• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Teh Future

Smash Master
apparently the TO (ChiboSempai) didn't expect so many people to show up despite him hyping it as a national tournament and then he wouldn't let anyone help him run pools or anything. The venue closed and people wouldn't leave, plus apparently a bunch of people starting chanting money back so they called the cops lol.

Now they're at some random person's house and are finishing the tourney there. Anther and Lain are both in Loser's bracket still representing midwest yaaaaaaay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZqF8IrOjhs

that's the commentary on the live feed they had when they were getting kicked out rofl.

Radium88

Smash Lord
That looks fun but I think I'll have to buy those games so I can practice. Probably will sign up for SC4, Tekken 5, and...wait...not SF4??? Whaa?? SF4.

Oh, and of course brawl.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Confirmed for tomorrow night I think we have Radium, Alt+F4, Future, Me and Seth of course, and then probably Kolby.

So anyone else will be icing on the cake. If Future and Altf4 both bring their Wiis then we will have 3 setups.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
What time are we starting up tonight metal ive got nothing to do all day so im just killing time till "Ye Olde Smash Fest"

Nuris

Smash Lord
I might show up with a set-up and a 64... I don't think I have anything important to do tonight.

Teh Future

Smash Master
man i have got to move these... if corey can't come then my life will wilt away like a rose without sunlight </3
Well its just a semester class isn't it? College semesters are like what, two weeks? lol just leave it imo

Nuris if you come I'll for sure play smash64, although Ill be horrible at it.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Future you are coming tonight, right? You apparently play a lot of characters I'm interested in and metal keeps telling me I'm supposed to watch you play them. Also have you tell me some "Pro Tipz" for Mario and R.O.B.

Teh Future

Smash Master
yeah im coming

I still can't tell if my mario is any good or not lol, but hes so fun to play as and I love his edgeguarding game.

My ROB is good, but I never use him for some reason so I pick up a lot of bad habits, Im trying to change that because Ill probably use mostly him on sunday.

I can try to help you out in any way, although its not like im amazing at brawl or anything.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Is there someone I can call to let me in? I don't wanna knock on some random person's door.
Edit: Fell asleep. I guess I'll just head over with reckless abandon.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
i actually can't go on sunday anymore, i'm doing a favor for a friend. I might still be able to come by on saturday if you guys are still doing something then.

Chezzles

Smash Journeyman
So a friend of mine is coming into town this weekend, and I'm not going to be able to make it to the tourney on Sunday. However, my Wii is still available to you all to use (if it isn't going to be destroyed etc.) for the tourney. Kyle, if you're going, you can take it with you. If not, someone can come pick it up from WashU if it is direly needed, so long as I get it back in a reasonable time.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
If anybody is playing Friday night (Melee or Brawl), I might drop by for a study break.

Nuris

Smash Lord
I don't think Geno hosts too regularly anymore. Your best bet this weekend would be Wash U, probably Friday.
As far as the tournaments, they are Brawl only. We are leaving Friday night for Kirksville and Sunday morning for Edwardsville. There is still room if anyone else wants to go.

Top Bottom