of the seven original launch titles for the Famicom and was programmed by the former President of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata. This game was one of Iwata's first projects for Nintendo themselves. This simple game involved you basically playing golf. Sure, this game has many re-releases and other versions. But, it's worth noting that Golf itself has been an Easter Egg across many other Nintendo games. It was even hidden in the Switch firmware for some time as a tribute for Iwata himself! It shows how much this game has been looked back on. The NES/Famicom sports games have even led to things such as the Wii Sports games and Nintendo Switch Sports.

As for the Golfer himself, some materials say he is Mario. In Captain Rainbow, his name was Ossan. However, here, he won't be considered Mario and be considered a part of his own series. But, it's up for debate. He's just simply a man with a mustache and a golf outfit. Not too much personality but a simple icon here.

Why should the Golfer/Sportsman be the last first-party fighter?

Given that Super Smash Bros Infinite and Infinite: Beyond were made as continuations of Super Smash Bros Ultimate's vision, it's to be noted that Ultimate was one of Iwata's final missions and requests for Sakurai himself. Sakurai honored the vision as best as he could. Now, we honor it by bringing one of Iwata's first creations to Nintendo to the Smash Bros series in this universe.

Plus, I do not think we have many fighters that have movesets based around sports. Therefore, the Golfer/Sportsman fills that niche. We also get another retro/historical rep here as well so that's a first. Given all the picks so far have catered to fans, we should have at least one pick with a focus on historical significance to Nintendo/a more nicher pick. Now, moving forth in terms of moveset and content...

How would the Golfer/Sportsman fight? What content would he bring?

I believe the Golfer can fight with various sports equipment not just from Golf but also from games like Baseball, Tennis, Ice Hockey and even references to other sports games like the Wii Sports games. The character would have that 8-bit charm with it too. I would also like to think the character can also have a female alternate costume as well as Smash has never been afraid to add its own original twist on characters.

As for content, he can come with a slew of Nintendo sports game spirits and if there is room, a stage based on the NES Sports games and all that fun stuff.

Overall, the Golfer/Sportsman is an overlooked pick but here, I feel he would be a super fitting final first-party character for Super Smash Bros Infinite: Beyond given this game is for Iwata. Thank you Iwata-San for everything.
Newcomer Submission - Vatti (The Legend of Zelda)
View attachment 378589
Vatti is probably the second most important Zelda villain, after Ganon(dorf). A powerful minish mage, he fought the second known incarnation of Link, in The Minish Cap. He also makes a more monstrous appearance in the Four Swords games, and with the seeming destruction of Ganondorf I wouldn't be surprised if he was the main antagonist of the third Wildverse game. Our last Zelda addition was Marin, who is... unconventional, Vatti would be more interesting to many fans. His wind spells would be nifty.
Captain Toad finally finds his treasure! - newcomer submission

View attachment 378593
(look at the little guy)

captains toads (or normal toad) exclusion from the roster feels really weird especially since the toad species has been around since the first 2d side scrolling mario game and continues to appear in the new games

toads have also been playable in other games like smb 2, the nsmb games and 3d world (so if you really wanted to you could pull moves from those games normally using the power-ups available)

he could fight using turnips, the super pickaxe, his backpack and power-ups! (also potential heavyweight depending on how we make him)
EVR Racer (EVR Race)
View attachment 378594

Believe it or not. The character I am submitting is from Nintendo's very first video game back in 1975. The EVR Racer is from EVR Race (1975) which was a horse racing simulator. Sorta like an arcade where players would bet on a horse or a racecar. Nintendo's first experiment to work with video output to screen technology, eventually leading to their most well-known history with video games. Making this racer to represent the late 70s which was an era that played a good part into shaping Nintendo into what we know today. Not to undermine Mr. Game and Watch in general.

But how would this translate this obscure betting simulator character into Smash? Well, this character would be a racer and horse. Kinda acting similar to Johnny Joestar from JJBA ASB who uses a horse to walk around. The textures and model of this racer would be hand-drawn style or least something similar to Mr. Game and Watch but more colorful. Or perhaps an reimagining like Duck Hunt.

As for moveset, the racer could reference things from his time period such as using Sheriff, Space Fever, and Color TV-Game to fight. Maybe be able to briefly change into an race car with the use of the cabinet operator able to put the tapes to where the clips would play race cars rather than horses. This racer can develop an unique moveset that represents an era in Nintendo's history as a whole. For content, we could bring sprites from the late 1970s period of Nintendo like the ones I mentioned above or even across from the company in general.

