• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

darkatma

Smash Hero
I said I'd play every character for doubles but I think I forgot Mario...and Link, Ness, and Pichu. Next time!
you also forgot..
peach and fox and falco, but they don't count as characters.
peach is a blender, fox is a giant peach, and falco is the excalibur sword on crack.
it's late i'm tired

Muba, no hate, i appreciate your enrichment of the st louis community as much as the next person.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hey guys, I want to win at Brawl Falcon dittos. Can somebody please--oh wait.

Tales of Symphonia guys. Plan it.

Nuris

Smash Lord
New people, come to Wash U and play. I am not very good at Melee or Brawl so playing me should be fun for both of us. However, if you want a blast from the past I'll whip out the 64 and give you some ****. I wonder if you newbies even played 64, or was that before your time? I feel old :(

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Anybody playing tonight? I have an exam on Saturday so I won't be playing on Friday night.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
My new place at Greenway is pretty great, it can comfortably seat an absurd number of people for a single apartment. (10-12?) Food on the loop is good stuff too. We should do something sometime.

Radium88

Smash Lord
New people, come to Wash U and play. I am not very good at Melee or Brawl so playing me should be fun for both of us. However, if you want a blast from the past I'll whip out the 64 and give you some ****. I wonder if you newbies even played 64, or was that before your time? I feel old :(
Before my time? How old do you think these newbies are, including myself? How old are you? I am actually 22 so it clearly was my time and that was when I started playing Smash. I don't have my 64 currently, but if you ever need a couple for old school smash tournies, I'll throw mine in the mix. But if you are also 22ish, then I feel old too.. :(

So if you guys are playing this Friday please PM me your address. I'd like to check out the scene and play a few. I only ask to PM me because I don't know who's doing it since there's that Greenway place and Washu. And I'm only familiar with one of these places.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Do you know Nicole and andrew? I think they go by ASC and Ironboots.

Booo Brawl Sucks Melee Sucks.

DRAGONBALL MOTHER****IN Z FOR THE WIN
Heh, actually I do. And Jordan who is LouBega on this forum. They met you in Winona "middle of nowhere", Indiana. They said your tag and I was like, I think I saw a Legan on here.

Howdy. Did you enjoy yourself at the tournament? I saw a lot of shout outs at you.

Melee doesn't suck and indeed, DBZ FTW!

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Whilst on the topic of Dragonball Z, did you guys know Vegeta had a little brother this whole time, and they sent him away from planet Vegeta because he was a little *****?
They made some new Dragonball Z episode deal thingie, and that's basically the story.

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice
KYLEEEEE you live in greenway now....you are literally right down the street from me. Let's play more and/or host brawl fests.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Before my time? How old do you think these newbies are, including myself? How old are you? I am actually 22 so it clearly was my time and that was when I started playing Smash. I don't have my 64 currently, but if you ever need a couple for old school smash tournies, I'll throw mine in the mix. But if you are also 22ish, then I feel old too.. :(
Oh, okay. I guess I just usually assume that new people to the forums are younger. However, that was when I started playing smash, too, but I would still consider it before my time. Smash64 came out like 10 years ago, so when I did play it I was a prepubescent, thunder-spamming Pikachu like most people my age. It wasn't until a year ago that I replayed SSB64 and developed a new love and appreciation for a game I did not fully understand when I was younger.

That said, try to come on Friday so we can play!

Radium88

Smash Lord
Oh, okay. I guess I just usually assume that new people to the forums are younger. However, that was when I started playing smash, too, but I would still consider it before my time. Smash64 came out like 10 years ago, so when I did play it I was a prepubescent, thunder-spamming Pikachu like most people my age. It wasn't until a year ago that I replayed SSB64 and developed a new love and appreciation for a game I did not fully understand when I was younger.

That said, try to come on Friday so we can play!

Haha, I was and will always be a Kirby fan, yes, even in melee. But I did diversify in melee and had Peach and Samus as alts; not so much in brawl though...

And I'm already totally excited for Friday. I'm going to pimp out my controller so I will look cool and be more accepted into the group.....maybe....

I swear I really am okay to hang out with. :p

Radium88

Smash Lord
Hey, Legan,

Do you go to any of these shindigs? You apparently made an impact on my friends because they keep asking about you when I mention I might be playing with some WashU/ StL people.

Oh and I forgot that Kit was part of that group. Kit = Brown Paper Sack and Jordan = LouBega

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Hey, Legan,

Do you go to any of these shindigs? You apparently made an impact on my friends because they keep asking about you when I mention I might be playing with some WashU/ StL people.

Oh and I forgot that Kit was part of that group. Kit = Brown Paper Bag and Jordan = LouBega
You bet you forgot me. It hurt so bad.

Anyway, he's the only one who was for-sure from StL in our minds. Andrew, Nicole, and I met him in KC once, too.

Legan

Smash Lord
Hey, Legan,

Oh and I forgot that Kit was part of that group. Kit = Brown Paper Sack and Jordan = LouBega
Yea, I try to make it out to most smashfest if possible. Kirksville people are awesome btw.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Kirksville people are awesome btw.
Dam right! We're the only people awesome enough to play serious matches for leftover chicken. :chuckle:

Also, do you do these StL smashfests on the weekends or during the week? If you're having one this weekend, I might be in town, and I might like to show up too, if that's ok, and if someone tells me where to go.

Legan

Smash Lord
Dam right! We're the only people awesome enough to play serious matches for leftover chicken. :chuckle:

Also, do you do these StL smashfests on the weekends or during the week? If you're having one this weekend, I might be in town, and I might like to show up too, if that's ok, and if someone tells me where to go.
Well sometimes Geno host them on the weekends but they're usually on tuesdays. We should be able to get something going this weekend though, mayb up at Wash U. You can be like our replacement Samantha but you actually like brawl :D. Ill let you know where to go.

Chicken Rematch?

Nicole

Smash Champion
Well sometimes Geno host them on the weekends but they're usually on tuesdays. We should be able to get something going this weekend though, mayb up at Wash U. You can be like our replacement Samantha but you actually like brawl :D. Ill let you know where to go.

Chicken Rematch?
sounds good, just let me know when and where, and i'll bring the chicken!
(actually, we should probably play our good characters this time)

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Dang it, I just made the best image on the Internet and SOMEONE is going to acknowledge it!

Teh Future

Smash Master
lol theres an Obama everything now...

Nuris I might try and make it out friday so we can play some smash64 but I dunno I have a lot going on

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I wouldn't suggest maining him. Ronald Reagan and Ayn Rand counter him to the point that he's not viable.

Top Bottom