• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SNES Results + Shoutouts - August 21-23, 2009

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Tagged for later. Still so tired.

Just so anyone who met me knows NE Ace = MdrnDayMercutio. I may just start using the MDM name, cause hearing New England Ace over and over was so effing awkward.
HOLY CRAP THAT WAS YOU!!!
I wasnt expecting such a massive dude.

>:3

For the record, I said it was stupid of me to go all Samus in a tournament.
yo son, your samus seems to be super effective against good people, but scrubs like me? get your samus TRASHED SON, lol it was cool playing you, you teach me to play patient. and i love the sence of style you roll with, it always makes it super easy to pikc you out of a crowd. I wish you were in my pool again.
Disclaimer: All trashtalking and hating is purely fun based and has no actual reflection of who I think you are as a person.

This.
1000 times this. Its a WNY standard. me and pikapika will trash talk the mess out of anybody at any time. we love just about every body, so dont get mad just cus we be stylin on you.
I think we made so many people hate us, i contemplated finding the XFL jersey from that dude, He Hate Me, and wearing it to the next tourney

woah wait. I'm not THAT bad. ]: I could understand "good shiit for getting 17th" but not just making it out of pools. D:

Does everyone really think I suck that bad? :c
Id say you are about as good as me, so theanswer to that question is yes, yes they do.
that is me and my brother
Deven3000 and Dillon
OH THATS WHO YOU GUYS WERE... yall was some straight hippies, but you were chill as all get out.
SNES was the shiz ;D

LOL i was the only good kirby main there (watch out chu ;3)
Kiwi says hi
Random small sonic child - KC 14 i think your name was You hold your wiimote + nunchuk very oddly and your sonic wasn't abd still didn't beat me *snicker*
KC 24. yes he is very small, and his sister was fine as hell, you should have learned about it
Kid Goggles - you and I were hyping ADHD and being the loudest xD I'm glad i beat your fox, it's too bad i didn't face your sonic ;(
I deemed you to not be ready lol
Random green Kirby fellow - if you want advice about kirby i can help but i need to actually study the way you fight
Girl who played Lucario - i played you on the last day and youo were pretty good, just practice more, also ...............you are kinda cute ;3
she had and odd fashion sence (pink rain boots ftw) but yes she was very cute
Wes - didn't talk too much but i think we're on friendly terms now ;P i wanna face you. me and dillon beat you and hellfox at gauntlet but i never faced you 1v1 so lets do that ;D
wes is the shiz, even tho my sonic is better and his girl was thick (in her case, a very good thing) good stuff gettin out of pools
responces in that text thats the same color as my skin
actually i 3-0'd m2k in losers finals; overall jv15 stocking him
it had a witty comment for this, but it was because i read the post wrong and now i feel stupid...

N64

Smash Champion
Awesome awesome. Shaotaots.

Skler: Super awesome teammate. Sorry I lost it for us. We had some good stuffs going though. So many moments where i was so surprised at how well you were doing. Definately team MVP. Also, hella fun hanging out with you and everyone. We should teamsies again sometime. Low tiers woot woot.

Th0rn, Banks, Iceman: Thanks for letting me room with you guys. Was fun.

Kwan: you know me, still same ol' G. We'll get pikox going again sometime. I like seein the DK again, it's fancy.

Kyupuff: Fun friendlies. ICs are tough.

dudutai: I probably butchered your name, but we played a loooot. I hate fighting puffs heh, honestly. Pika can't do much to get in so it's like "let me just look at his aerials and get mad at my lack of options" forever until someone wins". I like comboing : /. But you're good regardless, kept me on my toes.

sylar?: I think was your name. I'm bad with names sorries! good friendlies though.

ninjalink: Zomg so surprising. You're sooooo good. I rarely get to play that matchup (last good roy i played was sethlon at pound 3 and he destroyed me lol). Get a better controller and lets play, they were reeeeeally fun matches. Also you taught me roy can cg pikachu (di-dependant). I didn't know! That's kinda brutal heh.