Even if he is from an obscure game in general, he is rather important in the company's history as Nintendo's entrance into making video games. It would really be a good send-off as the last first-person rep for this game.
Master Kohga

Villains within the Zelda universe that have staying power in the minds of Zelda fans include Skull Kid (one game discounting remasters), Vaati (the single most villain with more appearances other than Ganon/dorf), and Ghirahaium (again, one appearance discounting remasters). However, one character who has made such an impact within the franchise to the point that, despite not being a main boss, still has staying power within the series is the villain from Breath of the Wild, Age of Calamity, and Tears of the Kingdom is the leader of the Yiga Clan, Master Kohga.

While Master Hand does serve as a villain on the roster, his appearance might not be exactly the type of villain we all want to see. Master Kohga just oozes personality and uniqueness. I was considering having the Four Guardians with a switching mechanic but I feel a lot of people sleep on this beer-belly ninja. He would not only be goofy and bizarre in his taunts, poses, and such but could utilize various attacks and weapons that he uses in the games.

I feel going in and looking at not only one kind of move he uses in the Zelda games but the Yiga Clan, in general, would be a lot of fun when crafting his moveset. I also think we could get VERY creative with his animations. It is rather unfortunate that a lot of people sleep on this character despite the content he could bring as a character. It would also be a great juxtaposition to have as a counter against Sheik. While I still want the Four Guardians, I think Master Kohga would truly be an amazing addition to the roster. Furthermore, he could have some mechanics that incorporate those from TotK despite being absent in Link's moveset.

If you are still on the fence, here is a video of what Master Kohga can do in AoC

And his boss battle in TotK

What does it check off?
Includes a character from two insanely popular games? Check
Includes a bizarre/wtf character to the roster? Check
Would have a fun and unique moveset? Check
Adds another villain? Check
Paper Mario joins the fold!

Paper Mario is a long-requested character with moveset potential that would differentiate him from regular Mario, using things like his hammer, his various partners, etc., and could use timed attacks as well. He's also relevant with the recently announced Thousand Year Door remake. I also just think it would be kind of neat, with Mario being the first Smash character, bringing it full circle to have a different Mario as the last first party character.

Edit:

I'm so sorry, this popped up on my screen after I hit submit!
Pauline (Mario)

Super Mario Odyssey

Pauline is one of the first 3 characters of the Mario franchise and the DK franchise, alongside Mario and DK themselves, coincidentally the characters labeled #1 and #2 in Ultimate and Infinite. Pauline has had a breakout role in Mario Odyssey and has slowly been added to many Mario spinoffs, quickly becoming the Rosalina of the Switch Era Mario franchise, with her most recent addition being Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Much like Rosalina used Mario's Galaxy moves, Pauline could utilize Mario's Odyssey moves and have a truly unique moveset. We haven't added a single female character in Infinite Beyond yet, which every game since 64, even counting Infinite and all the DLC seasons separately has, so Beyond could quite use some for gender diversity. Pauline would be a great addition to cap off Beyond as an iconic first party with a long history in her franchise, that has made a large resurgence in modern times as well.

Concept art of Pauline for Super Mario Odyssey
Here they are in list form:

1. Krystal (Star Fox)
  2. King Hippo (Punch-Out!!)
  3. Kracko (Kirby)
  4. Ayumi Tachibana (Famicon Detective)
  5. Viridi (Kid Icarus)
  6. Magalor (Kirby)
  7. Alear (Fire Emblem)
  8. Kamek (Yoshi)
  9. Golfer (Golf)
  10. Vaati (Zelda)
  11. Captain Toad (Mario)
  12. EVR Racer (EVR Race)
  13. Master Kohga (Zelda)
  14. Paper Mario (Mario)
  15. Pauline (Mario)

I understand that we have three Mario submissions but with our vast amount of submissions for this job in comparison to our Echo job, the risk of cannibalizing each other is rather low. Had we had two more, then I would have grouped them up.

Now, a couple of things to keep in mind when voting:

1) The character needs to bring enough content for a moveset so vote knowing we will have to have a moveset crafting session. These can be extremely prolific (Crazy Dave) or entirely domineered by a few individuals (Lloyd Irving).

