• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

xbombr

Smash Ace
How do I fight jiggs
Constantly respace yourself and punish them for bad spacing. Don't grab if you think they can crouch. If you can ensure that they won't crouch for whatever reason then grab -> ****. By **** I mean whatever aerial you can get away with given her DI >_>

Needles are alright if you can get her below you.

I like platforms quite a bit in this match up, but I guess that's just a Sheik thing.

Don't get above her, you get UAir'ed or Utilted and you'll die.

BAir A LOT. NAir's good sometimes for punishing misspacing. FAir them if they opportunity comes up. Usmash and UAir work on stupid Jigglypuffs who think being above you is safe.

Realize the match up is bad, don't approach, and accept that killing her without getting the opportunity to FAir, getting a well spaced BAir, or her getting hit by one of your vertical kill moves is a *****.

Actually, that's just what I do and I don't do that bad really... It's hard to explain since you have to constantly look for ways around her priority.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
i dont get how this is applicable

even if you're PS'ing lasers from across the stages, the falco is just gonna keep shooting cuz its not a threat

and its not like you can approach and do this because the action of run->duck->letgo->sheild sounds janky as hell
This should be correct, however if you can powershield 5-7/10 times, Falcos actually do get annoyed. It's more of a psychological thing than a rational thing. Watch Overtriforce vs DrPP or Me (Spawn) vs Yedi. In both cases you'll notice that they stop using lasers as much. In my case vs Yedi, Yedi actually gets to the point where he's afraid to laser me because I punished so hard.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
How do I fight jiggs
im telling you guys sheik >jigs
anywho you can look at the op match up thread i wrote some stuff vs jigs in their.

Im solid in the match up

hey anyone wanna tell me any secrets about fighting fox and falco. there my weakest match ups but i can do them. I gotta get better with reading techs in place

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
im telling you guys sheik >jigs
anywho you can look at the op match up thread i wrote some stuff vs jigs in their.

Im solid in the match up

hey anyone wanna tell me any secrets about fighting fox and falco. there my weakest match ups but i can do them. I gotta get better with reading techs in place
something amsah showed me is about spacing grabs. when he reads techs in place he spaces out of range for the shine and can still grab afterwards. however i think this tech is so hard to do that you must be amsah level to do it in matches XD

xbombr

Smash Ace
Nicaboy- Spacies point their feet outwards, in opposite directions when they tech in place. Just look at the inplace animation and remember it. If you don't see their feet pointing outwards exactly like that or if you don't see a green flash (a non-tech) then run to cover whichever side tech option. Once you get it down where the inplace and non-tech aren't issues, the sides are easy and you can extend your tech chases by quite a bit. Learning the animations is key because that method is more fool-proof if you have the reaction skills than guessing where they're going to tech based on your ability to predict their thinking. This is especially helpful if you're good at boostgrabbing.

Also, microwave your sig is amazing.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
something amsah showed me is about spacing grabs. when he reads techs in place he spaces out of range for the shine and can still grab afterwards. however i think this tech is so hard to do that you must be amsah level to do it in matches XD
if amsah can do it so can i. he is human so im i. just gotta practice it homei
Nicaboy- Spacies point their feet outwards, in opposite directions when they tech in place. Just look at the inplace animation and remember it. If you don't see their feet pointing outwards exactly like that or if you don't see a green flash (a non-tech) then run to cover whichever side tech option. Once you get it down where the inplace and non-tech aren't issues, the sides are easy and you can extend your tech chases by quite a bit. Learning the animations is key because that method is more fool-proof if you have the reaction skills than guessing where they're going to tech based on your ability to predict their thinking. This is especially helpful if you're good at boostgrabbing.

Also, microwave your sig is amazing.
ya i remember banks say somethin about it. great imma test it tommorow. Im fairly cofedient in my tech chasing even under pressure so imma work it. thanks bros

Ministry

Smash Ace
its unnecesary. just grab them through their stand up animation. why are all of you waiting until they shine to grab them? my best guess is your not walking towards them when they DI away and your getting late grabs and getting shined. just walk

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
i dont get how this is applicable

even if you're PS'ing lasers from across the stages, the falco is just gonna keep shooting cuz its not a threat

and its not like you can approach and do this because the action of run->duck->letgo->sheild sounds janky as hell
This is true, but most falcos just suddenly stop lasering after they get powershielded, some even after they get powershielded once, and some even if you are not powershielding at all. They suddenly stop lasering and go for shines and dair, it's like all non-pro falcos have a trigger for that. I guess good falcos would stop lasering if you powershield more than half of the lasers or something

