• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
UPDATE!

So, I figure that people won't go to Metal's due to snow, so I'm not going to go either.

I will however, be free at my place if anyone in the neighborhood wants to stop by. Toga is apparently almost preparing to be on his way.

I hate Tuesdays, by the way. Just hate 'em.

Radium88

Smash Lord
So, the wrath of nature is scaring me right now. My class got canceled due to the snow but I don't think I can make it to Metal's place. I know it's only like 15 - 20 mins from here, but the snow is being laid down thick.

Sorry...maybe next week....

Radium88

Smash Lord
hahah radium i like your avatar.

i used to love kirby in 64, but he broke my heart in melee! :(

Hee hee thanks. Go VG cats!

I LOVED him in 64. I still stuck with him in melee but I had to diversify and play other characters. But he is amazing in Brawl now. Not necessarily better than 64 but way better than in melee. No more stupid fireball dash attack. And he has an awesome hammer now. Though I wish his bthrow is still a suicide move.

We're also incubating nooblets. Try to keep the cartoon violence and crude humor T for Teen.
I don't know why but I'm enjoying "incubating nooblets". It's really cute. (I mean, it's manly grawr....sorry ALT F4)

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Sorry Kyle, I tried to call your phone but I couldn't get through for some reason.

I drove about 1 block and realized I wasn't going to make it to your house. Maybe some other time when I wouldn't be risking life and limb just to play Smash.

Teh Future

Smash Master
R.I.P.

anyone who went to Metals.

I just did like 10 360s coming home from work, theres no way anyone can make it from his house to anywhere near WashU or the loop without dying

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
ok i hate saint louis. Every other school in the district has school cancelled except for us.

Edit: zig , i call yellow yoshi :p

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
well kolby and justin are spending the night at my place-- alt f4 is still here but i think he's gonna brave driving home once we finish up, not sure, it's definitely dangerous though lol

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Ok all you guys suck, it took me an hour to get home from metals but i made it (after 20 mins of cleaning off my car). It was awesome, definately worth risking the wrath of any deity you choose to blame this tempest on. Hope you guys had fun being lame, while i am getting better.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Roll call, who is going to make it to the incredibly amazing smashfest at my place on Friday?

Same time, same place.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
I'm in...man last one leave metals (that wasn't staying there) and first one to say they are going to thinks, if you guys don't watch out im gonna get better than you guys...cause you know that saying you are going somewhere automatically gives you LEET SKILLZ

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Whoa, is that how this works?

I always thought all those people saying "FIRST POST!!11!" were just trolling...

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hey alty, don't main ROB because maining ROB is the cliché boring character for people who can't decide who they want to play as. (I really like fighting him with all my characters though...)

Also, you can't main Diddy because Diddy is getting really popular now, and only people who mained Diddy before it was cool are allowed to do so. Otherwise you are just another face in the crowd, waving a little "#1 NinjaLink" flag you got at a gas station somewhere in Illinois.

(nb4 NinjaLink ninja post)

Meta Knight is right out.

Edit: Chezzles... who knows man. Who knows.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
NOOOOOOOO... I was actually doing pretty well with rob last night i guess i will have to find someone new then.. but who??? any ideas?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Well, since I'm acting all high-and-mighty and declaring who people can and cannot main, I might as well go the distance and start making assignments.

Oh man, I got this one in the bag--this is a great idea:

LUCARIO.

Lucario is legit! He's an awesome character, but nobody around here plays him. No JGALT, you don't play Lucario, stop looking at me like that. Lucario is all about these solid aerials and approaches, mean ground game too, but nobody in St. Louis so much as gives him the time of day. Heck, my Lucario is an affront to nature, it's so awful.

You name the top character and we have representation, even if Snake and G&W is more along the lines of "everyone can play them well, because it's Snake and G&W". But nobody touches Lucario, unclaimed beachfront turf right there.

EDIT: WHAT THE HECK.

CHEZZLES.

WHAT THE HECK.

STOP THAT.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING BUT STOP IT.

OUT OF MY HEAD!

Chezzles

Smash Journeyman
Joking aside though, if you really like ROB, nothing should stop you from maining him. You just might want a little variety in playstyle after a while.

EDIT: Does this make me smarter than Kyle?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
EDIT: Does this make me smarter than Kyle?
If not, it means you can time travel.

Experts are calling this a win-win.

EDIT: Alty, you could also mess around with Toon Link, but then Legan would basically burn the flesh from your bones while you are still alive. It's a very complicated and complex process--I'd suggest trying Pit instead if you felt tempted.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Man when i was hitting reload it was taking me to the last page, so i got see that whole awesome exchange in one glorious burst

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
And thus it became prophecy, and the land of the Arch gained a Lucario main.

Maybe.

Maybe.

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice
i'm maining motorcycle and teeth. kyle i never played with lucario yesterday, why? blah. i'm glad we didn't die going to metal's.

Top Bottom