2) This will be our last first-party character prior to third-party submission who is our last revealed character

3) Our roster will be more scrutinized due to being an enhanced port of Infinite and a smaller roster. This character needs to hit and hit hard in order to get people signed up to purchase the product. So far, we have had several fun additions such as Gholdengo and Louie but also a heavy hitter in Smash's history with Master Hand and Saki. With that being said, we need a character to help sell the product.

GO HERE TO VOTE

I do have a job upcoming but I want to open up discussion for people about which characters you think best fits the bill for this roster spot.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Discussion

Krystal
A pretty popular pick. Star Fox hasn't gotten a new character since Brawl, and while i 'd personally prefer Slippy, Krystal isn't a bad pick. Personally feel like the three we have is enough, and maybe that's just because I've never quite "got" the fandom for Krystal, but she's not a bad pick at all and makes sense if we wanna go for a popularity pick.

King Hippo
Honestly not a bad shout! The Punch Out bosses are up there as far as iconic Nintendo characters go. He'd give us another heavyweight and another villain. Punch -Out probably doesn't need the second rep, and is an inactive seires, but I don't think that's that big an issue.

Kracko
I like the idea of a Kirby boss and I'm not opposed to a limbless character but I just kinda don't vibe with this, honestly. Not a bad idea but there's others i'd prefer. Kirby also has a lot of characters already .

Ayumi
Is there a rule that she has to be submitted for every round or something? All joking aside, I do think she's a fun pick that we could do a lot with, and is a cool idea of we we wanna do a retro pick. I feel like Saki kinda fills that role for us here though.

Viridi
A fifth Kid Icarus character feels a little weird if I'm honest. I do think she could have a very fun moveset but it just feels like a bit much.

Magalor
If Kirby was to get another pick, this would be my choice. Popular, moveset potential and with some recency.

Alear
This is the "oh, of course" pick. Putting aside all the " too much FE" talk, I do think Alear is one of the more interesting FE pick moveset wise. It feels a bit flavor of the month, something we've already dipped into with Gholdengo, but is a pretty sensible pick. Not the most exciting and i 'd maybe like something a bit more out there, but not a bad pick.

Golfer \ EVR Racer
I'm all for historical pulls and unexpected picks but this feels a little much. I don't really think "not really a character" is a valid exuse since Game & Watch exists but this is just "eh". I could be convinced otherwise but right now these aren't the kind of picks I'm interested in

Vaati
I think he's really cool. Honestly Zelda could always use more characters. We do already have a handheld Zelda side character but they obviously do very different things. He's not the most relevant character now and he didn't even get in Hyrule Warriors, but it' d be cool to bring him back.

Master Kohga
I actually really like this idea. The BOTW side of Zelda has introduced a lot of characters so I think it's be cool to give it a rep, and while most people, myself included, would probably prefer one of the champions, I think Kohga is genuinely a pretty good pick. Another villian and representa a big part of the series. Would be an unexpected pick, which I think could be good. Also he's funny.

Captain Toad
Toad is arguably the biggest Nintendo character not on our roster yet. I do think Captain is preferable to just a normal Toad. I think designing around things like his lack of jumps could be very fun. We do have a lot of Mario characters already but it is Mario.

Paper Mario
If we wanna go for a fan pleasing pull then this is a big one. The series is getting a remake of its most acclaimed game. There's so much moveset potential here. Personally I've always preferred the idea of representing the series with a partner character like Goombella or Vivian but this isn't a bad shout at all.

Paluine
Pauline went from being a pretty obscure trivia pull to being a logical "oh of course" pull in such a a short time . She has become a fairly recurring part of the Mario spin off cast now and even shows up in the Mario movie. I think she could have a really cool moveset making use of both her singing abilities and objects and elements from the retro Donkey Kong games.

Abstaining from Kamek due to being my own submission. I don't intend offence with any of this since it's just my opinions. I'm very surprised to see no Raven Beak or Sylux to be honest

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
My discussion about the characters

Krystal
Krystal is a great pick,she is very popular character by the Star Fox fandom and...the furry community,but it's could be great that Krystal's potancial moveset is not a clone or pseudo-clone from Fox,as i said on the discussion about characters who are assist trophies and they will become playable,Krystal will be a 2nd Party character on Smash Infinite

King Hippo
King Hippo is also a great pick,but not too popular as Geno or any other Nintendo character most asked,and it will be good that Punch Out series gains a 2nd character

Ayumi
I sumbitted this character,and consider she as a good pick,Smash have always retro reps (except ultimate),and it will be good a kind of cult classic series on Smash,and bring back one of the cutted characters