Sastopher: Total surprise at you being there. Awesome to get to play you man. Your peach is soooo good T-T.

Anther: Good seeing you again. I miss your melee pika heh.

Milktea: milktea! we'll get friendlies some other time, fo sho.

SINGLES
Sago: You gave me a lot of trouble. I was surprised and worried heh. Impressive stuff.
Banks: You shoulda beaten me. I was so surprised i did that well. 14% SD ftl : /
Gmoney: owwwwwwwwww i got *****. on livestream.
CVNT: I hope i got that right. Good matches. I saw your ICs doing some really good chainthrowing stuff a while before our tourney match, so i was super scared of grabs heh.
D1: Yayyyyy D1. It's been a while. Good matches man, kept me on my toes. I hope you get back into melee. It's amaaaaazing.
Scar: I was so sad of SD at 0% first match. But you kept up with me regardless. I don't think I've ever had a falcon uair me out of dthrow when I DI away (used to live in kansas, played darkrain regularly) and it scared me. They always try to knee. Your falcon has surprises like that, mad respect. GGs.

Teams:
Inui & JesiahTEG: was good to finally meet both of you. Fun matches. Low tiers are silly.
Mango & Darc: you guys are so good. Seriously, darc killed pika while off the edge. No one does that right vs. my pika : /. And mangos fox, just pure intimidation. Didn't fall for anything, and punished me when i'd try it. Ggs.
Mogwai & swifbass: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo : / ggs, close matches.

Everyone else: I had so much fun and played so many people that i'm sure i missed plenty of names. You all were awesome regardless. I love the melee community.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Shoutout time:

M2K: We'll get em next time.
Hax: Good ****, friendlies 2 good, lol @ glide toss turnip - dthrow - knee / random hax combos. I'll be taking games off you soon enough.
Almo: rofl stop that
Crismas: too much fun. the stitchface sticker is lucky, I swear
Sassytopher: Nice to meet you, it would be great to see you in the competitive scene again.
Inui: Sheik :<
Guy who I played in losers bracket: **** **** ****
Mango: Douche
Darc: Cuter-looking more huggable douche
Mango: Not really a douche, just hung over
Sai: Get not-four-stocking-me'd
Sai's bro: play more melee, win more fights, enjoy more bacon. We woulda ***** in teams.
Shadowball/Huan: Just play better people more I guess. You'll get good.
Spife: LOL LINK
Skler: LOL LINK
N64: LOL PIKA
Kyu Puff: Ice Climbers hurt my feelings.
Roman: Meh yer cool I guess

QUESTAH:
Bro
I will miss the hell out of you.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Iliad- Yea I did, so whats the problem?
He's saying you're an attention *****, good sir. You rep peach well ^-^

ally - play melee
LOL he tries to <-<

Melee Singles
1: Minus ($125) (Split pot, but played it out.)
2: Sanuzi ($125) (Split pot, but played it out.)
3: Zen ($30)
4: SD
5: Fogel
5: Jack
7: Omni
7: Guru
9: Phrozn
9: John
9: Mr T
9: Saus
13: Wayne
13: Moe2)
13: Tipz
13: Ally (XD <3)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245389
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2653/meleesinglesbracket.gif

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I will say one thing about this event. As melee becomes older the risk of a death of the scene increases, while 60-70(melee singles) is an okay turnout we as the community should bust our ***** to get to sponsored events especially if the TO's are working hard on trying to maintain a great rapport with the sponsors.(not saying that they didnt love us cuz we def got mad love from game unicon)

What I am saying is that 60-70 is good and as a whole smash impressed them with numbers but I'd like to see even more for melee next time. (Not just talkin about big names FYI) I understand certain things happened with like forward and stuff and maybe unavoidable things like that happened to lots of us, but my point is that if theres an opportunity for melee to get some momentum as a community its with these sponsored events.

