• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

prOAPC

Smash Lord
TSSIISHHWRTNBATARTNSAKEPNTCH
with those letters, at least you can spell "NESS", and you can't spell "LUCAS".
BUT, at the same time, you can spell "NATCH", really popular among the Lucas boards :)

ChrisTheCom

Smash Cadet
It's probably going to be both Ness and Lucas, so that the SBR could reignite the Lucas vs Ness battle. Panda has said he wanted to get the discussions finished, so why not do two similar characters (not clones), who have similar rankings on the tier list, at once?

If anything, doing both at once could shed some light on the advantages and disadvantages that the SBR believe each have compared to the other at tournies.

Saying which is better than the other often comes down wholly to opinion, based on character representation in Brawl and their respective games, and whether you prefer Ness' better aerial and grab game or Lucas' better recovery and ground game.

Personally I think Lucas is better, but as for the character that is actually discussed, both the two are probably equally likely.

Snare

Smash Lord
Technically, Lucas is the better of the two characters because he's ranked higher than Ness on the current tier list. Yes, they both have 4.50 but Lucas is actually above Ness

Just throwing it out, probably doesn't mean anything
thats because L comes before N in the alphabet...

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Lucas > Ness

Lucas has better recovery, a faster special that even freezes the opponent (but it still sucks), a stonger and more efficient side special, an insanely powerful u-smash and d-smash, and he's faster.

Knowing this information, some smash players will think ness is a completely downgraded version of lucas, but this is nothing but bs.

Lucas may be better than Ness, but Ness has some better qualities. If he hits himself with his PK thunder, it may have a shorter distance, but is much more powerful than if lucas does it. PK flash and PK freeze suck, but pk flash is a lot more powerful and easier to use, although its slower. ness's pk fire can be shot downwards, and it creates a pillar of flames that deals multiple hits to the enemy, but i still like lucas's better. his pk thunder also has greater speed and can even kill enemies, if they're at 200%.

Lucas and Ness both have pros and cons, but i still think lucas is better, but ness isn't just a downgraded version of lucas. i'm serious, if i hear one more person say that then im gonna punch them in the face.
jk

So lucas is most likely the new character.

1000TH POST!!!!!!!!!!

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
thats because L comes before N in the alphabet...
Except the tier list goes from bottom to top. In a register for example, it's in alphabetical order from top to bottom but in the tier list, it's the other way around

It probably means nothing but I thought I'd throw it out. I imagine the other hint will help people figure it out

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Lucas' Pk Thunder can gimp enemies when they're below 100%, given they have a bad enough recovery and are off stage, eg Link, Ike, Wolf
well it is better in that fact. also, if it hits an enemy, it goes through them. with ness, someone can jump into his bolt and stop it and ness will fall to his death. you can do this with lucas too, but its harder mainly because he has a shorter circle to make. both pk thunders can be absorbed, which is generally why i use game and watch against lucas and ness because i can absorb their recovery, and their other projectiles.

this is how i got my friend to stop using lucas. genius.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Believe it or not, using the up B with Ness (into Ness, not your enemy) is a surprisingly gay tactic that can kill at low percents if it connects properly. That being said, Lucas is still better than Ness.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I've never seen people so bad at deciphering clues.

Mother 3 is not a comical setting. Earthbound is.

aLSo mR. saTUrNs FrOM eArTHbOuND TalK LIke tHiS.

Ness is also clearly the better character.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I honestly think that they gave us the "better of the two" hint just to screw with our heads and incite a flamewar over which of the two is better. IDK which one's really next.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Watch it be both at the same time.

lololol.

Also, lol@the people making all the comparisons b/t the two then saying which one's better. They're all pretty wrong.

Levitas

the moon
Huh? I'm not sure what you mean, I'm not SBR and what I'm saying is a guess at what they think. But I do know that Lucas is better than Ness in brawl.

c3gill

Smash Ace
ThiS pSIonic chIld iS a Hero in His oWn RighT aNd BAtTles a vARieTy of moNSters in A comical setting! His pK abilitiEs are toP NoTCh!

Hint by Overswarm.
If you look at that sentence's reflection in a mirror, through a rainbow, while underwater, naked- you will see the words "Lucas has the most potential out of every character in the game, if the 20 people who main him got together and worked their **** out he would be Super****Awesome Tier."

But I do know that Lucas is better than Ness in brawl.
correct. nuff said, Levi.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Huh? I'm not sure what you mean, I'm not SBR and what I'm saying is a guess at what they think. But I do know that Lucas is better than Ness in brawl.
Curious, isn't it?

Putting aside your 'knowledge', by everything on the table here, everything that is known to everyone, it could still go the other way.

You saying you know Ness is worse means nothing.

Here, look: I know Ness is better than Lucas.

Guess that clears everything up.
Hey, let's get to Jiggs now. Should be amusing to crack the hint for Jiggs vs Lucas. Sometimes I just :embarrass I can't tell the difference between these two. The strength and comportment of a lady, both of them. But your expertise with Lucas would surely discriminate his semblance from the other no problem, right Levitas?

Bring on the puzzle!

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Yeah, but maybe they're not talking about Brawl? Maybe they're just talking about who's "cooler" in general. Not everything they say is related to Brawl; in fact, many of the previous hints haven't even been related to Brawl.

Levitas

the moon
lol PK-ow, I stated an opinion. No need to get so angry over it. Also, you seem mad at me in general. Perhaps it's something we could clear up over PM.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
TS SI I S H H W RT N BAT ART NS A H K E P NTC!

Took out all lower case

Took out caps

hi ponic chld i a ero in is on igh ad tles a viey of moters in comical setting! is p abilitis are to oh!

Got bored. Might have mistakes I don't know.

pastaboy

Smash Champion

Took out all lower case

Took out caps

hi ponic chld i a ero in is on igh ad tles a viey of moters in comical setting! is p abilitis are to oh!

lolz theres the hint, ness uses a bat, problems solved

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace

Took out all lower case

Took out caps

lolz theres the hint, ness uses a bat, problems solved

*applauds*
i would've never thought of that.
and if it is Ness, i'd love to hear the SBR's reasoning on why he's better (because he's not)

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Lol I think Overswarm just wanted to throw us off, there's probably no secret behind why he made some letters in CAPS...

But this one's got to be Yoshi.

(*hint* SARCASM)

Top Bottom