Viridi
Viridi for me is fine,and it's okay Kid Icarus gains and 5th character,while her moveset should be okay

Magalor
Magalor is a good pick,i like Kirby series,Magalor have a good potencial moveset and Final Smash

Alear (AKA Colgate-Chan)
Here's come a biggest controversy on Smash community,that is a lot of Fire Emblem characters on Smash and that discussion of "generic anime swordsfighter",i don't know a lot about Fire Emblem,Alear on my opinion is a meh pick,but it's fine a modern pick

Golfer
Hmm,good choice,but it's not very plensant for me

EVR Racer
The choice is very interesting,potencial retro character,potencial legacy character,but i think the moveset could be weird,a horse racer on Smash is a weird pick

Vaati
Vaati is a good choice,and it will be good a non-ganondorf villain on Smash,and also a Zelda character who is not 3 Links and 2 Zeldas

Captain Toad
Captain Toad is a good choice,he is very asked and people prefers him than Normal Toad,for me,i'm more who likes Normal Toad in Smash than Captain Toad,Captain fits more as Alt costume.

Master Kohga
Who?,i don't know about BoTW or ToTK

Paper Mario
Paper Mario is still a good choice,but i don't want that the character roster will have one more Mario,and it will be similar to 3 Links as i said on the last discussion of assist trophies being playable characters

Kamek
Kamek is a great pick,but the ask is which franchise he will be used to rep?,Mario or Yoshi?,i prefer Kamek as a Yoshi rep and for Yoshi not is the only character

Pauline
sorry but no,Pauline don't have a kind of potencial moveset for me

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry, once again I became distracted. Here are the results of our voting! We had twenty votes total, 18 of these being within the first few hours! That being said, we have a clear winner to the point that I feel it's ok to call the voting period closed

Name5 Points4 Points3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Krystal 5 (25)3 (12)1 (3)1 (2)042
King Hippo1 (5)02 (6)2 (2)114
Kracko000011
Ayumi Tachibana2 (10)2 (8)1 (3)1 (2)225
Viridi003 (9)0110
Magalor1 (5)4 (16)1 (3)4 (8)032
Alear02 (8)1 (3)0415
Kamek1 (5)2 (8)3 (9)1 (2)126
Golfer1 (5)1 (4)1 (3)1 (2)115
Vaati02 (8)2 (6)2 (4)018
Captain Toad2 (10)002 (4)117
EVR Racer1 (5)001 (2)18
Master Kohga2 (10)2 (8)1 (3)0425
Paper Mario2 (10)1 (4)3 (9)2 (4)128
Paulina2 (10)1 (4)1 (3)3 (6)124

Please check down below for who won the voting and who will be rounding off our first-party lineup which is joining Master Hand, Saki, Gholdengo, and Louie. In addition, this will be one that is hopefully well-received by fans...

Krystal joins the fight

Krystal has always performed consistently in polls gaining a lot of votes but never to cinch victory. This has been the case since the start so it's wonderful to see her finally join but also join the Star Fox roster which is HUGE given there hasn't been a new character since Brawl (or Ultimate if you consider Wolf joining). Krystal managed to gain 5 5-point votes with a total of 42 votes. I feel this is a great character to round off a launch roster that has both off-picks and crowd-pleasers. We will run out next job concerning Krystal in the next few hours.

Thank you to all of those who voted and submitted!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Moving on, here is what you can expect:
  • Newcomer gameplay/moveset submissions
  • Newcomer additional content submissions
  • First Party Assist Trophy submissions
  • First Party Mii Costumes (I was holding off on particular submissions so we could finish up our first party voting)
  • Game Mode
  • Bayonetta 3 Content
  • Saki & Gholdengo Trailers
  • Boss Submission
  • Third Party Spirit Submissions

If what I want to cover is correct, we will be launching Infinite Beyond near the end of October; close to Halloween.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please check the top of the poll for a decision regarding our newcomer! I am waiting to get the front page set up and I need to decide what will her make appearance be before hand. I have to repair her icon for the front page, her render artwork, and her stock icon

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok, so like I said, we will be voting on which appearance for Krystal to go with. The original Adventures costume or the more streamlined Assault costume. Regardless, they both will be made available but which one will be the default?

