• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice
Here are the videos off legan's competent link vs my incompetent ganon

Toga (ganon) vs Legan (link) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C_qwpSUwps

Toga (ganon) vs Legan (link) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toVj7ZeJe90

Toga (ganon) vs Legan (link) 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMzwOAhxiB0

Toga (ganon) vs Legan (link) 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alxfKONsEuk

Toga (ganon) vs Legan (link) 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwiuQX4il9k

Toga (ganon) vs Legan (link) 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K35sn2tSxPE

Toga (ganon) vs Legan (link) 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsFQiJDT6rk

Legan, feel free to post them in the link boards. I'm terrified of the ganon boards right now, haha. I don't think they know I play wario.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Great Moments In History For January 30th:

1649 - King Charles I of England is beheaded.
1862 - The first American ironclad warship, the USS Monitor is launched.
1944 - World War II: United States troops land on Majuro.
1964 - Spacecraft Ranger 6 is launched.
1969 - The Beatles' last public performance, on the roof of Apple Records in London.
1995 - Success announced of clinical trials testing the first preventive treatment for sickle-cell disease.
2009 - St. Louis Brawl Power Rankings begin.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I PM'd you my info, Alt-F4. Hope to see you tuesday!

If anyone can bring an extra Wii tuesday, that'd be good. Mine broke and I had to send it off, but we will have one from Kolby or another buddy of mine maybe, so we will have at least one but a secondary is always good so we can have multiple setups

Metal: I already thanked you, plus your racist.
lmfao, I'm never going to live that down. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice
Great Moments In History For January 30th:

1649 - King Charles I of England is beheaded.
1862 - The first American ironclad warship, the USS Monitor is launched.
1944 - World War II: United States troops land on Majuro.
1964 - Spacecraft Ranger 6 is launched.
1969 - The Beatles' last public performance, on the roof of Apple Records in London.
1995 - Success announced of clinical trials testing the first preventive treatment for sickle-cell disease.
2009 - St. Louis Brawl Power Rankings begin.
I liked the rankings you had going on earlier in the thread =p

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Man I want to record some videos.

Edit: If you guys are going to SMYM, do you plan on staying in Champaign Saturday night? I'm trying to figure out a way I could go.

Edit edit: Although if I do go I would like to have a doubles partner worked out in advance - I seem to always get screwed on teams and end up with some random person I've never met before.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I pretty sure I'm teaming with legan for SMYM unless he made plans and forgot to tell me at MWC.

Radium88

Smash Lord
If anyone can bring an extra Wii tuesday, that'd be good. Mine broke and I had to send it off, but we will have one from Kolby or another buddy of mine maybe, so we will have at least one but a secondary is always good so we can have multiple setups

lmfao, I'm never going to live that down. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Unfortunately I can't contribute anything. Also, so you guys do play past 9 30 right? Because that's the time I'll probably make it to.

And, uh, first impressions dude. That's why you have to make a good one. You made racist comments therefore you are racist.

Legan

Smash Lord
And, uh, first impressions dude. That's why you have to make a good one. You made racist comments therefore you are racist.
Really? Will does alot of talking without thinking at times and doesnt always take into consideration the company hes in or how what hes saying might come off to some people. Hes not really racist at all, he just talks too much sometimes :)

Edit: Of course Im teamin with my main man Ripple!

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I liked the rankings you had going on earlier in the thread =p
Better defend your high standing in the community then, son! (Did I just call someone... "son"...? What's going on?)

I wish I could come to a tournament but its about as far as Ann Arbor so likely no...
Well, maybe we can talk the Springfield boys into doing something sometime.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Also JOHN ALERT: Last night had been the first time I've played since maybe Nov? But I started playing Jordan again and I think I'm getting some skill back plus I can tek (sp?) G&W's throw as Kirby. Be prepared aka Nicole I want some rematch. (I know I still won't win but I think I might be able to put up a better fight)
Sure thing Rauleen! I have to recruit some Columbia scrubz and get them to play with me so that I don't get out of practice. But you're definitely going to get a lot better. Oh yeah, I'm coming up to Kirksville this weekend, I don't know whether you'll be there or not, but come smash with us if you are!

Anyways, I might be back in StL the weekend after this one, so hopefully I'll get to play with you guys again while I'm there!

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
Really? Will does alot of talking without thinking at times and doesnt always take into consideration the company hes in or how what hes saying might come off to some people. Hes not really racist at all, he just talks too much sometimes :)

Edit: Of course Im teamin with my main man Ripple!
don't worry, she is just being facetious.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Thanks Corey... I really hope Radium doesn't actually think I'm a racist :\ That would be... awkward-- but HILARIOUS. lawl.

don't worry, she is just being facetious.
I hope so! :p

Anyway, yeah Radium, we'll play past 9:30pm, we pretty much always go to about midnight or 1am.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Thanks Corey... I really hope Radium doesn't actually think I'm a racist :\ That would be... awkward-- but HILARIOUS. lawl.

