• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Nuris

Smash Lord
Can we practice srrsly Thursday and make plans for Friday?
plzkthxbai

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
someone please tell legan to meet me at the tourney early so we can work on our team strats

Radium88

Smash Lord
yeah you need to fix your schedule futurewrestler, metal keeps saying that i am supposed to watch your ROB. Also metal do you need me to bring my wii over again?
Yeah, Metal mentioned Future again tonight. I'm starting to think he don't exist and it's just Metal's imagination....Unless he has been to Kyle's...

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
The Corey and David birds were once a species of birds in the Americas, but were hunted to extinction by some pompous settlers from a generic European location, of sorts. God ****ed conquistadors.

COOOORRREEEEEEEEYYYYY!!!! DDAAAAVVVVIIIIIIDDD!!!!! IIIIIII WWUUUUUVVVV YYYOOOOOUUUUUU

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
If I may say so, SMYM and NO KOAST are looking pretty awesome as far as tourneys go.
This is because Kansas kicks all sorts of ***. I mean all sorts of ***, big, round, ghetto, flat...wait, what was I talking about again? Oh right...THREAD INVASION. So Thinkaman has the right idea, getting all up on NO KOAST, looking to score himself some Midwest Circuit-West points. The real question is if any of you other guys are up to it. You know you want to. We have candy.

And vans.

We also have this

Chezzles

Smash Journeyman
Not to be a jerk InfernoRage1, and I'm sure I'll score lame newb points for this, but that picture was pretty offensive. I don't expect you to take it down or anything, but I don't think that kind of thing is funny.

Legan

Smash Lord
Yo, well be havin a smashfest at togas today after I get off work which will be about 3:30 or 4 to practice for smym & no koast.

Is that a picture of squirtle violating a child?

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Yo, well be havin a smashfest at togas today after I get off work which will be about 3:30 or 4 to practice for smym & no koast.

Sweet Jesus Legan is alive!!!

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice

smashfest eh?

I don't remember consenting to that! Also I thought you'd be able to play a lot earlier in the day. Give me a call when you get off work and I'll see what I can do noob.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero

Honestly you people and your sick minds. You see a turtle licking a girl's stomach and just automatically assume the worst.

Yes.

Besides, you teamed with Steeler at MWCC, you know the power of his sauce already.

darkatma

Smash Hero
SMYM:
phil and alex are driving
we're most likely leaving on friday either afternoon or night
coming back saturday night after the tourney

People who are coming:
Geno
Lixi
Jeremy
Book
Book's cover
Me
that friend of mine who is going to visit UIUC

Legan is teaming with ripple apparently (you guys should practice vs me and geno, i heard we're really good at teams)
Brawlpro is ambiguous and i still can' t tell if he's going

btw people bring lots of water or something lol. dehydrating at a tourney sucks.

ALSO
for tomorrow's smash practice, where and whenabouts?
I have a biology test from 6:30-8:30, but i'll be free after the test so that we can do some hardcore practice
We COULD smash in wheeler, but I assume we want two good TVs, and not 1 good tv and another one that's widescreen.

Normal smashfests don't actually help you improve anything. Suggest something that you want to improve, and I can probably help. I need falco lasers powershield practice and fox upair smashDI practice, so if someone could help me with those tomorrow that would be awesome. (i can do both, i'm just really rusty on powershielding)

Oh yeah, my sheik is back. I can actually do stuff again :D

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
don't give binyan smash DI practice

that **** is so annoying

what time are you guys gonna be here friday... i need massive teams practice (more my partner than I really though LLOLOL)

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Last call for SMYM is going to be tomorrow night because we need to let the guys at UIUC know how many people are coming.

Brawlpro you gotta come, this is your breakout chance, I can feel it. Remember how Linguini was all the rage when he essentially 2-stocked Mew2King in that one crew battle? That's going to be you vs. Dope or somebody.

Things I need to practice tomorrow:

Chaingrabs including ledge chaingrabs
General Marth/Luigi stuff
Playing on Rainbow Cruise/Mute City/other gay stages
Teams?

I may not get there until pretty late too. If anybody is going to be playing before 8:30 PM (before Binyan is done with his test) please leave a note here.

Nuris

Smash Lord
I should be free all day Thursday, so call me if you want to get things started early.

Whether we need to let them know or not, it would be good to get and idea of who is going, with whom they are riding, whether anyone is bringing anything other than a controller (i.e. another set-up), whether anyone needs to borrow a controller (I have 3 practically new ones up for grabs), etc. just so we have a plan. It will make me feel more comfortable :)

I'm still not sure if I'm going to enter. Normally I would, but this has been a bad week for me. DON'T WORRY I'M STILL DRIVING, I'm just not sure if I feel up to competing.