Krystal Moveset

Thankfully, Krystal is a rather easy character to create movesets for; especially considering she has been in the "create-a-moveset" factory for so long now. Krystal will be using her trademark staff in battle but also has access to other high-tech weaponry that we can draw from. Since all Space Animals utilize moves that are, more or less, new to Smash. I think having Krystal incorporate both types of moves: the original ones but also the ones we create is appropriate.

Here is Krystal's Smash Flash 2 wikia page.
Here is Krystal Smash Crusade wikia page.

Here is a video comparing Krystal in both games

Here is a Mod for Krystal in Ultimate

We will be submitting the following content:

• Neutrals
    • Jabs, Dash, etc
    • Tilts
      • Ftilt
      • Utilt
      • Dtilt
    • Smashes
      • FSmash
      • USmash
      • DSmash
    • Aerials
      • Nair
      • Fair
      • Bair
      • Uair
      • Dair
    • Throws
      • Fthrow
      • Bthrow
      • Uthrow
      • Dthrow
    • Misc
      • Floor Attack
      • Edge Attack
  • Specials
    • Neutral
    • Side
    • Up
    • Down
  • Final Smash

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Jab:
Krystal will perform a straight left punch first, then a straight right punch with staff in hand. The third hit has her extend the staff's length to create a long-range poke. Alternatively, Krystal twirls the staff in front of her for as long as the player mashes A.

Down Smash:
Ground Quake
Krystal charges her staff with power and readies to make a big jump. Upon release, she leaps up and smashes the staff into the ground, creating a seismic wave that causes the stage to ripple, dealing 17% damage on hit and

Neutral Special:
1696209372866.png

Fire Blaster
Krystal enters a stance where she can attain 360-degree aim and shoot a fiery projectile in the direction of the joystick. The projetile deals 8% damage and decent knockback, and can be fired a little frequently.

Side Special:
1696209049736.png

Ice Blaster
Krystal props her staff up and unleashes a torrent of cold in front of her, just like her Assist Trophy. This deals a total of 13% damage and freezes.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Ftilt: Spins her staff in front of her
Utilt: Swings her tail upwards

FSmash: Krystal thrusts her staff forward and fires a short beam
USmash: Krystal twirls her staff around above her head
DSmash: Krystal jumps up and slams her staff into the ground, creating a large shockwave that downs grounded opponents

Nair: Krystal does a "sex kick"
Fair: Krystal kicks forwards twice
Bair: Krystal does a split kick, hitting out on both sides of her
Uair: Krystam thrusts upwards with her staff, which which will then shoot out a short burst of magic .
Dair: Krystal thrusts downward with her staff, which will then shoot out a short burst of magic .

Up Special:
StaffRocketBooster.jpg

Rocket Boost

Krystal will point the tip of the staff to the ground and then boost off into the air with a rocket from the base of her staff, Krystal will launch straight upward with great speed and delivering upward knockback, with the most DMG at the tip of the staff. The discharge from the boost can damage enemies.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Super happy with this (pretty much my most excited newcomer addition in Beyond so far and my first real S-tier addition in terms of my personal wants), Krystal has been a character I've been wanting since the beginning of the Infinite thread (I think she was the first character I submitted to the original thread if my memory serves correctly). When both Isaac and Geno got added, she really did feel like the last of the big Brawl Era requests left, so I'm glad she finally clinched victory this time.

Now let's pretend that in this universe, a new Star Fox game where Krystal actually has a major role in the story (and that isn't just a retelling of Star Fox SNES/64's story) is released on the current Nintendo system and everyone celebrates even more.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I plan on including full movesets for our characters in our character area but, for now, I plan on including just the Specials. I’m thinking of space and such to ensure the front page loads nicely. Anyways, we have a great moveset so far but lacking a down special and a Final Smash

sal ig

Smash Apprentice
krystal is my opinion the most fun character in ssf2 so im bringing something over from her moveset there and its...

dash attack - krystal plants her staff on the ground and attacks with a twirling kick. It has low endlag, stops all of Krystal's forward momentum, turns her around, and sends opponents backward, making it useful for combos.

down special - krystal would throw a grenade that would explode on contact with an opponent or after 3 seconds if nothing touches it (krystal would only be able to throw one of these at a time)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for your submissions!

We will be commencing into....

Krystal Additional Content Submissions
This will include the following:

Entrance Animation (1)
Idle Poses (2)
Taunts (4)
Victory Screens (3)
Splash Tag Line (1)
Crowd Cheer (1)
Kirby Hat (1)
Boxing Ring Title (1)
Palutena's Guidance (1)
Snake Codec (1)
Classic MOde Route (1)

In addition...