I hope so! :p

Of course I don't. If I really believed that then ALL my friends are racist, including my bf. So no, I don't think you're REALLY racist. If you really want to know my first impression: Cool guy that thinks he's funny. :p

(*sigh* since my last joke didn't play over too well, jk, you are funny)

Anyway, yeah Radium, we'll play past 9:30pm, we pretty much always go to about midnight or 1am.
sweet.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Metal i can bring my Wii, and i will prolly be able to get to your place around 6:00ish. and i spent like 2 hours in practice mode yesterday dancing around a lvl 9 just trying to air dodge, spot dodge, and DI so hopefully i might be abe to hit you a few more times tomorrow.

Legan

Smash Lord
Hey, any racists itt? Write back!
zig you suck, I called you twice on like the 10th to go to a tournament and your hot
(mexican/insert random weird ethnicity) mom was like hes out at a concert with some girl. GIRLS?!

SMASHBROS BEFORE HOS ZIG. get it together son

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
zig you suck, I called you twice on like the 10th to go to a tournament and your hot
(mexican/insert random weird ethnicity) mom was like hes out at a concert with some girl. GIRLS?!

I think my mom was confused...

I went to go see GIRL talk

This as opposed to going to a concert WITH girls...

Though if you youtube "girltalk+pageant", you'd see there were plenty of girls there! Or at least what...resembled them. Im not really sure.

Legan, I miss you more than sexually acceptable.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hey, any racists itt? Write back!
nb4 KKK Rider on Smashville

wait wut

Also Tony is a Mexican from Afrika, or so the reports indicate.

Metal i can bring my Wii, and i will prolly be able to get to your place around 6:00ish. and i spent like 2 hours in practice mode yesterday dancing around a lvl 9 just trying to air dodge, spot dodge, and DI so hopefully i might be abe to hit you a few more times tomorrow.
I have a prescription for you, a training regiment if you will: Play nothing but Mario, Fox, and Jigglypuff. These characters were picked intentionally for very specific reasons after a great deal of thought two days ago.

Edit: That includes playing only AGAINST these characters.

I don't fell like typing it all here, but if anyone ever wants me to go on a rant IRL, ask me why these are the characters a new player should try to get decent with first. I think my reasoning is extremely good, and backed up by REAL science and mathematics.

Remember that time I drove 3 hours up here to play Zig, only he wasn't here and I ended up stuck at Random's? Oh wait, that was like 2 weeks ago. Also, ********.

Metal if it makes you feel any better I think everyone's racist :p
Everyone's a little bit racist!

How many setups you got, Metal?

Edit: Hey Dude, or Salute Your Shorts? WE'RE AT WAR, CHOOSE A SIDE!

Lixivium

Smash Champion
So does anyone here go to a college called SEMO? It's like 4 hours away from St. Louis but it's still in Missouri!
Sorry but I've never even seen anyone on these boards who goes to SEMO. You're probably better off going down to Memphis because there are a lot of Smashers there.

Also NikePK lives in Cape Girardeau but I don't know where he might go to school.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
wait Alt F4 youre going to practice spot dodging?

i mean i know its really good in brawl but... whats to practice?

also thinkaman imma go out on a limb and say that fox/mario are god awful and should not be played.

but then again.... i am a bit of a tier ****

edit wtf you can't say s lut??

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
are there any smashers currently attending saint louis university? i have no car and can't get out to the loop (too poor) for tournaments.

Nuris

Smash Lord
I might come on Tuesday with a Wii and TV. I'll also bring my 64 in case Future wants his Captain Falcon punched (OCWATIDIDTHAR?!!?).

Teh Future

Smash Master
^:'( This is like the only week in the history of forever that I have to work on Tuesday so im not gonna be at Metals for the first time in like two or three months probably.

Deku Boss just placed fourth at a major east coast tourney using Mario and luigi.

So no, mario is 1337sauce basically. Unless you're talking about melee. But Boss did well with Mario in melee as well I believe.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
mmm im gonna still have to say mario is ****

maybe if this boss clown can do decent again, i'll rethink it.

i mean bum placed 4th at a huge tourney, but that doesn't make DK good at allllll.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
wait Alt F4 youre going to practice spot dodging?

i mean i know its really good in brawl but... whats to practice?
I need to practice spotdodging. I try to do it and sometimes it makes me roll, sometimes it makes me grab (WTF).

Maybe I need to stop using L + C-stick down to do it.

are there any smashers currently attending saint louis university? i have no car and can't get out to the loop (too poor) for tournaments.
I go to SLU...medical school.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
hahaha omg i wasn't trying to be mean everyone always claims they screw up spot dodging

also in melee my friend always complains that he light shields instead of grabs

does the C stick teching trick work in brawl? Oooo

NOT THAT YOU NEED TO TECH LOLOLOLO JKJKJK

Top Bottom