• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Radium88

Smash Lord
Hey guys, it was fun tonight. I can't for the next one. You all were pretty ****ing awesome and thanks for putting up with my |\|00|3|\|355 (noobness, probably did that wrong).

Thanks a lot for the tips Metal. I'll try to remember them on Tues (which is still a maybe for me but since I take classes at SCC, I could probably make it and stay for an hour or two).

Here's the Kirksville tournament thread if anybody is interested:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215870

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Hey guys, it was fun tonight. I can't for the next one. You all were pretty ****ing awesome and thanks for putting up with my |\|00|3|\|355 (noobness, probably did that wrong).

Thanks a lot for the tips Metal. I'll try to remember them on Tues (which is still a maybe for me but since I take classes at SCC, I could probably make it and stay for an hour or two).

Here's the Kirksville tournament thread if anybody is interested:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215870
Man, that was like the most fun and HILARIOUS smash fest ever! Nice meeting all the new people and laughing our ***** off at Quedoba, ahahaha.

Yeah Radium, you definitely have Kirby potential, haha, keep at it and you will have all the DI and all that down in no time, and always remember YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH DOWN AIR! :p

I was also really impressed with Nicole's Diddy and G&W, they gave me a much harder time than I expected and had some good tricks that really threw me off.

What I'm really trying to say though is that I hate Kyle's Jigglypuff. So much. GAWD.

Anyway hope to see you next tuesday, I PM'd you the address / contact info.

Nice meeting all you guys and thanks to Kyle for pretty much the most fun I've had at a smash fest in a while.

JGALT

Smash Cadet
Tonight was loads of fun. Olimar brought the circus. Looking forward to clownin' with ya'll fools again.
-JGALT-

P.S., Legan, it's been like an hour and I'm still hard.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
OK, normally a smashfest doesn't deserve shoutouts, but this was toooo good.

Alt-F4: Glad you could come man, always a first time for everyone, and I think this was a good first one to come to; I hope you got to paly a bunch of different people and characters.

Toga: We didn't get to play any singles. As punishment, you have to come over and play a minimum of 50 singles a week. Also, I have the case for your Brawl disc, which is in your Wii.

Phil: I wish so much that I had a picture of Legan and Toga sitting on the couch looking intense, and then you looking like a 4 year old kid about to start laughing in church. We'll have to organize tourneys or something based on this showing.

Metal: My Jiggs wuvs you so much. Don't become a Meta Knight main on my behalf though; I'm not even convinced your MK did the best against me, I'd liek to see your Falco more. You guys need to come more often. Also, I'm the Falcon master.

Radium: You were really cool, and we were awesome in teams. We'll have you owning your boyfriend yet, don't you worry.

Chezles: I don't care about your banana tricks, I care about your banana illusions!

Legan: Glad you found your natural habitat in my balls. Oh, and you took my power cord, silly goose. FALCON KICK!

Dan: Wait, why was Dan here?

JGalt: As official Falcon master of the St. Louis region, You are hear-by the awarded the Golden Knee for Excellence in Kneemanship. What you have done is art, well done.

Lixi: Really glad you came, wish other people weren't stupid so there would have been more Melee.

Ironboots: You're ten kinds of awesome, even if G&W is still clinically ********.

Dan: Wait, why was Dan here *again*?

Kolby: I was really glad you came with Metal, it was great havign you here. Hope you got to play everyone.

Everyone else, including Atma, Jeremy, Geno, and TTT: WHAT THE HECK FOOLS, YOU JUST MISSED THE BEST SMASHFEST STL HAS HAD IN THE LAST YEAR! Geno, we were waiting especially for YOU to set up Melee, what's the deal man?

New STL tier list:

Patron Saint Tier
-------------------
Zig-Zag

Egocentric Tier
-----------------
Thinkaman

Top Tier
---------
Toga
Legan

High Tier
----------
MetalMusicMan
Nuris
Lixi
null (Guest Honorable Mention)

Mid Tier
---------
(Everyone Else, Including Cool New People)

Low Tier
----------
Atma
Geno
Everyone Else Who Johned And Didn't Show Up

Bottom Tier
--------------
Mr. "I'm gonna get drunk and play Rock Band instead of going to a Smashfest" TTT

Nuris

Smash Lord
I think you have some people confused confused. Also, tires don exits, but if they did, I would want to be 64 tier.
EDIT: Actually I think you just shouted out to someone twice. Radium and the person who arrived with me are the same person.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Thanks, and fixed. Phil's always got my back.