Krystal Alternate Costume Submissions

We will be submitting alternate costumes (colors) for Krystal.

Here is how they are set up. We have her two outfits from both Assault and Adventure. Command shares a color swap with Assault which is her default outfit. We need to submit nine more colors based on these outfits.

Dark Blue
Assault Outfit
Pink
Command outfit
White
Adventures Outfit

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Content Submissions:

Entrance: Taking from her fellow Star Fox compatriots, a CloudRunner swoops down to the stage and Krystal hops off them, planting her staff into the earth to get a firm footing on the ground before entering her idle stance.

Kirby Hat: Kirby gains a wig based on Krystal's hair, wings and tiara.

Boxing Ring Title: "Star Fox's Almighty Empath"

Costume:
1696285480807.png

Prince Tricky (Yellow Assault Outfit)
Fox's sidekick during his time on Cerinia. In Smash, Krystal's bodysuit becomes yellow with wine-purple trimmings to replicate the dinosaur prince, and all the metal parts of her design such as her belt and tiara turn into a golden color.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Classic Mode: Instalment Upgrade (name pending). Krystal battles opponents, well know for the Dolled up Instalment trope
Stage 1vs :ultkirby:Arena: Dreamland 64
Theme: Gourmet Race (Brawl)
Puyo Puyo got released on SNES under the title: Kirby Avalance
Stage 2vs Dr.EggmanArena: Green Hill Zone
Theme: E.G.G.M.A.N
Puyo Puyo got released on Genesis under the title: Dr.Robotniks Mean Bean Machine
Stage 3vs :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach:Arena: Mario Bros 2 Stage
Theme: Boss Battle SMB 2
Super Mario Bros 2 was a sprite mod for Doki Doki Panic
Stage 4vs :ultdiddy::ultbanjokazooie:Arena: Kongo Jungle 64
Theme: Jungle Level (Brawl)
Diddy Kong racing was supposed to be a sequel to R.C. Pro Aim
Stage 5vs :ultpikachu::ultcharizard:Arena: Pokémon Stadium (Brawl)
Theme: Pokémon Gym/Evolution
Pokémon ended up having a puzzle quest game under their belt
Stage 6vs :ultmegaman:Arena: Willy’s Castle
Theme: Flash Man
Megaman 3 the robots are revolting is supposed to be a game called Ecoman
Stage 7vs :ultyoshi::ultwolf:Ratchet and Clank (:ultfox::ultfalco:are allies)Arena: Lylat Cruise
Theme: Star Fox theme (Brawl)
Star Fox adventures is supposed to be a game called dinosaur planet
Bonus StageRace to the finishRace to the Finish themeN/A
Final Stagevs Giant :ultdk:Arena: Kongo Jungle 64Donkey Kong had a few games that became dolled up instalments

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Classic Mode: Instalment Upgrade (name pending). Krystal battles opponents, well know for the Dolled up Instalment trope
Puyo Puyo got released on Genesis under the title: Dr.Robotniks Mean Bean Machine
Stage 7vs :ultyoshi::ultwolf:Ratchet and Clank (:ultfox::ultfalco:are allies)Arena: Lylat Cruise
Final Stagevs Giant :ultdk:Arena: Kongo Jungle 64Donkey Kong had a few games that became dolled up instalments
What do you mean by “dolled up installments”?

Edit; Oh I get what you mean. Basically a classic mode based on characters who based on games that were originally planned as another game but then got rebranded to another one. It’s a bit of a strange idea but could work. I’ll probably iron out some of the kinks on it. Though I think also having a classic mode that is against dinosaur-like fighters is fine.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Suggestion, I think Stage 5 should utilize Pikachu and Yoshi instead of Pikachu and Charizard, since both Pokemon and Yoshi had their own Panel de Pon reskins

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Honestly I think that classic mode idea is a little too inside baseball imo

Up Taunt - Krystal her staff on her shoulders and says "Stop joking around.".
Side Taunt - Krystal swings her staff to the side and says “Is that the best you can do?”
Down Taunt - Krystal plants her staff on the ground and says "Try me.".

