• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Teh Future

Smash Master
Hmm... Kurt Warner fumbles, who would have guessed?

awesome vid deku, im jealous melee looks so fun for people that are good at it lol

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
SMYM! (Feb. 7th, Melee, 3 hours)
Kirksville! (Feb. 14th, Brawl, 3 hours)
Edwardsville! (Feb. 15th, Brawl, <1 hour)
NO KOAST! (Feb. 21st, Brawl Circuit, 6 hours)

Guys. We have FOUR tourneys happening over the next THREE weekends. Can we have *everyone* post which they are interested in going to, and their tentative plans as far as rides and housing go?

I will be going to Kirksville, driving back Sunday morning to Edwardsville, and also doing NO KOAST. I can and will drive unless Toga is driving and there is room in his car, since AFAIK the great Blue Falcon is the only car better than mine. I have been told that I can stay at Steeler's for NO KOAST, and will get confirmation on that after I can present a headcount. I have no housing plans yet for NO KOAST.

Let's get this thing resolved!

Chezzles

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to go to either Kirksville or Edwardsville. Can't say for sure which yet though. In either case, it'll be my frst time (so be gentle? lol).

Also, Big Chris/Jack Black might be interested in going to one of those, so maybe an extra car? I will provide updates as they come.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
i couild probably make the edwardsville tourney but one in like o'fallon would guarentee me going
Well, only tourney organizers themselves get to decide where the things are held; the rest of us can only decide whether or not we are going. ;)

Edwardsville would be a fine first tourney; the place should be a little scarce given that it's competitign with so many other events, but not enough such that no STL smashers show up. I dunno if chewwy or ripple (or anyone else) will make it.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Well, only tourney organizers themselves get to decide where the things are held; the rest of us can only decide whether or not we are going. ;)

Edwardsville would be a fine first tourney; the place should be a little scarce given that it's competitign with so many other events, but not enough such that no STL smashers show up. I dunno if chewwy or ripple (or anyone else) will make it.
I think Chewy actually said he's making this one, but who knows.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I want to go to Edwardsville, but what time do you think we'd be back near stl? cause if its too late then I might not be able to.

I'd like to go to the one in kirksville as well, but thats definitely a maybe.

Im not gonna be able to do no koast and im way too bad at melee to embarrass myself at smym

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I've always wanted to be in a video but I never do anything cool in Smash.
I think you're cool. :D

I want to go to Edwardsville, but what time do you think we'd be back near stl? cause if its too late then I might not be able to.
Depends what you say is too late, cause the tourney starts at 1, so sometime before 1 I would imagine, hah.

Teh Future

Smash Master
well it starts at 1 p.m. but how late do they usually run? plus I don't know how long the drive home would be or if people are planning on staying overnight or what cause I have to get up for school at 6 the next day

edit: well thinkaman says its less than 1 hour, but im guessing thats from his house, which im like 45 mins away from.

As long as I get home at around midnight or before it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

wtf all the ones in your post confuse me lol

CalebSitton

Smash Apprentice
well it starts at 1 p.m. but how late do they usually run? plus I don't know how long the drive home would be or if people are planning on staying overnight or what cause I have to get up for school at 6 the next day

edit: well thinkaman says its less than 1 hour, but im guessing thats from his house, which im like 45 mins away from.

As long as I get home at around midnight or before it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

wtf all the ones in your post confuse me lol

iEDIT: it seems u edited it faster than i could edit my own post lol XD

t was posted how long the tourneies "meaning all of them in the area" will last i think about 1 hour or so?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
What? If you are talking about my post, I was talking about driving distance from the middle of St. Louis. (MO side)

If the Play N Trade thing lasts past 9pm, then cross my eyes and call me a Sonic main.

CalebSitton

Smash Apprentice
What? If you are talking about my post, I was talking about driving distance from the middle of St. Louis. (MO side)
uh oh it seems everytime i post something in the forums i start failing at it....but atleast u cleared things up for me about how long one of them lasts xD

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
FYI, I won't be doing any sort of smashfest this Friday. It's like mommy always said, "If you are too busy to go to SMYM, then you are too busy to hold a smashfest!"

Please everybody, offer details as to each tourney you are interested or capable of going to. This includes people like chewwy, ripple, milk, or gambino who might be lurking! Especially Toga and Legan, let's get our plans together.

Also Metal, what time specifically are you leaving? I can only leave Fridays after 5:30 unless I make special arrangements, which would allow me to leave at any time.

Edit: ALSO IF WE COULD FIGURE OUT TEAMS THAT WOULD BE SUPER K GUYS?

