• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

nicaboy

Smash Champion
KK is my favorite Sheik of the month =D
give me a month and i will apply for amsah's favorite sheik of the month award.
Congrats Kirby kaze :laugh:

The reason I asked if you had played uberice is because i wanted to know what kind of skilled players you've played that play icies. I didn't know if you had played him/chu... until now haha. I know how good he is. He got like 17th at Genesis. I had to research him because I thought he was in my pool for Pound 4.

Alright, next time I play Chu (AT A MAJOR ONLY) I will camp his balls off and play a 24 minute set with him no matter what the crowd/any other person says. I can't wait for this. Someone quote me on this so if I run into him in pools/bracket and beat him because I play a 24 minute set it'd be ****ing hilariously awesome. xD

I really like this idea about jumping OOS after he's shield ****** you since you don't want your shield breaking. I didn't even think of that. Such a great tactic. I wish it was good vs Falco... but it'd get you ***** so bad lol.
You gotta do what you gotta do to win. There is nothing wrong about playing to win :)

soap

Smash Hero
the falcon boards just got done discussing this exact concept and the results were pretty meh.

in practice, you can perform the jump out of sheild and intentionally getting shined no problem. The difficulty they (the falcons) found was that even though you land with no stun, its pushes you too far to get anything productive, and a quick fox will just react and punish quickly

sheik might have different results cuz she has faster tilts/ground game and a better grab range. try though and see what happens.
i've done this with dsmash pretty effectively actually.

i wasn't intentionally trying to get shined though, that just happened.

i don't like taking damage though. i suppose it would be worth it for a grab, but they will eventually adapt and what not

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
LMFAO

I saw this, tried to remember my match with Marc.

Then just loled :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I've never vs'd someone that good vs shino stalling lol.

You have to win a match for it to go to 24 minutes.
I was accounting for the worst. To be honest, I hope I lose so I can get proven wrong about how Sheik could play to beat Icies. The reality of it is Chu's a better player than me. He also knows some gimmicky tricks... why would I hold back on my gimmicky tricks if he's not going to hold back on his?

I want to set an example for ice climber players to not go icies against me or else I will be a huge ******.
Edit: Unless I decide I feel like actually taking the time to learn the matchup. xD

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Yea I tried finding new ways to go against stalling.

It helps that a lot of new players that are intimidated tend to stall because they feel like they have to.

Not saying I'm amazing but, yea :)

Kira-

Smash Champion
What gimmicky tricks? Other than chaingrabs I don't see him doing anything out of the ordinary

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
What gimmicky tricks? Other than chaingrabs I don't see him doing anything out of the ordinary
I summon Plairnkk to answer this question since he knows Chu better than anybody lol.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
ive played chu a lot too :)

chu's style is...... wait and also he's a notorious sandbagger!

i think by gimmicky he means he plays icies

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I concur. Most of the time plank got grabbed it was because he mis spaced his move (falling uairs) and then chu grabbed him. I think gimmicky just entails gay normal IC stuff.

It is just an extremely hard matchup because of spacing/perfection reasons. The IC's have room to make mistakes and still come out on top if they capitalize on yours. That isn't really the case with sheik.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I was just using Plank's word when he said gimmicky or something (hence the summoning of him so he could explain further about why he thinks he's gimmicky).

Really though it's just Icies are janky... but so is Sheik... I'm just upset how other characters aside from my mains are good vs my characters. xD

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
How do you know these things? Also I was thinking of a tactic where you jump out of shield against Fox's shine pressure so that when you get shined you have no stun when hitting the ground and can grab/uptilt/dsmash but I'm thinking it might not work cause nair shine is too fast
People say things and I remember them.

Nair Shine at any given time has like 15 frames of hey what's up no shield stun to screw around with. Your jump takes 3 to come out. So yeah, you have time to do it.

I'm pretty sure it happens when you get shined out of certain frames of your grab as well.
Show me?

Kirbykaze ***** falcon when he wants to....
I'm awful against that character.

Chu's style is very basic.

I summon Plairnkk to answer this question since he knows Chu better than anybody lol.
Azen.

i think by gimmicky he means he plays icies
Grow a beard.

I concur. Most of the time plank got grabbed it was because he mis spaced his move (falling uairs) and then chu grabbed him. I think gimmicky just entails gay normal IC stuff.

It is just an extremely hard matchup because of spacing/perfection reasons. The IC's have room to make mistakes and still come out on top if they capitalize on yours. That isn't really the case with sheik.

gimmicks suck vs good players.
Probably, but they make for amusing matches.

I was just using Plank's word when he said gimmicky or something (hence the summoning of him so he could explain further about why he thinks he's gimmicky).