I've heard alot of negative outlooks toward this tourney (and others too) from ppl who didn't go like, "only 60-70 singles?" followed by "only that many big names were there?". IF everyone stopped worrying about who is showin and ****(and just show up) then maybe we'd get larger turnouts to everything. I'm honestly tired of hearing them questions every time I come back from a tourney and getting disappointing sighs and negative thoughts before I can even tell them about how the event went.(im not pointin anyone out in particular cuz ive heard this on many occasions and planned this post 3 days ago)

Thanks to the ppl who came out and those who tried with decent johns(forward)

Im just tryin to ride it till the wheels fall off.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Waiting for full results to see how the other GTA (Canadian players) did. :)

Either way good job representing Canada as always Ally.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I've heard alot of negative outlooks toward this tourney (and others too) from ppl who didn't go like, "only 60-70 singles?" followed by "only that many big names were there?". IF everyone stopped worrying about who is showin and ****(and just show up) then maybe we'd get larger turnouts to everything. I'm honestly tired of hearing them questions every time I come back from a tourney and getting disappointing sighs and negative thoughts before I can even tell them about how the event went.(im not point anyone out in particular cuz ive heard this on many occasions and planned this post 3 days ago)
I totally agree with this.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I think im going mentally ********

too many finger slips happened in teams made, me tight.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Yo Swift I agree 100%... if I didn't have a trip to the UK coming up (LOL lots of money goes byebye), I'd have bussed down a car full of RaynEX, KirbyKaze and Unknown522. Mah baddd D:

You probably don't remember me from ROM but <3 anyways

Banks

Smash Hero
I don't think i can even muster full shoutouts for this because it would be a list as long as sh+it

everyone who was in our room / partied with our room = good ****, i love you all. mango you owe me five bucks and a shoutout <3. but seriously the nights of craziness were some of the most fun times i had at smash tournaments ever. you all know who you are, and i will remember the craziness forever <333

everyone i played in friendlies/ tournament = good games, i enjoyed playing smash with everyone. I'm disappointed in my tourney performance for sure, especially in singles but i chose to handle the weekend the way i did and no matter how ****ty i felt, i still did how i did. n64 your pikachu is the best i've EVER played and even tho i failed myself you still ***** the tourney so good ****. and at least i got to play the legendary sastopher in tournament, even tho i played like a stank a$$

despite sunday, i had a great time and i hope this happens again next year because it was AWESOME

Vinnie

Smash Master
Oh and I forgot to say this in shoutouts

the last row of TVs had power outages once in a while. That's completely ********, it happened during very important tourney matches and money matches.

I remember Wes & nl vs ally & m2k, wes & nl were up a stock or two and the power went out. Then some ******** **** happened that ended up in wes/nl losing but it's really dumb.

Sanu

Smash Champion
*sniffle sniffle* I WISH I COULD HAVE MADE IT ;____;

Rhyme

Smash Lord
yo son, your samus seems to be super effective against good people, but scrubs like me? get your samus TRASHED SON, lol it was cool playing you, you teach me to play patient. and i love the sence of style you roll with, it always makes it super easy to pikc you out of a crowd. I wish you were in my pool again.
Lol. It's not my fault if my opponent isn't smart enough to fall into my shenanigans and mindgames. I have more fun trying to mess with my opponent than I do actually learning the matchup.

Now, some shouts:

Inui: Go Meta next time. Be dirty to me. : )

Waltz: Mad cool helping me find the venue and whatnot. We should'a done some team friendlies or something.

Bizkit: Most fun I had playing someone all day. Love the trashy comments and the weird ****.

Dazwa: OMG Bobby Hill! I can't think anything else when I look at you now. -_-

Sago: Mad cool, dood. First time I ever had fun playing a Samus ditto. : ) Get at that MK matchup, lol.

Carter: We should have played friendlies or something. Also, I never got around to playing your friend the Falco player. =/

Kirin: I agree, awesome set. I hate spamming that matchup, though...so boring. @.@

Hero: ...and whoever your friend was, I forget. Some of the best minutes of the weekend on that walk back from the store, lol.