Nuris

Smash Lord
SMYM - I'd be willing to drive (if you need me) and bring a set-up (hopefully to get my venue fee waived). I don't know if I would compete, but it would be awesome to cheer you guys on. I'd probably only go if you need me to drive.
Kirksville and Edwardsville - I'll be driving at whatever time is most convenient for everyone
NO KOAST - this one's a no go for me.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
SMYM - I'd be willing to drive (if you need me) and bring a set-up (hopefully to get my venue fee waived). I don't know if I would compete, but it would be awesome to cheer you guys on. I'd probably only go if you need me to drive.
Kirksville and Edwardsville - I'll be driving at whatever time is most convenient for everyone

Oh cool, you're showing up to Play N Trade?
Awesome.
I swore you were at a tourney in Chicago I went to.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Kyle I have the 20th, 21st and 22nd off work, so as long as I am back by a decent time of evening on Sunday so I can work Monday, I am flexible.

We can leave at or after 6pm on Friday but I was hoping to leave earlier in the day so we don't arrive at like 1am.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Metal, for NO KOAST I will try to make special arrangements to get out of any Friday obligations. I would like to leave really early if so, like 9am or such, to get in a full day of friendlies. If I'm driving 6 hours... I don't care if someone is the crappiest Mario in Kansas, I'm playing everyone dang it.

Lixivium

Smash Champion

We'd love to have you along for SMYM. We might need a second car after all.Right now we got:Me
Geno
Darkatma
Darkatma's friend
Legan (?)
Book (?)
Nuris(?)

Teams plans guys?

P

Play N Trade Edwardsville IL

Hey all. This is Play N Trade in Edwardsville IL. Greets! First time on here so just wanted to throw out a hello. Hello! Thanks MILK for updating everyone on our next tournament. It is Sun Feb 15th at 1:00pm. Should last about 3-4 hours, this will be single elimination! $10 Entry Fee. Winner to receive CASH...70% of pot, second place CASH 10% of pot, 20% for the house, we have to pay rent ya know.

Winner will also receive a copy of Street Fighter IV when released. Our first 1v1 tourney has 72 people, hoping to get at least half that for this one.

Hope to see you all there.

Thanks,
PNT

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to edwardsville. I want SF4! I can take 4 people, so I have space if anyone needs a ride.

I'd go to kirksville but I have valentines day plans.

Where IS LEGAN!!?!?!!?

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I'm going to edwardsville. I want SF4! I can take 4 people, so I have space if anyone needs a ride.

I'd go to kirksville but I have valentines day plans.

Where IS LEGAN!!?!?!!?
I wasn't aware Kirksville was on Valentine's day, guess i'm out of the question.
We should play friendlies in your car Toga, I don't have school Monday so I can stay out till whenever, and I've never really hung out with STL.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
I might be interested in SMYM after all (if you have room) but I would be bringing along a friend from out of town. Will you be alright to drive ~6 hours in one day? Maybe we can flesh out the details a bit and then I'll be able to make a commitment one way or the other.

Thanks.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I routinely drive 5 hours at a time between here and Nashville so the duration isn't that big of a deal...but then again I've never driven at 5 AM in the morning or 11 PM at night. I think it would be best to stay in Champaign on Friday, if we can find a place (hint hint Deku)

darkatma

Smash Hero
i think it'd be best for us to find a place on friday lolll
can't compete waking up at 5am

yay this sounds goood
gonna get all my studying done this week
and some tech skill practice :D

geno you better be practicing! we needa beat nub docs and good fox/falcos

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice
kyle, wake up and call me already. we gotta smash.

and NOKOAST is so **** far away. I think i'm sticking to a less than two hours away policy.

Teh Future

Smash Master
ok so ill be going to play n trade for sure and maybe kirksville, Ill know for sure this weekend.

We have three people saying they are driving to edwardsville. umm... why? lol it doesn't really matter who drives to me but I don't think we need three people.

Nuris

Smash Lord
So does this mean I'm driving to SMYM? That's cool.
The distance isn't a problem for me. Semiannually I drive from St. Louis to Boston, which is about 20 to 24 hours of driving (stops, gas, CONSTRUCTION), and I always get there next day. I'm not the fastest driver, but I get where I need to go.
Also, if anyone REALLY needs a partner I am be willing to team as long as you understand that we will probably not make it out of pools/past the first round.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
its a very easy drive here actually..

i cannot house you guys sorry (can only sign in 2 pplz)

but i will go in on a hotel with you ZOMG SMASHMOTEL ROFL

also if you do come friday night, i have places we can smash

Nuris

Smash Lord
Anyone want to team with me for Brawl? I promise to practice if you do... maybe.

Top Bottom