• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
ICs still has to know what he's doing. You can't just pick them up and expect to beat seasoned Sheiks. It's a lot harder than that, but still a good match-up for ICs if played correctly and well.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
its gay and ********. IC have lots on sheik. IC are great from below people and sheik is bad from above people. sheiks bad short hop and poor mobility makes it hard to approach safely. one grab from IC with 2 = death. 1 grab with 1 IC=0-50 or so CG into a guaranteed smash no matter what.

im really good against IC but there is still a certain level of them where you just cant really win as sheik imo. i wish amsah vs chu would've happened at pound, i would've loved to see it.
I agree with everything said here. A lot of Sheik's "bad matchups" involve camping ridiculously and it's not fun at all... unless you're M2k (or you just have to be a better player overall/play better than your opponent, etc).

nicaboy

Smash Champion
its ics favor but i dont think its that bad. 60 -40. when is just popo its sheik favor. When its both of them(which is generally gonna be alot) its hard since she doesn't separate them very well.
also the only match ups which i feel sheik is at a disadvantage is fox and ice climbers.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I just go Peach.

FC Fair
FC Nair
Dair Nair
Dair Uair
FC Bair
D-smash
Jab sometimes
Grab sometimes to setup edgeguard

It's all good baby

Turnips when they try to camp back and to make Fair approach safer

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Just learn how to float cancel. She's mad easy. I picked her up myself for the ics matchup. And very quickly learned her. (note: I didnt say perfect her)

Offtopic- sazh sucks. lol.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
its ics favor but i dont think its that bad. 60 -40. when is just popo its sheik favor. When its both of them(which is generally gonna be alot) its hard since she doesn't separate them very well.
also the only match ups which i feel sheik is at a disadvantage is fox and ice climbers.
What ice climber players do you play with? Do you play with UberIce/any good icies? The only Ice Climber players I've run into have been KyuPuff, IronChief, and ChuDat. ChuDat was near impossible to even think about beating.... I think if I had camped the ledge for a 24 minute set I MIGHT have had a shot at beating him (Pound 4 3rd round pools).

All in all, I would've really liked to have seen Amsah vs ChuDat at Pound...
Amsah, do a money match with Chu at Apex! :D

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
And Jiggs ... ? Lol.

For ICs, Sheik basically has to camp needles and use the platforms for safe fairs and bairs until she damages them to 60% or so. Then tilting becomes viable, and dsmashing becomes worthwhile. Once she separates them, Nana is at her mercy, and Popo can be edgeguarded easily with successive slaps until he's no more.

Spife

Smash Master
Or go link :bee:
throw **** all day
kick them in the face
fsmash that wavecheating approach
killing them is easier then computing their terminal velocity while they're dying too! (hint: it's 4)

nicaboy

Smash Champion
What ice climber players do you play with? Do you play with UberIce/any good icies? The only Ice Climber players I've run into have been KyuPuff, IronChief, and ChuDat. ChuDat was near impossible to even think about beating.... I think if I had camped the ledge for a 24 minute set I MIGHT have had a shot at beating him (Pound 4 3rd round pools).

All in all, I would've really liked to have seen Amsah vs ChuDat at Pound...
Amsah, do a money match with Chu at Apex! :D
i played chu and uber ice but they are no where near the same level of skill. Although uber beat me in a couple of more matches i can feel the disadvantage in the match up. He is very good though he beat chops like 2 months before i played him or something like that. I played chu but again that was when i mained peach. Spawn im sure you could have beaten chu if you tried a lil harder :)

And Jiggs ... ? Lol.
you ask the sheik boards my opinion on the match lol

soap

Smash Hero
how do u explain losing money matches to his pichu?

that was like three years ago, im sure that doesn't happen anymore lol

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i had been playing for 8 months, i didnt start til 06. chu was a way better player than me then, i was nowhere near as good as i am now. i typically 3 stock all his secondaries lol

unknown522

Some guy
my god. Sheik's death tech chase on FFers is so ridiculously easy.......

I'm trying to make sheik my serious secondary.

Anyone have tips on approaching falco/falcon? Or making them approach me? I'm sorry, this has probably been asked many times by other people.

Kira-

Smash Champion
my god. Sheik's death tech chase on FFers is so ridiculously easy.......

Anyone have tips on approaching falco/falcon? Or making them approach me? I'm sorry, this has probably been asked many times by other people.
I wish it was easy for me =(

Against falcon throw needles.. can't do much to approach cause of his dashdance so get him to nair you. Throw out short hop fair > ftilt > cc grab

Against Falco, dash attack under lasers, short hop nair over lasers. If he shoots on the ground, go on a platform and charge needles, he'll either approach or shoot lasers on a platform. If he approaches, just fall off slap, or angled needle to fall off slap (m2k style), if he lasers go on the ground and run underneath him.

If you space short hop slap on Falco's shield he can't do anything about it except roll or wd back after you do ftilt on his shield. just do basic mixups until you get a grab or he gets knocked on the ground

I suck at tech chasing on reaction.

unknown522

Some guy
thanks a lot. I'll work on that for now. I'll also post vids once I get near some recording equipment (or record tmrw since I'm at a smash fest).

