• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I'll be at apex. But then again I'm just decent at best (if that :p).

Question: some time ago I asked about the sheik on sheik CG and when you can jump out of it, etc. But what about the overall match up? What can I as a Sheik main do to make sure I have the slight advantage over the other sheik? More fairs? Spam back airs? Be the better needle camper? Or just do what I can to set up for that grab and don't miss an L cancel?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Stay grounded. Don't get grabbed. CC grab.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Sheik ditto is stupid.

Just crouch a lot and see if the opponent will tilt it and then reap the free grabs. Don't approach, mostly move back during combat and punish. If they like to boost grab (or dash attack) really far to counter your moving back, just jump over them when they approach and then needle grab or just empty SH grab.

Drephen

Smash Master
Sheik ditto is stupid.

Just crouch a lot and see if the opponent will tilt it and then reap the free grabs. Don't approach, mostly move back during combat and punish. If they like to boost grab (or dash attack) really far to counter your moving back, just jump over them when they approach and then needle grab or just empty SH grab.
lol get better at the matchup and you wont hate it

...nah u right sheik dittos are pretty stupid lol

Spife

Smash Master
hey if i dj before wave landing onto a plat form is it any faster (then had I just jumped)? It feels faster but that might be my brain going "hey you press one more button in the same amount of time so it MUST be faster"

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
lol dair to usmash is epic. ive started using dair a TON more, especially vs fast fallers, its soo ****

still doesnt help the matchup tho. moral of the story:: tech chase more.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
hey if i dj before wave landing onto a plat form is it any faster (then had I just jumped)? It feels faster but that might be my brain going "hey you press one more button in the same amount of time so it MUST be faster"
i know it is for ganon spider sense was showing me some tech stuff. Not sure on sheik though.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Yeah things have been done before, just not abused.

Like PC Chris was DC-ing people with Falco using the early dair at like FC6 but it didn't become popular until Mango.

Spife

Smash Master
I'm not laying claim to it or anything, I'm just curious if it's worth spending any time on.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I find it makes it easier for Fox and Falco. I don't know if it makes it faster but I always thought it did because she seems to reach the top of her double jump quickly.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i always thought all characters double jumps caused them to accelerate faster than just single jumping

soap

Smash Hero
I'm kinda at a loss for words....

I'm kinda surprised, I thought lucky would deal with it better =/
i thought lucky was being a bit of an idiot after that first gimp.

nair shining sheiks shield at the edge...thats kinda asking for it.

great execution by m2k though

Kira-

Smash Champion
LOL well I think he was over it by then

2nd match he didn't do so terribly but yea

don't worry we're not done rubbing it in his face

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
its gay and ********. IC have lots on sheik. IC are great from below people and sheik is bad from above people. sheiks bad short hop and poor mobility makes it hard to approach safely. one grab from IC with 2 = death. 1 grab with 1 IC=0-50 or so CG into a guaranteed smash no matter what.

im really good against IC but there is still a certain level of them where you just cant really win as sheik imo. i wish amsah vs chu would've happened at pound, i would've loved to see it.

Top Bottom