One night of practice is not going to do much for me so if you want to help just play your main or jiggs counter and play without mercy. Any advice of what I'm doing right/wrong is appreciated. Also, teams would be cool, depending on whether or not someone wants to partner.

We may only have 1 good TV and 1 other, but I don't see where else we would have more than that. I'm open to suggestions though...

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Hey Phil, I never really got a chance to talk to you at any of the Play N Trade tourneys, so if you still plan to come to the one next weekend, say hey or something, let's play some friendlies, haha.
I don't mind getting stomped by your Diddy, just in friendlies it's more fun, haha.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Yeah we should definitely play some friendlies. I actually don't practice much so we'll see how I do. Friendlies are definitely more fun, much less pressure and it doesn't matter as much when I SD lol.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Yeah we should definitely play some friendlies. I actually don't practice much so we'll see how I do. Friendlies are definitely more fun, much less pressure and it doesn't matter as much when I SD lol.
Haha I pretty much agree with all of that.
I don't get much Diddy practice anyways so it'll help.
Also too, I don't own a Wii so I don't get to play much either.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Hey Legan will you be at Play N Trade to win our money?
Also that Chicago tourney is having a round two at the end of the month, spot is open if Cody and I decide to go.
And we'll have a place to stay and such up there.

Nuris

Smash Lord
There should be room in one of the cars, Legan. I can fit 5 comfortably, dunno about Alex but I'm assuming at least 4, probably 5.
-Me
-Lixi
-Darkatma
-Darkatma's guest
-Jeremy
-Geno
-Book!
-Book!'s guest
-Brawlpro (maybe)
Plus we can probably squish or ride in the trunks or something (sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do). You should come to Wash U tomorrow night if you wanna confirm your spot.

To everyone coming in my car, bring some sort of music (CDs or something). I don't wanna listen to the radio all the way there.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Whether we need to let them know or not, it would be good to get and idea of who is going, with whom they are riding, whether anyone is bringing anything other than a controller (i.e. another set-up), whether anyone needs to borrow a controller (I have 3 practically new ones up for grabs), etc. just so we have a plan. It will make me feel more comfortable :)
I may need to use one of your controllers. Mine has always been flaky and I'd like to at least not handicap myself since I'm bad enough.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to enter. Normally I would, but this has been a bad week for me. DON'T WORRY I'M STILL DRIVING, I'm just not sure if I feel up to competing.
The problem is that if you don't join the tournament you may not get to play much the day of, since most if not all setups are going to be used for tourney matches.

We may only have 1 good TV and 1 other, but I don't see where else we would have more than that. I'm open to suggestions though...
Yeah I think we would only have one good setup whether in Wheeler or Eliot. Wherever is going to be open will do.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Hey guys, odd request.

My roommates and I are coming into St. Louis for our spring break road trip, and I was wondering if there was any chance I could find some housing in the area. The dates we'll be in town are 3/3 and 3/4 (a Tuesday and Wednesday). I realize it's a long way off but we're trying to get things worked out in advance.

My one more anal roommate than the rest of us would prefer it to be near the downtown area. This is NOT a necessity.

But more importantly, I was wondering about any insider tips on things we should do while in St. Louis. Any suggestions/specifics? What's parking like? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

And if you think you could house us, we're four 21 year old well behaved guys, just so you know the details. Also I'm the only one of us four who plays smash (unfortunately).

Nuris

Smash Lord
Lixi,
A. What color do you want, Silver or White?

B. I'm not really worried about play time. Whether playing friendlies or tournament matches I'm not sure that in my current state I would have fun doing either. So I figure why pay money to do something I might not enjoy when I can have more fun watching you guys play for free.

C. I prefer Eliot because it is closer to my car so I wouldn't have to lug my TV to Wheeler and back.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Eliot is fine, as long as we have 2 setups. My friend is getting in rather late so I'm not sure what time I'll show up.

Radium88

Smash Lord
I would like to wish luck to all those from StL going to SMYM......

Good Luck!! and may awesome recovery be with you

I really didn't know how to make that joke since I'm a complete n00bster at all that is Smash Bros terminology. (Well not all...)

Nuris

Smash Lord
I have some homework to do tonight so I might not be able to play right away, but still feel free to call me anytime to use my set-up.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Mo' money mo' power!

I've decided that I might want to get Street Fighter 4.

Not play it.

Just have it.

Top Bottom