• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Milk -- is Edwardsville on Sunday still Single Elemination? I'm going either way, just curious. Sorry if you already posted about it and I missed it.

Also, Smash-Vallentines Day night, Sat 14th at 6pm, my place, to practice for the tournament the next day on Sunday.

I'm going to do Tourney style sets with SBR rules and counterpicking and all that. So bring your a-game and your practice sticks, because I'll be handing out good, hot dickings all night. Just handin' 'em out.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Milk -- is Edwardsville on Sunday still Single Elemination? I'm going either way, just curious. Sorry if you already posted about it and I missed it.

Also, Smash-Vallentines Day night, Sat 14th at 6pm, my place, to practice for the tournament the next day on Sunday.

I'm going to do Tourney style sets with SBR rules and counterpicking and all that. So bring your a-game and your practice sticks, because I'll be handing out good, hot dickings all night. Just handin' 'em out.
No it's double now.
We got enough Wii's.
Anyone who has one can you bring one, just in case one of my options flakes?

Sempai

Smash Ace
Ill play yah Lixivium, me and my buddy are ready to play tonight any time after 10 when he gets back home. So just say when and where but isnt Wash U still on for tonight?

[/U]

Teh Future

Smash Master
omg i have liek 00000 time since tuesday (except for yesterday when I was cuddling with my 20+ pound kitty while watching Alladin...)

anyways:

I will be at play n trade on sunday +metals on saturday night. GL to everyone going to kirksville, I expect high placings from er body in da club.

Nuris: smash 64 is too good, I totally need my 64 back cause Im horrible in the corner of hyrule temple, everytime we get near there I get supa *****. Saffron city is my favorite level in any smash game, its soo much fun to play on. but yeah you >>> me by a pretty far margin, Im gonna yell at my sister and make her give me back my 64 so we can have epic matches in the future

AltF4: I only watched one match of your ROB but I definitely noticed some little things you were doing.

-use spot-dodge dmash lessors (I could explain why because it does hit a lot but I have to go to work lol I might edit it later)

-dont try to go for spikes so much when edguarding, use more fairs and bairs because they can be used for Wallz o pain, if you miss a spike its generally a free recovery when you do, but you can throw out the fairs all day.

-moar dtilt. Everyone's rob needs moar dtilt.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Anyone up for moving Wash U Smash to tomorrow night? Not sure I can play tonight. Will probably be a bit smaller than usual anyways with all the Brawlers at tournies.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Ill play yah Lixivium, me and my buddy are ready to play tonight any time after 10 when he gets back home. So just say when and where but isnt Wash U still on for tonight?

[/u]
Sorry but that's much too late. I have an exam at 9:00 AM tomorrow morning.

All right I guess I might play tomorrow night.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
All right so when and where are people playing? (Hopefully either WashU or Kyle's place)

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good. Someone let me know when the Melee is getting underway.

EDIT - Looks like I'm going to be tied up from 8-10pm or so. Just wondering around what time people want to play so I can do my best to attend.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
St.Louis

are we gonna make a road trip out of genesis this summer, or will it be a plane trip?

I only ask because of how insane our fast trip was.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I can't get ahold of Darkatma, who may still be at that wedding reception.

_BOSS_, I guess you guys can play at my place, if you bring a setup (I only have a TV). Maybe you can go over to WashU later when people get back there. (My place is about 7 minutes driving from WashU).

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Alex, I'm busy from 8-10 as I said, so at this point I guess I can't really play until around 10. Wheeler should be available, but I'm not sure if we'll have two TV's at our disposal. Phil usually brings his small one and he's out of town IIRC. Eliot might be the best option.

Feel free to get started without me (if you can get ahold of Binyan and co.) and I'll catch up with you guys. Sorry to put you this situation, I know it's a pain to drive over when we are this uncoordinated. Your best bet is probably to try Binyan, who should be getting back soon enough. You guys have my number.

EDIT - Ah, you're too fast for me.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
You guys can come whenever, just give me a call beforehand.

Edit: But I'll be the only one here. The guys at WashU don't have cars, you'll have to go there later in order to play them, if they're not busy.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Well it's too late now.

Sorry _BOSS_ and Co., if you had been here earlier I would have played with you.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Next weekend Wash U Melee will be back in full force. Sorry to anyone who was waiting around on Saturday for plans that never really developed.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Kyle won the tourney with a down air to a rest on a D3!
That is all.
Metal was it your D3? and how did everyone do. If i have to wait until next tuesday cause there is too much to write thats cool.

Top Bottom