• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Lixivium

Smash Champion
This is logistics, not segregation. I was at Kyle's last Friday and even though we had 3 setups it still felt overcrowded and I didn't get to play as much as I wanted. Now imagine if one of those setups was instead used for Melee, it'd be even worse.

Nuris

Smash Lord
This is logistics, not segregation. I was at Kyle's last Friday and even though we had 3 setups it still felt overcrowded and I didn't get to play as much as I wanted. Now imagine if one of those setups was instead used for Melee, it'd be even worse.
That, among other reasons, is why I'm going to get another TV.

Sorry to anyone who wanted to play last night... I felt pretty bad and passed out around 7:30.

This is quite the predicament... I don't mind so much that people are divided, it's just that I'd like to be both places at once! I will probably go to Wheeler first then stop by Kyle's place later.

JGALT

Smash Cadet
Melee in Wheeler, what's that nonsense!? You're gonna have to fight Dave for his television. And you don't want to see Dave when you interrupt one of his Lifetime movies (I wish I was kidding). I *live* in Wheeler, and I still think people should convene at Kyle's.

At any rate, I can't make it anywhere until about 9:00 or 10:00. If people want a ride to Kyle's (God forbid y'all *walk* to Greenway) around that time, I might be able to arrange it.

Nuris

Smash Lord
So I guess Melee is going to be in Wheeler at Wash U... I will bring a TV but it will leave with me if I go to Kyle's.

When is Melee starting? Do you have any other set-ups? :/

Book!

Smash Journeyman
If there is another place on campus that people would like to convene, I have no problems. Wheeler is just what we have done in the past and no one has proposed a better alternative. Assuming we can get Dave to let us use the big TV, and can bring down another one from the 4th floor, we will have two screens (as we did two weeks ago). We only have one Gamecube, however, so Binyan/Phil/Alex please bring another.

It's a shame to split the group, but we don't have one location that can comfortably accommodate all of us. For now: Melee = Wash U, Brawl = Kyle Cave.

Boss, if you are interested in playing Melee we usually get started between 6 and 7. The residential area is on the South side of campus.

Nuris

Smash Lord
6515 Wydown Blvd. Clayton MO 63105

However, there is no access to our parking garage from Wydown, you have to get in from Forsyth. There is a Church lot on Wydown next to our school.

So like, if you are going east on Forsyth Blvd, there is a right turn at 6490 Forsyth (address approximate) you want to take. Go to the end of that windy, speed-bumped street and the garage is on your right.

Edit: My number is 617-959-4517 if you need to call someone.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
same here.... So smash is happening in 2 places tonight? no idea which one I should go to.

well, I'm not gonna be free until around 9 so would it even be worth going? how late do you guys play till?

Nuris

Smash Lord
If you want, you can come to Wash U, play some Melee, then go to Kyle's to see people and set up some Melee there. That's what I'm doing.
Toga, Legan, and others will be at Kyle's and probably willing to play Melee. So will I and possibly others.

After 9 is certainly worth going. That's when it starts getting good. Last time Legan and I didn't leave Kyle's until 4. Things tend to die down around 2 or 3.

darkatma

Smash Hero
i have no idea what i'm doing.
LOL
But i wanna smash a little tonight. but not too much because i have stuff to study later
i'll bring a wii for melee wherever i go though.

post more

also geno you should play melee with me :D

Nuris

Smash Lord
OKAY

In attempts to end the confusion...

If you want to play MELEE go to Wash U.

If you want to play BRAWL/BOTH go to Kyle's.

If you don't want to come at all, shame on you.
PM me if you need directions to either.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I just have to say that I don't like the idea of my place being considered "Brawl only". Personally I don't care that much, since I am happy to play Brawl all night--heck, I didn't even get to play Melee last time, since I was playing the new people in singles the entire middle part of the night.

But I really enjoy hosting both games: Phil calling Toga's Melee Falcon "the guy who gets too drunk and ruins the party" was the quote of the night. Smash is just too good, no matter what flavor.

I don't want people who show up at my place to act surprised or upset if Melee gets brought out. Ideally I'd like to have FOUR setups: 2 Brawl, 1 Melee, and 1 other random game for giggles. (ZOMG MEGA MAN!) And yes Phil, that includes Smash 64.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Sorry Kyle, for branding you as Brawl only. I know that's not how it is, but it sounded like if I didn't clarify something quick people were going to not come at all. I will do what I can to convince people to come from Wheeler. We'll see who shows up.

Nuris

Smash Lord
I'm going to Wheeler now. I should answer my phone.
617-959-4517 is the number, Phil is the name.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Id love to play melee with you Binyan :) . But you may want to bring some a few maple syrups to restore my lost FP from lack of playing recently. ;)

If I come around 9 should I should probably just go to Kyle's right? since it looks like thats where everyone ends up.

also does your phone work kyle? cause i might be calling you.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
My car doesn't get the greatest mileage but I can fit six people easy.

If we can find a place to stay in Champaign on Friday I think that's what we all want to do.

Who is bringing a setup?

Top Bottom