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
its unnecesary. just grab them through their stand up animation. why are all of you waiting until they shine to grab them? my best guess is your not walking towards them when they DI away and your getting late grabs and getting shined. just walk
It'sa precaution, just in case you're too late and they do get a shine in.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i get shined all the time. im going to work on this for when im just a bit too slow lol

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Thanks :). I got good spacing with Sheik and in general. So that wont be a problem. I was just curious I tend to use both, but I didnt know which one was the better for shield pressuring. I never spotdodge after a fair though >_< I just jab/ftilt/dtilt/run away.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
it can get fairly hard. if they do the tech in place behind you, it can get tough.

slight tangent, but if spacies could only tech in front of you, i'd never miss a tech chase EVERRRRRRRRRR

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I know.

I think it's easier to do stupid inescapable regrab bull**** with Marth sometimes because they can only go near the edge or into you.

Also, for Sheik, if you WD to space yourself when they go behind you, you will not miss the spacing if you WD the correct distance.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Do SH aerials over his. Bair or Fair on his Nair, your own Nair sometimes works too. Nair, Bair, and Fair all beat his Dair if you're spaced.

Nair out of shield sometimes.

Space your aerials so he can't CC Shine, F-smash, D-smash, D-tilt, or anything else involving you getting hit because he was ducking. If you can bait a dumb CC decision you can shield it, or avoid being hit by it, and then grab him and therefore kill him. Make your tech chases do damage, on that note.

Needle --> grab is okay on him if he likes to play really grounded. If he likes to play really CC heavy, despite the temptation, don't tilt him unless you're super spaced bros melee and even then it's best to grab or see if he'll be ever so kind as to do something stupid first. D-smash is also okay if you think you can get the multihit.

If you can powershield into grabs and from decent distance, do it a lot so he stops lasering. This shouldn't actually work but it has a psychological effect on him.

Don't try to punish in between late aerials and Shines. If he retreat aerials on your shield immediately after Shine, just sit in shield or WD back. You can't punish him so get your spacing back and prepare to counterattack. Against sloppy pressure I just WD OoS after the Shine, wait for the late Dair, and then grab them but that only works on people that try to pressure with late aerials for too long.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Thanks.
Also, when you're dthrow tech chasing, until what % can you jab reset falco

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
At 37% he gets the extra options I think (other than just stand up; the rolls and wakeup attack).

At 42% he can ASDI up and just stand.

It's somewhere in the OP to this thread, just look there.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
At 37% he gets the extra options I think (other than just stand up; the rolls and wakeup attack).

At 42% he can ASDI up and just stand.

It's somewhere in the OP to this thread, just look there.
thanks again

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
No.

Also, something I forgot. It's kind of hard to beat his high Dairs with tilts and Nair/Fair so if he's approaching from a platform kind of high or whatever, just get out of its way (dash under it or dash away from it) and then just grab him. You can also try to Uair/Bair him. Bair is easier to do but Uair has a better payoff. Grab is typically better than both of them, though.

DJRome

Smash Hero
idk, that isn't true with jab resets. ive had spacies roll around 23% vs sheik and marth and get ups around 27%. so it definitely isn't set in stone these percents. idk what else affects them tho

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
thats cuz most ppl DI away and tech in place so you just walk forward slightly and grab. It's old stuff but still extremely effective/safe/easy/good

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
M2K's been Nairing forever.
Dude you are pretty good at this game. That second round pool at p4 was silly. I think you cheated. Actually 3rd round was cool too except how did you lose 0-2 to drephen. He doesn't even know what a nair is.

thats cuz most ppl DI away and tech in place so you just walk forward slightly and grab. It's old stuff but still extremely effective/safe/easy/good
This man showed me the 10,000 needles. Only works when fox is at approximately 300 %.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Dude you are pretty good at this game. That second round pool at p4 was silly. I think you cheated. Actually 3rd round was cool too except how did you lose 0-2 to drephen. He doesn't even know what a nair is.
D-smash outprioritizes Nair, though, so it worked in his favour.

I did cheat in round 2. Falcon and space animals that don't know the matchup? :3

Top Bottom