• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
In ocrina of time the fish princess(i think her name was ruto or something) refered to sheik as a male while sheik is in fact female.
and she only did this cuz sheik appeared to be a male. ruto didn't actually know her.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I wish my Sheik could do the technical things that M2k does in tournament. :( I have so much more work to practice lol.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
No.... he just has great timing and understands characters deeper than everyone lol.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I mean, he is able to do the claw. Which is pretty impressive on its own.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
That's pretty impressive. You'll probably win Apex or something.

soap

Smash Hero
Lmao. okay thanks.

Another question!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QILgpiojn8w 0:45 When M2K does his Shino Stall how come he goes out so far but when most people do it they just stay linear? How does M2K do that
just aim your first half of upb back.

i didn't see anything too crazy in that match (technically wise...watching kels get 4 stocked was impressive), that nair to walljump needle turn was nice. I usually die when i nair off yoshis

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
just aim your first half of upb back.

i didn't see anything too crazy in that match (technically wise...watching kels get 4 stocked was impressive), that nair to walljump needle turn was nice. I usually die when i nair off yoshis
I watched that like 12 times. If you noticed he also only waited around camping Kels. He shieldgrabbed a Fox that is able to nair shine perfectly... you have like 5 frame margin of error. If that isn't technical/most experienced thing ever, I don't know what is. Shieldgrabbing Fox/Falco is ridiculously hard.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
You can sort of judge if it's doable by how early they start their aerial. Still risky against a good space animal like Kels though.
I'm not saying that it's impossible. I'm just saying it's ****ed hard to do and takes a lot of experience ****ing it up.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Chival- I assumed so, but I had to be sure.

KK- It is highly recommended to practice it even if you continue to get *****, I agree. If you can get shieldgrabbing a spacie down, then you're basically going to be the best Sheik in the universe eventually (there's more stuff to get down than shield grabbing spacies but it's heavily in your favor if you can get that down).

Also, if you look at that match, M2K played it like, pretty much perfectly while still allowing for him to do techy ****.

soap

Smash Hero
I watched that like 12 times. If you noticed he also only waited around camping Kels. He shieldgrabbed a Fox that is able to nair shine perfectly... you have like 5 frame margin of error. If that isn't technical/most experienced thing ever, I don't know what is. Shieldgrabbing Fox/Falco is ridiculously hard.
are u saying kels nair shined perfectly and m2k grabbed him? I think it's more like m2k is a better player than kels and kels ****ed up stuff he normally is better at cuz he was intimidated.

I need to rewatch the match first but i thought late nair to shine was impossible to grab. right?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
are u saying kels nair shined perfectly and m2k grabbed him? I think it's more like m2k is a better player than kels and kels ****ed up stuff he normally is better at cuz he was intimidated.

I need to rewatch the match first but i thought late nair to shine was impossible to grab. right?
Well, he grabbed it vs Lucky too, so idk

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
idk why they don't just shine grab him at the edge and hurl him offstage if he's blatantly standing there waiting for the high aerial / missed l-cancel / other thing.

Rykard

Smash Ace
Hey guys i have a quick question about this match here between darkrain and m2k: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vphTto5RzLc#t=0m33s

At the time i linked, you can see that m2k repeatedly fairs darkrain over the stage as a way of continuing his edgeguarding. During this series of events, there are many times where darkrain lands pretty close to the edge on the stage and here is where my idea came. Would it have been possible for m2k to ledgehop, reverse needle cancel, and then fair him back off the stage in the direction darkrain came from rather than hitting him in the direction he did and chasing him all over the stage? I'm not sure about the landing lag on falcons up-b, but to me, this seems like something that should be done to punish characters who are forced to up-b on to the stage because you are edgehogging. part of me thinks this wouldn't be fast enough as they would either be able to buffer a roll/spot dodge or get their sheild up fast enough to block it, but if it would work, i feel like this would be really effective way of edgeguarding marth, falcon, sheik, and maybe other characters that have exploitable landing lag on their up-bs

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I'm not 100% sure on doing that without people able to shield.

You could also do a reverse nair from ledgehop if you want, it has pretty good knockback if you throw it out late and its much easier to execute.

Vts

Smash Champion
has anyone tried messing around with sheik to do a ledge cancel from an up-b wall jump from yoshi's story?

i've done it 2 times now when it hit the platform just right and i can do anything.

wondering if anyone else has tried these little tricks before or knows how to do it more consistently than me.

(working on other maps to see if it could be useful right now but failing lol)

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
i'm a little late to the party, but kels is pretty good against sheik. he says he sucks against sheik bc of m2k, but he's good. someone here beat him and show me some tips. <3 kels

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ive watched his vids and i think hes especially BAD against sheik, lol so its funny u say that

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
has anyone tried messing around with sheik to do a ledge cancel from an up-b wall jump from yoshi's story?

i've done it 2 times now when it hit the platform just right and i can do anything.

wondering if anyone else has tried these little tricks before or knows how to do it more consistently than me.

(working on other maps to see if it could be useful right now but failing lol)
I'm pretty sure I'm the only one working on those kinds of things... I highly doubt M2k or Amsah are working on it because they're too facking good.

I did the upb edgecancelling 5 times in a row on yoshis a few weeks ago. I need my Action Replay back so I can learn the exact timing for it and how much you need to move while in the actual upb movement animation. Once I get that down, I'll MAYBE make a video, probably not though because I'm selfish and a jerk. ;P

Also, did you guys know that you can go completely horizontally up with Sheik's upb; then turn around? Try it out, it took me like 10 minutes to recreate what I did on accident. It's really ****ing useful/cool if you can do it perfectly consistent.

GAWD I NEED MY ****ING ACTION REPLAY BACK **** ITTTT!!!!!!!!!

Vts, if you make that tech skill video, I would be very happy. I haven't seen a Sheik tech skill video (aside from watching vids of pros) since soap's tech skill video which was like 2 years ago. xD

soap

Smash Hero
i could never get that upb edgecancelling. I dont think ive ever done it once without wind

im interested to see this

yo spawn i also made that japes video. that **** was a classic lol. only like 100 people watched it tho

Top Bottom