• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I need tips for fighting Peach. She's one of my hardest matchups same with Fox. I just fair/bair a lot but once Excel_zero finds an opening to dash attack, he starts to **** me so much. My region isnt bad at all for Sheik though. Besides a few Foxes its not really that hard for sheik. There are no ICs! No jigglerpuffs. And the best players are a Link (HDL) and a marth (ODIN) both easy matchups for sheik.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Kaffei - Don't be so vague plz? Its kinda hard to just... talk about a match up completely. Not to mention exhausting.
My bad.
2questions.
What do I do when I'm above him (as in what is the best option to get back down)
Do I needle camp or wat

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Kaffei - Don't be so vague plz? Its kinda hard to just... talk about a match up completely. Not to mention exhausting.
I can do it in like 5 mins.

But then I just say "don't let him in, corner him and let him be stupid, grab him when he's stupid, tilts only work when he's airborne, bair and fair are usually good."

Also, I need to know what Kaffei means by "above him". Is he comboing? Or are you stuck on a platform? Or has he finished the combo and now you're coming down?

Needle camping is okay if you are a better camper than the Fox but they're trying to do it anyway. Otherwise you should try to use your legs and slaps and put a lid on him.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Okay.. now.. How do I fight fox lol
play as gay as possible and dont feel bad

camp the ledge, run away, abuse range, gimp at 0%

dash attack at 50% leads to death if they don't CC

also short hop slap a lot. it works for amsah. just vary up the timing and aerial movement

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
1) I think if fox is under you your best best is to either time a nair or use needles to block his running.

2) You can... its up to you I suppose. Though I'd say no because fox have mobility advantage and the projectile advantage. On the stage anyway.

KK - By all means if you want to go for it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Because of these mixed messages from Haley fueling my psychosis, I think I'm going to melt babies.

And by that I mean I think I'm going to bake cookies.

Pi

Smash Hero
even though it's not applicable all the time, sh nair over lasers vs falco is a heck of a lot of fun.
This is my main way of getting around falco's **** with samus. And our SH's and Nairs are similar.

Falco's just refuse to accept that I am actually approaching them and usually don't shield
Idk what their deal is.

Side note
Sheik is so fun to play.
For a couple of matches.

Kaffei

Smash Hero

also short hop slap a lot. it works for amsah. just vary up the timing and aerial movement
I love to play gay.

And thanks guys. Also, I meant in both situations (on a platform and being comboed)

painlord k11

Smash Journeyman

abuse fair against spaceys more since they really light weight it wont go stale that quick so it can still kill at a good % go kira =D

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
So, how do I beat that Peach. Nobody ever answered ;_;. Im thinking more fair would be good.
Next time try to be more specific. Trust me you don't wanna shell out giant essays all the time its not fun.

Basically don't be like, "Hey how do you play against Falco?" a better question would be like, how do you deal with their lasers or well you get the idea. More specific is good!

I want to come visit you so baddly and play with you >< and watch anime together and get naked together and frolic in the fields then we can get our legs and hands cut off due to the frostbite up north then become the best nub smash team :psycho:
I finish my semester on the 14th... just sayin ;)

Ministry

Smash Ace
i Feel like peach is all bout zoning. you have to get her in a position to aproach you since shes bad at it. baiting the turnips to throw back works well. needles to bait aproaches and spacing grabs, once you get more grabs the peach plays more defensivly and its easier for you to camp. Its like push and pull. just try to put peach on the defensive without attacking. if that makes any sense.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Fighting peach in NTSC is like fighting a less mobile/heavier jigglypuff.

Basically you almost pretend she's a fat jigglypuff. Its usually a bad idea to challenge peach's moves. You have to typically out speed her.

The difference is unlike vs jigglypuff you can rely more on your grabs.

Turnips imo don't do too much as long as you know how to deal with them. Tilting them is really helpful imo, obviously not the stitchface but yea...

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I don't know how to deal with turnips.

Tec0 right an essay on how to deal with turnips.... or I'll just ask all questions regarding them...

What do you do when Peach floats above you and throws a turnip at your shield/not shield?

When you're stuck in shield what do you do when the turnip hit and she does:

Fair
>grab
>dsmash
>slap, wait, ???
>slap slap

Nair
>grab
>dsmash
>slap, wait, ???
>slap slap

Dair
>idk what peach does from dair on shield xD

Are these good enough questions for you Tec0! >:O

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
<3 Tec0

Anyways,

When do Fox/Falco fall down from dsmash? I keep dsmashing Fox/Falco at low percents then they cc it and I get *****. :(

Kaffei

Smash Hero
<3 Tec0

Anyways,

When do Fox/Falco fall down from dsmash? I keep dsmashing Fox/Falco at low percents then they cc it and I get *****. :(
I think it's like 3x%? I don't remember. Go test it with 2 controllers lol

soap

Smash Hero
i try not to let peach hit my shield. It usually ends badly.

u can buffer roll out of her dair.

shieldgrab her jabs.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Just in case some people don't know, if you manage to catch a turnip you can still use your b-moves (like, needles) without throwing the turnip. So catch a turnip, do needle stuff, throw the turnip, do aerial stuff, this might work

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
What gives me so much trouble against peach is the **** combos she has on sheik and the shield pressure. I instacatch/PS every turnip unless I get mindgamed. They are not a problem. Oh, and edgeguarding ;_;.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I should start trying to PS turnips. I didn't even think of that for some reason :D

Also, Peach doesn't have that **** of combos on Sheik if you think about it.... so long as you know how to DI and DI correctly in every instance.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
i saw that match between you and armada. I play peach alot different from you lol. You did really good in the pools match. but bracket wasnt to hot.

w/e you got this man i know you can.

sheik ***** peach

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I don't know how to deal with turnips.

Tec0 right an essay on how to deal with turnips.... or I'll just ask all questions regarding them...

What do you do when Peach floats above you and throws a turnip at your shield/not shield?

When you're stuck in shield what do you do when the turnip hit and she does:

Fair
>grab
>dsmash
>slap, wait, ???
>slap slap

Nair
>grab
>dsmash
>slap, wait, ???
>slap slap

Dair
>idk what peach does from dair on shield xD

Are these good enough questions for you Tec0! >:O
IMO since I've played both these characters if you go about staying there and intend to allow the turnip to hit your shield you're just asking for one of those to happen.

Basically in a position when you're both at a standstill I think you should tilt the turnip and run away/under whatever. It leaves you both in neutral positions for the most part.

The times when its unavoidable, like when you tech rolled and the turnip is already on its way. I usually just buffer a roll away from peach.

If I get faired I usually just buffer a roll and CC immediately to prevent getting dash attacked.

Kira-

Smash Champion
abuse fair against spaceys more since they really light weight it wont go stale that quick so it can still kill at a good % go kira =D
Yeah but you want to get a good dash attack in at the right percent so you can kill. slap all day won't kill that soon lol

Also I'd like to think I'm good vs Peach, but I haven't played a lot of good ones. Just haven't lost to any bad/decent ones basically. When my match vs MacD gets recorded I'll post it here, it was probably the best I've played against him in awhile.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Tec0, that response was what I was looking for, thanks.

Kira, can't wait. :D

Top Bottom