• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Teh Future

Smash Master
Lucario is so dumb. its like RAWR DI = INSTANT WIN.

worst concept ever, killing people is annoying as it is in brawl, making it so they have an advantage when they are at higher percentages and do 30% with every attack is just plain obnoxious.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Whats this crap about cancelled schools? Its ****ing snowing feet upon feet here in PA nonstop, and we have school uphill both ways!

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Man, Chezzles and Kyle just had the best jinx evaaaar. lawl

Lucario is really dumb, I agree with Future, but he is good.

There is NO REASON for you to not play ROB if you like him though. So play him if you want to, or play Lucario, who is just as gay :p

Kyle's right, though, no one here plays Lucario.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Kyle, since I didn't make it to your place yesterday, I may stop by today, if you'll be there.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Lixi, I have class from 7-8:30. Otherwise, I will be here for all interested.

Edit: Phil, you don't main Random, null mains Random. Also not to be confused with Random himself, who mains WoW. Treppy meanwhile doesn't main anyone, and just "*is gaysian*".

Edit 2:
P.S.
Kyle, I want a Ness ditto next tourney.
What's this nonsense?

JGALT

Smash Cadet
Kyle, I do too play Lucario!
My Lucario is awesome and will take out any fool who wants to scrap!
You'll be all "Placement, attack, placement, grab, attack."
And I'll be all "Projectile, projectile, projectile, BEAM SHOTGUN!!!"
And then the match will be over.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
hahah dude i know

with these newcomers and geno constantly MIA the tide has swung back in their favor!

luckily i live in... haha whats the name of that place they all go to in land before time?
like the valley or something... is it the great valley?

yeah i live there where the melee flows like the salmon of Capistrano rofl

EDIT

HAVE YOU SEEN HOW HUGE SMYM IS GETTING!!
LIKE 100 AT LEAST ZOMGGG

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Kyle I tried calling you again today but I got nothing but busy signals for two hours.

I mean I was outside your building but I had no way of contacting you. The dialer on the doors connected me to the George Warren Brown School of Social Work (WTF).

So that's two failed attempts to go to your place in two days. Clearly God doesn't want me to play Brawl. Guys, Brawl might be fine and dandy but I can't go against divine will here.

If there are people playing at WashU on Friday, I think I'll go there instead.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Lixi, I have a full signal and no missed calls; my phone has full power and has both received and placed several calls in the past few days. Are you calling (270)-366-4940?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Lixi, I have a full signal and no missed calls; my phone has full power and has both received and placed several calls in the past few days. Are you calling (270)-366-4940?
It's the same number that you picked up on Tuesday. I don't know, maybe the snow knocked out a tower or something.

Edit: Is anyone else interested in leaving for SMYM on Saturday (day of) the tournament? I'm so cheap I'd rather leave at 5 AM than pay for a motel.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
This is too weird. I've been able to make calls, and even had my night class interrupted by my parents trying to call me. If you want to try calling just to test, feel free.

Radium88

Smash Lord
So will you guys be meeting on Friday night again this week? I hope so but I do have to ask how late you guys play because I have to work at my part-time (Gamestop) this Friday until 9 30ish and then we have some type of pizza-good job in 2008-party so I probably won't make it until 11ish, maybe...? But if you guys play only until 12am, I'm still willing to drive there so I can have some practice. I've been itching to play people and I was very close to risking life and limb and play at Metal's.

Or! If Metal would like to play on Thursday, I would be cool with that too? Eh? Eh?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
We'll be here Friday; last week we were going until past 4...

UPDATE ON THE PHONE TOPIC:

So I just got off with my parents, and it seems they have been trying to call me for awhile but have been unable. They explained that the ice storm decimated Paducah (2 hours south) and they had to move to Hopkinsville while things get repaired. (They're okay and so is the house, no worries there.) They said that the cell phone towers got hit hard, and the Verizon ones were the only ones still operating. Luckily Verizon is what we have, but they have been so overloaded that everyone has been getting busy signals most the time; only now were thye finally able to get through.

I don't fully understand why or to what extent that would affect phone service in St. Louis, but it's certainly some osrt of explanation.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Ok think i have been doing some research on Lucario (even though i like ROB a lot i have been leaning on spot dodge d-smash a little too heavily), i will probably be trying him out some on friday. He looks pretty cool but now im off to practice some timing and according to the lucario boards he has real combos.

LUCARIO IS NOW MY MAIN...SO SHALL IT BE WRITTEN, SO SHALL IT BE SO

Atleast until i get sick of him and run crying back to d-smash...i mean ROB

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I apparently play ROB(he's kind of a main now, iunno yet.) a lot differently then traditional ROB's.
It's been screwing people up.
But yeah Luca can combo, very well I might add.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
We'll be here Friday; last week we were going until past 4...

UPDATE ON THE PHONE TOPIC:

So I just got off with my parents, and it seems they have been trying to call me for awhile but have been unable. They explained that the ice storm decimated Paducah (2 hours south) and they had to move to Hopkinsville while things get repaired. (They're okay and so is the house, no worries there.) They said that the cell phone towers got hit hard, and the Verizon ones were the only ones still operating. Luckily Verizon is what we have, but they have been so overloaded that everyone has been getting busy signals most the time; only now were thye finally able to get through.

I don't fully understand why or to what extent that would affect phone service in St. Louis, but it's certainly some osrt of explanation.
In regards to your phone Think:
My phone sometimes does the same thing, I'll have full service, and sometimes calls just won't go through, and people say they tried to contact me forever.
If they leave me a voice mail that still tries to go through, so if this happens again Lixi, try to leave a voice mail.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I suggest everyone getting multiple phone numbers in case anything funky happens with the phones again. Should be fine now though, based on my limited understanding.

EDIT: Deku, you better make it. You too atma, I wanna see a Melee face-off.

Teh Future

Smash Master
uh you guys are talking about going to washu and thinkmans... both on friday... lol

Either way I dont think ill be at any smash thing except maybe metals for a little while cause I have this really dumb thing for school that I put off for like a month so now I have to work nonstop to get it done before next friday

Nuris

Smash Lord
Wash U and Kyle's place are very close. You can pretty much use them interchangeably.

AND GODDAMMIT FUTURE! No one is ever going to play 64 with me :( I'm still going to bring it Friday just in case.

Everyone should definitely gather somewhere on Friday. If nothing else you all can discuss who is going and driving to SMYM so you can stop spamming the thread about it lol.

In other exciting news, I'm thinking about purchasing another TV.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Nuris whenever we do play 64 im gonna get murdered cause I haven't played in like two+ months and I dont have an N64 right now cause my sister took mine :(

But I do have a new controller...

Nuris

Smash Lord
I haven't played much 64 lately, but I did pick up Fox because he ***** noob Kirbies. I still have no counter for Pikachu :(

Top Bottom