• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
yeah i was gonna say (not that im much of an authority)

but that dude blows

legan how do you always have a new sig of someone sucking your balls LOL
omg prepare for immense trashtalking/slave conditions... (no racist intended) theres gonna be so many people at the twins

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Good news all, the Play N Trade, if we can round up 4 wii's, they will use all 8 tv's, one for friendlies for those people waiting to play, and it will be double elim as far as I know.
Also he wants to pick up my bi weeklies again, so hoorah!

Sempai

Smash Ace
Good news all, the Play N Trade, if we can round up 4 wii's, they will use all 8 tv's, one for friendlies for those people waiting to play, and it will be double elim as far as I know.
Also he wants to pick up my bi weeklies again, so hoorah!
So ur saying Play and trade will be hosting a SSBM/B tounament every other week?
Which Play and Trade?

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Will the venue have enough setups to accommodate non-tourney matches. I doubt I'm going to make it very far in brackets (if I get out of pools).

Nuris

Smash Lord
I hope I get to MM someone in 64 lol.

8 people:
Me: Waiting
Book!: calling Lixi
Lixi: Don't know yet
Atma: In Eliot
Blitz: In Eliot
Geno: heading over to Wash U? Don't know
Legan: Contacted. Come to Eliot.

In case you check this please call me and tell me your plans.
Everyone meet in Eliot

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I'm waiting for Geno to park his car at my place. We will head over as soon as possible.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
So ur saying Play and trade will be hosting a SSBM/B tounament every other week?
Which Play and Trade?
If you know where SIUE College is, right by there.
If not, PM me and I'll reply you back details.
But it's in Edwardsville.
And yes every other weekend, I know Brawl for sure, Melee I doubt he'd mind.
I wanna' try my Melee GDubs out.

Will the venue have enough setups to accommodate non-tourney matches. I doubt I'm going to make it very far in brackets (if I get out of pools).
Depending on how many people can supply Wii's.
They have TV's there, so all we need is the system and the game.
Preferably Wii's, so we don't have to switch systems to play the games, just the game.

I will just make one big cluster**** of a post so I don't get nagged at for double posting.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
I wanted to go to smym soo badd but i was layin in bed with a 103 for 2 days, and my head's still throbbin today >_<
Brawlpro you gotta come, this is your breakout chance, I can feel it. Remember how Linguini was all the rage when he essentially 2-stocked Mew2King in that one crew battle? That's going to be you vs. Dope or somebody.
I appreciate it. :)

I hope u guys are killin it over there.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Bleh, imma have to back out of kirksville tourney next week, but ill be at play n trade for sure.

Good luck at SMYM
david you wanna ride over with me on sunday? me and seth are going. or at least i am, seth might back out randomly for some dumb reason, since that happens 75% of the time he says he will do anything, lol.

Teh Future

Smash Master
15 min drive >> 45.

what time are you leaving?
also if anyone wants to mashbuttonslawl tonight just say the word ive got nothing to do

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
15 min drive >> 45.

what time are you leaving?
also if anyone wants to mashbuttonslawl tonight just say the word ive got nothing to do
can't smash tonight we're going out for seth's birthday. we'll probably leave at like elven or 12 for play n trade i guess? or maybe we should smash sat night to prepare for the next day? perhaps i will do that... like a smash lockin or something, haha.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
can't smash tonight we're going out for seth's birthday. we'll probably leave at like elven or 12 for play n trade i guess? or maybe we should smash sat night to prepare for the next day? perhaps i will do that... like a smash lockin or something, haha.
Smash lock in sounds amazing, and also kind of homo-erotic. Either way I am in. (especially for that second one)

Legan

Smash Lord
St Louis did alright, i forget what everyone placed, but I honestly cant believe i made it out of pools for my first real melee tourney, especially since i had tink in my pool and i dont even play melee.

I had a great time, what was even cooler was one every tv screen all I saw was

Fox
Fox
Fox
Falco
Falcon
Fox
Peach
Shiek
Marth
Fox
Falco
Marth
Shiek
Falcon
Peach
Samus?
Fox
Fox

What a great game.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
sir or madam

I would if I wasnt in Pennsylvania right now! I would have been at smym even

Isnt that the edwardsville thing? why didnt that happen during break?
Aw darn.
Well, the business decided to cancel the bi weeklies on me last event, but now they want to take them up again.

St Louis did alright, i forget what everyone placed, but I honestly cant believe i made it out of pools for my first real melee tourney, especially since i had tink in my pool and i dont even play melee.

Fox
Fox
Fox
Falco
Falcon
Fox
Peach
Shiek
Marth
Fox
Falco
Marth
Shiek
Falcon
Peach
Samus?
Fox
Fox

What a great game.
Yay.
It was like this at that Chi Town tourney Legan.

Fox
Fox
Fox
Fox
Falco
Marth
Marth
Falco
Fox
Shiek
Peach
Marth
Falco
Fox
Fox
Fox
Shiek
Fox
Shiek
Samus?
Pika??
Game and Watch??!!
NESS?!?!?!

Are you gonna' make it to Play N Trade?

darkatma

Smash Hero
and the results for genesis brawl are going to be
1.metaknight
2.metaknight
3.metaknight
4.metaknight
5.metaknight
6.SNAKE...oh wait ****, metaknight
7.metaknight
8.metaknight
9.metaknight

SMYM was pretty good
1.falcon
2.sheik
3.falco
now that's not normal

Teh Future

Smash Master
darkrain isn't normal ;)

I think we all know both games are unbalanced to the extent that the metagame is way too limited, even if we dont want to admit it.

Lixivium

Smash Champion

Fox
Fox
Fox
Falco
Falcon
Fox
Peach
Shiek
Marth
Fox
Falco
Marth
Shiek
Falcon
Peach
Samus?
Fox
Fox

What a great game.
No (well, few) Peaches or Jigglypuffs. I ain't gonna complain.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Deku was there.
Geno and Ripple had a Pikachu ditto on Dreamland. It was after their Mewtwo ditto, which was also on Dreamland and lasted 6:29.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
SMYM was so much fun, though I don't think I could have survived another Smash 'til dawn. I would have liked to have made brackets but I had a pretty tough pool and I was too tired/nervous to play very well. I think my match with Darkrain was THE worst I have ever played.

Don't worry Zig, there was a Pikachu representing. Of all the beatings I received, my match with Chad in pools was probably the most brutal.

Props to Geno and Binyan for doing so well in doubles. You guys work together really well. The matches were fun to watch.

Thank you to Alex and Phil for offering to drive and making this trip possible. Special thanks to Tom and Matt (awesome run in singles!) for putting us up for the night.

Same time next year.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
i got 13th...

i played poorly, but no johnsssss :( haha idk i do have some theories though

i like to think i was giving all my energies to matt lololol

it was a ****ing awesome tourney though soo much funnnn

Legan

Smash Lord
Leagan- that link looked tooo sexy, just too bad that in melee it doesnt equate to good =(....i seen some things i try with link, that you were doin and im like, omg, i thought i was the only one that tried that stuff, like, short hop-throwing bomb-wavelanding....tooo good. just need to learn how to gay out top tiers and you would be better. fun *** matches.

!
Legan - Your Link is impressive. Really had me worried first match.
Does this mean im actually good?

Nuris

Smash Lord
So who is going to Kirksville? We need to work out some car pools and when we are leaving. It could take 4 hours to get there, so we'd have to leave kinda early.
We should also make teams out of the people who are going.

Top Bottom