• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

c3gill

Smash Ace
i was really, REALLY disappointed with the SBRs "discussion" of Lucas. it was pitiful at best :(

mimic_king

Smash Lord
I knew it was going to be both of them.

did anyone else notice that the first word in panda's first post in this thread is ness?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I appreciate the effort. I really do.

But lugging Ness and Lucas together just seems... Pathetic. I mean Mewtwo has his own entry for gods sakes. Well I suppose thats what happens when clones are reviewed closely to each other.

PS: I wonder why panda put the name Ness as his first word.
?

Snail

Smash Lord
If there are going to be any re-discussions, I suggest that the SBR invite a few knowledgeable mains of that week's character to the discussion so that the discussions will be more in-depth. Some of them were just... common knowledge for everyone and hardly worth reading. It would really help if a few of the character's mains would be able to join the discussion to correct any misunderstandings and help the SBR by giving in-depth information about the characters.

Hmmm

Smash Rookie
Yes, this is a good idea by the SBR. In saying that, I have some information that you could use in your Yoshi discussions.

Though Yoshi's overdependence on his double jump is a weakness, with a timed dogde, he can easilly dodge many attacks thrown at him. Secondly, Yoshi's pivot grab is one of the techniques that Yoshi's gameplay is focused on. His grab, though a little laggy if missed, is very useful in chaingrabbing and dealing damage to your opponent quickly. Thirdly, since Yoshi is one of the heavy characters, he is a little bit harder to K0. Also, his speed is not what you'd expect from a heavy character. He is somewhat fast. :p
Finally, Yoshi has some great edge-guarding abilities. He has a spike which is always useful, and I find that his Dair is also a good gimping tool, though most Yoshi mains rarely use his dar to gimp. It hits the opponent multiple times and has enough hitstun, if done right, will allow you to use your double jump and grab the ledge before your opponent can recover.

I hope this helps! :) happy smashing!

Top Bottom