• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

chewyy

Smash Ace
Hey all. This is Play N Trade in Edwardsville IL. Greets! First time on here so just wanted to throw out a hello. Hello! Thanks MILK for updating everyone on our next tournament. It is Sun Feb 15th at 1:00pm. Should last about 3-4 hours, this will be single elimination! $10 Entry Fee. Winner to receive CASH...70% of pot, second place CASH 10% of pot, 20% for the house, we have to pay rent ya know.

Winner will also receive a copy of Street Fighter IV when released. Our first 1v1 tourney has 72 people, hoping to get at least half that for this one.

Hope to see you all there.

Thanks,
PNT
?!?!?!?!?!

Nuris

Smash Lord
Any room left in your car, Phil? I might wanna come to SMYM.
These should be room in my car. Still have to work out housing though.

Edit: Sure Chezzles, I'll team with you. I dunno who I'll use though. Hopefully it'll be a character with a good downsmash.
And to chewyy, I agree it should be double elim. I also think there should be a bigger cut to 2nd place, maybe even one for 3rd. But I guess since it's their location they get to make the rules.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
If I may say so, SMYM and NO KOAST are looking pretty awesome as far as tourneys go.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
that would be cool
i can find housing on campus because my friend's friend has 2 empty beds
but if we're doing a hotel and smashing and preparing for the tourney then i'd rather stay at whoever's house/whatever hotel anyways :p
Okay I think we need to nail down who is going for sure.

Me
Geno
Darkatma
Nuris
???

We are leaving Friday night and staying overnight in Champaign. Nuris and I are going to be driving unless somebody else has a bigger car that can fit everybody.

Phil if you're going to go you should definitely enter the tournament. Part of the reason you go is that you get to play good players in pools/brackets even if you get your butt handed to you. I've gone to plenty of tournaments where I didn't make it out of pools and I was still glad I entered.

I need somebody to team with :(

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Count me in if you have room for us (have a friend visiting). I don't expect to get out of the first round, but it should be a lot of fun.

What about housing? Matt says he can host 3-4 but that would be 6.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
First of all chezzles that sig is amazing. Second metal we still smashing at your place tonight and do i need to bring my wii again. hopefully i might actually get good enough soon to feel confident enough to enter a tourney.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
so guys should I apply to SLU or wash U so I could play with you guys?

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
we could prolly house 6 of you guys if you need it....right now other people are finding their own housing so as of now only 4 other people are scheduled to be here but they haven't responed to me in a while so im not sure if they still need it

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Good news on the Play n Trade tourney, the owner said if less then like 30 something people show they'll do double elim, but they'll prolly' slide for a little more then 30.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
we could prolly house 6 of you guys if you need it....right now other people are finding their own housing so as of now only 4 other people are scheduled to be here but they haven't responed to me in a while so im not sure if they still need it
All right can we get an address and/or phone number? There are going to be people playing friendlies Friday night at this place right?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
More Wiis = Less Time = No Single Elimination = Problem Solved

The Chezzles strikes again.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Actually Im off work this friday and saturday, omgwtfbbq so I might be doing some smashing, brawl+melee+64 preferably.

Also, what is happening ... like.... in between the kirksville tourney and the edwardsville one? after kirksville are you guys gunna drive back here that night?

and I can bring my wii for edwardsville

Teh Future

Smash Master
I kno, fawking work schedules so weird and dumb my manager keeps changing it so much, it used to be the same every week. Now it's like, what? you've worked here for almost a year lets reward you by giving you less hours and a wierd *** schedule that changes every week.

Ill start telling him to give me off on tuesday when hes making the schedule cause I dont think he cares that much, but not next week cause imma probably asking off for kirksville/playntrade

alt-F4

Smash Ace
yeah you need to fix your schedule futurewrestler, metal keeps saying that i am supposed to watch your ROB. Also metal do you need me to bring my wii over again?

darkatma

Smash Hero
yeah i might be able to play a bit tonight, but only a max of 2 hours
what time do you wanna play?

also, Jeremy wants to go too, so I believe it's best we keep both drivers (phil and alex)
So now we have

Lixi
atma
atma's random friend who doesn't play smash but wants to visit UIUC
geno
jeremy (bltz?)
zach
zach's friend

and for maybes we have
jimmy (who most likely wont go but expressed interest)
legan(who is supposed to team with ripple but hasn't responded on smashboards for forever?)
brawlpro(who really SHOULD go)

yeah

for not going we have
MUBA!!!!!!!!!

k i'm done lol

Lixivium

Smash Champion
yeah i might be able to play a bit tonight, but only a max of 2 hours
what time do you wanna play?
I was thinking around 6:00 PM. We'll have an official practice session later this week yes?

Man that is a lot of people, I don't think we'll all be able to stay at UIUC if they all go. Respond and confirm if you're going, peeps!

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Lixi, yeah we should all play either Thurs or Friday night (after my midterm). Whatever is best for you, I guess. We live here.

My friend and I are onboard assuming you can squeeze us in.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm planning on driving in that morning. (Addressed to Kirksville -> Edwardsville plans)

Lixivium

Smash Champion
All right if anybody else can play today leave a note here.

Zach: Does your friend have a place to stay in Champaign or will he be staying with us?

Top Bottom