BUSINESS! People, what tourneys are we going to??? Take a look around, we have a few coming up.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Thanks for the study break guys.

Lixi: Really glad you came, wish other people weren't stupid so there would have been more Melee.
S'okay, I can play Melee whenever at WashU.

Brawl singles continues to disappoint me. I don't know how much further I can lower my expectations.

Teams was cool as always though.

Chezzles

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for the awesome smashfest last night. It made me all go and get an actual account. Moreover, I am proud to **FINALLY** no longer be a Sonic main.

Chezzles

MetalMusicMan

Hah, Kyle I'll never be an MK main but I will always keep him in the wings in 3rd or 4th place in my personal list because he is... useful.

I agree though, I might be better off with Falco against you, or DeDeDe, not sure. They're both basically tied for my #1 slot and MK is #3.

It's just so ****ed hard to say because I NEVER GET ANY JIGGS PRACTICE EVER. lol

MetalMusicMan

^I use jiggs all the time in teams.
Only in teams, rarely AGAINST me, and no offense, but Kyle's Jiggs is like 10000000x better than yours because you gave up on your jiggs in singles or whatever :p

You still have a really leet rob and your IC could be awesome if you were more patient, so I don't blame you for not playing her.

P.S. you missed out on that OWNAGE smash meet last night, you nooblet!

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice
videos of Legan owning me are being posted. I think we should have more Smashfests at Kyle's, mostly because his balls will always be involved.

Sorry about leaving in the middle, I didn't get to play as many people as I would have liked to. Thanks phil for comparing my melee prowess to 'the guy who gets too drunk and ruins the party'. I wish I had a picture of my/legan's intensity, too.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Hey guys!
StL smash was too fun! Good to meet all of you guys.
Kyle, your Jiggs is ******** good, and way to rep the low tiers in general. Also, thanks for being my teammate in Falcon teams, I hope I didn't gay things up too much for you :)

Metal, GGs, I will never try to edgehog/stall/guard/anything against your DDD again, it's impossible! Glad I finally got to play against a good Falco too, **** his chaingrab though. Thanks for all the tips too!

Kolby, it was fun playing your Pikachu, I love playing opponents who Gaymenwatch hard counters the **** out of...especially when they can put up a fight and still beat me!! GGs dude.

JGalt, epic Falcon free for all and doubles, that was too fun! Your Falcon is kind of a beast, I'm not gonna lie.

Legan, sorry I never got around to playing Melee with you, just trust me that it would've been 100x worse than my gay Brawl Falcon. Also, Kyle and I only lost that last match because I didn't Falcon Kick enough :p

Rauleen, good to see you again! Your Kirby is not half bad, and you're gonna get really good after practicing with these guys! Come to tournaments with us so I'm not the only girl!

Hope to play with you all again, and you guys should come to more tournaments, I think you'd do pretty well! Check out our Kirksville one.

JGALT

Smash Cadet
Toga, why do I never play you in singles? I need to make a point to play everyone next time before they mysteriously disappear.

Also to Toga, on a completely unrelated note: Did you know the Georgian girls are here in St. Louis for the better part of the semester? Apparently they just got in on Friday. I told Maggie to forward you the thread on fb about it.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
SMASH SUCKS HERE omg

I miss stl already.

Where is that tape the lokis have?

I have a mario kart wii tourny upcoming. How do I, uh...practice for that?

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
i didnt make the tier listtt lolololol

i liked my old title of "tier tyrant" or whatever it was.

if you have another smash fest next friday i will probably stop by

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Deku you'll get put on the list after we get up-to-date data; we can't be all willy-nilly about things, you know?

Also Legan, not only did you steal my power adapter, you left behidn the wired LAN adapter you were supposed to take. Stop failing so much man.

Legan

Smash Lord
Deku you'll get put on the list after we get up-to-date data; we can't be all willy-nilly about things, you know?

