• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SiiS5! STrEAM UPPPP Unlimited arcade gaming! avg:100+ attendees

When should SiiS4 be?

• December 18th or earlier

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • January 1st or later

Votes: 72 65.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So Rikku and I don't have a place to stay. At this point, the chances seem slim that we can make this. :(

Kel

Smash Master
Aushper is from Medina, so why don't Blue and Shugo just try to carpool with him?

I'd offer my place for housing but I close Friday night and open to close Sunday at my work =(

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Illinois is pretty much confirmed unless something goes horribly, horribly wrong.

We're gonna need housing on Sat night, and I'm too lazy to look through the past 10 pages, so can someone update me on the housing situation? Cell # etc. would help.

Also, I'm bringing a full setup... Oro says that he's bringing one too, but unless he wants to carry that big-*** TV on his lap for 6 hours, there probably won't be room lol. Assuming I fill the car up of course

Airborne

Smash Lord
OMG, Illinois's gonna be there.... I might try harder to go now.

My best bet will be to find someone to switch shifts with me, and then drive there for singles. However, convincing my dad is ALWAYS the issue. >___<

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Yeahyuz...IL is going. :D

Here's how my car is looking:

1. DarkLouis
2. Lain
3. Tech_Chase
4. Amadeus (Toledo)
5. Tutu/Gio (I think its Earthadept)

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Okay, so Friday night I have 5 + Auspher & Friend I'm assuming?
That's enough room. I live in an apartment, but I have a pretty big living room and I've housed tons of people for MLG, so this isn't really much in comparison.

And Saturday night I have IL-- which is how many people, DLA?

clowsui

Smash Legend
Hey so in case you guys didn't notice, this tournament is going to be pretty big.

EDIT:
As one of the people helping out with this event I want to stress to you how important it is to BE ON TIME!!!!!!

TOs can only do so much. We have a great team running this event that have had experience running 2+ events of 30-50 people. I'll be the first to say that this team is not going to kid around: no "Lain breaks", no bending over backwards completely for people who want to go to lunch just as their pools are getting into the hectic portions, low tolerance for lateness to matches, no friendlies unless certain stations are designated for friendlies, attentive pool leaders assigned to pools, etc. In short, this event is going to be run at MAXIMUM efficiency.

Maximum efficiency only goes so far when we lose even one hour to people not getting to places on time. Smashers are notoriously slow to start events - I know because I too have been guilty of this even after I began TO'ing and understood the importance of time. Please contact any of the TOs (my number, for reference, is 513-206-0500; calls only) in the event that you are going to be late and we will try our very best to accomodate for you, but if you don't call then we can't be helpful at all.

TL,DR: Call us if you're going to be late. We're going to run a tight ship because this event has a lot of people entering, so don't try to d!ck around and expect to get away with it. Reg starts at 11? Who cares, be here at 10:30 anyways. I will be at the venue starting at 10:15 waiting for people to arrive.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Ugh Im about to give up on finding a good partner for doubles lol i cant find one :( Still looking forward to this though. If anyone happens to be interested let me know.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Hey so in case you guys didn't notice, this tournament is going to be pretty big.

EDIT:
As one of the people helping out with this event I want to stress to you how important it is to BE ON TIME!!!!!!

TOs can only do so much. We have a great team running this event that have had experience running 2+ events of 30-50 people. I'll be the first to say that this team is not going to kid around: no "Lain breaks", no bending over backwards completely for people who want to go to lunch just as their pools are getting into the hectic portions, low tolerance for lateness to matches, no friendlies unless certain stations are designated for friendlies, attentive pool leaders assigned to pools, etc. In short, this event is going to be run at MAXIMUM efficiency.

Maximum efficiency only goes so far when we lose even one hour to people not getting to places on time. Smashers are notoriously slow to start events - I know because I too have been guilty of this even after I began TO'ing and understood the importance of time. Please contact any of the TOs (my number, for reference, is 513-206-0500; calls only) in the event that you are going to be late and we will try our very best to accomodate for you, but if you don't call then we can't be helpful at all.