Really though it's just Icies are janky... but so is Sheik... I'm just upset how other characters aside from my mains are good vs my characters. xD
Sheik is 100% bacon. Bacon is in no way jank.

give me a month and i will apply for amsah's favorite sheik of the month award.
Wait I wasn't supposed to put this here

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Sheik is a hermaphrodite in case people didn't know.

Also, unknown, gimmicky tricks work on good players... just not some of them.

Zoler

Smash Ace
Asked this in the social thread but no answers so I'll repost it here:

Isn't it better to always techchase with regrab? I mean because it's the safest and easiest one. This is PAL I'm talking about too remember so would be awesome if Amsah could give me his opinion in this matter. I'm feeling that at least in PAL to techchase with lets say upsmash you have to guess, with regrab you can do it on reaction which makes me think to play perfectly safe and optimal you should always regrab.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333

Isn't it better to always techchase with regrab? I mean because it's the safest and easiest one. This is PAL I'm talking about too remember so would be awesome if Amsah could give me his opinion in this matter. I'm feeling that at least in PAL to techchase with lets say upsmash you have to guess, with regrab you can do it on reaction which makes me think to play perfectly safe and optimal you should always regrab.
Yes, most people just don't have the reaction speed to do it. What might be easy for you to do might be hard for others. I suck at tech chasing lol.

KirbyKaze, M2K, and Amsah are all amazing at techchasing.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer

There is no 'best' option.
How you follow up on techs depends on your opponents character, percentage, position on stage and what you think your opponents DI will be and probably other things I can't remember right now.

Grabbing is good at low percentages against fast fallers though, because they can't CC it and it leads to new tech chasing opportunities.

Spife

Smash Master
well, first, you gotta jump into the air, BUT YOU'RE NOT DONE YET! You see that little yellow nub? Well you gotta push that in peaches direction BEFORE YOU LAND!!! It's hard, I can do it about 50% of the time. Oh! And make sure peach is within range otherwise you'll miss and get laughed at.
Any other vague questions?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
LLOLOOL. Everytime I do that I get naired

also you forgot to say L cancel! how could you

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
LLOLOOL. Everytime I do that I get naired

also you forgot to say L cancel! how could you
To be fair, you only asked about fairing. You don't need to lcancel her fair if you autocancel. You asked like the worst possible question (or at least in vagueness). :p

Give us a specific example when you get naired out. Almost everything in this game is situational and there is no precise answer for anything.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
To be fair, you only asked about fairing. You don't need to lcancel her fair if you autocancel. You asked like the worst possible question (or at least in vagueness). :p

Give us a specific example when you get naired out. Almost everything in this game is situational and there is no precise answer for anything.
Alright alright. :laugh:
I'm next to peach and I jump up to fair her but she nairs me. then i cry

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
So she's putting her move out before yours and for some reason you're getting hit?

;P

Sorry, I probably shouldn't be on the boards today. I feel like being a **** so I'll just stop posting for a bit haha. Just keep in mind I'm joking with you.

Kira-

Smash Champion
well, first, you gotta jump into the air, BUT YOU'RE NOT DONE YET! You see that little yellow nub? Well you gotta push that in peaches direction BEFORE YOU LAND!!! It's hard, I can do it about 50% of the time. Oh! And make sure peach is within range otherwise you'll miss and get laughed at.
Any other vague questions?
LOL

Most Peaches like to float. So just slap them when you think they're gonna float.

Other than that, place a fair where you think they are going to be in the next half second.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yo spawn was right, tht q was dumb

yu just have to fair her before she nairs. common sense

<3 u lenny

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Sheik is a hermaphrodite in case people didn't know.

Also, unknown, gimmicky tricks work on good players... just not some of them.
no she isnt she is female. Maining sheik made me like her more as a character outside of smash.

In ocrina of time the fish princess(i think her name was ruto or something) refered to sheik as a male while sheik is in fact female.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
it works just the same. basically moving it out like that will move your flame hitboxes outwards. in that situation it was impractical as it probably is as a whole, but you could perhaps want ur hitboxes out a little more, i guess if somebody was recovering and u wanted to hit them or something. i think it just makes it a bit slower and moves ur hitboxes to outside of the stage which is generally not what you want to do, you want to hit people coming at you from the stage

Kaffei

Smash Hero
it works just the same. basically moving it out like that will move your flame hitboxes outwards. in that situation it was impractical as it probably is as a whole, but you could perhaps want ur hitboxes out a little more, i guess if somebody was recovering and u wanted to hit them or something. i think it just makes it a bit slower and moves ur hitboxes to outside of the stage which is generally not what you want to do, you want to hit people coming at you from the stage
I know, lol. I just want to do it because I think it looks cool. So how can I do it specifically?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
that match as a whole, though was amazing. m2k did some really quick **** that i could never really pull out in a tourney. /takes notes

Top Bottom