• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Could we have the smashfest on Saturday so I can be there? I so want to play the new people.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Could we have the smashfest on Saturday so I can be there? I so want to play the new people.
I am one of the new people and sadly I won't be able to make it if you do it on Sat. I'll be out of town on that day......

So hopefully you guys do it both days?? Friday and Saturday?

Nicole

Smash Champion
I am one of the new people and sadly I won't be able to make it if you do it on Sat. I'll be out of town on that day......

So hopefully you guys do it both days?? Friday and Saturday?
I agree, I won't be in town on Saturday, just Friday, so I hope you guys have it both days also. Lixivium, I live in St. Louis when there isn't school, so I'm sure we'll still get to meet if you can't make it Friday.

Also, that Obama pic is too good. :chuckle:

Nuris

Smash Lord
I'm almost considering driving and bringing a set-up just so I can cheer for you guys for free.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I agree, I won't be in town on Saturday, just Friday, so I hope you guys have it both days also. Lixivium, I live in St. Louis when there isn't school, so I'm sure we'll still get to meet if you can't make it Friday.:chuckle:
Well the problem is that I am often not here when there isn't school - my parents live in Nashville and I usually go back there.

Seeing as how everybody is going to be at WashU on Friday I'll see if I can take like a two-hour study break to Smash or something. (I'm going to be studying all day anyways)

PS: I'm not good, I just like to play goofy characters. If you ever get tired of fighting Fox/Falco/Marth/Sheik you ought to play me.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Seeing as how everybody is going to be at WashU on Friday I'll see if I can take like a two-hour study break to Smash or something. (I'm going to be studying all day anyways)

PS: I'm not good, I just like to goofy characters. If you ever get tired of fighting Fox/Falco/Marth/Sheik you ought to play me.
There is ALWAYS time for a Smash break, so you should definitely make some.

Do you play as G&W or something Lixi?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
There is ALWAYS time for a Smash break, so you should definitely make some.

Do you play as G&W or something Lixi?
LOL I do actually, you can ask the other St. Louis people how good my G&W is - not that good, but it's easy to surprise people.

I really don't play Mewtwo, Kirby, Ness, Yoshi, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Jigglypuff, Peach, and Falco. Everybody else I play at least a little bit.

Edit: But if you're referring to my avatar I chose it because it looks cool. I main IC's and Luigi.

Radium88

Smash Lord
My main is Kirby in any of the three SSB. In melee, my alts: Peach, Samus, Mario/Dr. Mario, and rarely, Marth and Yoshi. In brawl, my alts: VERY RARE, Pit......I'm still working on it... I really wished they didn't change Peach....hate the 2nd jump and her up smash.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I don't know if I'll be able to make it again because of my swim season but I'll do everything to get out of it.

DK and link on a team are unstoppable aka ripple and legan

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Oh gawd go to hell Deku. Beginners luck, I want a rematch.

Yea Luke what day is it on?
I think this Sunday, which sucks because he just told me about it, but yeah, the offer is there.
It's a Brawl tourney, and it'll have good players there actually, haha. (Like Anther, SamuraiPanda, Kirk, etc.)
If you can call me today after like 3, and I can try to tell you more info about it.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Well the problem is that I am often not here when there isn't school - my parents live in Nashville and I usually go back there.

PS: I'm not good, I just like to play goofy characters. If you ever get tired of fighting Fox/Falco/Marth/Sheik you ought to play me.
Psh, studying is for losers, all the cool kids play video games instead :laugh:

I like playing fun characters too, I'll use my Zelda, Sheik, and Peach against you, my b****** need some practice. Oh, and we gotta do GW dittos, I think those are too fun (I think most people disagree with me though)

What time on Friday at WashU is this happening?

Cook

Smash Master

I like playing fun characters too, I'll use my Zelda, Sheik, and Peach against you, my b****** need some practice. Oh, and we gotta do GW dittos, I think those are too fun (I think most people disagree with me though)

What time on Friday at WashU is this happening?
I think you guys are talking about two different games...