TL,DR: Call us if you're going to be late. We're going to run a tight ship because this event has a lot of people entering, so don't try to d!ck around and expect to get away with it. Reg starts at 11? Who cares, be here at 10:30 anyways. I will be at the venue starting at 10:15 waiting for people to arrive.
This is extremely important. We are not going to have much time, compared to the amount of people showing up at this event. If you haven't signed up at 12:00, don't expect to enter doubles, unless we're running late and are still accepting entry. Same with singles. Have yourself signed up at 3:00 or earlier. There have been too many tournaments where we've been threated to be kicked out of the venue, or even have been. I don't want any trouble caused for those that got us the venue, so we're going to be extremely strict on signups.

Also Tako, love the avatar XD

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I'm excited to T.O for this event also. It's good experience :) I'll do a good job of enforcing the rules as you have to for an event of this magnitude.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Okay Tako let's do it. I'm cool with that :D I got a solid Snake and D3 for doubles it should be fun.
Aw shiiiit, Tako and TC. :D

$1/$5 mm sometime during the day, Tako? (I hated when they made you forfeit game 1 at MLG) Or friendlies. w/e I guess lol

sai_:)

Smash Ace
I think I forgot to actually mention what area in the college the tournament will be on. It will be in the ATLC lounge area so you can see it once you enter the ATLC building

IF YOU ARE BRINGING A SETUP, you can be dropped off on the side of the building so you dont have to carry t.v's and stuff up any stairs,Its a straight walk across :)

Also Incase my number wasnt posted its 513-338-3262

sai_:)

Smash Ace
also I should be able to get atleast 2 or 3 wii's out of my cincinnati state friends

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Day-chan's taking MMs, too! Just for fun and to help get better!

Just because I'm a girl doesn't make me bad. ;p
Edit: We should have livesteam. I don't know who's bringing it (Jake/TheComposer?) I just know we'll probably have it.

clowsui

Smash Legend
A reminder again to everyone out there:

I am going to be at the venue at 10:15 AM, roughly. Set up begins at 11:00, but I will probably have all the table arrangements done in the main area so half the work will be done.

Now for new stuff:

I will be bringing a notebook, a pen and a sharpie to take registrations, mark stations with and to make pools sheets. Thus I will also be bringing tape and scissors. I will probably bring a few pens/pencils with me as well.

I am bringing TWO power strips. If ANYBODY has ANY power strips PLEASE bring them.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Aw shiiiit, Tako and TC. :D

$1/$5 mm sometime during the day, Tako? (I hated when they made you forfeit game 1 at MLG) Or friendlies. w/e I guess lol
Sure sure, I've been wanting a rematch :D.

And yeah hilt <this is one of my favorite scenes in OP. I remember reading the jump the week it came out on ROFLing.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
A reminder again to everyone out there:

I am going to be at the venue at 10:15 AM, roughly. Set up begins at 11:00, but I will probably have all the table arrangements done in the main area so half the work will be done.

Now for new stuff:

I will be bringing a notebook, a pen and a sharpie to take registrations, mark stations with and to make pools sheets. Thus I will also be bringing tape and scissors. I will probably bring a few pens/pencils with me as well.

I am bringing TWO power strips. If ANYBODY has ANY power strips PLEASE bring them.
Chi, I'm beginning setups around 10:30. You can come whenever if you feel the need to help out.
As for registrations and such, I'm making a registration paper already here at home. You can bring your things for pools sheets, that's fine.
Also, I'm going to have a helper's list. I'll probably move you down to that.
Other than that, we need long term TO help. As in, people that know how to do seeding, etc. I'm assuming that Springfield will help do that.

@Jake, Hm! You have your mic, right? Does it work on your laptop? I'll ask about the Dazzle.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
@Jake Doesn't he have work or something? That would be pretty cool, though!
Mic would be helpful!

If all, I guess we're going to need more laptops that can setup Livesteam.
Fanfan namesearch please.

Louisville can't bring their Dazzle.
So we're going to need a Dazzle. Maybe Springfield? Anyone?
I have a Dazzle like thing I can bring for a last resort, but I have no clue how to set it up on a livesteam. But I can set it up on a computer.

@Chi, It's cool. We're still going to need your resources. I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom