• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ummmmm, wrong place for that post.

Try here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=228681
To be honest, I didn't want to post in a thread that mostly consisted of the opinions of MODs and Smash Elitests because my opinion would have automatically been drowned out. Basically, I feel that the value of my opinion there would be borderline useless so I decided to avoid the situation where I'd pretty much have to defend it against the higher ups and high ranked players because, all in all, I know it's a fight I wouldn't be able to win. It also doesn't help that I direct online tournaments as opposed to offline and there's a stigma that surrounds those so, again, I didn't want to throw myself to the lions.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
To be honest, I didn't want to post in a thread that mostly consisted of the opinions of MODs and Smash Elitests because my opinion would have automatically been drowned out. Basically, I feel that the value of my opinion there would be borderline useless so I decided to avoid the situation where I'd pretty much have to defend it against the higher ups and high ranked players because, all in all, I know it's a fight I wouldn't be able to win. It also doesn't help that I direct online tournaments as opposed to offline and there's a stigma that surrounds those so, again, I didn't want to throw myself to the lions.
i agree. arguing with those guys is tough, since they almost always prove you wrong

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Also, Jigglypuff ***** Wario. Grab release -> Rest EVERY TIME.

Only if his feet dangle above the ground (or you are in a certain dinosaur's mouth) will you HAVE to air release. Sure, they can if they want...

i agree. arguing with those guys is tough, since they almost always prove you wrong
I think it was a very well constructed post. You said D-smash was good, which would have been attacked.. but besides that, I think it was great.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think it was a very well constructed post. You said D-smash was good, which would have been attacked.. but besides that, I think it was great.
Actually, I said that it can be good in some situations but it can heavily backfire as well. I'd personally compare it to Lucario's double team; good to get you out of a jam but only if your opponent is right in your face and you have few options otherwise. Like I said, if you miss; it's pretty much a free attack of their choice. I think you may have meant dtilt. Personally, I think it's a good attack because it usually "pops" the opponent up just enough for you to go after them with any aerial besides bair. It doesn't guarentee a follow up hit in the least but I find it's a great way to get something going if you read your opponent right. I also find it one of the few moves that Wario has that makes it easier to use uair.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I mean D-smash is awful. I never use it =\.

Maybe that is a facet I am missing from my Wario game, but I think Wario is (could be) third best because he is very hard to punish. D-smash just goes against my natural flow, getting more punishment than reward more often than not.

Like you said, every Wario is different =]

c3gill

Smash Ace
The better of the remaining two characters.
By better- what do yall mean? If it is better as in better tournament placings, its Lucas. If better means the more well-rounded character, its Lucas. If better is more potential, its Lucas. If better means the character with the tougher learning curve but better endgame viability, its Lucas. If better is refering to the sexier of the two characters, its OBVIOUSLY Lucas.

Ness, obviously.
If better is refering to only his throwing game, its Ness. Or I guess it could be refering to gimpability (ability to get gimped), or his lack of recovery options(falls in with gimpibility).

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Why does everyone think Ness is better? I'm actually still trying to figure out why people think Lucas is bad at all. His recovery is crazy good, he builds damage really well, KOs well (although some of his moves come out slow), has pretty decent aerial mobility and ground speed, etc.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Lucas runs away and crys when in trouble. Ness ***** their ****. Lucas is a douche. It's Ness
but what character knocked you out of loser's last tourny? and winner's a few tournies before that? that's what i though

lucas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> swine flu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ness

Snare

Smash Lord
Lucas Matchup Discussion said:
2. Ness: 40-60. Ness completely cancels out our Projectile game with Psi Magent. Fortunately, we can do the same thing. Whioch means this fight is very much a close range fight. And Ness possess a faster close range game, and his aerial game exceeds ours. Fortunately, our ground game is much more powerful, and that is why trhe important thing here is to keep Ness grounded. And don't shield too much, because Ness has the tendency of grabbing people and killing them with a single Back Throw.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=183767

Ness Matchup Thread said:
Advantages: 60-40
Lucas
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=188116

take a seat lucas fanboys

Mattnumbers

Smash Master

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
but what character knocked you out of loser's last tourny? and winner's a few tournies before that? that's what i though

lucas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> swine flu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ness
Doesn't make lucas good, it makes me a douche. And jigglypuff 2 stocked you on your CP in the RR tourney. So? Ness is a real character whether I'm good or not.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Yeah, if your opponent falls asleep during the match long enough to get hit by one of his KO moves.
The only thing Lucas has on Ness is recovery and fsmash.
Lucas has setups for his dsmash, a quick, powerful fsmash, an ftilt that semi-spikes, a PSI Magnet that semi-spikes and creates surprising changes in momentum, and a PK Thunder that can knock someone away from the stage and continue to chase them offstage.

Lucas also has a better projectile than ness, MUCH better grab range and better edgeguarding.

sam4

Smash Cadet
TSSIISHHWRTNBATARTNSAKEPNTCH

A rough decode of overswarm's hint.

My money is on ness.
We should probably figure out what that means.

If it's just a bunch of scrambled letters that are somewhat in order, then I can make out "THIS IS" as the first two words. Though I have no real idea if that makes sense. :ohwell:

Radiation

Smash Apprentice
I would just like to mention that Ness's running grab is straight up better than both of Lucas's grabs in terms of speed, cooldown, and (almost?) range. Personally I love Lucas but jesus Ness knows how to get a grab off. He SURGES forward, and if you spotdodge too early he can jab you out of it from behind/grab you again. (not totally reliable but still, it's safer than lucas's grab. although lucas's pivot grab is great!)

note that with overswarm's hint you can spell "ness" but not the words "lucas," "not," or "other," so pretty much unless he states that it's NOT Ness in a really oblique way or the capitals are there to look ******** (or a red herring) it's Ness.

Top Bottom