Also Legan, not only did you steal my power adapter, you left behidn the wired LAN adapter you were supposed to take. Stop failing so much man.
Sorry D:
10 srys

Radium88

Smash Lord
So I will try doing a better shout outs but I'm going to n00b that up too:

Think: Thanks for hosting the Smash fest and looking forward to the next one. Also, thanks for playing doubles with me. Next time I'll try to do better at distracting/killing the opponents.

Toga: Thanks for playing me not only singles but also in doubles even after you knew my skill level.

Nuris: Thank you thank you for giving me directions to your place and talking to me beforehand and also for the pregaming AND taking me to Think's place. Also, waiting on that cake still.

Nicole: Way to represent girl smashers! I didn't really know your skill level until then and it inspired me to get better with my skills. Once I'm comfortable enough, I will definitely come to more tournies. BUT I will see you in Kville and I'm totally stoked.

Legan: Thanks for saying that my bf is cool? Haha, um... it was fun playing against you but I want to play against your Link because everyone says you are the best Link.

Chez: It was fun playing against you in doubles and you being used as a trampoline in that match was epic.

Alt F4: It was nice to have another person who was not at the mastery level yet. Hopefully we see each other more at these Smashfests to grow and learn together :p

Kolby: Thanks for playing with me in doubles and I hate that I was not timing my air dodge well.

Metal: I already thanked you, plus your racist.

To anybody I missed: I'm sorry but I'm sure I had fun.

Also JOHN ALERT: Last night had been the first time I've played since maybe Nov? But I started playing Jordan again and I think I'm getting some skill back plus I can tek (sp?) G&W's throw as Kirby. Be prepared aka Nicole I want some rematch. (I know I still won't win but I think I might be able to put up a better fight)

Legan

Smash Lord
Sounds like it was a poorly ran tournament. Hope you guys had a good time though, sucks you got knocked out by omniswell. I think hes an iceclimbers player if I remember correctly.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Think: Awesome place I hope we can all get together again there soon for some playing. My only suggestion is to buy some cups, if you want I can pick some plastic ones up for next time so me and kolby don't have to make out with your faucet all night. Doubles was fun with your jiggz even if you did do all the work

Toga: Thanks for working me over with ganon and not picking your wario to really make feel bad about myself

Legan: thanks for tearing me apart, i realized that when i practice i need to just work on air dodging and spot dodging appropriately so i can at some point actually do dmg to you

Kolby: i don't think we ever played at the same time but **** your sarcasm was killing me all night long

Radium: Thanks for saying our skill levels were close, when you are clearly much better than me. But i am excited to start getting better.

Iron Boots: Thanks for ignoring your drunk friends to smash with us great G&W

Chezzles: i think we only played during teams but that was fun

Nuris: Thanks for the matches at the beginning of the night even though i didn't see you much after that

Metal: Thanks for taking the time in and around the matches to give me advice about playing, all i am really doing right now is working on the basics and a lot of DI practice. Also you doing a smashfest on tuesday at your place? if you are give me the info i would love to come and play before school gets too nuts

I know there were a few more people that came through but i really didn't a chance to meet them/play against them so I'm sorry

Thanks for everything guys hope to hang out again soon

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Sounds like it was a poorly ran tournament. Hope you guys had a good time though, sucks you got knocked out by omniswell. I think hes an iceclimbers player if I remember correctly.
Yeah, there were three stations for 65 freaking people. And they had 8 TV's. Unfortunately, they were also doing melee and TVC or whatever its called during Brawl singles, but not in doubles, so it was even worse when we needed more TV's. I could have done Brawl doubles and been home at 3:15, playing around 50 games altogether, many friendlies and the like. Instead, I was home at 11 playing on 55 games. 5 total games (2 sets) from 3:15 to 11. And I waiting from 2:30 to 4 to play Brawl singles and then had to wait forever.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Yeah it was 4 set ups(One being knocked out midway because the hd lag.) for 61 people. Overall though, I had fun, met some cool people, Omniswell was a cool guy, gave me lots of hints and tricks for next time when I play, but as long as they get more set ups from people(I didn't bring one because we had to park like 3 blocks away.) it could be ran great.

Top Bottom