Victory Theme: Same as the Star Fox Trio

Victory Animations
  • Animation 1: Krystal performs a 4-point strike, before twirling her staff behind her.
  • Animation 2: Krystal spins her staff and launches it into the air, catching it and holding the pose.
  • Animation 3: Based off her victory animation from Star Fox: Assault, Krystal stands her staff upright with one hand, and leans forward. She shakes her finger with her free hand and says “You’re not ready yet!”

SF0Monroe.png

Pink: Based on Katt Monroe

To be honest I think she should have alts based on all the female star fox characters

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Suggestion, I think Stage 5 should utilize Pikachu and Yoshi instead of Pikachu and Charizard, since both Pokemon and Yoshi had their own Panel de Pon reskins
I did consider that, but I had Yoshi planned for the Star Fox Adventures round to represent the dinosaurs.
Also is was a way to represent some lesser games and their origin stories.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you for your submissions! I will be working on adding them to the front page. It's taken a while to get Krystal up and working due to work but we will get there.

Our next job will be...

New First-Party Assist Trophy Submissions

Previously, we voted to include a playable first-party in the roster. We will now fill up several slots of our first-party Assist Trophies to finish up that list. Here are our current additions:

• Labo Robot
  • Mallow
  • MC Horace
  • Nintendog
  • Nintendo EShop Bag
  • Oatchi
  • Parabo & Satebo
  • Shy Guy
  • Waddle Doo

And here is our list of Assist Trophies that never made the jump to playable form for our roster...

• Adeleine & Ribbon (Kirby)
  • Ayumi Tachibana (Famicon Detective)
  • Balance Board (Wii Fit)
  • Bokoblin (The Legend of Zelda)
  • Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo!)
  • Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong)
  • The Darklord (Miitopia)
  • DJ Adore & the Love Posse (Rhythm Heaven)
  • Eggplant Wizard (Kid Icarus)
  • Elite Beat Agents (Elite Beat Agents)
  • E.M.M.I. (Metroid)
  • Euden (Dragalia Lost)
  • Flick (Animal Crossing)
  • Jenna Anderson (Astral Chain)
  • Jena (Golden Sun)
  • Jody Summers (F-Zero)
  • Medli (The Legend of Zelda)
  • Mike Jones (Star Tropics)
  • Mona (WarioWare)
  • Muddy Mole (Mole Panic)
  • Paper Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
  • Pokey (Super Mario Bros.)
  • Poochy (Yoshi)
  • Pyoro (WarioWare)
  • Seteth (Fire Emblem)
  • Wave Racers (Wave Race)
  • Zeke & Pandora (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Please submit a First-Party character while highlighting what that assist trophy does when summoned and what series it is from?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1696362766021.png

Olaf (Advance Wars)
A former Orange Star commander-turned-Blue Moon commander, Olaf is the player's first adversary in the campaign, a generally well-balanced character that gets a lot more aggressive during snow. In Smash, Olaf will use his Super CO Power, Winter Fury, to cover the stage in a thick layer of snow that reaches as high as Kirby, lowers the jump height and ground movement of everyone except the summoner, and inflicts a heal-over-time of 1% per second to the summoner and allies for the 10 seconds this snow lingers.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
EVR Racers (EVR Race)

sddefault.jpg

Okay, I was going to resubmit that Endless Ocean assist that I submitted before. But, since I got inspired by the submission Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999 did for the latest newcomer job, why not throw in one of the oldest pieces of Nintendo's video game history as an assist? I always felt other content besides fighters would work perfectly for some historical representation in Infinite Beyond.

The horses, jockeys, and race cars would appear and dart across the stage. They appear in a big hoard as they are racing back and forth. They are an EXCELLENT assist for stage control causing about 20% damage to any foes they encounter and can send opponents flying! After a few seconds, the racers just disappear. You can't KO them though!

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
NES Athletes

Based on the various title Nintendo made under the Sports Series brand for NES. 2 of 4 possible sprites (from Baseball, Tennis, Golf, Soccer/Football) will occupy both corners of the stage and Swing, Hit, Kick, etc. their sport ball of choice at opponents, the smaller the ball the quicker it will be but all do around the same damage & knockback.

If one side KOs more opponents than the other at the end of the assist a Pro Wrestler sprite will appear next to that sprite & briefly give the iconic "A Winner is You" quote.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
View attachment 377778
Assist Trophy: Ring Fit Trainee

The Ring Fit Trainee will run around while performing feats of exercise and endurance. The longer they are left to run and exercise, the more powerful the shots they fire from the Fit Ring item. This concept is to keep the Ring Fit Trainee going until they can build up enough power. It doesn’t matter how many times they fire it but then being damaged decreases the damage output. The damage increases by 3% fir every second with a total of 45% with each blast if the trainee isn’t damaged at all
Resubmitting this one.