Nicole

Smash Champion
i think we are too, after reading the other posts. that's cool though, i'll suck it up at some melee as long as i get some brawl time in as well.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Believe it or not once you're out of undergrad studying actually becomes important.

I like playing fun characters too, I'll use my Zelda, Sheik, and Peach against you, my b****** need some practice.
What, no Zero Suit Samus? You are a girl right?

i think we are too, after reading the other posts. that's cool though, i'll suck it up at some melee as long as i get some brawl time in as well.
Sorry I'm horrible at Brawl. I'll play but it'll be painful to watch.

Nuris

Smash Lord
It can start Friday pretty much any time. Generally people start around 5 or 6, but if anyone wants to play after noon, I will drop pretty much anything I'm doing to play smash.
It sounds like a significant number of people might show up! Exciting! To the regulars, Wheeler 3 as PER usual? As long as there's enough space and no one minds waiting or playing doubles, I don't have a problem with it. I just don't want to lug my TV over there if we're going to move to Eliot or something.
Everyone considering showing up should come at least for a bit, if only for a piece of cake. It will be delicious.

Nicole

Smash Champion
It can start Friday pretty much any time. Generally people start around 5 or 6, but if anyone wants to play after noon, I will drop pretty much anything I'm doing to play smash.
It sounds like a significant number of people might show up! Exciting!
I won't be able to be there before like, 8:30 pm, will you guys still be playing then? Also, where on the Wash U campus is this going to be? I get lost easily, so detailed directions are very appreciated. :)

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I'm on it! I've posted maybe 10 by now and I'm still uploading and editing the rest.

LOOK AT MY VIDEOS (friendlies from last tuesday at Metal's)

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=togaboy&view=videos

P.S. Metal, that video actually WAS fuzzy, but i'm still posting it :)
LOL you better post that one, I only see the matches where you WIN so far! :p Get the ones of me pwning you up there you boob!

Haha tx for recording and posting these though man. It will be good for us all to learn from the footage.

I can't wait til that match of me Vs. seth's luigi get's put up, got that was decimation-- it's too bad you were in the bathroom while that was going on, but at least we got it recorded so it will be immortal on youtube now hahaha.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Yeah... where *are* we playing guys?

If needed, my place is open starting at 5:30. I'm not sure that Wheeler 3 makes sense anymore, given that none of us exactly live there anymore...

The DUC is also an option. Parking is free after 5:30, and we can basically invite ourselves to set up wherever we want. The "fun room" has 2 laggy plasmas and a projector that we probably won't have access to. WUGS is meeting there tonight, I'll report back.

Phil and Binyan, come to WUGS at 9pm (or later)!!!

EDIT: MMM, you want immortal? You can't handle immortal. Don't challenge me to one-stock Falcon dittos people.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Well if we're going to decide on a location, we better do it soon. Here is what I figure our options are so far.
-Wheeler 3
-My place
-DUC fun room
-Kyle's place
-Some other dorm common room?

Wheeler 3
Pros: People know it. There is at least 1 TV there. There is usual enough room.
Cons: No one lives there anymore. We might need more room for more people. Fewer because Kyle moved out?

My place
Pros: Some people know it. There's a somewhat laggy plasma. Can move stuff around.
Cons: Small. Messy. Probably not enough space for all these people.

DUC fun Room
Pros: Two TVs. Plenty of seating and space. Parking is free?
Cons: TVs are way laggy. It's a public place. Have to give new instructions to anyone not a current student.

Kyle's place
Pros: Spacious, TVs?
Cons: Everyone would need directions.

Some other Dorm lobby/common room
Pros: Likely plenty of space, likely some sort of TV
Cons: They are public, possibly already reserved, TV might be laggy, don't know which one we would use

Anyone have any other suggestions?

ALSO
Who has TVs and consoles?? This is also important.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I have a TV at my place, and another TV in my trunk that goes where I go. I have a Wii and a Gamecube.

For those who don't know, my place (Greenway) is on the loop. Just saying, for purposes of decision making.

EDIT: Did I just get get challenged to a Falcon ditto? Toga, did you hear this?

Top Bottom