But yeah, practice the tech chasing. It took me less than a week to do it with %50 consistency. What I do is assume that they will tech in place/not tech. If they do, then there is like a .5 second window to react with a boost grab/dash attack/f-tilt. If they don't tech, then I f-tilt if it's not stale, or shield if they are getting up in place/get up attack, to grab them. The only way they're getting out, is if I screw up, or if they edge-cancel or something. I kind of have trouble landing the initial grab though. Kirbykaze is incredibly gay with sheik/tech-chasing, when he wants to be.

Any more tips will be appreciated.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
LOL cuz i hate chu and hes rusty. i also have no respect for him as a player/person he just gets by on janky novelty bull**** and whenever he tries to play a real character gets **** on ^^

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Falling down from Fox's shine?

I've had it a couple of times now with different characters (that normally don't fall over), does anyone know how it works..? (or even what I'm talking about) :embarrass

I've been too lazy to search so bear with me if it's already been explained somewhere.

pockyD

Smash Legend
any more details on how it happens?

the only thing i can think of off the top of my head is putting your shield up as you slide off a platform, which puts you in tumble

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
It's just a regular shine when standing up, but instead of sliding backwards like Sheik usually does, I fell over like a spacey. It happened in the middle of FD..lol

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's just a regular shine when standing up, but instead of sliding backwards like Sheik usually does, I fell over like a spacey. It happened in the middle of FD..lol
You were probably charging a smash attack accidentally. If you're Shined out of a smash attack charge you will fall down.

Kira-

Smash Champion
But yeah, practice the tech chasing. It took me less than a week to do it with %50 consistency. What I do is assume that they will tech in place/not tech. If they do, then there is like a .5 second window to react with a boost grab/dash attack/f-tilt. If they don't tech, then I f-tilt if it's not stale, or shield if they are getting up in place/get up attack, to grab them. The only way they're getting out, is if I screw up, or if they edge-cancel or something. I kind of have trouble landing the initial grab though. Kirbykaze is incredibly gay with sheik/tech-chasing, when he wants to be.

Any more tips will be appreciated.
I would assume that it's difficult landing the first grab because you're always looking for it and your opponent has either consciously or subconsciously adjusted his game to not get grabbed. Of course I'd have no way of actually knowing that but it's just a guess.

Also if I understand you correctly then you tech chase strangely. If they DI the throw away do you just stand there and not get closer? What if it's a Falco rolling away.. I'm pretty sure you can't react to his roll away and get there in time cause his roll is better.. anyway I just guess when I tech chase so if you can do it better then more power to you

You were probably charging a smash attack accidentally. If you're Shined out of a smash attack charge you will fall down.
How do you know these things? Also I was thinking of a tactic where you jump out of shield against Fox's shine pressure so that when you get shined you have no stun when hitting the ground and can grab/uptilt/dsmash but I'm thinking it might not work cause nair shine is too fast

unknown522

Some guy
I would assume that it's difficult landing the first grab because you're always looking for it and your opponent has either consciously or subconsciously adjusted his game to not get grabbed. Of course I'd have no way of actually knowing that but it's just a guess.
haha, you know me already. Yeah, I'm way to obvious with my grab attempts. I also like to PS falcon's n-air and grab them. It feels so satisfying.

Also if I understand you correctly then you tech chase strangely. If they DI the throw away do you just stand there and not get closer? What if it's a Falco rolling away.. I'm pretty sure you can't react to his roll away and get there in time cause his roll is better.. anyway I just guess when I tech chase so if you can do it better then more power to you
when I throw them, I walk/WD to where they are landing. Close enough so that I will be able to shield-grab their get up attack. If they tech roll away, it feels like there is a lot of time to react to the roll.

I'm pretty sure it happens when you get shined out of certain frames of your grab as well.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Also I was thinking of a tactic where you jump out of shield against Fox's shine pressure so that when you get shined you have no stun when hitting the ground and can grab/uptilt/dsmash but I'm thinking it might not work cause nair shine is too fast
the falcon boards just got done discussing this exact concept and the results were pretty meh.

in practice, you can perform the jump out of sheild and intentionally getting shined no problem. The difficulty they (the falcons) found was that even though you land with no stun, its pushes you too far to get anything productive, and a quick fox will just react and punish quickly

sheik might have different results cuz she has faster tilts/ground game and a better grab range. try though and see what happens.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
i played chu and uber ice but they are no where near the same level of skill. Although uber beat me in a couple of more matches i can feel the disadvantage in the match up. He is very good though he beat chops like 2 months before i played him or something like that. I played chu but again that was when i mained peach. Spawn im sure you could have beaten chu if you tried a lil harder :)

you ask the sheik boards my opinion on the match lol
The reason I asked if you had played uberice is because i wanted to know what kind of skilled players you've played that play icies. I didn't know if you had played him/chu... until now haha. I know how good he is. He got like 17th at Genesis. I had to research him because I thought he was in my pool for Pound 4.

Alright, next time I play Chu (AT A MAJOR ONLY) I will camp his balls off and play a 24 minute set with him no matter what the crowd/any other person says. I can't wait for this. Someone quote me on this so if I run into him in pools/bracket and beat him because I play a 24 minute set it'd be ****ing hilariously awesome. xD

I really like this idea about jumping OOS after he's shield ****** you since you don't want your shield breaking. I didn't even think of that. Such a great tactic. I wish it was good vs Falco... but it'd get you ***** so bad lol.

Top Bottom