If you resubmit, please ping me.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You can resubmit prior assist trophies or convert first party character submissions into assist trophies.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Drageaux_qHughesCutout.png

Dragaux (Ring for Adventure)
he will stand in the middle of the stage and flex, working out. His flexes create shockwaves that can stun an opponent.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Reminder, these are the last Assist Trophies to make it into the game for first-party properties

View attachment 377778
Assist Trophy: Ring Fit Trainee

The Ring Fit Trainee will run around while performing feats of exercise and endurance. The longer they are left to run and exercise, the more powerful the shots they fire from the Fit Ring item. This concept is to keep the Ring Fit Trainee going until they can build up enough power. It doesn’t matter how many times they fire it but then being damaged decreases the damage output. The damage increases by 3% fir every second with a total of 45% with each blast if the trainee isn’t damaged at all
View attachment 378747
Olaf (Advance Wars)
A former Orange Star commander-turned-Blue Moon commander, Olaf is the player's first adversary in the campaign, a generally well-balanced character that gets a lot more aggressive during snow. In Smash, Olaf will use his Super CO Power, Winter Fury, to cover the stage in a thick layer of snow that reaches as high as Kirby, lowers the jump height and ground movement of everyone except the summoner, and inflicts a heal-over-time of 1% per second to the summoner and allies for the 10 seconds this snow lingers.
EVR Racers (EVR Race)

View attachment 378759

Okay, I was going to resubmit that Endless Ocean assist that I submitted before. But, since I got inspired by the submission Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999 did for the latest newcomer job, why not throw in one of the oldest pieces of Nintendo's video game history as an assist? I always felt other content besides fighters would work perfectly for some historical representation in Infinite Beyond.

The horses, jockeys, and race cars would appear and dart across the stage. They appear in a big hoard as they are racing back and forth. They are an EXCELLENT assist for stage control causing about 20% damage to any foes they encounter and can send opponents flying! After a few seconds, the racers just disappear. You can't KO them though!
NES Athletes

Based on the various title Nintendo made under the Sports Series brand for NES. 2 of 4 possible sprites (from Baseball, Tennis, Golf, Soccer/Football) will occupy both corners of the stage and Swing, Hit, Kick, etc. their sport ball of choice at opponents, the smaller the ball the quicker it will be but all do around the same damage & knockback.

If one side KOs more opponents than the other at the end of the assist a Pro Wrestler sprite will appear next to that sprite & briefly give the iconic "A Winner is You" quote.
Resubmitting this one.

If you resubmit, please ping me.
View attachment 378785
Dragaux (Ring for Adventure)
he will stand in the middle of the stage and flex, working out. His flexes create shockwaves that can stun an opponent.
Here they are in listed form:

• Olaf (Advanced Wars)
  • EVR Racers (EVR Race)
  • NES Atheletes
  • Ring Fit Trainee
  • Draugnax
Here is the link to vote

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
First-Party Mii Fighter Submissions

We will be submitting first-party Mii Costumes. We have a noticeable lack of costumes for the first party and this will be our last one to have submissions. If you have any first-party costumes that you wish to submit, please do so. Please provide the name, series, and what kind of Mii Costume it is.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Sommie Outfit (Brawler)

As is from Fire Emblem Engage but resized to fit a mii.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As a reminder but also to give out new information, here is how our stuff is going to roll out. We are actually coming to the last of our content

1. One more fighter (including 2-3 days of character crafting)
  2. 2 more stages to include
  3. Finishing up First Party Assists (2)
  4. Finishing up Third Party Assists (1)
  5. Finishing up First Party Mii Costumes (4 - if we can get them in)
  6. Finishing up Third Party Mii Costumes (2)
  7. Bayonetta 3 Content (Spirits, music, and alternate costumes for Bayo)
  8. Fleshing out two of our game modes (Battle Hub and Stage Variations)
  9. Trailers for Saki, Gholdengo, Louie, Krystal, and our last fighter
  10. Finishing up Third Party Spirits
  11. Adding one more new Bosses
  12. Adding a new Episode shortly after Launch
So, if things go as planned, we will be done in 15 days with 10/20 being our launch date.

Last edited:
Top Bottom