• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice
I have a TV at my place, and another TV in my trunk that goes where I go. I have a Wii and a Gamecube.

For those who don't know, my place (Greenway) is on the loop. Just saying, for purposes of decision making.

EDIT: Did I just get get challenged to a Falcon ditto? Toga, did you hear this?
People don't know what they are getting themselves into.

I really, really don't understand you guys. sigh. empty confidence.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
People don't know what they are getting themselves into.

I really, really don't understand you guys. sigh. empty confidence.
I sincerely hope that no one takes my obviously ridiculous empty confidence seriously. :p

With that said. Ahem... THINKAMAN BE NO CHALLENGE TO MY GREATNESS. YARRRGG. BRING ON THE FRESH MEAT!

Nuris

Smash Lord
Okay, if we're doing it at Kyle's place I will drive and bring a full set-up. I need directions for me and everyone else, but if people want to do it there I think we can make it work.
Otherwise, it'll probably happen on the S40.

Is there any way we could get more than 3 set-ups i.e. does anyone else have a TV?

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
hey guys...

have a big smashfest a week from this friday, because I am coming home that weekend because I have tickets to the fox for saturday. GOGOGO

brawl or melee of course

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I want to see the DUC (it was finished after I left) but if Kyle's already got the TV's let's just do it there. The TVs are always the biggest hassle.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Kyle has 2 TVs, 1 is portable. I have 1 and it can go wherever. Therefore, we would have 3 at Kyle's place, which is the same as what we would have at Wheeler or Eliot basement assuming Kyle comes and brings his.
The DUC has 2 TVs, which would give us a grand total for 4! However, they are super laggy. Seriously, it's like playing Wifi.

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice
word alex. i agree 100%.

Boos? maybe i'll bring the schooling. I can bring my wii if necessary. the only portable tv I can offer is inside the great BLUE FALCON. but that won't fit in kyle's apartment, no sir.

Also, I really wouldn't recommend the DUC for the future. Bringing setups and stuff there without prior consent or scheduling an 'official' meeting can lead to problems in case someone actually has the space reserved. and I don't feel like johning the whole night on account of the plasmas. sigh.

Legan, some people from the ganon boards want us to record epic ganon vs link matches. I say we do it.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
how long is this lasting till? I doubt I'll make but I could stay the night its a better chance

Nuris

Smash Lord
It lasts until Kyle kicks us out (so never). In other occasions we've ended around 2 or 3, but who knows.

If you're cool with crashing with a complete stranger you could sleep on my couch. I don't really care, I'm just trying to help people get here to make this as awesome as possible.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
No one lives in Wheeler anymore? Bah.

I don't think I can make it this week anyways. Have fun. Watch out for Binyan's disciples; they are improving at an alarming rate.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Also, st. louis needs to set up brawl falcon tourney. so many people have so many epic falcons

Edit: scratch that Im not gonna be able to come tomorrow /johns

Nuris

Smash Lord
Binyan, I will pick you up and give you a ride if you play me in a 3 out 5 Brawl Peach ditto, Hyrule Temple and Green Greens are legal.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
hahah st louis is becoming gooffyyyy

-massive falcon dittos
-link vs ganon matches
-peach dittos on green green/temple

somebody space jam somebody else for me plx

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Alright nooblets, here's the final deal.

I can sit about 12 people comfortably. I think its about the same as MetalMusicMan's place, but more space efficient.

I live at 6600 Washington Ave. (St. Louis...) To get to this fine establishment, which is basically like a dorm in the middle of a bunch of apartments, go to the Delmar Loop and turn onto Melville, the little street next to Blueberry Hill. (If you can't see Blueberry Hill and its giant electronic display, you are too blind to play smash.) Anyway, go down that street a tiny bit and you'll see my building. It's shaped exactly like an "E", go look it up on Google Maps.

Parking ain't bad, least it shouldn't be. If you drive around the back of the building, the first open part of the "E" (the top half) is a parking lot. Call me and I'll let you in, there's an elevator there. If you need my number, post.

Ripple, you can sleep here if you want. Let's just say I have some interesting options available, although none of them involve a bed, sorry.

Got it?

Nuris

Smash Lord
I'm going to head over around 5:30/6:00 PM possibly with a few others. That cool?

MetalMusicMan

Alright nooblets, here's the final deal.

I can sit about 12 people comfortably. I think its about the same as MetalMusicMan's place, but more space efficient.

I live at 6600 Washington Ave. (St. Louis...) To get to this fine establishment, which is basically like a dorm in the middle of a bunch of apartments, go to the Delmar Loop and turn onto Melville, the little street next to Blueberry Hill. (If you can't see Blueberry Hill and its giant electronic display, you are too blind to play smash.) Anyway, go down that street a tiny bit and you'll see my building. It's shaped exactly like an "E", go look it up on Google Maps.

Parking ain't bad, least it shouldn't be. If you drive around the back of the building, the first open part of the "E" (the top half) is a parking lot. Call me and I'll let you in, there's an elevator there. If you need my number, post.

Ripple, you can sleep here if you want. Let's just say I have some interesting options available, although none of them involve a bed, sorry.

Got it?
Wew hew! I should get off work around 4pm or 5pm and showup just after I get off. I need your phone number though cause I don't have it.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
thinkaman that is the most generic address Ive ever heard of in my entire life. Also its definitely "M" shaped ;)
Eh? It most certainly is shaped like an E; a building shaped like an M doesn't even make sense architecturally. (I don't care enough to check the spelling on that.)

We'll eat somewhere on the loop at some point guys.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm a Brawl guy myself, but Melee is welcome in my house. I always glad to do some up-throw-to-rests... I WISH SOMEONE WOULD GIVE ME BACK MY COPY!

MetalMusicMan

Okay I'm going to be a little later (maybe 6:30 or 7) but I'll have the Kolbert with me.

Do you guys need me to bring a TV? I don't have a Wii (broken and getting fixed) but I could bring my monitor/vdigi for an extra tv if you need it.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Alright guys, I'm officially back and good to go. Call me to get in, PM me if you need a number.

Small tube TVs are super, but we shouldn't have need of any monitors.

MetalMusicMan

Alright guys, I'm officially back and good to go. Call me to get in, PM me if you need a number.

Small tube TVs are super, but we shouldn't have need of any monitors.
no it works just like a tv.

i have a 22" monitor with a vga to Wii connector that works perfectly, so if you need a setup, i can bring it. that's all.

Top Bottom