Pierce: Thanks for caring. I'm still surprised that Doom bothered telling people.

Mages and staff: Thanks for making this tournament possible. I can't figure out exactly who deserves thanking with this shout so it kinda fails, but whatever. -.-

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Yo Swift I agree 100%... if I didn't have a trip to the UK coming up (LOL lots of money goes byebye), I'd have bussed down a car full of RaynEX, KirbyKaze and Unknown522. Mah baddd D:

You probably don't remember me from ROM but <3 anyways
You ate with me at taco bell/kfc right? I remember you telling me about the taco salad thingy with french fries that the canadian taco bells have.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, it was my first tourny and I had super fun!

Shout outs to my guys:
G$, Alu, and Swift: Yeah top 10 but you're all top 1 in my heart!
Mango: yeah I guess you just got number 1...

doowop

Smash Apprentice
I'm so pissed I did so bad. I should've made it out of pools but lost matches I should've won. :( Good event though.

Must say the competition was ridiculous this time. ADHD was really impressive. Diddy Kong placed first, lolz. Also, hate how I didn't place in Smash 64. Lost to some scrub Pikachu, it was ********.

Only a few shoutouts.

NinjaLink- We need to make our own game faces.
Dark Peach- I'm gonna beat you next time, without failing my up+b.
Judge- I don't forgive you for gimping me twice in a row when I was in the lead. :(
Kirin- Next time, we're doing Mario Bros in teams, no johns.
Hunger- First time meeting you. You're awesome.
Milktea- Thank you for wearing those short shorts.
DooWop- Your Luigi is ridiculous. Oh, that's me.
McDonalds- Go away. I ate like 20000 calories of you this weekend.

And to the scrubs I lost to, don't expect that **** again next time.

_milktea

Smash Lord
Milktea- Thank you for wearing those short shorts.
Um, I have no idea who you are, but uhhh, wtf lol. No need to thank me for wearing something I wear to sleep, to run, to shop...to everything. Slightly offended? You know, I did come to play the game, right, right? Hope you were paying more attention to my Peach than my shorts.

Edit: and if you were paying more attention to my shorts, i hope my 100 mosquito bites ruined your experience

Vinnie

Smash Master
Um, I have no idea who you are, but uhhh, wtf lol. No need to thank me for wearing something I wear to sleep, to run, to shop...to everything. Slightly offended? You know, I did come to play the game, right, right? Hope you were paying more attention to my Peach than my shorts.

This post ruined your 1234 post count >.< lool

When are the FULL results going to be up? -_-

Alex Strife

Smash Hero

ROFL I guess I was the ONLY one talking to her cause she is my FRIEND lol.

great seeing you again lil it was funny how u fought all your friends silly brackets LMAO

Inui

Banned via Warnings

Edit: and if you were paying more attention to my shorts, i hope my 100 mosquito bites ruined your experience
rofl

Your Peach is really good now. :)

ROFL I guess I was the ONLY one talking to her cause she is my FRIEND lol.
hi

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents

Hey...I was paying attention to your shorts...because they were cute =( And your Kirby shirt too. So much cute! xD and I <3 you, I had a great time seeing you and playing smash with you :D And liek, uh I didn't get a chance to say bye to you so I feel like a jerk.

I owe shout outs, I lurk so much.

fdakfldsjal but this tourny was amazing.

_milktea

Smash Lord
crismas, I LOVE YOU. also, i don't remember wearing a kirby shirt LOOOL. and double peach teaming with you was SO ****. dayum. and its fine, i didnt get a chance to say bye to mad ppl either :[ <33333.

idk blackanese, it depends if his post is a joke or not, i just assume people hate me for the most part lol

...sorry doowop if it was a joke >_>; *feels bad now*

doowop

Smash Apprentice
lol. I really didn't mean it in an offensive way, I'm sorry. It sounded funnier in my head, my apologies. =(
I blame Blackanese.

Top Bottom